CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think maybe she was really cluelss (about people reading rotw)? Or just covering up, pretending...

IMO? She takes great pride in it.

Unless my eyes and memory are deceiving me, she has deleted at least one post from this morning.

fwiw/jmo

Unless my eyes and memory are deceiving me, she has deleted at least one post from this morning.

fwiw/jmo

Oh I expect someone has a copy of it saved somewhere. Ah well.

It will probably be a few days at a minimum until this poor soul is autopsied and identified.

So, this is approximately a 1 hour drive from Bob's house. :praying: for Bob's beautiful wife.

The body is about 15 miles from JM and JuM's home in Running Springs.

Oh I expect someone has a copy of it saved somewhere. Ah well.

It will probably be a few days at a minimum until this poor soul is autopsied and identified.

I expect someone does as well.
Always find it interesting when people can't seem to stop chatting online when possible locations start popping up.

On the local news this morning it was reported that the badly decomposed body of what appears to be an elderly man was found in Highland. If you look at a map, you will see why one might think this could be a match. Ready, set, sleuth!
...Returning to lurkerdom...

I'm just now catching up on this thread. I just wanted to stop first and thank you ucralum for choosing Bob's case, and this info to come out of lurkerdom. Thank you, it means a lot to me you are following Bob's case, even if not posting much. :blowkiss:

Well well.

Wouldn't it be something if this was Bob, especially considering the timing following the civil case against the BL being thrown out?

I'm curious about the condition of the skull.

And if anyone has mapped the location the remains were found.

Still catching up on reading the thread.

If foul play was involved, I hope enough evidence exists to determine a COD.

Justice may be coming sooner than we expected!

Prayers as those who love Bob await answers and for whomever this man's family may be.

Wonder why she is so concerned about a dog sitter????? Going to be gone long?

I thought the same thing. I wonder why she is looking for a dog sitter before this UID has been identified?

I don't know how to 'embed' maps, but if you go to Google maps - Highland, CA, then click on the right, where the 330 leaves town, there is a Walmart next to the highway. Service road/wash/highway. This is the general area (from what I have read re: ROTW, articles linked, comments etc.)

HTH

I don't know how to 'embed' maps, but if you go to Google maps - Highland, CA, then click on the right, where the 330 leaves town, there is a Walmart next to the highway. Service road/wash/highway. This is the general area (from what I have read re: ROTW, articles linked, comments etc.)

HTH

I'm still playing catch up here. Are they saying the body was found near the Walmart? or are you giving me the Walmart as a landmark?

Link to Map below: Placentia to Highland Avenue / East Frontage Road to Running Springs. I think "East Front Road" in article below may be a typo - there is a East Frontage Road near Highland Ave. Zoom in on map to see it.

http://binged.it/IIpRUu

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Badly decomposed remains were found in a wash off Highway 330 in San Bernardino Tuesday night.

Authorities said the remains appear to be those of an elderly man.
A man walking in the area near Highland Avenue and East Front Road found the body and called police.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8616759

Can someone find the map on Google so we can do a street view? I can't find it for some reason....

tia

Thank you for the maps Cloud' and Fairy'. It appears the Walmart mentioned upthread is on the west side of the 330. From the maps it appears the remains were found on the east side of the 330, in what appears to be an area not within view of homes.

Hmm... It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. If LE will withhold making id public if foul play is evident and arrests are forthcoming. LE might not want to tip off any potential suspects, if foul play is involved and wait to make an id public until after making an arrest or arrests. We'll see, time will tell.

I can't find East Front Road, but this is a street view of Highland Avenue right at the 330. I'm thinking it's near here:

http://g.co/maps/456w7

From the above link, if you move toward the snow capped mountain but just before the intersection, on the right is what I think is East Frontage Road.

Upthread it was mentioned Front road might be a typo, as a Frontage Rd is located near Highland and the 330.

I was looking at the area north of Highland and east of the 330.

hth

More thinking outloud.....

First, I am having a hard time reconciling how these might be Bob. The location makes sense, but how would it be possible to still determine gender and mummified flesh still be on remains of someone missing from July of 2009?

I searched for more news. There are only 2 MSM articles that I found. Based on the state of remains, I'd guess weeks or months maybe versus years.

I'm going to ask CarlK to stop in this thread since none exists for these remains in the UID forum. ... and give us his thoughts on a possible time of death based on the little info in the MSM article.

ETA: Adding the link to the second MSM article I found, so both are linked on this page of the thread.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-be...no-mans-mummified-body-found-near-highway.ece

ETAA: Adding the link to the second MSM article posted above just so they are both in the same place.

More thinking outloud.....

First, I am having a hard time reconciling how these might be Bob. The location makes sense, but how would it be possible to still determine gender and mummified flesh still be on remains of someone missing from July of 2009?

I searched for more news. There are only 2 MSM articles that I found. Based on the state of remains, I'd guess weeks or months maybe versus years.

I'm going to ask CarlK to stop in this thread since none exists for these remains in the UID forum. ... and give us his thoughts on a possible time of death based on the little info in the MSM article.

ETA: Adding the link to the second MSM article I found, so both are linked on this page of the thread.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-be...no-mans-mummified-body-found-near-highway.ece

ETAA: Adding the link to the second MSM article posted above just so they are both in the same place.

I was thinking the same thing, Cubby. Guess we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14