CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. No, I can usually see the missing FB pages that are particularly set up to cover a missing person cause. For instance, I can see the FB page for Nick Steward; but not his personal FB.

I just signed out of FB (I'm in Chrome) and went to

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Was able to view... FB is having some site issues; think they're about to roll out more changes.

OT-ish, but I have worked at several hotels, with breakfas. It included for guests, and it was very unlikely that anyone without a room key would be able to get in to eat. And if they had let someone in, they would remember. We always had a person whose job it was to just do that, make sure everyone was actually staying there.

Oh my goodness you were watching my sleepy self while I ate waffles?? ;) I've never "snuck" a breakfast but I've wondered if others have while I was there. It seems like a decent target place to grab food from. I've thought about this in more than one missing person case.

ETA: I've never had a room key checked. I assumed they were going off of seeing me from the night before, but I don't think it'd be that hard to just fake it. Honestly I hope this for Bryce's sake because it'd mean he's likely safe.

Oh my goodness you were watching my sleepy self while I ate waffles?? ;) I've never "snuck" a breakfast but I've wondered if others have while I was there. It seems like a decent target place to grab food from. I've thought about this in more than one missing person case.

ETA: I've never had a room key checked. I assumed they were going off of seeing me from the night before, but I don't think it'd be that hard to just fake it. Honestly I hope this for Bryce's sake because it'd mean he's likely safe.

I've stayed many places, and have checked in late at night and only saw the night clerk at the desk. Usually for the breakfast, it's a different set of employees. I've never had a key check and have often wondered how they can know that many people are all guests of the hotel. When my Dad was in the hospital, I was going to the hotel late and leaving early, grabbing something to eat before I left. I never saw the same guest twice in the week I was there. IMOE.

As far as the hotel buffet goes...it might depend on how a person looked, i.e if he was clean or at least looked like he might be a guest...but if someone had been living "rough" for a few weeks, they might have a hard time slipping in to get a free meal, IMO.

Well I think it's great that ONE set of dogs traced the scent to both places. I wonder why it kept getting reported that one set followed the scent to the lake and the other followed the scent out of the park. Now we hear that the same dogs followed the scent to both places. That takes away a lot of confusion for me and it explains why LE abandoned the lake after a few searches.

I guess I am in your camp on this one. I think the one scent trail led out on the dam and the other went out of the park.

"IF" the dog information is factual, I still think he walked out onto the dam then turned around (for what ever reason) and backtracked eventually walking back up to the main road. A backtrack can confuse a dog as it is only a scent trail, and there are no directional arrows on the scent trail to indicate what direction the individual was going or if they backtracked. Air scent dogs can help with that confusion if the subject is still in the area.

Just now catching up on this thread.

In light of the new criminal charges info, I think that does change things a bit. It explains why LE searched for drugs when they found him at hotel at 9pm. It also gives a different perspective in how Bryce would be thinking/feeling shortly afterwards. Especially if LE told Bryce that mom had his phone pinged, and if Bryce was getting a little paranoid due to his lack of sleep. This may also explain why he would have been at a hotel, maybe he met a stranger at rest stop or gas station and decided to score MJ so that it could help him sleep?

Which brings me to a few hours later and the reason he may have driven behind the cell tower. Was he hiding? Maybe from LE because he did I fact score some drugs? If he did get MJ at hotel, it would certainly explain his need to pull over and sleep off effects just an hour later. He'd want to sober up before going home to face mom/dad.

One more idea, he didn't notify parents that he was coming home, is it possible that he met someone this past summer and that person is his supplier for the ADD medicine? Maybe he had just a few pills, decided that after he took those he wanted more and was heading to LN just to pick up some more?

I'm not trying to accuse, just trying to think like a 19 yr old who is experimenting with drugs. I really really hope that he comes home soon.

All of the above is JMO, MOO

The revelation of Bryce's "record" actually gives me a little sense of relief...

It would seem he knows how to connect with people... And may possibly be doing that now... Instead of being a young innocent without survival skills while on his own...

I hope this post is taken the correct way... I am not being judgmental...

JMO

The revelation of Bryce's "record" actually gives me a little sense of relief...

It would seem he knows how to connect with people... And may possibly be doing that now... Instead of being a young innocent without survival skills while on his own...

I hope this post is taken the correct way... I am not being judgmental...

JMO

Not taken the wrong way by me, and I agree, it makes me feel a little more confident that he can handle himself out there until he decides he's had enough of being on the loose and is ready to face his family and whatever consequences all of this has brought.

Thanks to being able to read Caron's restored posts, I do think he broke up with his girlfriend because he didn't plan to be around for a length of time and didn't want her hurting and wondering.

I do wonder if he's somehow able to keep a check on the search progress to keep avoiding detection, it doesn't seem like any sightings have actually been him, with all the eyes out there, he's just more successful at not being spotted than I would have thought possible.

Not taken the wrong way by me, and I agree, it makes me feel a little more confident that he can handle himself out there until he decides he's had enough of being on the loose and is ready to face his family and whatever consequences all of this has brought.

Thanks to being able to read Caron's restored posts, I do think he broke up with his girlfriend because he didn't plan to be around for a length of time and didn't want her hurting and wondering.

I do wonder if he's somehow able to keep a check on the search progress to keep avoiding detection, it doesn't seem like any sightings have actually been him, with all the eyes out there, he's just more successful at not being spotted than I would have thought possible.
Your post brought up some ideas for me...

Bryce seems to have a great deal of experience with computers (gaming/FB/etc.) ...

Sooo... I imagine he would be attempting to access computers in some ways... And could be following his own case carefully...

I wonder if libraries have been checked out in the various areas that there have been supposed sightings of Bryce... Could he have used library computers to follow his case?

:dunno:

Bryce seems to have a great deal of experience with computers (gaming/FB/etc.) ...

Sooo... I imagine he would be attempting to access computers in some ways... And could be following his own case carefully...

I wonder if libraries have been checked out in the various areas that there have been supposed sightings of Bryce... Could he have used library computers to follow his case?

Maybe he met someone online. This could be a reason to break up with a current girlfriend and go on a road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's a good thought about libraries, do you have to have a library card to be able to use a computer in one? Are there anything like internet cafes in CA?

I just thought of another idea.... However, it was probably mentioned upthread(s) somewhere...

In Ivy M's case... There was a flooding on her FB... And other computer sites... By loved ones, friends, WSers ... Proclaiming how much she is missed... And to please come home...

it was a successful "mission"....

She eventually came home...(after some pretty dramatic moments... :wink:)

Just another thought....

That's a good thought about libraries, do you have to have a library card to be able to use a computer in one? Are there anything like internet cafes in CA?

I am not certain how using computers at libraries is handled...

I have only used them for looking up titles/authors/etc. on the catalog...

maybe a Sleuther can give us information on computer use in libraries?

TIA...:seeya:

Maybe he met someone online. This could be a reason to break up with a current girlfriend and go on a road trip.

This is a plausible theory...

If true... Then I would hope that "person" would encourage Bryce to notify LE/family/anyone...

JMO

I am not certain how using computers at libraries is handled...

I have only used them for looking up titles/authors/etc. on the catalog...

maybe a Sleuther can give us information on computer use in libraries?

TIA...:seeya:

In our city, you need a library card to use the computer. In order to get a library card, you have to prove you are a resident (i.e. utility bill, mortgage or rent receipt, etc.)

Internet cafe's, you purchase time (so he'd need money).

HOWEVER, at Schlotsky's down the street and a couple of pubs in our area, internet access is free (and they have pcs set up for customer use) . It's pretty secure but I don't think sites like WS would be blocked... FB, LE is monitoring his page and if they are monitoring it closely, they can see if he signs in.

Edit: Then again, if he has another laptop / netbook et al (that he grabbed from his duffle bag?), all he'd have to do is find a hot spot, open wi-fi connection or he could have a USB wifi stick?

In our city, you need a library card to use the computer. In order to get a library card, you have to prove you are a resident (i.e. utility bill, mortgage or rent receipt, etc.)

Internet cafe's, you purchase time (so he'd need money).

HOWEVER, at Schlotsky's down the street and a couple of pubs in our area, internet access is free. It's pretty secure but I don't think sites like WS would be blocked... FB, LE is monitoring his page and if they are monitoring it closely, they can see if he signs in.

Thanks SandSage, I was thinking more along the lines of him not signing in anywhere but just reading the pages like the rest of us are, to keep an eye on what's going on.

When Bryce was arrested in Placer County (Ill.) in July 2012, he was actually living in Dupage County which is about 2.5 hours away...I wonder what he was doing. Thoughts? <modsnip>

ETA - I meant Putnam County, not Placer..sorry

It makes sense, but I would think that there would be record of the relationship and their plans to meet on his computer.

Thanks SandSage, I was thinking more along the lines of him not signing in anywhere but just reading the pages like the rest of us are, to keep an eye on what's going on.

Yep. I've thought about that too... and it would be easy. Very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston