CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me:
BBM
I don't know exactly how phone pings work. Does anyone know if the family can request a history of where the phone pinged that night (after the fact) from AT&T? Might clear up why it took him so long to get to Castaic from Buttonwillow, when he got to the rest stop after leaving Chico, and where he spent those two hours+ before crashing his car.

Wow, great thought! I don't know if a route can be ascertained by this pinging technology, but if they can, that could be so enlightening in this case! Has this been done in other missing persons cases?

I'm curious. Assume for a moment that Bryce, for whatever reason, did not leave the Castaic Lake recreation area-in general.
If he could be found some where in a proximity of where the vehicle was found <sadly, I am afraid at this point>....where is ONE place , you would say look for him?

So who wants to maybe help ...and try this?? If you want to....

Here is the approximate spot the vehicle was found
34.518884, -118.597031

copy & paste that in google map ( unless you want to use Google Earth)

you can zoom in and take a look around...Mr Google man can walk on some roads

put your thinking caps on- critical thinking and commonsense

Find a spot, right click, left click LatLng Marker, copy and paste that coordinate & post
No explanations/reasons theories- just a coordinate
short sweet simple

does not have to be exact spot to a T

I would like to see what others may be thinking and how it may correlate with my own project...TIA if you care to

I wanted to try this, and did, but honestly, there is just too much area there, and I keep having Bryce end up in the water as I "walk" the area...

Did we ever determine if the scent trail ended across from a police substation? if so, I am suddenly smelling something very hinky.

Respectfully snipped by me:

Wow, great thought! I don't know if a route can be ascertained by this pinging technology, but if they can, that could be so enlightening in this case! Has this been done in other missing persons cases?

I have not a clue. I remember pages and pages in the Casey Anthony threads of people trying to find the location of her beautiful daughter's remains from CA's cell phone pings. I don't know if a call or text has to come into the phone in order to get a ping or how it works exactly.

^ don't try to walk google man- look around and when you have a place in mind, just zoom in to 'your' spot , put the mouse right there and right click, left click on LatLng Marker in the drop down box, and a little yellow box with your coordinate will show on the map- then you can copy & paste it here

My understanding is that Castaic Lake is a man-made, dammed lake.

Hm. Is it windy there? That can create currents even in a lake like this, IMO. I know it's very windy not too far from there (Rosamond area) but I don't know the Castaic area itself very well. Could that have impacted where he ended up if something happened in the water?

^ don't try to walk google man- look around and when you have a place in mind, just zoom in to 'your' spot , put the mouse right there and right click, left click on LatLng Marker in the drop down box, and a little yellow box with your coordinate will show on the map- then you can copy & paste it here

IDK! But the treed area near "A" has always caught my eye and I don't have any explanation for why:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...CgDEC6pWJNgyXDQ&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&z=16

I keep wanting to go to the right of Govt Cove Rd following the beach to the first deep cove area & around the area of the circle of Baal Point Rd near that cove.

thanks Quester- I can get that coordinate, appreciate it :)

Google Earth is killing me!!! I don't remember trees there. I took a video going in and out and don't see those trees. How can this be so off??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Google Earth is killing me!!! I don't remember trees there. I took a video going in and out and don't see those trees. How can this be so off??

Trees where? Remember, they may be bigger now than on GE, or less green, or even chopped down. If they've done so much work on the roads there that what was 3 lanes is now 2, its possible.

I posted on the last thread some information I read about bodies in water regarding movement to lower (deeper) areas of the lake and how the temperature of the water at the bottom of the lake will effect if and when a body will surface. I also read on a fishing site that the area by the dam is a pretty deep part of the lake and on another site that the lake bottom is murky and flat and that sonar is very effective.

Trees where? Remember, they may be bigger now than on GE, or less green, or even chopped down. If they've done so much work on the roads there that what was 3 lanes is now 2, its possible.

The ones Quester chose as his/her point to search. I don't think there are trees anymore.

Hm. Is it windy there? That can create currents even in a lake like this, IMO. I know it's very windy not too far from there (Rosamond area) but I don't know the Castaic area itself very well. Could that have impacted where he ended up if something happened in the water?

Sorry to quote myself... :) I'm specifically thinking of the Willow Springs racetrack and the fact that every fence was blown down, every person around me was grabbing onto things, and I was nearly knocked to the ground several times by wind. Everything was built to fight the wind - i.e. bathrooms faced a certain way with big concrete barriers. Other racers were saying they sometimes used the wind to help them on certain turns. I've only been there once but people who'd been there before told me it wasn't even a very windy day. If Castaic is similar, I can't even imagine what might happen to someone in the water. (yes it hurts a lot to think and type this). If Castaic's not windy like this it changes my thinking. Granted my thinking changes daily...

I wish there was some way to rule the lake in or out definitively. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible given the size and depth of the lake.

I keep convincing myself Bryce can't be in the lake because he would have surfaced & I doubt he was held down by anything. But I just remembered those 2 old cars from the 60's found last month with SSS - one of the doors was open all these years, yet none of the 3 bodies ever floated out. And there were no seatbelts in those model cars...

Sorry to quote myself... :) I'm specifically thinking of the Willow Springs racetrack and the fact that every fence was blown down, every person around me was grabbing onto things, and I was nearly knocked to the ground several times by wind. Everything was built to fight the wind - i.e. bathrooms faced a certain way with big concrete barriers. Other racers were saying they sometimes used the wind to help them on certain turns. I've only been there once but people who'd been there before told me it wasn't even a very windy day. If Castaic is similar, I can't even imagine what might happen to someone in the water. (yes it hurts a lot to think and type this). If Castaic's not windy like this it changes my thinking. Granted my thinking changes daily...

I wish there was some way to rule the lake in or out definitively. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible given the size and depth of the lake.

The 5 at Charlie Canyon Rd often has serious warning signs up for wind. This is the exit just past Castaic. When I was there yesterday it was certainly windy but not blow you away windy. However it was windy enough that we had to reduce speed because we felt the wind pushing the SUV right.

No loose bushes were airborne or dust everywhere but there was a good amount of wind. I did look at the lake and without any boats in it, it is incredibly still despite the wind.

Hope that helps

not sure if it has been asked....but did Bryce typically wear his seatbelt?

I want to thank drag for coming on here and keeping us informed.

not sure if it has been asked....but did Bryce typically wear his seatbelt?

I want to thank drag for coming on here and keeping us informed.

I can't imagine he didn't have it on. If he wasn't in a seat belt I'm not sure he could have walked away from it.

The 5 at Charlie Canyon Rd often has serious warning signs up for wind. This is the exit just past Castaic. When I was there yesterday it was certainly windy but not blow you away windy. However it was windy enough that we had to reduce speed because we felt the wind pushing the SUV right.

No loose bushes were airborne or dust everywhere but there was a good amount of wind. I did look at the lake and without any boats in it, it is incredibly still despite the wind.

Hope that helps

It does, thank you! I wonder if the lake's pretty protected, or if it ever gets super windy. Sounds like pretty protected from what you saw.

I'm curious. Assume for a moment that Bryce, for whatever reason, did not leave the Castaic Lake recreation area-in general.
If he could be found some where in a proximity of where the vehicle was found <sadly, I am afraid at this point>....where is ONE place , you would say look for him?

So who wants to maybe help ...and try this?? If you want to....

Here is the approximate spot the vehicle was found
34.518884, -118.597031

copy & paste that in google map ( unless you want to use Google Earth)

you can zoom in and take a look around...Mr Google man can walk on some roads

put your thinking caps on- critical thinking and commonsense

Find a spot, right click, left click LatLng Marker, copy and paste that coordinate & post
No explanations/reasons theories- just a coordinate
short sweet simple

does not have to be exact spot to a T

I would like to see what others may be thinking and how it may correlate with my own project...TIA if you care to
Still catching up. But if this were me, I'd have headed down to the lake to the buildings in the parking lot to see if anyone was there. No one there, I'd have headed across the dam and doubled back through the campground, heading for whatever civilization I could see. From that location, on Google Earth, across the dam looks like the fastest way to get to anything with a light. There is no way on Earth I would have headed North or East. And I would have followed the road to avoid breaking an ankle. If I had arranged for someone to pick me up, they'd do it from Lake Hughes Rd, or some other main road closer to the freeway, and that would have had to have been arranged before the crash. I don't think that is true, so I'm going with he walked until he was either picked up by someone (as in he hitchhiked), or he doubled back and is in the lake. (my apologies, but I don't think I believe that anyway)

That is just my take based on what I know of the area, looking at Google maps, and imagining having just rolled my vehicle.

ETA: I'd be searching the campground and everything there, but I assume it has already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston