CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd picture over is the parking lot to the boat ramp. Notice the bushes don't look disturbed.

I would think there would be signs that a car drove through. Those are good sized scrub brush. They would break and leave a path. As opposed to small shrubs or grass that would return to normal form after a week or so. Very perplexing indeed.

I don't know - with enough speed from the tower area could a vehicle get airborne when it reached the steeper slope where the brush starts? Land further downslope, then roll to the road?

Nope - no info on that.

Nor on, when found: engine on/off; headlights on/of; doors locked/unlocked

We do, however, know that the crashed SUV was found with the keys in the ignition, according to DRZ. No indication if key was turned to the engine-on position.

UGH! I feel like we're still stuck on this minutia because we don't have any of of the more importance details:
Was BL suicidal?

Did BL confide in anyone plans to "escape"?

SUV forensics, was BL in SUV when crash occurred? If so, how serious could his injuries be?

This is just becoming irritating!!! JMO

UGH! I feel like we're still stuck on this minutia because we don't have any of of the more importance details:
Was BL suicidal?

Did BL confide in anyone plans to "escape"?

SUV forensics, was BL in SUV when crash occurred? If so, how serious could his injuries be?

This is just becoming irritating!!! JMO

That and I think injury state of mind plays a role here as well. Since we are not allowed to talk about the other thing or other people who were close to him it really leaves us with no options JMO

the body of water that would have been closest to where we think the SUV landed.....is that the lagoon or the lake?

the body of water that would have been closest to where we think the SUV landed.....is that the lagoon or the lake?

Lake. +- 796' from where the car stopped. As a crow flies. +1500 if you were to walk the ramp access road.

First time poster here - Very Very long time reader or WS since the JB Ramsey days. This unusual case however has inspired me to post. Since it is my first post, be kind.... I have a few questions, and observations.

I originally suspected Bryce may have tried to ditch the car intentionally, however after seeing the recent pics from Riverking, that seems very unlikely to me.This would be a very difficult crash to just walk away from, even more so at night regardless of the moonlight. If he had intentionally crashed the car, he would not have picked this spot.

There seem like things we do not know or understand about Bryce and his family - Understandably so. I don't want to imply they are hiding anything from us but there are obviously issues going on here with Bryce which may have contributed to whatever happened.

1. How exactly was he acting to have his key's taken away? What does "acting weird" actually mean? Manic, up, down, aggressive?

2. It seems entirely IN CHARACTER to me for him to just vanish - regardless of talk that he may be sweet, caring, loving etc - evidence indicates there is something wrong here.

3. Rational people do not really behave like this - driving in circles, running out of gas, sleeping on hills, breaking up with GF's in dramatic fashion. Again my point, something is wrong...

4. Regardless of the pot charges themselves - the amount is what troubles me. 10 - 30 grams (I think that is what it was) is not a small amount - and is really much more than "experimentation" as I have heard his drug use characterized as. Someone experiments with one or two or five joints. Again, I mean no disrespect and I have a family member who uses...

5. I have read the timelines - and a rational person just does not seem to behave like this - its almost as if he was waiting for something - or someone, or trying to make a decision before moving on with his journey. Its confusing to me.

So far, the most plausible scenario I have heard is Riverking - He was on his way to tell his parents he needed a break, somehow got sidetracked and the accident accelerated his plans a bit. What became of him after exiting the car, I am not sure at this point.

IMO - as sweet and as wonderful as he is, there was obviously something not right, be it drugs or whatever. I hope he is found soon.

Could another vehicle have pushed it off? Would that make a difference?

Several years ago a truck crossed the center line and sideswiped on the driver's side, my two week old new Ford Probe (don't remember the year)...the airbag went off on the passenger side. No injuries, only damage on the driver's side.
Maybe airbags are unpredictable. Maybe the airbags were disconnected???

Hopefully this is going to work, here are Riverking's pictures.
Thank you!
2nd picture over is the parking lot to the boat ramp. Notice the bushes don't look disturbed.
I think the 2nd pic towards the parking lot there wouldn't be brush disturbed, because the car went down further to the right according to dragracerz pics he posted earlier. Maybe other vehicles drove around there? There appear to be 2 sets of wheel tracks & that you'd have to go down the hill more to see where each went.
If it is as steep as you say, and it ended up on 80% on the road as Dragz has noted, how could only the rear window be broken with a suspicion that was done post accident? One roll should have busted most if not all of the windows, and as it accelerated on it's downward journey, rolling on wheels or rolling lengthwise, it should have been a pile of scrap metal...air bags or not.

We do that sort of testing on military vehicles, and the proposed scenario is not adding up....even the bullet proof 1"+ thick windows pop out. I just can't wrap my mind around it at this point.
I'm guessing at this point that there is a good possibility that the car did not roll multiple times. Not end over end or sideways. It was in tact until it went over onto MR Rd, then bounced around a bit hitting the rear and front & toppling sideways.
When I go take new pictures later, I'll make sure to get pictures from the other vantage point (below on MR Rd) as well.
Maybe additional pics from up top?

First time poster here - Very Very long time reader or WS since the JB Ramsey days. This unusual case however has inspired me to post. Since it is my first post, be kind.... I have a few questions, and observations.

I originally suspected Bryce may have tried to ditch the car intentionally, however after seeing the recent pics from Riverking, that seems very unlikely to me.This would be a very difficult crash to just walk away from, even more so at night regardless of the moonlight. If he had intentionally crashed the car, he would not have picked this spot.

There seem like things we do not know or understand about Bryce and his family - Understandably so. I don't want to imply they are hiding anything from us but there are obviously issues going on here with Bryce which may have contributed to whatever happened.

1. How exactly was he acting to have his key's taken away? What does "acting weird" actually mean? Manic, up, down, aggressive?

2. It seems entirely IN CHARACTER to me for him to just vanish - regardless of talk that he may be sweet, caring, loving etc - evidence indicates there is something wrong here.

3. Rational people do not really behave like this - driving in circles, running out of gas, sleeping on hills, breaking up with GF's in dramatic fashion. Again my point, something is wrong...

4. Regardless of the pot charges themselves - the amount is what troubles me. 10 - 30 grams (I think that is what it was) is not a small amount - and is really much more than "experimentation" as I have heard his drug use characterized as. Someone experiments with one or two or five joints. Again, I mean no disrespect and I have a family member who uses...

5. I have read the timelines - and a rational person just does not seem to behave like this - its almost as if he was waiting for something - or someone, or trying to make a decision before moving on with his journey. Its confusing to me.

So far, the most plausible scenario I have heard is Riverking - He was on his way to tell his parents he needed a break, somehow got sidetracked and the accident accelerated his plans a bit. What became of him after exiting the car, I am not sure at this point.

IMO - as sweet and as wonderful as he is, there was obviously something not right, be it drugs or whatever. I hope he is found soon.

For a very first post this is excellent. very good points and questions. I hope one day we get those answers and find Bryce. I think some of them especially the one about him acting weird are crucial.

Welcome!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lake. +- 796' from where the car stopped. As a crow flies. +1500 if you were to walk the ramp access road.

As hot as it was that week triple digits, possibly bleeding, seems logical to head for the lake to cool off, wash off etc.....

Gosh I wonder if there's ever been a cade like this? College age student goes missing after erratic behavior and all that's left is a car? Maybe the result of those could help? Like where the person was found? If they were alive? If they were alive what did they describe happened?

Anyone know how to look that kind of stuff up?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

i pretty much agree with you except i don't think he was ever going to his parents. i think he was waiting for his connection (ride/pal) in Buttonwillow - maybe they were coming from long distance (IL?) or got hung up on the road somewhere, hence the long wait. then they decided to ditch the car. everyone has secrets, no matter how well you may know a person. LE seems to have been convinced of his leaving the park from the get go. i realize they are overworked and make mistakes but i haven't seen a shred of urgency from them regarding this case. JMO

i do think that he was going to let his folks know that he was ok but feel he got very irritated by the follow up by Christian and the police search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman