CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec -- I'm sure LE has already thought of this, but they really need to check his xBox too. My fiancé is a gamer, and he surfs the web and messages friends using xBox live.

Wait a sec -- I'm sure LE has already thought of this, but they really need to check his xBox too. My fiancé is a gamer, and he surfs the web and messages friends using xBox live.

I could find my husband in a flash (these days) if I looked at Ingress. :facepalm:

I'm just curious what kind of person would pick up a possibly wet, injured, confused "kid", and not report it? As well as sighting someone of the sort? I think it would be pretty hard to forget seeing someone like this. Unless, he was meeting someone he knew by the road of course. It just doesn't make sense...

I've wondered this all along. Has LE accessed Bryce's 'Purple K Fire' xBox message/chats??? That's what he & Sean were doing right before everything got weird with Bryce. I still really think that the conversations Bryce had that night are critical. Whether with Sean or players online.

I've wondered this all along. Has LE accessed Bryce's 'Purple K Fire' xBox message/chats??? That's what he & Sean were doing right before everything got weird with Bryce. I still really think that the conversations Bryce had that night are critical. Whether with Sean or players online.

They need to check KS's xbox too. ;) Assuming she has one, of course.

In our city, you need a library card to use the computer. In order to get a library card, you have to prove you are a resident (i.e. utility bill, mortgage or rent receipt, etc.)

Internet cafe's, you purchase time (so he'd need money).

HOWEVER, at Schlotsky's down the street and a couple of pubs in our area, internet access is free (and they have pcs set up for customer use) . It's pretty secure but I don't think sites like WS would be blocked... FB, LE is monitoring his page and if they are monitoring it closely, they can see if he signs in.

Edit: Then again, if he has another laptop / netbook et al (that he grabbed from his duffle bag?), all he'd have to do is find a hot spot, open wi-fi connection or he could have a USB wifi stick?
You don't need a library card to use a computer for wi-fi internet access at a San Diego Public library (City if San Diego); however, cities like Carlsbad and Oceanside have libraries which are part of another system altogether, even though they are in the county. The City of Oceanside Library's website doesn't say either way.

OT: San Diego's beautiful, brand new Central Library opened September 28, 2013! See this PDF (because I can't post a picture this morning):
http://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/pdf/2013/centralcelebrationflyer.pdf

I'm just curious what kind of person would pick up a possibly wet, injured, confused "kid", and not report it? As well as sighting someone of the sort? I think it would be pretty hard to forget seeing someone like this. Unless, he was meeting someone he knew by the road of course. It just doesn't make sense...

I think, if he got picked up, it was by someone he knew and it was pre-arranged (before his truck was crashed.)

In most libraries I have been in, in order to use the computer, you have to enter your library number however I know that there are some in California that do not require it. While it is very simple to get a library card I think that most would require a drivers license of ID (neither of which Bryce had, if everything was left in his wallet as reported.)

If he is hiding out, he could have died his hair a totally different color and go unnoticed. Everyone is just looking for a bright red head. Also, it might be a good idea to post a picture of him with a hat on.

If he is hiding out, he could have died his hair a totally different color and go unnoticed. Everyone is just looking for a bright red head. Also, it might be a good idea to post a picture of him with a hat on.

He could also just be wearing a baseball cap to hide his hair color.

You don't need a library card to use a computer for wi-fi internet access at a San Diego Public library (City if San Diego); however, cities like Carlsbad and Oceanside have libraries which are part of another system altogether, even though they are in the county. The City of Oceanside Library's website doesn't say either way.

OT: San Diego's beautiful, brand new Central Library opened September 28, 2013! See this PDF (because I can't post a picture this morning):
http://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/pdf/2013/centralcelebrationflyer.pdf
Sorry to quote myself.
Castaic Lake Library is part of the County of Los Angeles Library system. From their website:
http://www.colapublib.org/aboutus/internet.html

General Computer Access
Public computers and Internet access are available to customers in good standing (customers without excessive fines/ fees or overdue materials). To use a computer or access the wireless service, customers need a library card and PIN. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten it, you can request a PIN online or call a County Library. Customers who are ineligible for a library card can request a card for computer use only. Computer time is limited to 2 hours per day. Printing is free up to the first 10 pages (per day); each additional page is 15¢. Computers are unavailable 15 minutes before the library closes

Not real sure, because I don't know all the laws, maybe gitana1 can answer this. As far as digging into his lap top and xbox, if he is the registered owners of these things, I'm not sure if LE will dig through these, if they don't suspect foul play. Bryce is an adult, LE would need a subpoena to do this, they would have to show just cause for getting a subpoena, I think.

Thanks for that! So, there it is.

Yeah, that's what it would be for. They are making him pay towards various branches of LE. It's pretty standard stuff although I find the total he was to pay very high for the crime.

Would the high fine indicate a more violent crime such as some kind of severe vandalism? Not saying he did anything like that, just trying to figure out why the fine is so high.

The revelation of Bryce's "record" actually gives me a little sense of relief...

It would seem he knows how to connect with people... And may possibly be doing that now... Instead of being a young innocent without survival skills while on his own...

I hope this post is taken the correct way... I am not being judgmental...

JMO

I hear ya'. But I truly don't think being a pot smoker equates to any kind of street smarts. I have years of watching pot smokers to back this up. It is ridiculously easy these days to get pot. No need whatsoever to enter a shadowy underworld of drug runners or whatever.

Just now catching up on this thread.

In light of the new criminal charges info, I think that does change things a bit. It explains why LE searched for drugs when they found him at hotel at 9pm. It also gives a different perspective in how Bryce would be thinking/feeling shortly afterwards. Especially if LE told Bryce that mom had his phone pinged, and if Bryce was getting a little paranoid due to his lack of sleep. This may also explain why he would have been at a hotel, maybe he met a stranger at rest stop or gas station and decided to score MJ so that it could help him sleep?

Which brings me to a few hours later and the reason he may have driven behind the cell tower. Was he hiding? Maybe from LE because he did I fact score some drugs? If he did get MJ at hotel, it would certainly explain his need to pull over and sleep off effects just an hour later. He'd want to sober up before going home to face mom/dad.

One more idea, he didn't notify parents that he was coming home, is it possible that he met someone this past summer and that person is his supplier for the ADD medicine? Maybe he had just a few pills, decided that after he took those he wanted more and was heading to LN just to pick up some more?

I'm not trying to accuse, just trying to think like a 19 yr old who is experimenting with drugs. I really really hope that he comes home soon.

All of the above is JMO, MOO

One thing, though: LE would either have to have probable cause to search the vehicle - I.e. Bryce appeared to be under the influence- or they were given permission. In the permission scenario, something had to tip them off that Bryce may be using. Cops aren't able to pull up the nationwide criminal records of drivers they pull over. So if they knew about Illinois, they had to be told. And if the parents told LE about old drug charges, inviting a search and the possible re-arrest of their son, they had to be pretty worried. IMO.

I just thought of another idea.... However, it was probably mentioned upthread(s) somewhere...

In Ivy M's case... There was a flooding on her FB... And other computer sites... By loved ones, friends, WSers ... Proclaiming how much she is missed... And to please come home...

it was a successful "mission"....

She eventually came home...(after some pretty dramatic moments... :wink:)

Just another thought....

What case is that?

The willfully hiding out scenario is not my favorite when it comes to this case. But that is a very smart thought. I hope LE knows to look.

A lonely trucker who can't speak up because the company/insurance policy doesn't allow him to pick up hitchers. But I see no evidence that Bryce was walking around wet.

Could have been a standard sting operation as these are often intertwined with violent crimes agency because of the high value players usually involved in the selling.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not real sure, because I don't know all the laws, maybe gitana1 can answer this. As far as digging into his lap top and xbox, if he is the registered owners of these things, I'm not sure if LE will dig through these, if they don't suspect foul play. Bryce is an adult, LE would need a subpoena to do this, they would have to show just cause for getting a subpoena, I think.

I think they can get a search warrant pretty easily in the case of a missing adult whose car is found crashed by a lake.

Would the high fine indicate a more violent crime such as some kind of severe vandalism? Not saying he did anything like that, just trying to figure out why the fine is so high.

I don't think so. Anything more serious would have resulted in the state pursuing more serious charges. I discussed this with my law partner last night. He explained that a plea deal cannot include payment of higher fines in lieu of dropping certain charges because that would mean rich people would not receive the same justice as the poor (which I realize happens anyway).

He explained, however, that restitution is different and can be part of a package deal that includes dropping some charges and would explain the high fine amount. But I saw no restitution on the breakdown of his payment.

My law partner explains that in California, penalties and assessments can be tacked on to a fine increasing it by 270%. However, he stated it is highly unusual for a judge to fine a person the maximum, which is what I thought. I don't know what the Illinois legislature allows for as far as using penalties and assessment to increase fines way beyond the highest limit. Maybe someone from IL can simply call a criminal attorney there and ask what this indicates.

I'm not sure but perhaps IL is just super serious about pot charges.

Can someone check his IL arrest record? If he was initially charged with
More, that would show it.

Looking at the timeline, something much more significant must have happened, than what has been revealed, about the Tuesday 8/27 "he was acting weird" story.

Tu 8/27/13 Girlfriend, KS, noted that he was acting weird. BL admitted to KS he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by KS to KL.
DRZ: confirmed the medication was "Vyvanse".
Because the very next day, Wed 8/28, BL took the following action:

• Told his mother he was going to break-up with KS
  • Must have announced to his mother he was going to drive to SoCal for holiday weekend instead of spending it w/KS
  • Told his mother he had "a lot to talk to [her] about”
  • Texted his roommate "Love you bro. Seriously. You are the best person i have ever met. You saved my soul.”
  • Drove to Chico an broke up with KS, and friends concerned about his behavior took away his car keys
  • Left Chico and may or may not have returned to his apartment
  • Wed or Thur: Started driving toward SoCal and ran out of gas in Buttonwillow.
So, back to Tu 8/27 - "he was acting weird" story ...

What actually happened?

What was BL doing while "acting weird"?

Was he humiliated, belittled, made fun of, ???

Was he showing signs of mental illness?

???

Ok, sorry for not getting back on here sooner. Ive scrolled through the last few pages and want to clarify a few things.

I don't know who posted the drug charges but it was simple possession of marijuana, I have already stated that Bryce experimented with and was not trying to hide anything.
In ILLINOIS, any charge relating to drugs carrys a large fine, and yes, the additional fines are to fund task forces etc. This WAS NOT a big deal.

Bryce broke up with Kim on the phone PRIOR to going to Chico, she said that when he was there, he didn't formally break up with her and the relationship was fine. She also refers to him in all her current statements as "her other half", "her boyfriend" etc. Not something an EX would say, so unless she has 2 different stories, I have to believe what I am told. Caron, I am not calling you a liar, there might be 2 different stories

Lets get back on track trying to figure out where he is, and or what happened. I understand that when 1 thing pops up, new speculations emerge. I, as the uncle, have not mislead, hid, or withheld information. I, like most of you on this board, am doing the same thing, trying to find Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne