CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s compare what is on the FB page for Bob and what’s posted by daughter JuM on her community site. Below is a sampling of the 14 posts in just 1 day.

Facebook page controlled by daughters for Bob (BBM):

Report/BlockFinding Robert M Harrod (Missing Person)

Wall

There are no more posts to show.
Sampling of daughter JuM’s 14 posts on community site in 1 day:

· Yes she is gone and I think meeting up with Bobby Brown at Whitney's mother's funeral was probably the last nail in the coffin (so to speak).
May you rest in peace Whitney.

· Heads up Big Bear folks there are some really nasty black clouds that are straight South from us that appear are moving (East) in your direction!

· The snow is still falling huge flakes right now (RS), so pretty, everything is white now!

· Okay, whatever is happening outside, I have never seen this before. Ice balls are falling harder than heavy rain (falling straight down), these balls are not wet they are solid and building up quick outside.

· We need moisture in these mountains or we will be in big trouble.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163033261#!/profile.php?id=100000163033261&sk=wall
http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/

Great post cloudajo. I mean really....I am going to put on my fortune teller's hat and predict that there will be a new post about cyber bullying, a new post about how deeply she is hurt by her father's disappearance but she cant discuss details (yawn) and how her feet are fused and she wishes she had the advantages of regular folks.

But enough about them-where are you Bob? What will help to find you and bring you home to those who truly love you?

One of the saddest stories I've ever read here on Websleuths... Every pic I see of them, they look so happy together. Its just heartbreaking. :(

wgma_fontelle_cake_090731_mn.jpg

http://jezebel.com/5327883/81+year+old-groom-disappears-after-marrying-his-childhood-sweetheart
Fontelle still hopes he will return: "I have waited, I don't want to be lost again without him. I want him to come home if he can."

A 'True Romance'...

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-long-engagement,0,266953.story
As a Mother's Day present, Fontelle's children bought her a plane ticket to Placentia.
She arrived on June 23 and both said the spark felt six decades ago was still there.
"She was considerably older, but still beautiful when she talked. I knew it -- I knew it was her. I could just tell by her voice," Bob told KTLA in an earlier interview, describing their reunion. "I just waned to hold her forever," he added.
When Bob asked what it would take to keep her, Fontelle replied, "Marriage!" So, Bob said, he asked her to marry her on the spot.
The couple wed on June 29.
Bob said Fontelle was always the one that got away, and that he considered himself lucky to have gotten a second chance with his one true love.

47939783.jpg

Can someone tell me a little more about this lawsuit the heirs apparent are waging against a friend of Bob's? I mean, why are they trying to get $$ from them? Didn't they squeeze enough out for themselves already? Not enough? Jealous that Bob knew 'nice people' he wanted to help out? Just seems so petty.

MAYBE Bob WANTED this individual to KEEP the money, rather than his three ehhhhh............daughters. It IS his money, after all. Perhaps this person is more deserving, because they CARED about BOB while he was LIVING. I mean they already got hold of everything not nailed down from Bob and Fontelle's house, already.

Have they done anything about kicking Bob's widow to the curb so they can liquidate the house? Just imagine how much of the trust they're wasting with frivolous lawsuits?

You know, fwiw, IF they would have spent more time LOOKING for Bob, rather than scurrying around trying to track down all of BOB'S MONEY, they may have found him by now. Well, hypothetically of course, IF they don't know where he is. They MUST want to find their dad. Doesn't it bother them he's vanished without a trace? I know, IF this were my loved one, I'd be more concerned with finding the individual than finding and grabbing all of his hard earned money.

Such a sad and disturbing case. :( Poor Bob.

Where is Bob?

TIA
fran

I know, IF this were my loved one, I'd be more concerned with finding the individual than finding and grabbing all of his hard earned money.

Such a sad and disturbing case. :( Poor Bob.

Where is Bob?

TIA
fran

Respectfully snipped. Imo, the sum of all the activity surrounding Bob's money from the time of his first wife's passing, through today, summarizes the priorities of Bob's blood family. I haven't forgotten, according to Bob's friend Paul Estes, Bob had paid each of his daughters 15,000 to leave him alone at the start of 2009. Long before he was reunited with Fontelle.

All of the activity surrounds Bobs money. Sadly, I don't believe they were ever interested in the person, at least their actions are not indicative of any interest other than his money.

:sigh: :(

Well, LE says he didnt walk away, he wasnt abducted by a stranger, BL and family were cleared. The most significant mud thrown by RB, PB and JuM has been directed at the BL and their step mother.

Sooooo, since we know they must be deliberately continuing to cast aspersions on people who have nothing to do with Bob's presumed homicide.....It doesnt get much simpler than this imo. They know perfectly well the BL and Family and their stepmother were not involved in this. It is mystifying that they continue to throw the mud. I mean, really really confusing.

It is hard for me to believe that a man with Bob's work ethic and devotion to his first and second wife wouldnt have raised three children that mirror some of those same qualities. Mind you, I only have their very own words as a yardstick.

So if you were possibly limited by to a two hour trip, in order to accomodate a return trip of the same, where would you go with someone or something that you were planning on leaving behind?

I haven't forgotten, according to Bob's friend Paul Estes, Bob had paid each of his daughters 15,000 to leave him alone at the start of 2009.

Sounds like a bargain and money well-spent.

Well, let me see. Can you tell me, what time of day Bob was last known to be alive? NOT by the blood relatives or sil, but people who could be relied on as to the truth of the matter?

Then, could you remind me what time the handyman guy/sil, returned to the home to find the maid waiting to be let in? Then I'll think on it.

To be honest, I'm very familiar with OC, LA, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. I have family from the Pacific to the San Bernardino mountains, and in between. I'm even somewhat familiar with Ventura County, although, sadly my family from that part of the area has long departed, but I spent many hours and days around there.

Hmmm .................. Lots of open space. But, you know they say there is no coincidence in murder and there's no school to learn how to get away with murder. They all THINK they're smarter than everyone else, but they always make mistakes. It only takes ONE! if you know what I mean.

JMHO
fran

They know perfectly well the BL and Family and their stepmother were not involved in this. It is mystifying that they continue to throw the mud. I mean, really really confusing.

One simple explanation is that they really underestimate the intelligence of LE and of the public who reads their posts. As awful as the mudslinging is, such arrogance is rarely without consequence.

Well, let me see. Can you tell me, what time of day Bob was last known to be alive? NOT by the blood relatives or sil, but people who could be relied on as to the truth of the matter?

Then, could you remind me what time the handyman guy/sil, returned to the home to find the maid waiting to be let in? Then I'll think on it.

To be honest, I'm very familiar with OC, LA, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. I have family from the Pacific to the San Bernardino mountains, and in between. I'm even somewhat familiar with Ventura County, although, sadly my family from that part of the area has long departed, but I spent many hours and days around there.

Hmmm .................. Lots of open space. But, you know they say there is no coincidence in murder and there's no school to learn how to get away with murder. They all THINK they're smarter than everyone else, but they always make mistakes. It only takes ONE! if you know what I mean.

JMHO
fran

Let's say for the sake of argument the last known non family contact was between 9am and 10AM for purposes of speculation. (The timeline has been a moving target.) And let's say SIL return was between 1:15 and 2:15PM.

IIRC, SIL may have had some access to some construction dump sites because he was a contractor or worked as a carpenter..something like that.

Now, I have always tried to see if the timeline works into making it as far as Running Springs CA where JuM and JeM have a home. (Of course in the event we make the leap that he had something to do with this.)

Are you familiar with the traffic patterns during those times of day fran?

Yes, in the event we make that leap....

I'm curious about the construction dump sites. Is this material recycled in any way or is it buried similiarly to how household trash is buried?

How many construction dump sites are within a 2 hour drive of Bobs home and where are they located?

I'm on the fence whether this was premeditated or not. What if this was planned ahead of time, and a grave site was prepared ahead of time?

What about a possible dump of his body into the ocean? A burial at sea with mom so to speak?

I've also considered area's near Monrovia, where they would have been very familiar with different area's from back in their HS days.

Where are you Bob?

Transfer Stations

Waste Management of Orange County operates two transfer stations, which each day handle and sort trash, recyclables, construction and demolition (C&D) materials and greenwaste. In addition to serving local waste haulers and businesses such as landscapers or construction firms, the transfer stations also serve local residents. The Orange Transfer Station accepts recyclables such as aluminum, glass and plastic, which can be dropped at the buyback center in exchange for cash.

If you're working on a special project or find you've simply run out of room in your trash carts, please visit one of our sites.

Sunset Environmental Transfer Station

sunsetmap.gif

16122 Construction Circle West
Irvine, CA 92606
(714) 558-7761
or
(800) 596-7444
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 6am-7pm
Saturday: 6am-5pm

Acceptable Items
  • yard waste
  • furniture
  • trash
  • construction debris
  • televisions, monitors and other e-waste
  • appliances - including those containing refrigerant

Orange Transfer Station

orangemap.gif

2050 N. Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 558-7761 or (800) 596-7444
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm
Saturday 6am -2pm

Acceptable Items

• yard waste
  • furniture
  • trash
  • construction debris
  • televisions, monitors and other e-waste
  • appliances - including those containing refrigerant
  • recyclables such as aluminum, glass and plastic, which can be dropped at the buyback center in exchange for cash
http://www.wmorangecounty.com/services/transfer.asp

Maybe someone who is better at posting maps than I am can post maps for the two transfer stations to and from Bob's home, and an estimated time with traffic at the above estimated/speculated times.

tia

Maybe someone who is better at posting maps than I am can post maps for the two transfer stations to and from Bob's home, and an estimated time with traffic at the above estimated/speculated times.

tia

Here are the distances/times. There are also several Home Depots nearby each of the transfer stations.

A. Bob’s House
522 Carnation Drive, Placentia, CA 92870

B. Orange Transfer Station
2050 North Glassell Street, Orange, CA 92865

4.6 mi – about 14 mins from Bob’s house

C. Sunset Environmental Transfer Station
16122 Construction Circle West, Irvine, CA 92606

12.3 mi – about 21 mins continuing on from North Glassell Street
16.6 mi, 28 mins from Bob’s house

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=522+Carnation+Drive,+Placentia,+CA+92870&daddr=2050+North+Glassell+Street,+Orange,+CA+92865+to:16122+Construction+Circle+West,+Irvine,+CA+92606&hl=en&sll=33.786281,-117.841415&sspn=0.226846,0.527&geocode=Faz3BAIdlKL5-ClrJnd2IdTcgDH6JhRFJFfhvA%3BFaYTBAIdyrL5-CnjoX2TPdfcgDHx1MUn8Ukhsg%3BFfIqAgId4zX6-ClN3FAuI9zcgDH1OIB1197fWw&oq=2050+N.+Glassell+St.,+Orange,+CA+92865&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

If we head in this direction of speculation, I would expect we would be looking for a transfer station that has minumum traffic during the day and certainly minimum security.

Just as a reminder.

There is a $50,000 reward being offered for information about Bob's whereabouts or information leading to an arrest and conviction of anyone involved in Bob's disappearance/presumed homicide.

Authorities are asking anyone with information
about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective
Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176,
or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

A little OT.....

I'm following another CA case, that of Michaela Garecht and hoping her family gets closure after all these years.

Authorities are working from maps and a letter that Shermantine recently provided to The Record in Stockton and Sacramento-based bounty hunter Leonard Padilla. One included a map of a farm with a well on it, Padilla said. Shermantine told him Herzog dumped about 12 bodies in there and eventually lit it on fire and buried the well.

The bounty hunter made a deal with the serial killer that if he led them to a positively identified body he would pay Shermantine $18,000, clearing his restitution bill and allowing him to buy candy bars and prisoner perks from the commissary, Padilla said. The bounty hunter has promised an additional $15,000 for a positive ID on a second body.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_19945892

After reading the above, I was thinking how nice it would be if we could get Leonard Padilla to match the reward Bob's trust money has offered, but without the stipulation the reward can not be collected by family. Oh the possibilities.....

Boy, would I love to get Leonard Padilla interested in Bob's case. Maybe get someone talking.

Thinking of Bob and Fontelle on what would have been their first Valentine's Day as husband and wife. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955