CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few days I followed the case of a young woman who disappeared under the most ominous, suspicious circumstances in the early hours. No history of disappearing. No keys, phone or money with her. I was certain there was no hope.

She has turned up safe and well, in another town altogether. It has really made me reconsider the circumstances under which people can disappear voluntarily.

Over the past few days I followed the case of a young woman who disappeared under the most ominous, suspicious circumstances in the early hours. No history of disappearing. No keys, phone or money with her. I was certain there was no hope.

She has turned up safe and well, in another town altogether. It has really made me reconsider the circumstances under which people can disappear voluntarily.

zwiebel, I would like to check out that case… can you direct me to the thread?

After the candlelight vigil that I organized for Bryce at Sierra College, Bryce's friends and I posted Bryce's missing flyers all over campus. Hopefully they are still up there.

I hope so! I had to postpone last night's trip but I think during the day during the week is probably better anyway. I'll definitely look for his flyers. Hugs to you kslyfoxy, I hope you're doing okay.

I too, have been stunned and completely preoccupied with the McStay case this past week. But I have not forgotten about Bryce.

Actually, on Friday night I had a vivid dream about him. In the dream he was safe and we had a wonderful conversation and he was so sweet, with that same great smile we see in pictures of him. I woke up so disappointed that it was just a dream.

Of course I am not a psychic or anything-- it was just a dream. :(

Dreams always have a deeper meaning :)

Is this the girl from Wisconsin who walked into a Chicago police station after being missing for several days?

Not to be a downer but, the longer a person is missing, the less likely it is that they're voluntarily missing. Although not impossible.

Oops, no another case. There was another one like that recently too. The young woman had one little girl and went missing but was found safe.

This is a very good and remarkable thing - the USPS features the missing - and Bryce's poster is here too. Might be a lot of people know about this, tho' I must have been under a rock as I never saw this before. :doh: Here's the US Postal Service page with Bryce's poster:
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2013/pb22376/html/po_001.htm

Every bit of news and spread of the information on the missing does help. Gives me hope....

As long as it does not backfire, as in it kind of makes it sound like he is out there, reacting like a 12-year old who ran away because he might be in trouble. If he is alive and okay, he might be offended and choose to stay away. I just have not seen a poster like that for a 19-year old man, I guess. But I understand their reasons and their hoping. I wish I felt he was alive and able to see their posts. Always, JMO.

Well, do you have any suggestions as to what Bryce's loved ones should do at this point? What would you do if that was your son?

I just kind of see this family as criticized no matter what they try. No matter what, it;s always the wrong thing and I wonder what people would do if they, God forbid, ever had to be in their shoes.

This is a very good and remarkable thing - the USPS features the missing - and Bryce's poster is here too. Might be a lot of people know about this, tho' I must have been under a rock as I never saw this before. :doh: Here's the US Postal Service page with Bryce's poster:
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2013/pb22376/html/po_001.htm

Every bit of news and spread of the information on the missing does help. Gives me hope....

It gives me hope too. I'm gratified that the USPS is helping the missing in this manner.

Well, do you have any suggestions as to what Bryce's loved ones should do at this point? What would you do if that was your son?

I just kind of see this family as criticized no matter what they try. No matter what, it;s always the wrong thing and I wonder what people would do if they, God forbid, ever had to be in their shoes.

It gives me hope too. I'm gratified that the USPS is helping the missing in this manner.

Tim Miller with TES? John Walsh America's Most Wanted? DR Phil Show? Nancy Grace? Investigation Discovery show called Disappeared? GMA-Good Morning America? Katie Couric Show?

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared

This show is great. It has solved many cases by tipsters that call in after the show.
http://www.amw.com/

I think the time has come to seriously reach out to these resources. No truths barred and no hiding pertinent info. Time for anyone who knows something to step up to the plate with details that can help find Bryce. This is America nothing shocks us. Im sure whatever may be covered up is not that bad and shouldn't be embarrassed. Who gives a darn as long as we find him sooner than later. Please come clean with the details NOW!!!!!

Been viewing the McStay family threads. Tim Miller owner of TES helped out in the missing McStay family case and is seen in YouTube videos with MM walking/ checking out the Fallbrook house in CA so he does come to Cali. I'm sure Tim would bring his horses, dogs, and ATV team to Castaic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tim Miller with TES? John Walsh America's Most Wanted? DR Phil Show? Nancy Grace? Investigation Discovery show called Disappeared? GMA-Good Morning America? Katie Couric Show?

This show is great. It has solved many cases by tipsters that call in after the show.

I think the time has come to seriously reach out to these resources. No truths barred and no hiding pertinent info. Time for anyone who knows something to step up to the plate with details that can help find Bryce. This is America nothing shocks us. Im sure whatever may be covered up is not that bad and shouldn't be embarrassed. Who gives a darn as long as we find him sooner than later. Please come clean with the details NOW!!!!!

Been viewing the McStay family threads. Tim Miller owner of TES helped out in the missing McStay family case and is seen in YouTube videos with MM walking/ checking out the Fallbrook house in CA so he does come to Cali. I'm sure Tim would bring his horses, dogs, and ATV team to Castaic.

TES/Tim Miller was contacted early on but without the go ahead from LE their hands were pretty much tied. That is how I remember that issue but I could be wrong and if so someone will hopefully come along and correct me.
AMW is no longer doing new shows-I think they were cancelled in March. I've heard that the family hired a PI but not sure what is going on with that. I honestly believe they are doing the best that they can with what they have at the moment.

TES/Tim Miller was contacted early on but without the go ahead from LE their hands were pretty much tied. That is how I remember that issue but I could be wrong and if so someone will hopefully come along and correct me.
AMW is no longer doing new shows-I think they were cancelled in March. I've heard that the family hired a PI but not sure what is going on with that. I honestly believe they are doing the best that they can with what they have at the moment.

I think I would write a standard 1 or 2 page letter explaining the very sad story of Bryce and the mysterious circumstances surrounding the case. Scan the story and just email or fax them out to all the networks. As many as you can find even newspapers and these streaming news channels you see on Roku's. Its an intriguing case and I'm sure one of the networks would love to pick it up as many of them probably have a college student of their own and would want to help.

I would suggest a two pronged attack.

Media blitz as suggested. Try to get the word out to every and any show and network that will carry it.

Contact the Civil Air Patrol and any military aviation units in the area and do a many fly overs at low altitude as possible in a grid pattern to cover the more remote areas a second time. If possible, request the husband and wife team and their flying wing SAR drone or any available SAR drone team. Looking at the Google Earth view, there is a lot of wild and empty territory that should be covered. Lost and disoriented individuals can wander quite a ways before they succumb to the elements and lack of food/water.

Beautiful! Couldn't have said it better myself! :goodpost:

I think I would write a standard 1 or 2 page letter explaining the very sad story of Bryce and the mysterious circumstances surrounding the case. Scan the story and just email or fax them out to all the networks. As many as you can find even newspapers and these streaming news channels you see on Roku's. Its an intriguing case and I'm sure one of the networks would love to pick it up as many of them probably have a college student of their own and would want to help.

I very recently sent an e mail to the family giving them several e mail addresses for the various producers of these types of shows. I never heard anything back from them.

I do hope they have finally hired a private investigator. I think that should have been done a long time ago, if it wasn't.

I would also like to see more from the family either on here, FB or in the media. It's starting to feel like they don't want anymore help. Hopefully this isn't the case because I feel like Bryce is not going to be found without the help of the public.

It's very clear to me that people are very quickly losing interest in this case, especially in light of the McStay family tragedy. I've noticed the number of people "liking" the FB page is going backwards. As others have said it's going to be extremely difficult to garner that much attention and help again.

BBM In my opinion it is not criticism at all. I think it is FRUSTRATION. Plain and simple. Frustration at not hearing much from family. Nothing more in the media. Many of us have been following this since day one and it just sort of feels like everybody has given up. I'm sure the family is doing everything in their power to find Bryce, however, what more can the general public do except keep our eyes wide open and pray that we happen to run in to Bryce somewhere?

I know this sounds really crazy but this thought just crossed my mind. Is it possible Bryce has been located or came home discreetly to his parents Laguna Hills home under conditions as to avoid embarrassment and not be hounded by media questions so they are keeping this quiet till all this dies down and goes cold?

I find it very odd they have not been posting on FB for quite awhile.

Does anyone else think this could be a possibility and LE is aware of this? That would be wonderful if true.

I know this sounds really crazy but this thought just crossed my mind. Is it possible Bryce has been located or came home discreetly to his parents Laguna Hills home under conditions as to avoid embarrassment and not be hounded by media questions so they are keeping this quiet till all this dies down and goes cold?

I find it very odd they have not been posting on FB for quite awhile.

Does anyone else think this could be a possibility and LE is aware of this? That would be wonderful if true.

I really don't think so. I think that they, like many other cases, would make a statement that he is home and they wish to have privacy.

I really don't think so. I think that they, like many other cases, would make a statement that he is home and they wish to have privacy.

Yes, that's what I thought. Wishful thinking on my part :)

I would suggest a two pronged attack.

Media blitz as suggested. Try to get the word out to every and any show and network that will carry it.

Contact the Civil Air Patrol and any military aviation units in the area and do a many fly overs at low altitude as possible in a grid pattern to cover the more remote areas a second time. If possible, request the husband and wife team and their flying wing SAR drone or any available SAR drone team. Looking at the Google Earth view, there is a lot of wild and empty territory that should be covered. Lost and disoriented individuals can wander quite a ways before they succumb to the elements and lack of food/water.

Great suggestions here.

I very recently sent an e mail to the family giving them several e mail addresses for the various producers of these types of shows. I never heard anything back from them.

I do hope they have finally hired a private investigator. I think that should have been done a long time ago, if it wasn't.

I would also like to see more from the family either on here, FB or in the media. It's starting to feel like they don't want anymore help. Hopefully this isn't the case because I feel like Bryce is not going to be found without the help of the public.

It's very clear to me that people are very quickly losing interest in this case, especially in light of the McStay family tragedy. I've noticed the number of people "liking" the FB page is going backwards. As others have said it's going to be extremely difficult to garner that much attention and help again.

I agree with keeping the case publicized. They did hire a PI long ago. See that "finally" in your post seems like snarky criticism to me.

I find it very hard to believe that people are unliking a missing persons fb page.

BBM In my opinion it is not criticism at all. I think it is FRUSTRATION. Plain and simple. Frustration at not hearing much from family. Nothing more in the media. Many of us have been following this since day one and it just sort of feels like everybody has given up. I'm sure the family is doing everything in their power to find Bryce, however, what more can the general public do except keep our eyes wide open and pray that we happen to run in to Bryce somewhere?

Print flyers and hand them out at homeless shelters or to homeless people you feel safe approaching. Handing out flyers at truck stops. Spreading the word about Bryce to friends and family.

If anyone thinks Bryce's family and friends have given up, they must not know love, IMO nor are coming close to imagining what this must be like for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member