GUILTY CA - Brock, 42, & Davina Husted, 42, pregnant, murdered, Faria Beach, 3 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities Serve Search Warrants In Husted Murder Investigation

Ventura, CA-- A number of search warrants have been issued in connection to last week's murder of a Ventura County husband and his pregnant wife.

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/46132077.html

Search warrants in parents' murder

FARIA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Several search warrants have been issued in connection to the murder of a couple in Ventura County.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?s...ounty&id=6833854&rss=rss-kabc-article-6833854

They must have a suspect and some "probable cause". Hopefully an arrest soon...

I grew up in Ventura and my parents still live there, so for me this is REALLY creepy. But it sounds like it's somehow related to his business, someone angry as opposed to a random robbery or a hit man that would probably use a gun with a silencer. And SO unbelievably sad for those kids. :(

They have been very quiet with this case, but now LE says the couple was targeted.

"Investigators believe that Brock and Davina Husted’s killer targeted the couple before stabbing them inside their Faria Beach home on the evening of May 20." They said there was a lot of information they could not share with the public.
It sounds like they are building a case... let's hope so.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/28/detectives-believe-killer-targeted-faria-beach/

They have been very quiet with this case, but now LE says the couple was targeted.

"Investigators believe that Brock and Davina Husted’s killer targeted the couple before stabbing them inside their Faria Beach home on the evening of May 20." They said there was a lot of information they could not share with the public.
It sounds like they are building a case... let's hope so.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/28/detectives-believe-killer-targeted-faria-beach/

I just knew it wasn't random. It made no sense in that context, at all. The motorcycle helmet, the ease with which the killer seemed to slip in and out of the house, the silence of the killer's retreat - it all pointed towards deliberate planning.

The thing we don't know is why they were targeted. There's still a world of possibilities there.

I'll add this - whoever did this, they planned it for a while. And they're pretty smart, but may not be a habitual criminal. I have a feeling the killer may have thought they were committing a perfect crime.

So who would benefit the most from their death?

I haven't followed this case as closely as some because I have been over on the Tori Stafford thread, and the Nevaeh Buchannan case, but I am THRILLED to see Steve posting here! Steve, you ALWAYS have some of the best insight with cases like this!!! :blowkiss:

The homes on the beach are nearly on top of one another. If this was a hit, perhaps the noise the neighbor heard was the murderer in the wrong house. It would be easy to go to the wrong house if you weren't exactly sure where you were going. At some point he realized that he was in the wrong house and moved on. I wonder if there are any motorcycle helmets misisng form the neighborhood?

The homes on the beach are nearly on top of one another. If this was a hit, perhaps the noise the neighbor heard was the murderer in the wrong house. It would be easy to go to the wrong house if you weren't exactly sure where you were going. At some point he realized that he was in the wrong house and moved on. I wonder if there are any motorcycle helmets misisng form the neighborhood?

That's an interesting theory, he was originally in the wrong house and moved on to his intended target.

{Spooky} that we now have to worry about being murdered for our business dealings.

This reminds me of a case several years ago, sorry, can't recall the names, but they were involved in the racing industry. It took place in a very upscale encalve in the foothills close to Pasadena and Monrovia. Bradbury?

Anyway, it was a business partner who'd been sued and lost. He hired a hit. They murdered the husband and wife in their own driveway. The perps escaped on bicycles. It took years to solve. The sister of the husband, I believe, was the mayor or something of San Juan Capistrano, close to where I just moved from.

Anyway, he was recently convicted of the crime. He was mentioned early on in the case, as the person responsible. It just took years and years to finally find enough evidence. If it wasn't for the husband/victim's sister, it would never have been solved.

Like another poster said, *Who would benefit?*

Sounds like LE knows.

Interesting,
fran

That's an interesting theory, he was originally in the wrong house and moved on to his intended target.

{Spooky} that we now have to worry about being murdered for our business dealings.

This reminds me of a case several years ago, sorry, can't recall the names, but they were involved in the racing industry. It took place in a very upscale encalve in the foothills close to Pasadena and Monrovia. Bradbury?

Anyway, it was a business partner who'd been sued and lost. He hired a hit. They murdered the husband and wife in their own driveway. The perps escaped on bicycles. It took years to solve. The sister of the husband, I believe, was the mayor or something of San Juan Capistrano, close to where I just moved from.

Anyway, he was recently convicted of the crime. He was mentioned early on in the case, as the person responsible. It just took years and years to finally find enough evidence. If it wasn't for the husband/victim's sister, it would never have been solved.

Like another poster said, *Who would benefit?*

Sounds like LE knows.

Interesting,
fran

Sounds like the Micky Thompson case that you're thinking of.

Sounds like the Micky Thompson case that you're thinking of.

I think so too. M. Thompson and his wifes murder was really awful. The hit men had been ordered to make sure Mickey watched his wife die. His wife fought like crazy. The crazy thing is a bunch of neighbors heard the Mickey's wife screaming bloody murder and watched the entire murder take place. A couple neighbors chased the guys who fled on their bikes after the fact but it was too late.

I saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries. Apparently it took years to nail down the former business partner, but they were finally able to bring him to trial and get a conviction. Sad story.

The funeral was held for the couple today and the church was filled. This lovely article talks about Brock and Davina and their lives........

Davina, known as “Vina,” grew up in Somis on her family’s farm, said Amy Towner, a close friend who read her eulogy. Towner described her as a child, saying she was eager to adopt stray cats and dogs, and was a constant companion of her brother, Vincent....

The youngest of seven children, Brock Husted was “bigger than life,” said his brother, Scott Husted.

“Anyone who knew Brock knew he got 70 years in 42 years,” Husted said. The 9-year-old son of Brock and Davina stood with his uncle during the eulogy.

To illustrate Brock’s boisterous personality, the crowd was shown a large photograph of Brock posing with his shirt half off, eliciting laughter........

At the end the minister says...
“We ask for your prayers for the men and the women working this case,” he said.

Without going into detail, Husted said Brock and Davina made the “ultimate sacrifice” so that their children might live.

“Brock and Davina’s last wishes were that their children ... were not harmed,” Husted explained after the service. He declined to elaborate."

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/30/no-headline---nxxfcfuneral31/

Thanks for posting this, Colette!

That last sentence has me scratching my head.

Did they beg the killer to spare the kids?

They sound like a great family, so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back