Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

It doesn't matter if he broke up w/ her per say, but the conflicting stories do. Also, if he broke up w/ her out of nowhere before he disappeared, then there might be more to the story...

JMO - his Mum knows what he said on the telephone to her. If I had to choose which version is accurate, logically I'd have to go with that one.
It's called first person evidence. What KS told Caron or her daughter is hearsay for our purpose. :twocents:

Kev,
nothing got dropped, if you jaywalk in IL, be ready for a $500 fine

Note to myself, do not travel to or through IL. I live in WA and this state is broke too as are many these days but I am not seeing that fines are that high. Simple parking tickets are only 39 bucks.

The possession charge does not bother me, just the amt that had to be paid, something is wrong with our government.

Originally Posted by Quester
@ dragracerz ... not sure if you are missing my post ???

RE: Tu 8/27 - "he was acting weird" story ...

Where did this happen? Chico g/f house
What actually happened? acting weird
What was BL doing while "acting weird"? like on drugs, not normal

Was he humiliated, belittled, made fun of, ??? don't think so

Was he showing signs of mental illness? no
???
sorry for being vague, but there was really no indepth explanation conveyed to me regarding these

Is there anything of significance you can tell us about this "acting weird" event because whatever happen seemed to have triggered Bryce to do so many drastic things the very next day???

Wed 8/28, BL took the following action:

• Told his mother he was going to break-up with KS
  • Must have announced to his mother he was going to drive to SoCal for holiday weekend instead of spending it w/KS
  • Told his mother he had "a lot to talk to [her] about”
  • Texted his roommate "Love you bro. Seriously. You are the best person i have ever met. You saved my soul.”
  • Drove to Chico an broke up with KS, and friends concerned about his behavior took away his car keys
  • Left Chico and may or may not have returned to his apartment
  • Wed or Thur: Started driving toward SoCal and ran out of gas in Buttonwillow.

Also post 755, which IMO tells me Bryce's strange behavior started before he took the trip- to the point of not responding to text messages on the 29th and 30th. Here's Caron's post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #3

Have I reverted to being a blonde, or wasn't Bryce already on his way in the car on the 29th and car found crashed early a.m on the 30th.
Anyway, the alleged text messages he didn't respond to were from Caron's daughter. Hello ??? Ever ignored a phone call or text - I know I have.
From the quoted post, Caron's daughter is mates with KS' flattie, don't think Bryce would want to have a heart to heart with her, just saying.:twocents:

I believe there has been some of that in this case...parents, both Uncles, roommate and his girlfriend have all either verbally sent him pleas to return via interviews or on their Facebook pages.

Although there is no reason for Bryce to be "missing on purpose" or "hiding out" the family has made pleas to return just to cover all possibilities.

Have I reverted to being a blonde, or wasn't Bryce already on his way in the car on the 29th and car found crashed early a.m on the 30th.
Anyway, the alleged text messages he didn't respond to were from Caron's daughter. Hello ??? Ever ignored a phone call or text - I know I have.
From the quoted post, Caron's daughter is mates with KS' flattie, don't think Bryce would want to have a heart to heart with her, just saying.:twocents:

KS didn't look like a "flattie" to me. :floorlaugh:

j/k

OT-ish, but I have worked at several hotels, with breakfast included for guests, and it was very unlikely that anyone without a room key would be able to get in to eat. And if they had let someone in, they would remember. We always had a person whose job it was to just do that, make sure everyone was actually staying there.

Off-topic also, but once we stayed a couple of days in a hotel with breakfast buffet included in Utah and every morning when we left for our day's activities we saw a woman with two young children sitting in a very battered, old car in the parking lot. Come to find out, after breakfast hours were over she was allowed to come in and eat with her children while the staff cleaned up the breakfast room. I only bring it up because it really was heartwarming to know this.

JMO - his Mum knows what he said on the telephone to her. If I had to choose which version is accurate, logically I'd have to go with that one.
It's called first person evidence. What KS told Caron or her daughter is hearsay for our purpose. :twocents:

Except mom & dad are both on record saying the breakup happened.

Also, what KS told Caron is no more hearsay than what Bryce told mom, IMO.

We're going in circles here.

Dragracerz - Do you think WS has made a positive contribution to the search for Bryce?

Sometimes I get cynical and think we are just talking in circles, and our speculation isn't really helping anyone.

Except mom & dad are both on record saying the breakup happened.

Also, what KS told Caron is no more hearsay than what Bryce told mom, IMO.

We're going in circles here.

Sorry, what Bryce told his mother is not hearsay because we have his mother's first person record of the conversation.

What KS told Caron is hearsay because we're hearing it from Caron.

In a court, Caron can give evidence that the conversation took place, but the substance of it is not accepted as evidence . It would have to come from KS. :twocents:

Sorry, what Bryce told his mother is not hearsay because we have his mother's first person record of the conversation.

What KS told Caron is hearsay because we're hearing it from Caron.

In a court, Caron can give evidence that the conversation took place, but the substance of it is not accepted as evidence . It would have to come from KS. :twocents:

Caron is repeating what she was told by KS.
Karen is repeating what she was told by Bryce.
KS & Bryce both talking about the same thing they were party to.
Same difference. :twocents:

I haven't been on here because I have been doing everything I can trying to keep the media involved. The 3 vigils (Light The Way Home For Bryce - Prayer of Hope) did provide a lot of media but I have also been contacting media as much as possible to keep the story out there.
I have something in the works for next week to again get the media involved.
I truly think that it is going to be someone who sees a flyer, or a story on the news that will find him and not LE.
I woke up today 7am(ish) with "a missing Ca. teenager may be in Oregon..." blasting in my ear from KFI/640am, so you're doing it right!

Also, I heard you on yesterday's podcast of Bill Carroll's show on KFI, and you sounded very professional. Thank you for the updates on Bryce.

Bill Carroll's podcast with Bryce update/dragracrez interview (first 15 minutes):
http://www.kfiam640.com/media/podca...oll/bryce-laspisas-sighting-12p-102-23789878/

Is there anything of significance you can tell us about this "acting weird" event because whatever happen seemed to have triggered Bryce to do so many drastic things the very next day???

Wed 8/28, BL took the following action:

• Told his mother he was going to break-up with KS
  • Must have announced to his mother he was going to drive to SoCal for holiday weekend instead of spending it w/KS
  • Told his mother he had "a lot to talk to [her] about”
  • Texted his roommate "Love you bro. Seriously. You are the best person i have ever met. You saved my soul.”
  • Drove to Chico an broke up with KS, and friends concerned about his behavior took away his car keys
  • Left Chico and may or may not have returned to his apartment
  • Wed or Thur: Started driving toward SoCal and ran out of gas in Buttonwillow.

Darn ... DRZ' gone again ... I guess the above will remain a mystery! :(

In relation to things that could be discussed to help, has there been any more on the purple truck?
How Bryce might have left the crash site is very important.

It is very possible that someone who might have given him a lift is not aware that he is missing. That is the key to this, IMO. The antecedents are not so important, they are part of the whole but this is a critical missing piece of the jigsaw.

Who said what to who, when, and why - let's move on from that and focus. Trackergd has the right idea. Quester has given us brilliant timelines to work with. We have the luxury of a family member here with the patience of Job to answer our questions.
This is not about girlfriends, flatties, mates, 'the cat's mother' :cat:- this is about Bryce.
A vulnerable 19 year old. :smiliescale:

Caron is repeating what she was told by KS.
Karen is repeating what she was told by Bryce.
KS & Bryce both talking about the same thing they were party to.
Same difference. :twocents:

<modsnip>.

Unless Caron was present when the convo took place between Bryce and KS - it's hearsay.
She didn't witness the conversation, someone told her about it.
It has to come DIRECTLY from one of the parties to it, Bryce or KS (or a witness to the conversation), otherwise it's second hand info.

Mrs L had the conversation with her son, she reported what was said.

<modsnip>.

I woke up today 7am(ish) with "a missing Ca. teenager may be in Oregon..." blasting in my ear from KFI/640am, so you're doing it right!

Also, I heard you on yesterday's podcast of Bill Carroll's show on KFI, and you sounded very professional. Thank you for the updates on Bryce.

Bill Carroll's podcast with Bryce update/dragracrez interview (first 15 minutes):
http://www.kfiam640.com/media/podca...oll/bryce-laspisas-sighting-12p-102-23789878/

I have mixed feelings about this. KFI has been reporting this story of the possible sighting in Oregon in their half hour news package all yesterday afternoon, through the night and this morning. KFI is the highest rated news/talk station in the LA area and particularly in the areas of the Santa Clarita Valley, Ventura and Orange Counties, so people may misunderstand the tenuous nature of the Port Orford sighting and stop being vigilant in more likely areas.

If you hear different information regarding the same issue from two different verified insiders, you may choose whatever you wish to believe.

We will not argue with the verified insider or each other about who is right. Scroll and roll if you do not believe something.

In relation to things that could be discussed to help, has there been any more on the purple truck?
How Bryce might have left the crash site is very important.

It is very possible that someone who might have given him a lift is not aware that he is missing. That is the key to this, IMO. The antecedents are not so important, they are part of the whole but this is a critical missing piece of the jigsaw.

Who said what to who, when, and why - let's move on from that and focus. Trackergd has the right idea. Quester has given us brilliant timelines to work with. We have the luxury of a family member here with the patience of Job to answer our questions.
This is not about girlfriends, flatties, mates, 'the cat's mother' :cat:- this is about Bryce.
A vulnerable 19 year old. :smiliescale:

I totally agree LB! Hitting the thanks button just wasn't enough.

Is there any possibility that he could still be near the lake? I know it's been said that the dogs tracked him out of the park. Do you know where they tracked him out of the park? Like down Lake Hughes road? Or across the damn to the west side of the lake? Where did thee dogs lose his scent? Is it possible that he could have wandered off hurt, into the wilderness?

Obviously I hope this isn't the case but you just never know :(

Praying for your family and Bryce's safe return.

I have mixed feelings about this. KFI has been reporting this story of the possible sighting in Oregon in their half hour news package all yesterday afternoon, through the night and this morning. KFI is the highest rated news/talk station in the LA area and particularly in the areas of the Santa Clarita Valley, Ventura and Orange Counties, so people may misunderstand the tenuous nature of the Port Orford sighting and stop being vigilant in more likely areas.

Thank you, this also goes to my point about the purple truck and whoever might have given Bryce a lift. Didn't want to mention the Port Orford sighting but wasn't it meant to be a police officer who hadn't realised Bryce was missing?
If so, then isn't it even more likely that a truckie who's on the road all the time and doesn't read the daily papers could be oblivious of the fact.
Not only professional drivers but anyone who could have given him a ride and for whatever reason isn't up with the news or might have been out of state etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck