CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that really frustrates me about the theory of him hitting his head and not knowing who is. Is that he had the mindset to open his duffle bag take something specific out?I mean does that sound like someone who forgot who he was or suffered some crazy head injury?

Did he, or was it never zipped? Seeing how he left behind so many things, what would he take?

JMO we are reaching a point where I feel amnesia is really unlikely. I know it occurs, but I cannot believe someone would not have seen this rather noticeable looking man in or around Castiac in the day or two right after the accident, acting confused. He would really stand out, IMO, especially if his clothes and maybe his face were bloodied, etc.

It seems like the "sightings" were all much later, but as far as I know, none matched that first day or two when it would most likely have been him.

I honestly have no idea what to think, except that I feel he was in a state of some kind. I fear that if not in the lake, he may have decided to walk and then lay down to rest a while. He may still be out there. Searchers miss victims all too often,JMO.

I'm having a moment...bare with me :)

Need to get these times straightened out....getting stuck on the 10hrs quoted on the timeline....
Gas was called for at 9am and Christian arrived at 12 pm
If the 2nd Roadside check from Christian was hours after the first(12.30), which then gave light to Bryce being at the rest area for 10hrs ,that would mean Christian saw Bryce again around 5pm because it takes around 6hrs from Chico to Rocklin to Buttonwillow,assuming he got to Buttonwillow around 7am and assuming he was at his flat in Rocklin at 1am....then his Mum filed a missing persons report at 7.16pm.....
After only around 2hrs when Christian saw him and reported back to Mum.....then a missing report was filed?
Why,was it because he was not answering his phone and maybe sleeping?
Bryce must have slept at some point, no? ... 12.30pm -ish until ?? 2nd check?? 5pm -ish then moved to Lagoon drive ?pm until Police check at 9pm ...
Even give or take an hour or so either side .... it was still 14-16hrs in Buttonwillow,Lagoon drive area

I feel like a yoyo ...I can entertain all theories but would like to think that Bryce just needs time out and he is safe somewhere.....

This happened to my brother as well, at age nineteen...it was so sudden. He did not become violent or act out, but simply retreated into his own world, his old room, where he remains many years later. He has almost no contact with anyone and also developed extreme OCD but was diagnosed with schizophrenia as well. Amazing how quickly it happened.

Thanks for sharing. I feel your pain. It affects the whole family. Unfortunately, it does not get better. It's a degenerative disease. Every time they go off their medication and decompensate their brain deteriorates more. It's a lifelong illness.

My husband and I have had no other family member with mental illness and have no idea where the gene came from. We were in denial for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for this post. I'm taking it as advice. For about a year now, this is how I've been feeling.
The fact is that I am denying myself extras to pay for my son's education as long as he makes the grades. He has a job but the company spreads the hours thin which works when juggling school and social life! Doesn't equal lots of extra spending money though.

None of this is designed solely by him though and if we're willing to support him, we should pay out and shut up.
I never want him to feel the way you described because I know, in the end, he'll be better off with an education
(I hope).

In part, the issue is, kids don't realize their parents are human - this statement is barely a stretch. It takes a great deal of effort to remain in mature mode at times. I'm writing myself a note right now. The behavior described may fall into a category called passive-aggressive. Many peeps fall into this trap I bet without even realizing it. I don't believe I've gone there too badly but have to think about how to phrase things when talking to him about money.
Again, thanks for the warning (and forgive your parents as they know not what they do/did!).

Im sure you are handling things fine with your boy.

My folks and I had the same agreement about grades, and that is a great way to help ensure you "get what you pay for". :) I always felt that was a very fair deal. I had to earn my way by passing my classes. I had to show them my report cards as proof and luckily I was always proud to do so. The good thing too is colleges will actually kick out people if they dont keep a passing overall grade, so that is another "checks and balances" you have.

The pressure of having to do well in school is very real and it sometimes takes a toll on students. Each semester, there were always a few unlucky souls who never made it back, and we all kind of knew what happened to them (grades). Once we witnessed fellow dorm students not cut it, it just made the drive to succeed all the more important to most of us.

As students, most of us were really bad at showing our parents how much we really appreciated them, but I can guarantee you as I got older and much more mature, I personally gave my parents all those thanks "Ten-Fold", as I got my first "real job" making decent money, which was only possible by the BS degree they helped me get. I even wrote them a nice 50 year anniversary letter saying much of the same.

So, rest assured, he will thank you "ten fold" as he matures and he looks back to how you sacrificed to help him have the best chance at succeeding in life.

Kudos to you for being a great "mom".

I'm having a really hard time believing that Bryce is dead. I'm having a really hard time reading that Bryce is dead.

I guess somewhere in me, I have to accept that it's a possibility, but I'm not there yet.

I believed Dylan Redwine was alive for 6 months when in fact he was dead. I keep trying ot remember that so I don't make the same mistake again, but frankly, it hurts my heart to read the speculation that he's dead.

With that 16 hours in Buttonwillow, I'm thinking instead of him walking out of Castaic park to the roads outside of it and getting in a car with a stranger who murdered him, he got in a car with someone he had arranged to pick him up while he was in Buttonwillow.

It doesn't answer for this many weeks later he still hasn't surfaced, but I'm a glass half full kinda girl. I'm hoping for the best. It doesn't seem like he would do this to his parents though. But something happened. He did something that got him where he is now. He evaded his mother's phone calls all day until he was forced to call her. Why did he do that? What else is he capable of doing? Something was wrong with that whole trip, starting with not letting anyone know where he was going, to avoiding talking to his mother, to it taking so long to get down south, to the crash. IMO

You are absolutely right although psychiatrist believe the gene sits stagnate in the brain and becoming young adults and all the stressors it manifest and they often self medicate to make them feel better therefore getting addicted. There is a fine line between heavy crystal meth usage and Schizophrenia. This is why so many schizophrenics and bi-polar are dual diagnosis. I have been through 10 years of this with my son and Drs. I should write a book.

60min a few weeks ago had a wonderful special on young adult males with schizophrenia. They were fine, happy in HS and athletic who started having the effects in their 20s and were diagnosed with the disease.

If you have an IPad you can go to the App Store and download the 60min App and watch it. It is very good.

I will. Thank you.

One thing that really frustrates me about the theory of him hitting his head and not knowing who is. Is that he had the mindset to open his duffle bag take something specific out?I mean does that sound like someone who forgot who he was or suffered some crazy head injury?

Did he, or was it never zipped? Seeing how he left behind so many things, what would he take?

JMO we are reaching a point where I feel amnesia is really unlikely. I know it occurs, but I cannot believe someone would not have seen this rather noticeable looking man in or around Castiac in the day or two right after the accident, acting confused. He would really stand out, IMO, especially if his clothes and maybe his face were bloodied, etc.

It seems like the "sightings" were all much later, but as far as I know, none matched that first day or two when it would most likely have been him.

I honestly have no idea what to think, except that I feel he was in a state of some kind. I fear that if not in the lake, he may have decided to walk and then lay down to rest a while. He may still be out there. Searchers miss victims all too often,JMO.

In many of the cases I cited above, where someone suffered a head injury and amnesia or global, transient amnesia or amnesia from dissassociative fugue, none of them appeared to have been walking around either bloody or confused. They just started wandering, some working or hitching along the way, creating a different identity.

We have actually discussed this numerous times on this thread. Not one case I cited when some form of amnesia was at play, due to head injury or otherwise, was the person wandering around acting oddly or befuddled. So can we at the very least, entertain the possibility that, like these other cases, Bryce may have suffered some sort or issue that caused him not to recall his identity, but appear somewhat normal? Can we at least entertain that possibility?

I totally agree that Bryce is unlikely to have suffered a hideous and bloody brain injury leading to total amnesia and have wandered out of the area, and just be stumbling around, clearly ill, with no one noticing him for over a month.

But again, not one of the numerous cases I cited include that scenario. There actually are other amnesia scenarios that exist.

Unfortunately, Bryce being not alive is a possibility...just as it was for Dylan and for Adrienne and too many others. Young people are not often able to stay "hidden" for a long period of time if they have never really had to take care of themselves before. It seems as though Bryce was insulated, in a way, being an only child, so close with his parents, etc.

Of course no one wants anything but for him to be safe and well...but as we know, wishing does not always make it so.

I'm having a really hard time believing that Bryce is dead. I'm having a really hard time reading that Bryce is dead.

I guess somewhere in me, I have to accept that it's a possibility, but I'm not there yet.

I believed Dylan Redwine was alive for 6 months when in fact he was dead. I keep trying ot remember that so I don't make the same mistake again, but frankly, it hurts my heart to read the speculation that he's dead.

With that 16 hours in Buttonwillow, I'm thinking instead of him walking out of Castaic park to the roads outside of it and getting in a car with a stranger who murdered him, he got in a car with someone he had arranged to pick him up while he was in Buttonwillow.

It doesn't answer for this many weeks later he still hasn't surfaced, but I'm a glass half full kinda girl. I'm hoping for the best. It doesn't seem like he would do this to his parents though. But something happened. He did something that got him where he is now. He evaded his mother's phone calls all day until he was forced to call her. Why did he do that? What else is he capable of doing? Something was wrong with that whole trip, starting with not letting anyone know where he was going, to avoiding talking to his mother, to it taking so long to get down south, to the crash. IMO

We all want to believe Bryce is fine and not deceased but sometimes if you look in all directions and say for instance foul play looking for a bad guy it can lead to the good guy. If we just focus on one direction we may never find Bryce. All doors are wide open at this point unless one or more of the posters have some direct concrete evidence that they are not sharing and are holding back which I kind of have a feeling this is the case.

We are not saying the criminal is from Castaic but could be from anywhere who pulled off the freeway and gave Bryce a lift. Totally random Castaic is not far from LA.

There is crime around Castaic Lake the Laspisas car and others were broken into in the parking lot during the search for Bryce at Castaic Lake. Crime is EVERYWHERE. [modsnip]

The girls body parts were found in Whittier yesterday as per the article link I provided. Whittier was voted top city in the US to live in.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ge...ittier-named-one-of-best-places-to-live-in-us

Yes, crime is everywhere, but then so is "no crime". I'd wager that "no crime" is far more abundant than crime. Analogical speculation is a cheap speculation.

We are not saying the criminal is from Castaic but could be from anywhere who pulled off the freeway and gave Bryce a lift. Totally random Castaic is not far from LA.

There is crime around Castaic Lake the Laspisas car and others were broken into in the parking lot during the search for Bryce at Castaic Lake. Crime is EVERYWHERE. [modsnip]

The girls body parts were found in Whittier yesterday as per the article link I provided. Whittier was voted top city in the US to live in.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ge...ittier-named-one-of-best-places-to-live-in-us

I don't need statistics or articles to know what's going on in my town. I knew what happened that day with the car break in. It was a shameful situation but that doesn't mean that's the "norm" as it's being portrayed. In the area where he wound up after he walked down the side of the dam (staying away from the only main road) leads to the park. Once you get to RR road you hit homes, office where the sheriffs boats are kept etc and a little further up the road is a small construction company. There are no thru roads here so why would there be someone just happen to be waiting there for an opportunity? Doesn't add up.

Early on I felt pretty certain he was dead. But the body wasn't his and his body has never been found. I think if in the lake it is more probable that he would have surfaced long ago and if he was laying out in the high desert somewhere, I feel cadaver dogs, search dogs and/or vultures would have led to him.

So, that combined with the search dogs scenting him Out of the area, and the numerous cases ive cited, I have tremendous hope at this point.

Unfortunately, Bryce being not alive is a possibility...just as it was for Dylan and for Adrienne and too many others. Young people are not often able to stay "hidden" for a long period of time if they have never really had to take care of themselves before. It seems as though Bryce was insulated, in a way, being an only child, so close with his parents, etc.

Of course no one wants anything but for him to be safe and well...but as we know, wishing does not always make it so.
I was sure Linnea Lomax had voluntarily disappeared based on the behaviors I saw from her parents- there were things that really disturbed me with the way they handled things, but Linnea decided to commit suicide.

I'm having a moment...bare with me :)

Need to get these times straightened out....getting stuck on the 10hrs quoted on the timeline....
Gas was called for at 9am and Christian arrived at 12 pm
If the 2nd Roadside check from Christian was hours after the first(12.30), which then gave light to Bryce being at the rest area for 10hrs ,that would mean Christian saw Bryce again around 5pm because it takes around 6hrs from Chico to Rocklin to Buttonwillow,assuming he got to Buttonwillow around 7am and assuming he was at his flat in Rocklin at 1am....then his Mum filed a missing persons report at 7.16pm.....
After only around 2hrs when Christian saw him and reported back to Mum.....then a missing report was filed?
Why,was it because he was not answering his phone and maybe sleeping?
Bryce must have slept at some point, no? ... 12.30pm -ish until ?? 2nd check?? 5pm -ish then moved to Lagoon drive ?pm until Police check at 9pm ...
Even give or take an hour or so either side .... it was still 14-16hrs in Buttonwillow,Lagoon drive area

I feel like a yoyo ...I can entertain all theories but would like to think that Bryce just needs time out and he is safe somewhere.....

What really confuses me is Police took report seriously after a short period of time for an adult. Most people get the standard, he's an adult, he can choose to be on his own, he's young and sowing his oats, wait 24 hours, ect.

Or lack of a scent for cadaver dogs, lack of evidence of a struggle, etc.

Oh boy. I don;t think I entertained that notion. That's a scary possibility. Hitchhikers have been harmed on various occasions, by whackos.

Here's what I found:

For the record, I think all the info is very relevant to determining what happened to Bryce. However, at this stage, it may not be relevant to US to determine where he is and to helping to find him.

No matter what scenario is likely to be at play, the ruling out process and the actions with regard to getting the word out and dealing with sightings, are pretty much the same. The family seems to be addressing all possibilities, BTW.

These stories are astounding and really teach me something every time I read one. It's very scary.

I agree that schizophrenia, while onset may be triggered by drug usage, is not caused by drug usage, although psychosis in general may be.

Oops! I keep calling i9t Chico, when it's really Rocklin. My apologies!
Actually, Bryce's apartment was in Roseville- N. Sacramento area. Rocklin where the college is is closer to Auburn...

:twocents:I think Bryce is very much alive. I also think he will not come out of hiding until the peering eyes and billboards go away. For him to come out at this moment would mean him having to do a lot of explaining and most 19 year olds are not o.k. with that. He is quite possibly concerned with the legalities of all of this and might be afraid of facing jail time. I personally think if his parents let things die down a bit he will most likely resurface alive and well. :twocents:

Early on I felt pretty certain he was dead. But the body wasn't his and his body has never been found. I think if in the lake it is more probable that he would have surfaced long ago and if he was laying out in the high desert somewhere, I feel cadaver dogs, search dogs and/or vultures would have led to him.

So, that combined with the search dogs scenting him Out of the area, and the numerous cases ive cited, I have tremendous hope at this point.

I can understand if Bryce has had a manic episode .... peaked whilst in Castaic , car crashed , feeling fearless he exits the lake area and hitches a lift......
the Purple Cab is still unaccounted for.....
That mania could last a while then there would be the come down from that...a big massive bump down to earth,and shattered....he would have to gather himself back together to function within his present surroundings which could be anywhere by now......
From what I have read and seen If you are having an episode ,most do not want to see, or cannot ,communicate with family or anyone close,especially if you have no clue what is going on inside your head.......because you are and have been that far "out there" it can only take either yourself or medication to pull you back.....to become more stable.
But I do agree that you can function normally and what would seem to be quite normal to outsiders....but inside you are not......and then if you add on the knowledge that there has been a full scale campaign to find you.....would you go home?
So even if he has or has not had an episode or walked away on his own accord ,I agree that it would take a lot to get over the fear ,embarrassment, feeling heartbroken ,very dramatic and traumatic......

How would you begin to get in touch again?
Is there an anonymous number he can phone?
Who was his closest confidant?

I will. Thank you.

In many of the cases I cited above, where someone suffered a head injury and amnesia or global, transient amnesia or amnesia from dissassociative fugue, none of them appeared to have been walking around either bloody or confused. They just started wandering, some working or hitching along the way, creating a different identity.

We have actually discussed this numerous times on this thread. Not one case I cited when some form of amnesia was at play, due to head injury or otherwise, was the person wandering around acting oddly or befuddled. So can we at the very least, entertain the possibility that, like these other cases, Bryce may have suffered some sort or issue that caused him not to recall his identity, but appear somewhat normal? Can we at least entertain that possibility?

I totally agree that Bryce is unlikely to have suffered a hideous and bloody brain injury leading to total amnesia and have wandered out of the area, and just be stumbling around, clearly ill, with no one noticing him for over a month.

But again, not one of the numerous cases I cited include that scenario. There actually are other amnesia scenarios that exist.

You are correct, a head injury of some sort cannot be ruled out.

Thank you

Really, there has not been a lot of recent publicity. Not so much as to drive one underground, I would say. As someone said earlier, some of his friends did not even know he was missing.

What? Bryce conveniently ran out of gas at a rest stop? Isn't this story a bit ridiculous?
Okay, I'll take a break and think things over. :waitasec::doorhide::chillout::eek:hdear:

I personally think he ran out of gas sleeping with the a/c on and they probably brought it fairly quickly and then sent the survey out to the policy holder at noon.

Thanks for this Gitana. That's why I don't feel he's dead. There is nothing pointing to it. No body, the dogs and vultures haven't alerted on one. If he went into the lake, there is no way he could have gotten far enough out there to sink before it got light and the police could visually see a body in the water.

I just keep going back to all those hours in Buttonwillow. Something was afoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth