CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: To our many guests on the thread!! Thank you for your continued interest in Bob's very sad case. The pain and frustration of those who love him is what keeps most of us engaged here.

Originally posted by Angelo in thread 7:

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front
__________________________________________________ _______

~11:00AM-12:00? – Daughter PB says she called her father and heard her BIL say he was going to the hardware store, and her father “responded in a favorable way.” ( IS post and since removed )

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009. (She has removed this post)

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

JM told police that he worked at the home then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ppeared08.html

About 2:30 p.m. was the last time anyone says they saw Bob Harrod.
JM said he returned to the house after 3 p.m. to find the Harrods' longtime maid sitting on the front stoop, saying the door was locked.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

According to the police report, JuM and JeM told Fontelle Mr. Harrod was last seen at 11am.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #6

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7

Ok, so Jeff Michaels tells police he worked at the home until late morning, but later states he left at 2:40pm. His wife, Bob's youngest daughter, Julie Michaels posts on ROTW that her father had been missing for approximately 28 hours which put's the time at appx 10:00 am, but tells the media, noon or 1.

How many different times did SIL Jeff Michaels give LE? How many trips out did he make the day of Bob's disappearance? Where was the grandson the day Bob disappeared?

Someone, anyone, give me ONE good reason, Jeff, Julie, Roberta, Paula or Andrew haven't cleared this up. This should have been cleared up within DAYS of Bob's disappearance. 32 months later not one of them has addressed the obvious timeline issues, let alone divulged any information on those top secret handy man jobs.

Is it just me or does daughter JuM appear extremely unstable and volatile?
We've seen years of examples of this type of behavior. I don't doubt that behavior precedes Bob's disappearance.

Poor Bob.

Justice is coming! :candle: :jail:

No it is not just you. I have the exact same thoughts.

Ok, so Jeff Michaels tells police he worked at the home until late morning, but later states he left at 2:40pm. His wife, Bob's youngest daughter, Julie Michaels posts on ROTW that her father had been missing for approximately 28 hours which put's the time at appx 10:00 am, but tells the media, noon or 1.

How many different times did SIL Jeff Michaels give LE? How many trips out did he make the day of Bob's disappearance? Where was the grandson the day Bob disappeared?

Someone, anyone, give me ONE good reason, Jeff, Julie, Roberta, Paula or Andrew haven't cleared this up. This should have been cleared up within DAYS of Bob's disappearance. 32 months later not one of them has addressed the obvious timeline issues, let alone divulged any information on those top secret handy man jobs.

Perhaps the timeline changed to coincide with a Home Depot receipt and Home Depot surveillance cameras.

If the housekeeper had not shown up at Mr. Harrod's that afternoon would we have heard about the "odd jobs, small projects", etc that JeM was supposedly doing at Mr. Harrod's house the day he disappeared?

What would have happened if she wasnt there?? Amazing to think about.

If we have locals, would you take a run down to the SAR thread? Someone is asking a question about an area. Many thanks!

I think the ONLY reason we know about any handy man jobs is because the housekeeper showed up the day Bob disappeared.

Why keep this information on the timeline and the handy man jobs hidden, if they have nothing to hide?

What would have happened if she wasnt there?? Amazing to think about.

If we have locals, would you take a run down to the SAR thread? Someone is asking a question about an area. Many thanks!

BBM. Bumping so this post doesn't get lost at the bottom of the last page.

We could really use some help in Bob's SAR thread from locals!

SAR thread here.

Back to the handy man jobs. IMO if the housekeeper had not shown up that day, it would have been alleged those top secret handy man jobs were done on a day other than that which Mr. Harrod disappeared. If we would have learnt of them at all.

It's also interesting to note the date chosen for these handy man jobs, allegedly requested by Mr. Harrod, happened to occur after the date his neighbor friend PE, who kept an eye out on him, moved.

:twocents:

Back to the handy man jobs. IMO if the housekeeper had not shown up that day, it would have been alleged those top secret handy man jobs were done on a day other than that which Mr. Harrod disappeared. If we would have learnt of them at all.

It's also interesting to note the date chosen for these handy man jobs, allegedly requested by Mr. Harrod, happened to occur after the date his neighbor friend PE, who kept an eye out on him, moved.

:twocents:

Let's not forget that JeM was suppose to return to Mr. Harrod's the following day to finish his "handy man" jobs but he did not. His reason according to his SIL was that Mr. Harrod was not answering his phone.

This makes absolutely no sense. JeM knew Mr. Harrod was missing so how could he answer his phone? His wife, JuM, went dth to Mr. Harrod's house the next day supposedly to change the linens, yet JeM did not go back.

Hmmmm........

Yes, I haven't forgotten JuM's trip down the hill which her darling husband did not accompany her to finish up those 'odd jobs'.

My guess is in addition to changing the linens JuM did an inventory compiling that long memorabilia list. I wonder what else she may have been looking for when she went to 'change the linens' or what else she may have been cleaning up.

It would be interesting to know if they had the carpet cleaned and when. Did that occur before or after Bob's disappearance? I seem to recall several doors open in a video in which JuM was interviewed by MSM. I wonder if that was to air out any humidity from carpet steaming/cleaning.

Yes, I haven't forgotten JuM's trip down the hill which her darling husband did not accompany her to finish up those 'odd jobs'.

My guess is in addition to changing the linens JuM did an inventory compiling that long memorabilia list. I wonder what else she may have been looking for when she went to 'change the linens' or what else she may have been cleaning up.

It would be interesting to know if they had the carpet cleaned and when. Did that occur before or after Bob's disappearance. I seem to recall several doors open in a video in which JuM was interviewed by MSM. I wonder if that was to air out any humidity from carpet steaming/cleaning.

BBM

It is obvious that JuM compiled a "memorabilia" list because that list exists as part of the court filings. An amazingly specific list, considering that it was allegedly compiled by memory.

What I wonder is--how exactly was that list compiled? Did she walk through the house with a clipboard, writing it all out by hand? At that point, Fontelle was still in Missouri and was due the following day.

At first, Fontelle appears to have been welcomed back warmly. After a week (or was it only 5-6 days), the tone turned decidedly frostier. As if, perhaps, Fontelle's behaviour wasn't conforming with what had been predicted. It appeared as though the expectation would be that Fontelle would stay a few days or so, then go back to her family in Missouri to await further developments.

(I do have a point here.)

What I wonder is if a video was shot of the interior of Bob's house and at a later date, the memorabilia list was compiled from that.

A video record would have many obvious advantages for eager <cough> heirs and perhaps a few drawbacks that could be eliminated by never, ever showing it to anyone outside the family. Never even admitting it exists.

It's pretty common for landlords to make a video of the interior of a rental property before new tenants move in, so as to avoid any s/he said-s/he said disagreements as to the existing conditions.

But a walk-through video might also make obvious the extent of any unfinished repairs or substantial disturbance to the condition of the home since Fontelle left it.

I'd love to peruse the M's video collection...

BBM

It is obvious that JuM compiled a "memorabilia" list because that list exists as part of the court filings. An amazingly specific list, considering that it was allegedly compiled by memory.

What I wonder is--how exactly was that list compiled? Did she walk through the house with a clipboard, writing it all out by hand? At that point, Fontelle was still in Missouri and was due the following day.

At first, Fontelle appears to have been welcomed back warmly. After a week (or was it only 5-6 days), the tone turned decidedly frostier. As if, perhaps, Fontelle's behaviour wasn't conforming with what had been predicted. It appeared as though the expectation would be that Fontelle would stay a few days or so, then go back to her family in Missouri to await further developments.

(I do have a point here.)

What I wonder is if a video was shot of the interior of Bob's house and at a later date, the memorabilia list was compiled from that.

A video record would have many obvious advantages for eager <cough> heirs and perhaps a few drawbacks that could be eliminated by never, ever showing it to anyone outside the family. Never even admitting it exists.

It's pretty common for landlords to make a video of the interior of a rental property before new tenants move in, so as to avoid any s/he said-s/he said disagreements as to the existing conditions.

But a walk-through video might also make obvious the extent of any unfinished repairs or substantial disturbance to the condition of the home since Fontelle left it.

I'd love to peruse the M's video collection...

More great observations Grannie. As for the part I bolded, I suspect that as the story plays out some more in the media we will see that Fontelle was welcomed warmly while the cameras were rolling the day she returned. And then was given her walking papers shortly after the cameras disappeared.

Civil Case (against hairdresser)
30-2011-00443444-CU-CO-CJC
As of 4/6 – no future hearings are listed:

CLERK'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE BY MAIL (OUT OF PROCESS) GENERATED
CONSERVATORSHIP OF ESTATE ONLY
30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC
As of 3/26:

(P) ACCOUNTING SCHEDULED FOR 05/07/2012 AT 09:00:00 AM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.
TRUST PROCEEDINGS
30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC

As of 4/6:

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 175 - PETITIONS OR OBJECTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF 395.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 11119737 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10943629.

(P) TRUST PETITION SCHEDULED FOR 07/25/2012 AT 09:00:00 AM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.

SUBSEQUENT TRUST PETITION FILED BY BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 04/05/2012

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 175 - PETITIONS OR OBJECTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF 395.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 11119730 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10943622.
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

Civil Case (against hairdresser)
30-2011-00443444-CU-CO-CJC
As of 4/6 – no future hearings are listed:

CLERK'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE BY MAIL (OUT OF PROCESS) GENERATED
CONSERVATORSHIP OF ESTATE ONLY
30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC
As of 3/26:

(P) ACCOUNTING SCHEDULED FOR 05/07/2012 AT 09:00:00 AM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.
TRUST PROCEEDINGS
30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC

As of 4/6:

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 175 - PETITIONS OR OBJECTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF 395.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 11119737 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10943629.

(P) TRUST PETITION SCHEDULED FOR 07/25/2012 AT 09:00:00 AM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.

SUBSEQUENT TRUST PETITION FILED BY BORCHER, PAULA S.; BRADY, ROBERTA D. ON 04/05/2012

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 175 - PETITIONS OR OBJECTIONS IN THE AMOUNT OF 395.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER 11119730 AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10943622.
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

I am a hick and do not speak this language. Would there be someone who is willing to translate for me?

I am a hick and do not speak this language. Would there be someone who is willing to translate for me?

Sorry, not exactly sure!

Re the civil case against the hairdresser, there was a court trial on 3/28. Not sure of the outcome and I don't see any other hearings scheduled.

Re the Conservatorship of Estate, there was an Accounting hearing on 3/26, and the probate notes state the bank statements provided were not sufficient. I'm assuming the statements were provided by the "Co-Conservators" (as Roberta likes to refer to herself and Paula). That hearing was continued to 5/7.

Re the Trust Proceedings, there was a motion heard on 3/22, and a Subsequent Trust Petition filed by Roberta and Paula on 4/5. The next hearing "Trust Petition" is scheduled for 7/25, but I'm not sure what it means.

Daughter JuM made a couple of movies about her "rescued" dogs and posted them on You Tube (with comments below on her community site). The last known person to see Bob alive, JeM, can also be seen in the video.

Gee, If there was any real desire to find Bob or raise awareness that he's still missing, I would think some of her energy would go into making a movie about that and posting it on You Tube.
  • That was a quickie movie. I cannot wait to play more. But later, need to get ready for the Easter Bunny.
  • And I threw this one together with iMovie, it was a first try, but I think this will be fun.
Meet Cricket Coco Bean - YouTube

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?2819-Cricket-Coco-Bean

And yet, just a few days ago before she made movies for "fun," JuM posted:

[snipped]
Too many losses over the past few years has really put a damper on my life, I miss my mom and wonder where my dad went or who took him away from us. I cannot seem to move on with life, I do not want to go anywhere, I have shut myself off so much when I need friends the most. I cannot live life to the fullest until I get some answers about my dad's disappearance.

[snipped]
It is worse than anyone could ever imagine. There we a couple of suspicious people that came into his life right after my mom passed. I would never ever accuse them, it is in the hands of law enforcement. Hopefully one of these days we will have answers and have closure. Without closure I feel like a deer in the headlights. Holiday celebrations are the worse.

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/sho...Got-A-Weird-Question-But-I-m-Asking-Seriously!

If my dad was missing and I couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation why my husband and I gave varying times last seen, along with our keeping hubby's handy man jobs done at dad's house the day he disappeared top secret, all while my dads case was being investigated by homicide, I think I'd have a hard time moving on with my life too.

Yes, it is in law enforcements hands. I'm sure LE will solve this and those responsible will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There is no statute of limitations on murder and iirc, murder for financial gain is a capital offense in California.

Just sayin'

Sorry, not exactly sure!

Re the civil case against the hairdresser, there was a court trial on 3/28. Not sure of the outcome and I don't see any other hearings scheduled.

Re the Conservatorship of Estate, there was an Accounting hearing on 3/26, and the probate notes state the bank statements provided were not sufficient. I'm assuming the statements were provided by the "Co-Conservators" (as Roberta likes to refer to herself and Paula). That hearing was continued to 5/7.

Re the Trust Proceedings, there was a motion heard on 3/22, and a Subsequent Trust Petition filed by Roberta and Paula on 4/5. The next hearing "Trust Petition" is scheduled for 7/25, but I'm not sure what it means.

Thanks cloudajo!

So it sounds like it was administrative stuff without any significant decisions made? Or am I totally off track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14