CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say for the sake of argument the last known non family contact was between 9am and 10AM for purposes of speculation. (The timeline has been a moving target.) And let's say SIL return was between 1:15 and 2:15PM.

IIRC, SIL may have had some access to some construction dump sites because he was a contractor or worked as a carpenter..something like that.

Now, I have always tried to see if the timeline works into making it as far as Running Springs CA where JuM and JeM have a home. (Of course in the event we make the leap that he had something to do with this.)

Are you familiar with the traffic patterns during those times of day fran?

Our rush hours here vary, but traffic gets heavy about 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 or 9:00, then picks-up to begin evening rush hour, from, 2:30 or 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. There's a toll road you can pick up around Yorba Linda, etc., but you do not have to take the toll part, you can take the 91, but it's a nightmare, just about anytime, IMO.

Three hours to dump and return.... I'd cross off the legal dumps, need to pay and register, it's not serve yourself or un-manned. At least from what I understand. They keep track of who's dumping. If it's residential, you have to show ID and there's a fee. So I would imagine it's the same for even construction. I had to have a great deal of construction and just stuff removed from two sites a couple years ago and had to pay each time to have it hauled for an individual service. But a couple of times we did it on our own and they required ID because we HAD to be residents of the covered area. ID, oh, Bob's wallet is gone! Well, it would still be noted..................Did LE check the sites log ins?

I wouldn't look to Running Springs or any of the San Bernardino Mountain area. Too populated, too much risk. Gotta get rid of the evidence! I guess, that would be mainly,..................BOB! :(

Where is Bob?

fran

Thinking of Bob and Fontelle on what would have been their first Valentine's Day as husband and wife. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Hate to say, but it wouldn't be the first Valentine's day that they have missed, considering that Bob has been gone since 2009.

I doubt that Georgia Harrod could rest well with this disgrace left unresolved while the solution lays so close. It just takes one person with a conscience to clean this up. And what's it all worth otherwise?

missing.png
Cops: O.C. Man Vanished Without A Trace

Police in Placentia, Calif. are trying to find an elderly man, and they aren't sure how he disappeared. The 82-year-old recently married a sweetheart he hadn't seen in 59 years.
»The Full Story

Last updated August 14, 2009

Cops: Stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance

Well, well, well...........so cops said, "stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance.":what:

Maybe the culprit will be revealed once the $$ is all gone. You know, when that $50K reward fund doesn't sound like chump change. :innocent:

Yep, the tangled webs we weave. :sleuth:

JMHO
fran

Well, well, well...........so cops said, "stranger Not Responsible For Disappearance.":what:

Maybe the culprit will be revealed once the $$ is all gone. You know, when that $50K reward fund doesn't sound like chump change. :innocent:

JMHO
fran

LOL fran-this case sucks you in, doesnt it? It is such a complete and total heartbreaker. These two people waited for five decades to find a way back to one another, and this is how it ended up.

I cant believe we are on thread number 8 here. Maybe something big will happen between now and thread number 9!!

There is an exclusion to any family member collecting the reward. I don't recall the exact verbage, but it is written to clearly indicate family is not able to collect. Kind of sounded like a point blank statement (or possible threat?) to stay hush hush, but that was just my impression.

There is an exclusion to any family member collecting the reward. I don't recall the exact verbage, but it is written to clearly indicate family is not able to collect. Kind of sounded like a point blank statement (or possible threat?) to stay hush hush, but that was just my impression.

Wonder if that's a normal stipulation put on these missing people/murder rewards leading to ???????????

Or, as you said, {hint} to stay hush, hush! :eek:

Well, I guess time will tell if there is someone not in the family that knows.:websleuther:

fran

I believe the stipulation was added by the family, those in charge of the trust. IIRC.

JMHO
fran

BBM. They've actually been named "Persons of Interest" Excellent reading btw for those who have missed it before. They are vultures in human form.

Open the pdf doc at the below link.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

(snip)
Even though a homicide investigation by the Placentia Police Department remains open and Jeff Michaels (son-in-law), Julie Michaels (youngest daughter), Andrew Harrod (grandson), and Petitioners Roberta Brady and Paula Borcher all remain persons of interest, Petitioners and Objector agreed to proceed through mediation before the Honorable Arnold Gold on March 25th, 2010.

Thanks for resurrecting those docs, Suzi-I dont know if it is standard to qualify who receives a reward in a case like this. For me, the clause is par for the course with this group of people.....why wouldnt they be grateful for the help of ANYONE who could give vital information in this case? Who cares who it is?

BBM. They've actually been named "Persons of Interest" Excellent reading btw for those who have missed it before. They are vultures in human form.

Open the pdf doc at the below link.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

(snip)
Even though a homicide investigation by the Placentia Police Department remains open and Jeff Michaels (son-in-law), Julie Michaels (youngest daughter), Andrew Harrod (grandson), and Petitioners Roberta Brady and Paula Borcher all remain persons of interest, Petitioners and Objector agreed to proceed through mediation before the Honorable Arnold Gold on March 25th, 2010.

Chilling, actually.

I just found a copy of the reward poster. It reads "Family members or their relatives are excluded from claiming this reward."

It's a very odd stipulation indeed. Why is it there? Why would the prospective issue of family involvement even come up? Why would the source of information matter if it was true and helped find (or bring justice to) Bob? Since 'family members' here refers to a rather small group of people, who decided to include the stipulation, and to whom was it directed?

It was definitely an over-thought item in a reward poster -- someone trying to be smart. But it is so transparent.

I just found a copy of the reward poster. It reads "Family members or their relatives are excluded from claiming this reward."

It's a very odd stipulation indeed. Why is it there? Why would the prospective issue of family involvement even come up? Why would the source of information matter if it was true and helped find (or bring justice to) Bob? Since 'family members' here refers to a rather small group of people, who decided to include the stipulation, and to whom was it directed?

It was definitely an over-thought item in a reward poster -- someone trying to be smart. But it is so transparent.

I agree, and it is one more little nugget that speaks so loudly about what really happened to Mr. Harrod. IMO these little "nuggets" will add up to a damning conclusion one of these days!

Upcoming hearings in March:

March 12, 2012 - Jury Trial
Civil Case (against hairdresser)
Case #: 30-2011-00443444-CU-CO-CJC

March 22, 2012 - Motion - Other
Trust Proceedings
Case #: 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC

March 26, 2012 - Accounting
Conservatorship of Estate Only
Case #: 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC

http://www.occourts.org/online-services/

Hmmmm......... I've thought about this stipulation for a few days and I'm wonderin'?

Could this stipulation have been a threat toward the spouses, (don't know if they're married, just speculatin') the two POI who's spouses aren't named?

Or............. relatives of Fontelle? I mean, they want her outta' the house, I've seen previously, but if it could POSSIBLY mean they would be due funds from the estate, in any way shape or form, that they can control, or forgetaboutit..........

Just some thoughts,
fran

PS..... just an after-thought, but if any of you all spouses NOT mentioned as a POI, please be careful, or as they say, "Watch your back!" :eek:

Where is Bob?:(

Sorry to keep asking questions. But, does anyone know what the Bob's children think happened to their dad?

I mean he's been gone wayyy too long and he hasn't touched any of his bank accounts that I'm aware of. Do they think he had a secret stash of ca$h somewhere and that's what he's living on? Or do they think something bad happened?

They filed to be trustees of his trust. Correct? So are they saving all the trust funds for when Bob returns? .......... or are they attempting to have him declared dead?

Please excuse so many questions. I'm just trying to see where the kids stand on this issue. I know if it were my dad, I would be down at the PD headquarters at least once a week. When I wasn't doing that, I'd be looking for him. Don't know where, but perhaps they may know somewhere he had a secret love for. Some far away shang-rila he'd always dreamed of visiting?

I guess I hate seeing things end badly and want to believe Bob is off somewhere completing everything on his bucket list.

I know, pretty slim chance,
:(
fran

Sorry to keep asking questions. But, does anyone know what the Bob's children think happened to their dad?

I mean he's been gone wayyy too long and he hasn't touched any of his bank accounts that I'm aware of. Do they think he had a secret stash of ca$h somewhere and that's what he's living on? Or do they think something bad happened?

They filed to be trustees of his trust. Correct? So are they saving all the trust funds for when Bob returns? .......... or are they attempting to have him declared dead?

Please excuse so many questions. I'm just trying to see where the kids stand on this issue. I know if it were my dad, I would be down at the PD headquarters at least once a week. When I wasn't doing that, I'd be looking for him. Don't know where, but perhaps they may know somewhere he had a secret love for. Some far away shang-rila he'd always dreamed of visiting?

I guess I hate seeing things end badly and want to believe Bob is off somewhere completing everything on his bucket list.

fran

I think Bob would have had Fontelle by his side if he took off for Shangri-la.

fran

I know there are many threads for Bob, but if someone has the time, I would really suggest trying to read them from the beginning. Bob's daughters have said some very ugly things about their father and step mother. Incredibly ugly. Very shocking to read the children of a missing elderly man speak so horribly about him. They've insulted LE. They've pounded theories that were ruled out by LE weeks after Bob went missing for well more than a year after his disappearance.

I know it is hard to jump in and catch up on a case that has several threads. However, I highly recommend going back and reading to get a better idea of the entire picture. Even if it takes awhile, start at the beginning and read what one can as time permits.

Bob deserved SO much more. He's in my heart. This case is in my heart. I only wish I had the honor to meet Bob. He seems like such an amazing man. I know if he were my dad or my grandpa, I'd be pounding the pavement trying to find answers. And to heck with whether another family member is responsible. I'd still push forward for answers, no stone left unturned rather than spending so much time on muddying the water.

We're not going to quit until we find you Bob and ensure you receive the justice you so deserve. I hope you can feel how much we care, even though we are mere strangers.

I know there are many threads for Bob, but if someone has the time, I would really suggest trying to read them from the beginning. Bob's daughters have said some very ugly things about their father and step mother. Incredibly ugly. Very shocking to read the children of a missing elderly man speak so horribly about him. They've insulted LE. They've pounded theories that were ruled out by LE weeks after Bob went missing for well more than a year after his disappearance.

I know it is hard to jump in and catch up on a case that has several threads. However, I highly recommend going back and reading to get a better idea of the entire picture. Even if it takes awhile, start at the beginning and read what one can as time permits.

Bob deserved SO much more. He's in my heart. This case is in my heart. I only wish I had the honor to meet Bob. He seems like such an amazing man. I know if he were my dad or my grandpa, I'd be pounding the pavement trying to find answers. And to heck with whether another family member is responsible. I'd still push forward for answers, no stone left unturned rather than spending so much time on muddying the water.

We're not going to quit until we find you Bob and ensure you receive the justice you so deserve. I hope you can feel how much we care, even though we are mere strangers.

So true, you do have to read from the beginning to get the JIST of the disrespect, disdain and total UGLINESS of the daughters' attitude towards their father. It stopped me in my tracks. I have never seen anything like it. The saddest thing is when total strangers seem to care more about a missing person then their own children. Wow...still blows me away.

Hate to say, but it wouldn't be the first Valentine's day that they have missed, considering that Bob has been gone since 2009.

I doubt that Georgia Harrod could rest well with this disgrace left unresolved while the solution lays so close. It just takes one person with a conscience to clean this up. And what's it all worth otherwise?
Of course I realized that about 10 minutes after posting. :blush: Guess I was all caught up in the heartbreak and sentimentality of it all.

So sad. :(

I admire Fontelle soooooooo much for staying in Bob's home and standing up to his [despicable] daughters and SIL. Shame on them all. I'm not sure about his grandson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop