CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Bryce just get back to school after spending the summer at his parents house? If so someone can find the schedule and know how long he was there. If it was for a couple of months, he could have very well found another love interest during that time.
He could very well have had a pay as you go phone that he used for correspondence with them. This person could have loaded minutes from their end, on their computer.
This person could have been at work that day and after work could have driven up to a specific place not far from the crash site to pick him up. It didn't have to be a stranger that he got a ride from. This could have been the stalling for so long in Buttonwillow. This person could be very familiar with Castiac.
I think it is possible that he had more than a hang nail that he was keeping secret from his family.
Kids do many things that their parents are not aware of, his parents were not even aware of him leaving school and it seems quite obvious that is what he was doing, leaving when he did.
I also don't think his original destination was home to his parents.
If this is the case I truly hope he does not let this go on for much longer, it is tearing his family up.

Hm interesting idea, and one I hadn't thought of before. I'd love to know he's alive and living with someone who cares about him. When I think of traveling between NorCal and SoCal I think of semi-central meeting spots as Bakersfield, Fresno, and Buttonwillow (further South, but still seems like a reasonable meeting place). I realize that might just be me... but it does make sense as a meeting spot.

This could be a new twist. Maybe he is fine and with her and afraid to come forward because it has gotten too deep. But then why not make an anonymous call to let everyone know he's OK. I was thinking he might have met this person online so none of his or her friends were aware of her except Sean his roommate who got the message thanking him for saving his soul. Hmmm I just thought of the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts where she faked her death.

Just trying to stay positive with possible scenarios :)

Just as an aside...it's illegal to be on a phone and driving in CA., except for hands free or in an emergency. And I believe it's also illegal to be texting and driving. The fines for the ticket are HUGE. Depending on the type of person Bryce is, he may have been following that law, and/or been on hands-free.

I'm more and more discouraged as time passes. Bryce, where are you?

Prayers for everyone...

Best-
Herding Cats

Just as an aside...it's illegal to be on a phone and driving in CA., except for hands free or in an emergency. And I believe it's also illegal to be texting and driving. The fines for the ticket are HUGE. Depending on the type of person Bryce is, he may have been following that law, and/or been on hands-free.

I'm more and more discouraged as time passes. Bryce, where are you?

Prayers for everyone...

Best-
Herding Cats

I'm in Calif. and I can't tell you how many times I drive down the street and on the freeway and see people talking in their phone and texting.

Thank you! As you can see, this does not state that Bryce was "into marijuana". Please be careful (this applies to all, not just this poster) as what you state as FACT (i.e. "Bryce was into marijuana) as this can quickly derail a thread. If it is a possibility or your opinion, state it as such.

There was another post by dragracerz where he stated something to the effect of "Bryce, like most teens, has tried marijuana..." I will see if I can find it.

Thanks for the reminder! :)

I do think that he broke up with her. In the KFI interview below (at about 9 and a half minutes into the interview) his mom states, "He called me and he said, Mom, I'm fine. I'm leaving. I broke up with Kim". I can see where it also may not have been taken as sincere if everyone thought he was acting out of character enough to take away his car keys and tell him he can't drive. If he was my boyfriend I would have been blowing up his phone with calls and text messages after he left my house. If she did call him it sounds like he was ignoring her calls, too (since she hadn't spoken to him since he had left.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

I hadn't seen this interview, so thank you. It's a little weird that the mom has since said that they didn't beak up (and I think dragracerz posted that too).

I do think that he broke up with her. In the KFI interview below (at about 9 and a half minutes into the interview) his mom states, "He called me and he said, Mom, I'm fine. I'm leaving. I broke up with Kim". I can see where it also may not have been taken as sincere if everyone thought he was acting out of character enough to take away his car keys and tell him he can't drive. If he was my boyfriend I would have been blowing up his phone with calls and text messages after he left my house. If she did call him it sounds like he was ignoring her calls, too (since she hadn't spoken to him since he had left.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

First time I've heard this interview. As noted above, she says that Bryce told her he broke up with Kim, but then she states "I truly don't believe he broke up with her." Didn't he just tell her he did? Also, I have questioned why he would tell her (as it was reported) that his GPS said he had another 3 hours and 25 mins to get to Laguna when he was in Castaic when it isn't that far. That information was not published correctly. In this interview, she states that Bryce told her, during their 2:08 a.m. phone conversation, that his GPS said he would arrive in Laguna at 3:25 a.m. But that he was tired and going to pull over to sleep.

It seems the girlfriend denies any break up, from what I can tell and Mom does not believe it, but that does not mean it did not happen or that he did not have the intent, IMO.

First time I've heard this interview. As noted above, she says that Bryce told her he broke up with Kim, but then she states "I truly don't believe he broke up with her." Didn't he just tell her he did? Also, I have questioned why he would tell her (as it was reported) that his GPS said he had another 3 hours and 25 mins to get to Laguna when he was in Castaic when it isn't that far. That information was not published correctly. In this interview, she states that Bryce told her, during their 2:08 a.m. phone conversation, that his GPS said he would arrive in Laguna at 3:25 a.m. But that he was tired and going to pull over to sleep.

It's possible 3:25 a.m. on GPS somehow turned into 3 hours and 25 mins to get to Laguna.

JMO

It's possible 3:25 a.m. on GPS somehow turned into 3 hours and 25 mins to get to Laguna.

JMO

Seems like it. Just goes to show how information can get twisted in the media. I live in Naperville and on one Chicago broadcast they said Bryce was driving from Chicago to Laguna Niguel.....instead of Chico to Laguna.

I'm in Calif. and I can't tell you how many times I drive down the street and on the freeway and see people talking in their phone and texting.

Agreed... yes it's illegal but it happens constantly. I probably look like some kind of crazy driver dodging all the people texting behind me. After you've looked down for 10 seconds, glanced up, then locked up your brakes, I'm changing lanes or stopping until you're gone. It's kind of scary how many people who do that say "well I'm against texting while driving except in XYZ situation, but I pay close attention to the road the whole time." No, you (generic you) don't.

Hm... I wonder, was Bryce in the habit of texting while driving? Was he maybe sending or reading a text when he lost control of his car? I'm still trying to figure out if he was alone in the car or someone was with him, and this answer might help with that question.

BBM

Exactly what went through my head when I first heard the interview.

I also noticed the discrepancy with the GPS in the news reporting; the 3:25am would have been accurate from Castaic to Laguna Niguel.

Maybe it became one of those "I think we need some space" kind of things which meant something entirely different to each of them.

Agreed... yes it's illegal but it happens constantly. I probably look like some kind of crazy driver dodging all the people texting behind me. After you've looked down for 10 seconds, glanced up, then locked up your brakes, I'm changing lanes or stopping until you're gone. It's kind of scary how many people who do that say "well I'm against texting while driving except in XYZ situation, but I pay close attention to the road the whole time." No, you (generic you) don't.

Hm... I wonder, was Bryce in the habit of texting while driving? Was he maybe sending or reading a text when he lost control of his car? I'm still trying to figure out if he was alone in the car or someone was with him, and this answer might help with that question.

The thought of him texting and losing control of his car crossed my mind early on before I saw the photos and heard the description of how his car was maneuvered carefully around a fence and a cell tower prior to it going off the 15 foot embankment onto the road below. From what I understand of where his car was, I don't think it would have been at all possible to be driving, lose control of the car, and end up on the other side of the fence and tower where his car went off the embankment.

This is the post by dragracerz that I was remembering where he states Bryce has tried marijuana. I don't really know how to link it so this link will take you to the whole page, and if you scroll down it should be on there. Sorry.

CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1 - Page 31 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm just amazed that Bryce's uncle was even aware at all that Bryce had experimented with marijuana. Most 19 yr olds try to keep that fact hidden from all adults in their life. :) So although it's surprising Bryce let on to this at all, it would not be surprising if he downplayed just how much. Some will admit to mom and dad they "tried it once" because they probably figure mom and dad wouldn't believe otherwise. But...few truthfully admit how frequently they might partake or what other drugs they may have tried. For example, my brother will readily admit he has smoked weed before and he doesn't mind my parents knowing. He figures they will be on his case enough about ever trying it that they won't sleuth around and find out he not only tried it, he smokes it almost every day and has also done other drugs. :( Sad but true. And I'm guessing he isn't alone in this world on this "keep the parents in the dark" theory.

I know Bryce's parents says they are close and I believe them. If they say their son checked in with them often, then he did. But that still doesn't mean he did not withhold things about his life from them. There are 9 kids in my family (yeah, 9!!! Whew!). 4 of us have already went through our teens, 3 are still in their teens. We all love our parents and spend lots of time with them. But the info we have withheld from them over the years could fill an encyclopedia!! Sometimes it was just because we were trying to save our own skins. But other times, it was out of a misguided sense of loyalty for another person involved. And sometimes it was honestly because we felt we had to protect our parents from knowing the truth about the kids they loved or about a harsh world we felt they didn't really comprehend. Either reason could be at work here with Bryce and his friends. It breaks my heart to think Bryce could have been in some kind of trouble and didn't want to tell his parents for fear of hurting them or disappointing them. Or to protect one of his friends. But its very possible. His friends could also be hiding stuff about him, out of a twisted sense of loyalty. I sure hope not. But I have seen it happen before between teens. Teens take friendship loyalty pretty seriously usually. Boys more than girls, I think.

I know this is probably terrible, but when my husband and I travel to visit my in-laws, we never tell his mom exactly where we are at. We usually tell her that we are further away than we are, so we can take our time, stop if we need to and just drive without her calling every five minutes wondering where we are. :scared:

I know this is probably terrible, but when my husband and I travel to visit my in-laws, we never tell his mom exactly where we are at. We usually tell her that we are further away than we are, so we can take our time, stop if we need to and just drive without her calling every five minutes wondering where we are. :scared:

The cats out of the bag now! :giggle:

That radio interview clears up SOOOO much for me!!! Great info!!!

***Bryce did NOT say his GPS showed it was going to take him 3hr 25 min to get to Laguna Niguel from Castaic. He said at 1:50 phone call that the GPS showed he should ARRIVE at home at 3:25am. (ETA: Guess I'm late to this revelation. LOL!)

***Also: the parent's address was the only address recently in his phone GPS program.

Much, much more - listen to it! Most critical details is in last 10-12 minutes or so.

That radio interview clears up SOOOO much for me!!! Great info!!!

***Bryce did NOT say his GPS showed it was going to take him 3hr 25 min to get to Laguna Niguel from Castaic. He said at 1:50 phone call that the GPS showed he should ARRIVE at home at 3:25am.

***Also: the parent's address was the only address recently in his phone GPS program.

Much, much more - listen to it! Most critical details is in last 10-12 minutes or so.

Off to borrow my daughter's earbuds. Thank you. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member