CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter Steve Gregory said (in yesterday's Bill Carroll podcast) that the SUV's front windshield had a "spiderwebbed crack in it", and "it (the SUV) fell onto it's side, the passenger's side, and there were little droplets of blood on the panel of the passenger's side door, indicating that whatever injury he sustained, when he hit the window, maybe a nosebleed or a cut on the forehead, that the blood dripped down to the panel of the door, and then he was able to get himself free somehow, and get out of the vehicle; that's when the back window was busted out, and he was able to walk away, dazed and confused. And then when he probably regained his composure, *the theory is that he probably hitched a ride."

*The theory that Bryce hitched a ride comes from to "other investigators, who have been following the case" (and not necessarily from the LEOs who are investigating Bryce's disapperance).

I had not heard about the cracked windshield or the blood drops on the inside of the passenger door. Do we know for sure that this was Bryce's blood?

Reporter Steve Gregory said (in yesterday's Bill Carroll podcast) that the SUV's front windshield had a "spiderwebbed crack in it", and "it (the SUV) fell onto it's side, the passenger's side, and there were little droplets of blood on the panel of the passenger's side door, indicating that whatever injury he sustained, when he hit the window, maybe a nosebleed or a cut on the forehead, that the blood dripped down to the panel of the door, and then he was able to get himself free somehow, and get out of the vehicle; that's when the back window was busted out, and he was able to walk away, dazed and confused. And then when he probably regained his composure, *the theory is that he probably hitched a ride."

*The theory that Bryce hitched a ride comes from to "other investigators, who have been following the case" (and not necessarily from the LEOs who are investigating Bryce's disapperance).

I had not heard about the cracked windshield or the blood drops on the inside of the passenger door. Do we know for sure that this was Bryce's blood?

linking...http://www.iheart.com/live/177/?autoplay=true

No, sorry, legally it's not the same.

Unless Caron was present when the convo took place between Bryce and KS - it's hearsay.
She didn't witness the conversation, someone told her about it.
It has to come DIRECTLY from one of the parties to it, Bryce or KS (or a witness to the conversation), otherwise it's second hand info.

Mrs L had the conversation with her son, she reported what was said.

Please try to see the difference.

I'm trying to see the difference. Are you saying Karen witnessed the conversation between Bryce & Kim about whether they broke up? Because if so, I am confused.

As far as I have seen, Bryce only told Karen what happened. Same as Kim told Caron what happened. I don't see how Karen hearing the story from Bryce holds more weight than Caron hearing it from Kim. And Karen has said in more than one MSM spot that Bryce broke up with Kim. But I have to move on from this.

That's a good thought about libraries, do you have to have a library card to be able to use a computer in one? Are there anything like internet cafes in CA?

Sorry if this is a late reply as I'm still catching up, but to answer your question, yes they're all over the place. AFAIK you have to have something but not necessarily a debit card.

Thx, Coastal! I apparently missed the long intro yesterday, during which the new info was provided. Will add it to the timeline.

Here's link to podcast for those who'd like to hear it:
http://www.kfiam640.com/media/podca...oll/bryce-laspisas-sighting-12p-102-23789878/

Sorry, what Bryce told his mother is not hearsay because we have his mother's first person record of the conversation.

What KS told Caron is hearsay because we're hearing it from Caron.

In a court, Caron can give evidence that the conversation took place, but the substance of it is not accepted as evidence . It would have to come from KS. :twocents:

From what I recall Caron saying, is that her daughter and Bryce are good friends at Sierra. It seems that her Daughter and Kim's roommate are good friends. Maybe that's how he met Kim..who knows? Anyway, Caron said that Kim herself told her that Bryce broke up with her.

JMO - his Mum knows what he said on the telephone to her. If I had to choose which version is accurate, logically I'd have to go with that one.
It's called first person evidence. What KS told Caron or her daughter is hearsay for our purpose. :twocents:

BBM

Thank you. I agree with you 100%. In the below interview, at approximately 9 minutes and 25 seconds into it, Bryce's mom confirms that he told her that he broke up with his girlfriend. My :twocents:

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

Wondering if Caron could invite the gf to join us here so we can get a first person account of BL behaviors and convos with her.

"You get two things in life, the things you ask for and the things you are afraid of."
Reverend Terry Cole Whittaker

So Bryce told his mom he broke up with his girlfriend and
Kim told Caron and her daughter that Bryce broke up with her.

So, with this information, it seems Bryce broke up with her. Even DRZ said Kim said Bryce broke up with her by phone. Even if he went to see her later in Chico and didn't say it again, it doesn't make it untrue now.

Before I get in trouble with CF who is see lurking, I'm stepping back.:seeya:

I always tread lightly when it comes to my posting & the FB rules, what is allowed / what isn't (so Mods, please snip away or remind me if i'm stepped over the line. :blushing: )

Has anyone caught this comment yet today? On the Find Bryce Laspisa fb page, in the others comments section, a commenter has brought to light another young man, living in Oregon, that does look quiet a bit like Bryce & apparently is this person they are seeing as Bryce. The similarities from the only pic he has on his own personal FB (initials of KA) are a pretty good match (almost eerily) to Bryce.

moo - i can absolutely see where the confusion would come into play with Port O in OR, the multiple sightings & now to see this gentleman possibly cruising around at the same time so many are on the lookout for Bryce..... wow.
But i am also incredibly hopeful otherwise. I so want to believe these Oregon sightings.....

Just spoke to Dragracer and he made a few phone calls. Yes. He clarified with me that Bryce broke up with Kim on that Wednesday. He drove 90 miles to her house from his apartment and broke up with her. I don't think KS said otherwise. Did she? Hope he is found safe. Thinking of him. I'm sure the VI will explain it more in detail when he has the time. Thank you Dragracer for verifying.

No, sorry, legally it's not the same.

Unless Caron was present when the convo took place between Bryce and KS - it's hearsay.
She didn't witness the conversation, someone told her about it.
It has to come DIRECTLY from one of the parties to it, Bryce or KS (or a witness to the conversation), otherwise it's second hand info.

Mrs L had the conversation with her son, she reported what was said.

Please try to see the difference.

I always tread lightly when it comes to my posting & the FB rules, what is allowed / what isn't (so Mods, please snip away or remind me if i'm stepped over the line. :blushing: )

Has anyone caught this comment yet today? On the Find Bryce Laspisa fb page, in the others comments section, a commenter has brought to light another young man, living in Oregon, that does look quiet a bit like Bryce & apparently is this person they are seeing as Bryce. The similarities from the only pic he has on his own personal FB (initials of KA) are a pretty good match (almost eerily) to Bryce.

moo - i can absolutely see where the confusion would come into play with Port O in OR, the multiple sightings & now to see this gentleman possibly cruising around at the same time so many are on the lookout for Bryce..... wow.
But i am also incredibly hopeful otherwise. I so want to believe these Oregon sightings.....

Wow! BL's doppelganger- at least from profile shot! JMO

I am a prosecutor in Illinois. We often charge first offenders with drug cases with misdemeanors, despite the amount being a felony level amount, and give the individual supervision in the hopes that he can get back on the right track. Supervision is NOT a diversionary program and is not automatically dismissed. The arrest and disposition remains on your record forever. It is just not a conviction.

What is most telling in drug cases is the drug fine assessed. It encompasses a street value fine, usually roughly $10/gram in cannabis cases. His fine is REALLY steep and was paid up front, which is indicative of a large amount. The offense he actually pled to does not at all indicate what the ACTUAL level was. I can tell you that cannabis is negligible enough here that you don't see much simple possession charged, despite the fact that the laws are on the books. So I won't break the rules and speculate as to how much he actually had, who paid his fines, etc.- just filling you in on the law in Illinois.

Oh, and the reason it can go up to $2500 is that you can be assessed a fine up to $2500 and up to 364 days in the county jail on a Class A misdemeanor. That fine does not include a street value or drug assessment fine. That is how his was able to exceed that amount.

If that guy really lives where the sightings took place...I doubt Bryce has been seen in Oregon, JMO. Someone needs to talk with this guy and see for sure if he was at the spots where alleged sightings took place.

Thanks for that! So, there it is.

Yeah, that's what it would be for. They are making him pay towards various branches of LE. It's pretty standard stuff although I find the total he was to pay very high for the crime.

Every defendant pays the same violent crime fee on a misdemeanor, regardless of the charge.

The category for the high fine is based on the amount of the drug.

BL Mom told me over the phone the break-up happened also. I talked to both Mom and KS Friday of the incident. Looking back on my phone records it was a 23 minute conversation with Mom.. My heart aches for his mom I know from Bryce himself he was very close to his Mom.

Except mom & dad are both on record saying the breakup happened.

Also, what KS told Caron is no more hearsay than what Bryce told mom, IMO.

We're going in circles here.

That other man even has a huge arm tattoo, just on the opposite arm.

That's a good thought about libraries, do you have to have a library card to be able to use a computer in one? Are there anything like internet cafes in CA?
No, you do not need a library card to use a computer in a library. We were not residents of San Bernardino county, yet we needed to get online to research something on one of our trips to Big Bear. We were able to go to the local library and get online and get what we needed.

Caron was correct. I WAS WRONG.
They did break up.
I am working off a pile of notes that I have made from the start and was missing one sentence.

On Tuesday, he broke up with kim on the phone and she went to his apartment he did break up with her there but then made up. On Wednesday he went to her apartment and broke up with her again.
Thats the one I missed.

Looks like I need to get my facts straight before posting.

Ok, they did break up. My apologies to everyone.

Let's move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member