GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So terribly sad. Like many here, I strongly believed that the suspect was someone extremely familiar with the house, the dogs, the alarm, etc.

I actually feel awful for their son, even though he was the one. JMO, but this young man probably snapped...

OMG.

I just meandered here, sure there would still be no news...

So, it seems that up until a week ago, the people investigating the case, didn't have a clue as to who did it. Had they already investigated this son? Or did they assume he was away at school at the time?

Will be interesting to hear the story of the investigation.

It's going to be a doozy.
I'm wondering if he'll claim he shot his brother by accident?

Ashton Colby Sachs, Alleged Killer of Parents, Paralyzed Brother and Tried to Shoot Sister: DA
By Matt Coker Fri., Mar. 7 2014 at 2:57 PM

"UPDATE NO. 1, MARCH 7, 1:19 P.M.: Orange County sheriff's homicide investigators worked the San Juan Capistrano double homicide case hard since the bodies were discovered, but it became clear quite early that Ashton Colby Sachs was the lone suspect in the fatal shootings of his parents, according to the lead investigator.

Sheriff Sandra Hutchens is so confident of that she introduced Agent Justin Montano at a just-concluded press conference by saying he would discuss "the successful conclusion" of the murder case. Montano would go on to qualify that this is an ongoing investigation and Sachs "is the only suspect right now.""

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/ashton_sachs_held_in_connectio.php

I think this is going to come back to money. Things seemed to be catching up with Sachs, finally, and maybe there were hidden funds or insurance policies.

From the viewpoint of a blood beneficiary, it might have seemed unfortunate there were also adopted additions to the family to share any inheritance with.

From Page Two of the OCWeekly article.

UPDATE NO. 2, MARCH 7, 2:57 P.M.: In a statement on the charges against Ashton Colby Sachs in the murders of his parents, the Orange County District Attorney's office alleges the 19-year-old also shot and paralyzed his younger brother and shot at but missed one of his teen-age sisters.

He came down to San Juan Capistrano from Seattle, where he was attending college, "with the intention of murdering his family," allege prosecutors.

Sachs was packing a firearm when he entered the home in the early morning hours of Feb. 9, walked into his sleeping parents' bedroom and shot and murdered them, the OCDA claims.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/ashton_sachs_held_in_connectio.php?page=2

I can't figure out why the sisters didn't squeal on him already. Even though he is the only one, someone else surely will be arrested for criminal intent.

Gosh it makes you wonder. If you shoot both your sleeping parents, you have to choose one to kill first. And the other is likely to wake and ask what the heck is going on. You'd have to shoot dead a parent, looking you in the eye.

I can't fathom these kind of crimes at all.

Did he actually file for guardianship of the sibling he's alleged to have shot? Scary, if so!

Maybe Ashton was extraordinary burdened and damaged by the 'accidental' drowning of his younger sibling who drowned in their swimming pool in 1999, while on his mother's watch but she was out cold due to alcohol consumption. And Ashton likely recently found out that his parents had established businesses in Ashton and his brother Myles' names. Businesses used as shell corporations for shady business transactions. I do not condone revenge killings but I do feel that this young man is yet another victim of his parents' shenanigans. Very very sad If he is the perpetrator and he aimed at his siblings.

How sad for all concerned. I can't provide a name but from what I was told today it appears as though the crime scene was extremely violent. I believe OCSD knew very early on it was an "inside job".

Kind of reminding me of the Menendez brothers.

Some families are more damaged than others. I think the parents really did a number on all five of their kids. Sad!

From very early on, this case made me think of the Chris Porco murder of his father and disfigurement of his mother. In that case he had driven many miles in the middle of the night with the specific intent of murdering them while they slept.

Many accounts available, this snippet from Wikipedia:

"A fireman's axe belonging to the Porcos, which was used in the attack, was found in the couple's bedroom. As Joan was rushed into emergency surgery, Bethlehem Police quickly focused their investigation on Christopher, the younger of the couple's two sons, then a student at the University of Rochester 230 miles away in Rochester. Less than two hours after authorities arrived at the scene of the attack, an all-points bulletin for Christopher was issued."

Christopher Porco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How sad for all concerned. I can't provide a name but from what I was told today it appears as though the crime scene was extremely violent. I believe OCSD knew very early on it was an "inside job".

Kind of reminding me of the Menendez brothers.

I thought of the DeFeo murders, especially if he murdered his sibs. Someone said in another blog he has that lights are on but nobody's home look in his eyes. I kind of agree.

I am hearing mixed messages regarding when they actually started looking at the family.

In the KTLA video here:

http://ktla.com/2014/03/07/teen-son...parents-in-san-juan-capistrano/#ixzz2vJf0VHdc

it seems that the investigative focus early on was on all the disgruntled clients, and business associations, potential enemies, etc.. We know they talked with BronxBrawler on February 19th.

They got the 'lead' on Monday March 3rd and made the arrest on Thursday March 6th.

From the video, it doesn't seem like they looked at the family during that time, at all! Maybe I'm trying too hard, I just want know the whole story now!

Somewhere else I read that it was the recovery of the gun that solved the case.

I dunno.

I am hearing mixed messages regarding when they actually started looking at the family.

In the KTLA video here:

http://ktla.com/2014/03/07/teen-son...parents-in-san-juan-capistrano/#ixzz2vJf0VHdc

it seems that the investigative focus early on was on all the disgruntled clients, and business associations, potential enemies, etc.. We know they talked with BronxBrawler on February 19th.

They got the 'lead' on Monday March 3rd and made the arrest on Thursday March 6th.

From the video, it doesn't seem like they looked at the family during that time, at all! Maybe I'm trying too hard, I just want know the whole story now!

Somewhere else I read that it was the recovery of the gun that solved the case.

I dunno.

I want to know too. LE not investigating the family at all in the beginning doesn't make sense to me because of the familiarity issues we discussed. I'd also like to know how they found the gun.

On

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/son-held-killing-parents-california-home-22824479

Someone commented about Ashton being in their shop after the murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing
Back