CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caron, don't be offended, but please get your facts straight before posting. Bryce broke up with Kim on the phone PRIOR to going to Chico, she said that when he was there, he didn't formally break up with her and the relationship was fine. She also refers to him in all her current statements as "her other half", "her boyfriend" etc. Not something an EX would say, so unless she has 2 different stories, I have to believe what I am told.

RSBM With all due respect to you, dragracerz, the inconsistencies on whether a breakup happened are numerous. Mom said in one of the very first news articles that Bryce broke up with Kim, but it doesn't make sense to her. To me, that is the truth. And since it didn't make sense & in the same article mom said Kim told her he wasn't acting right, had taken the ADHD pill, etc, the family has taken the stance that she is still the GF in their book. But to deny the breakup happened, makes the family look like they are hiding something.

After that initial article, Karen said in a radio interview that Bryce broke up with her & a week or so later, Mike said in video news footage that Bryce broke up with her.

Caron and her daughter are there & from what I recall of Caron's previous posts, they have been very close to Bryce since he started there a year ago. I think people who were there near Bryce are going to have a pretty good pulse on what was going on. Maybe contact Caron privately if something she says differs with what you have been told to clear it up.

ETA:
I think that BL broke up with his and then the disappearance happened, unrelated. No offense to her or the family, but if I was her, I'd be in denial about that as well. And if it's taking away from the story and making different theories pop up, saying it didn't happen is easier. BUT, with that said, it is time to tell the truth since anything that is inaccurate makes all of the truths look like lies. I'm sorry to say that. Im tending to believe the initial comments that he went to her house and broke up with her. AND THAT'S OK!!

Exactly! Well said. No one will think less of KS because he broke up with her in an apparent abnormal state of mind.

I think that BL broke up with his and then the disappearance happened, unrelated. No offense to her or the family, but if I was her, I'd be in denial about that as well. And if it's taking away from the story and making different theories pop up, saying it didn't happen is easier. BUT, with that said, it is time to tell the truth since anything that is inaccurate makes all of the truths look like lies. I'm sorry to say that. Im tending to believe the initial comments that he went to her house and broke up with her. AND THAT'S OK!!

Agreed. And Caron said that Kim told her herself that he broke up with her.

ETA: And Caron has no reason to lie.

I guess I am in your camp on this one. I think the one scent trail led out on the dam and the other went out of the park.

"IF" the dog information is factual, I still think he walked out onto the dam then turned around (for what ever reason) and backtracked eventually walking back up to the main road. A backtrack can confuse a dog as it is only a scent trail, and there are no directional arrows on the scent trail to indicate what direction the individual was going or if they backtracked. Air scent dogs can help with that confusion if the subject is still in the area.

I believe you are correct about him walking to the dam and backtracking to the road where his scent disappeared. I think that is why the search ended in Castaic.

I just thought of another idea.... However, it was probably mentioned upthread(s) somewhere...

In Ivy M's case... There was a flooding on her FB... And other computer sites... By loved ones, friends, WSers ... Proclaiming how much she is missed... And to please come home...

it was a successful "mission"....

She eventually came home...(after some pretty dramatic moments... :wink:)

Just another thought....

I believe there has been some of that in this case...parents, both Uncles, roommate and his girlfriend have all either verbally sent him pleas to return via interviews or on their Facebook pages.

I think they can get a search warrant pretty easily in the case of a missing adult whose car is found crashed by a lake.

I don't think so. Anything more serious would have resulted in the state pursuing more serious charges. I discussed this with my law partner last night. He explained that a plea deal cannot include payment of higher fines in lieu of dropping certain charges because that would mean rich people would not receive the same justice as the poor (which I realize happens anyway).

He explained, however, that restitution is different and can be part of a package deal that includes dropping some charges and would explain the high fine amount. But I saw no restitution on the breakdown of his payment.

My law partner explains that in California, penalties and assessments can be tacked on to a fine increasing it by 270%. However, he stated it is highly unusual for a judge to fine a person the maximum, which is what I thought. I don't know what the Illinois legislature allows for as far as using penalties and assessment to increase fines way beyond the highest limit. Maybe someone from IL can simply call a criminal attorney there and ask what this indicates.

I'm not sure but perhaps IL is just super serious about pot charges.

Can someone check his IL arrest record? If he was initially charged with
More, that would show it.

So I guess the question would be, what got dropped? It just seems outrageously high fine to me, unfair even, just cause the family has some money. JMO

That is intriguing. I had assumed that Putnam County was where Naperville is located but that is actually the MUCH more urban DuPage County. Putnam County is extremely rural and is located on Interstate 80, so one would assume that he was on some kind of road trip and got pulled over by either the Highway Patrol or local LE, and they found the MJ.

This information would also make it more reasonable that BL spent so much time at the rest area in Buttonwillow in an attempt to score drugs. This would sound nutty to the law abiding but I recall inviting a client and his spouse to a corporate event in Maui, and on the first night there he scored some weed just by sitting on the beach and talking to young men who walked by. Eventually someone knew someone who knew someone and the deal was struck.

I think he was going to a concert with some friends in Putnam county. It is 1hour 20 minutes from Naperville NOT 2 1/2 hours
I drive 1-2 hours away all the time, and I am doing nothing illegal

Bryce didn't know anyone in Buttonwillow and find it very hard to believe he would be there looking for drugs

So I guess the question would be, what got dropped? It just seems outrageously high fine to me, unfair even, just cause the family has some money. JMO

Kev,
nothing got dropped, if you jaywalk in IL, be ready for a $500 fine

Thank you for posting this.
I am aware that when something new comes up, it creates new speculation, which I understand.
I do agree it is somewhat intrusive BUT if there was more to the story, and I was not related, I too would be thinking a lot like some other users. I was shocked when I saw some posts, but again, I know differently.
The information would actually be helpful and necessary if Bryce was some type of drug addict, dealer, etc. BUT he is not.
I am only trying to clear thing up as best as I can as a family member

What he said .....:goodpost::star2:

I stated what I was told as did Caron. I am not pointing the finger or calling anyone a liar. Just stating what I was told. I believe that Caron was told something different.

Does it really matter if he broke up with her or not ??

I think he was going to a concert with some friends in Putnam county. It is 1hour 20 minutes from Naperville NOT 2 1/2 hours
I drive 1-2 hours away all the time, and I am doing nothing illegal

Bryce didn't know anyone in Buttonwillow and find it very hard to believe he would be there looking for drugs

The "drug" angle is not way up on my list of stressors in this event. When you have a moment, look at the last thread and the beginning of this one and see if you have any opinion one way or the other on my theory about the boat ramp. As a SAR person having worked on criminal cases developing evidence, I tend to take view from 10,000' up and look at the big picture.

If you agree, how do you think Bryce would have reacted to the rollover? And what would be so important to get to the boat ramp area? Knowing the stressors might help point in a particular direction and establish a state of mind. It's OK if you disagree. Just looking for clarity. Thanks again!

Okay, then if the drug charge did not have a major effect on his life...then he really has no reason to be "hiding" as far as I can see. So are we back to either maybe-amnesia, or else that he possibly did not make it out of the lake area? Or are there other reasons he might be "on the run"?

@ dragracerz ... not sure if you are missing my post ???

RE: Tu 8/27 - "he was acting weird" story ...

Tu 8/27/13 Girlfriend, KS, noted that he was acting weird. BL admitted to KS he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by KS to KL.
DRZ: confirmed the medication was "Vyvanse".
Where did this happen?

What actually happened?

What was BL doing while "acting weird"?

Was he humiliated, belittled, made fun of, ???

Was he showing signs of mental illness?

???

I may be speaking out of turn, as I haven't read the breakdown...but here in Texas a fine can be increased with the addition of fees and court costs, also.

I may be speaking out of turn, as I haven't read the breakdown...but here in Texas a fine can be increased with the addition of fees and court costs, also.

Same here in PA, but I think this whole drug fine issue is derailing energy better spent on other potential scenarios. Just my opinion...

I stated what I was told as did Caron. I am not pointing the finger or calling anyone a liar. Just stating what I was told. I believe that Caron was told something different.

Does it really matter if he broke up with her or not ??

<modsnip>

It doesn't matter if he broke up w/ her per say, but the conflicting stories do. Also, if he broke up w/ her out of nowhere before he disappeared, then there might be more to the story...

Same here in PA, but I think this whole drug fine issue is derailing energy better spent on other potential scenarios. Just my opinion...

I agree, but honestly, I don't know what we can even discuss at this point.

It doesn't seem that the sightings are panning out. The lake is no longer being searched (which honestly I think he's most likely there). We don't have info about the phone, computer or xbox to discuss. We can't (for good reasons) speculate about the drug charges....I'm out of potential scenarios to pursue.

:banghead:

The "drug" angle is not way up on my list of stressors in this event. When you have a moment, look at the last thread and the beginning of this one and see if you have any opinion one way or the other on my theory about the boat ramp. As a SAR person having worked on criminal cases developing evidence, I tend to take view from 10,000' up and look at the big picture.

If you agree, how do you think Bryce would have reacted to the rollover? And what would be so important to get to the boat ramp area? Knowing the stressors might help point in a particular direction and establish a state of mind. It's OK if you disagree. Just looking for clarity. Thanks again!

I think your first thought would be to get yourself out of the car, then go to the water to wash off any blood, splash your face etc, then get out of there. He would have been suffering with shock - that would explain leaving phone and wallet behind.
Also would correlate with findings of the tracker dogs? :twocents:

@ dragracerz ... not sure if you are missing my post ???

RE: Tu 8/27 - "he was acting weird" story ...

Where did this happen? Chico g/f house
What actually happened? acting weird
What was BL doing while "acting weird"? like on drugs, not normal

Was he humiliated, belittled, made fun of, ??? don't think so

Was he showing signs of mental illness? no
???

sorry for being vague, but there was really no indepth explanation conveyed to me regarding these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw