CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify the break-up KS told me herself on 8/31 that BL broke up with her and she took his keys. Not sure why or what the issue is or why it needs clarifying.

Well, thanks for the clarification.

I have been under the impression that Bryce did not break up with his girl friend due to early information from the mother that Bryce did not break up with her as he had told his mother. There is no issue except to have correct information to work with. Thanks again!

Just to clarify the break-up KS told me herself on 8/31 that BL broke up with her and she took his keys. Not sure why or what the issue is or why it needs clarifying.

Thank you. And the reason for the clarification is that Bryce's mom stated in an interview that Bryce said he was going to break up with KS, but that somehow he didn't. She gave conflicting info about the breakup in the same interview.

And I'll reiterate the question from Jillybean - If you can say, is it your feeling that breaking up with KS was completely out of the blue? Just trying to get a feel of how much Bryce was seeming to act out of his normal character just before his accident.

It's strange from my understanding that he would break up with her because he loves her so much as she loves him. I do know he is very very close to his parents and there is no way I believe or most people that know him believe for one second he would do this to his mom and dad. Like be hiding from them. His parents were huge part of his life. I know that from conversations SD and his Instagram postings. Puzzle me. Regarding BL He's a good kid I'm worried. I can't fathom that he is purposely doing this or even imagine he could do this to his parents. Therefore I continue to worry where on earth he could be. Thinking good thought for his family. Hoping that he is found safe and his loving parents can know he's safe I can't even imagine what they're going through. :( sad beyond words

Caron, thanks for clarifying. Just curious, not that it's really our business, but did she have any idea that this was coming or was this completely out of left field? I think we're all just trying to figure out his last interactions before he left town. I completely understand if this needs to be kept private ;).

It's strange from my understanding that he would break up with her because he loves her so much as she loves him. I do know he is very very close to his parents and there is no way I believe or most people that know him believe for one second he would do this to his mom and dad. Like be hiding from them. His parents were huge part of his life. I know that from conversations SD and his Instagram postings. Puzzle me. Regarding BL He's a good kid I'm worried. I can't fathom that he is purposely doing this or even imagine he could do this to his parents. Therefore I continue to worry where on earth he could be. Thinking good thought for his family. Hoping that he is found safe and his loving parents can know he's safe I can't even imagine what they're going through. :( sad beyond words

Thanks, Caron for the information. Yes, it is a puzzle … the out of character behavior … we are looking for an explanation, trying to piece the puzzle together to help find Bryce.

I echo the others to say "thank you" for clearing that up. It may be surprising but many of us on here were told several different times (once via radio interview with Mrs. Laspisa, and once on here by dragracerz), that this break up never took place.

It's really none of our business probably, but because we were curious as to his mental/emotional state that night, some of us kept bringing it back up, trying to get to the bottom of the mixed stories. And because in the original news reports, the break up kept being listed as the first significant happening in the timeline, then later, either denied or not mentioned at all. The discrepancies just caught some of our eyes. It seemed it was out of character for Bryce and might have been indicative of something going on in his life. I hope that will explain why we kept wanting this to be clarified. Thanks again for the info.

I echo the others to say "thank you" for clearing that up. It may be surprising but many of us on here were told several different times (once via radio interview with Mrs. Laspisa, and once on here by dragracerz), that this break up never took place.

It's really none of our business probably, but because we were curious as to his mental/emotional state that night, some of us kept bringing it back up, trying to get to the bottom of the mixed stories. And because in the original news reports, the break up kept being listed as the first significant happening in the timeline, then later, either denied or not mentioned at all. The discrepancies just caught some of our eyes. It seemed it was out of character for Bryce and might have been indicative of something going on in his life. I hope that will explain why we kept wanting this to be clarified. Thanks again for the info.

I'd like to echo the thank you to Caron! I still wonder if it was a sort of non-breakup-breakup (ala "Friends" TV show, "we were on a break!"). Separate colleges could IMO lead to that even between people who love each other.

I agree it might be none of our business, but just jumping off, now I'm confused re: the keys. I thought "friends" (which I took to mean local friends in Roseville/Rocklin area) took them away, but it was actually his girlfriend? So was it the girlfriend that his Mom talked to and told to give him back the keys? Or were his other friends also with him at her place? I mean hopefully she was a friend as well as romantic girlfriend, but that really confuses me. It may not even matter, but like you PoirotsGirlFriday I'm trying to understand his emotional state that night.

Total speculation and I hope this is ok, but I can see him reacting very differently if, for example, he went to break up with her and she went "oh thank goodness" as opposed to "please let's just give each other some space" as opposed to "no, no, no, don't break up with me, I love you!" I can also see the key thing really differently in that case. "You're acting weird, give me your keys" from a group of friends is really different from "no don't leave, give me your keys" from a girlfriend you're breaking up with.

It's been so long now I'm not sure if these answers even help with finding him. They might though. It might help with figuring out, was he likely to take off running, hide, end up in a mental hospital, or potentially commit suicide (boy did that hurt to type)...? Was he in a decent state of mind to take basic care of himself after the accident - i.e. finding food, water, safe or semi-safe place to stay? If so does that mean he's surviving but lost and dazed somewhere? Is he likely to return to an old friend's house and beg them to conceal his identity for now? If not, well... I really don't want to go there yet.

I'd like to echo the thank you to Caron! I still wonder if it was a sort of non-breakup-breakup (ala "Friends" TV show, "we were on a break!"). Separate colleges could IMO lead to that even between people who love each other.

I agree it might be none of our business, but just jumping off, now I'm confused re: the keys. I thought "friends" (which I took to mean local friends in Roseville/Rocklin area) took them away, but it was actually his girlfriend? So was it the girlfriend that his Mom talked to and told to give him back the keys? Or were his other friends also with him at her place? I mean hopefully she was a friend as well as romantic girlfriend, but that really confuses me. It may not even matter, but like you PoirotsGirlFriday I'm trying to understand his emotional state that night.

Total speculation and I hope this is ok, but I can see him reacting very differently if, for example, he went to break up with her and she went "oh thank goodness" as opposed to "please let's just give each other some space" as opposed to "no, no, no, don't break up with me, I love you!" I can also see the key thing really differently in that case. "You're acting weird, give me your keys" from a group of friends is really different from "no don't leave, give me your keys" from a girlfriend you're breaking up with.

It's been so long now I'm not sure if these answers even help with finding him. They might though. It might help with figuring out, was he likely to take off running, hide, end up in a mental hospital, or potentially commit suicide (boy did that hurt to type)...? Was he in a decent state of mind to take basic care of himself after the accident - i.e. finding food, water, safe or semi-safe place to stay? If so does that mean he's surviving but lost and dazed somewhere? Is he likely to return to an old friend's house and beg them to conceal his identity for now? If not, well... I really don't want to go there yet.

I agree completely with everything you said here. I'd like some clarification on the part about who took the keys, if possible.

So ... was BL more upset/distraught/devastated about the break-up than we have been led to believe? TIA

So ... was BL more upset/distraught/devastated about the break-up than we have been led to believe? TIA

Does Caron show up as an insider? On my phone so I can't see it. I just want to verify that this is accurate information from an insider as the timelines we see are put together from his mom, KS and SD and reflect different information.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Does Caron show up as an insider? On my phone so I can't see it. I just want to verify that this is accurate information from an insider as the timelines we see are put together from his mom, KS and SD and reflect different information.

BBM

At this point - Registered User.

Caron has been confirmed by dragracerz in various posts but not via mods here if that means anything. I don't recall anyone telling caron about becoming verified etc. I appreciate the posts enormously.

An updated flier has been posted to the FB page. <3

I still have hope.

RSBM

I think it makes sense that it was KS that took the keys & who mom talked to. Mom said in one interview that who she spoke to that she told to give the keys back was a friend she knew personally & trusted. She knew KS in this way. Not sure the same could be said of any others. KS spent time at mom's home. Doubt any other friends from college did.

ETA: It also makes sense given this info, that if the keys were being held in a "please don't leave, let's talk" way, that there wasn't any reason to suspect he was not ok to drive. I honestly never had that sense myself, but I know others have questioned it a lot.

Thank you Caron. It's really good / reassuring to hear from someone outside the family that they know from personal conversations with Bryce that he was very close to his parents. This makes his disappearance all that much more troubling though. :(

I think it makes sense that it was KS that took the keys & who mom talked to. Mom said in one interview that who she spoke to that she told to give the keys back was a friend she knew personally & trusted. She knew KS in this way. Not sure the same could be said of any others. KS spent time at mom's home. Doubt any other friends from college did.

Thank you Caron. It's really good / reassuring to hear from someone outside the family that they know from personal conversations with Bryce that he was very close to his parents. This makes his disappearance all that much more troubling though. :(

BBM

Exactly. :(

IIRC, didn't KS say there wasn't a breakup when she was 1st interviewed? Going to try and find the link to the video...

A question for anyone familiar with the lake - where Bryce's car was wrecked, is it possible that he was trying to drive down to the water when it happened? Or are there plenty of other places that you could easily drive right up to the water?

Never mind - after looking at some pictures I see there are tons of places there to get close to the water with a car.

Not that this holds any weight, but just thought I'd share... I had a dream last night where I saw Bryce at a truck stop in either Idaho or Utah. I was saying "Idaho" but picturing "Utah". I wasn't in the dream, it was just me looking down in an overhead view of what was going on. Which is weird for me. I normally dream in "1st person" where I'm in it & whatever is happening.

Praying he is safe somewhere & can get in touch with someone soon. :please:

Not that this holds any weight, but just thought I'd share... I had a dream last night where I saw Bryce at a truck stop in either Idaho or Utah. I was saying "Idaho" but picturing "Utah". I wasn't in the dream, it was just me looking down in an overhead view of what was going on. Which is weird for me. I normally dream in "1st person" where I'm in it & whatever is happening.

Praying he is safe somewhere & can get in touch with someone soon. :please:

bbm It can give us hope! Thanks for sharing.:seeya:

ETA: I hope flyers are being put up at truck stops&#8230;that may be the key, finding the trucker who picked up Bryce if that is what happened.

IIRC, didn't KS say there wasn't a breakup when she was 1st interviewed? Going to try and find the link to the video...

This may be, but in the very beginning, mom said Bryce broke up with KS & in an interview 2 days ago, dad said the same.

This may be, but in the very beginning, mom said Bryce broke up with KS & in an interview 2 days ago, dad said the same.

Yes, she did say that in the beginning. But then in the radio interview (which there were links for several pages back on this thread) she said that didn't happen. So befuddling!!! I had not heard about/read this interview with dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman