CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it strange that they only found her and one of the dogs?

They said the wreckage was at the shoreline and the other body could have been washed away or it may be beneath the vehicle.

I feel terrible for both families involved. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions and previously, was even concerned about how comfortably Olivia's sister was willing to throw Mr. Fernandez "under the bus, "per say. I can imagine, unfortunately so, what she and her mother are going through. I truly hope, finding Ms. Gonzales will bring some comfort, as well as laying her to peace according to their families religious beliefs. I hope, Mr. Fernandez's family also get the peace that comes with finally finding that long lost loved one. At this point, I can only pray it was accidental versus malicious. It'll make difference with the loved one's healing, to an extent.

Is it strange that they only found her and one of the dogs?

Its coming out that the car was found on the tide line, the ocean could have grabbed the other two bodies.

However it's been raining like crazy here all day, which is why they haven't pulled the car up yet.

Day 2 (Wednesday) of recovery/search - male subject not located however 2nd deceased dog found. Vid: https://twitter.com/SLOStringer

[video=youtube;ZCBUoZXvbT4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCBUoZXvbT4[/video]

Is this an area where people could pull over and look at the view? I'm trying to figure out if that's why those stumps are there. Did they cut the trees to make a lookout spot or for some other reason? Either way, I think they need a guardrail there or something.

Is this an area where people could pull over and look at the view? I'm trying to figure out if that's why those stumps are there. Did they cut the trees to make a lookout spot or for some other reason? Either way, I think they need a guardrail there or something.

If they pulled into a 'scenic view ' spot and went over the cliff, it makes me wonder if it was a purposeful thing....?

If they pulled into a 'scenic view ' spot and went over the cliff, it makes me wonder if it was a purposeful thing....?

Well, I haven't been able to get a good view of the road from a distance, but it looks like it might be a curve and it was raining. If there was a rockslide of some sort, they could have swerved to miss it...or slammed on the brakes and slid.

Would there be skid marks if they hydroplaned? I never thought about that, but it seems like you'd just glide off on the water.

Just rewatched the video skib posted above and it does look like skid marks at about 1:20

I still feel like this was just a terrible accident. However, it does bother me that he hasn't been found yet. I sure hope I wasn't wrong in hoping for his innocence. It seems like a stretch for someone to drive their own car off a cliff and kill their two dogs, just to get rid their lives of a specific someone. I mean there is the obvious, acceptable ways... like a break up. Even for the twisted minded, it seems like a lot of work and loss of other pertinent things in your life, to accomplish a task that could be done other ways.

I feel like they'll find him. The weather and terrain has just prevented them from doing so as of yet.

I still feel like this was just a terrible accident. However, it does bother me that he hasn't been found yet. I sure hope I wasn't wrong in hoping for his innocence. It seems like a stretch for someone to drive their own car off a cliff and kill their two dogs, just to get rid their lives of a specific someone. I mean there is the obvious, acceptable ways... like a break up. Even for the twisted minded, it seems like a lot of work and loss of other pertinent things in your life, to accomplish a task that could be done other ways.

I feel like they'll find him. The weather and terrain has just prevented them from doing so as of yet.

I'm with you in hoping they find him. His family deserves closure and her family needs reassurance this was an accident. It's troubling to me that they have brought up half of the car and still not located his body: http://www.ksby.com/story/34193908/...ed-point-crash-scene-involving-missing-couple

I keep thinking about the confusion regarding whether he accessed SM. If there was an accident, and he survived, he might have been trying to find help and been unsuccessful. The other possibility is too disturbing to consider.

I'm with you in hoping they find him. His family deserves closure and her family needs reassurance this was an accident. It's troubling to me that they have brought up half of the car and still not located his body: http://www.ksby.com/story/34193908/...ed-point-crash-scene-involving-missing-couple

I keep thinking about the confusion regarding whether he accessed SM. If there was an accident, and he survived, he might have been trying to find help and been unsuccessful. The other possibility is too disturbing to consider.

Even if his body is not found (because it washed out to sea) there should be evidence in the car that he was driving when it crashed. At this point, I cannot imagine a scenario where he would not be in the wreck. That is the most logical explanation, unless we hear from police that there is no evidence of his being in the car when it crashed.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but if anyone replied, I missed it:
------------
Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
Thanks. Just covering all bases out of the gate.

If it weren't for reports that he had accessed his social media, I'd be 100% in the camp of car accident, which is what my gut says. As it stands, I have doubt.

I wonder if his mom was accessing his SM in effort to find him.
I wondered that, too (whether someone else accessed his SM account).
My reply: Question for tech savvy folks: I generally don't log out of my SM on my phone so Facebook, for example, will show I'm 'currently' online all the time. Hypothetically, if my phone lost service due to my being of out range (lack of signal), then later came back online when I did get a good signal, would that seem that I logged back into my SM account? I guess I'm intrigued by the he logged in part. Did he actually post anything then stop responding?

(FWIW, I'm listed as active here in WS even when my iPad is in sleep mode since I keep the browser open.)

I also find it interesting that the sister and Olivia lived together but in four months of on again, off again dating, the sister never met him.

Finally, if I knew I was ending a relationship, I wouldn't go on an overnight trip with my soon to be ex - let alone a ten minute car ride. Not necessarily out of fear for my safety but rather just out of the awkwardness. JMHO (end of my original post)

She could have been driving. Some people take turns on trips. If her body was thrown from the car, his probably was too. If they don't find him in the wreckage, I think that just means he went out in the tide. If that's what happened, then hopefully he will turn up down the shore a ways and his family can finally have some closure. :(

I was discussing this with my former LE husband (former LE, not former husband - celebrating 27 years tomorrow). He didn't get very far in the thread when he said "accident." When I asked why, he said sadly there are murder-suicides, and there are murder-suicides in which children are also killed. However, he's never seen a murder-suicide in which pets were deliberately killed. He hasn't worked many such cases, fortunately, but of the few he has encountered, the pets were left tended to: a kennel, with a relative or hiring a pet caretaker. All anecdotal, of course, and only his opinion.

I was discussing this with my former LE husband (former LE, not former husband - celebrating 27 years tomorrow). He didn't get very far in the thread when he said "accident." When I asked why, he said sadly there are murder-suicides, and there are murder-suicides in which children are also killed. However, he's never seen a murder-suicide in which pets were deliberately killed. He hasn't worked many such cases, fortunately, but of the few he has encountered, the pets were left tended to: a kennel, with a relative or hiring a pet caretaker. All anecdotal, of course, and only his opinion.

Happy early Anniversary! I was just about to say that I don't think he could possibly deliberately kill his two dogs. Those (especially) without children, seem to treat their pets as children. Taking them on the trip shows he/they really care(d) about them

Happy early Anniversary! I was just about to say that I don't think he could possibly deliberately kill his two dogs. Those (especially) without children, seem to treat their pets as children. Taking them on the trip shows he/they really care(d) about them

I think that's what my husband was getting at. And thank you for the anniversary wishes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back