CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After much discussion, and the presence of blood droplets inside the vehicle, and the dog trailing from the vehicle and not the upper road at all, the consensus was that Bryce was, indeed, in the vehicle. I can just make out the hairline fracture near the top edge of the window, driver side, I believe.

The evidence used in the surmised verdict was: blood in the vehicle that had landed while the vehicle was laying on the passenger side; the hairline fracture in the glass windshield; and the dog scenting from the vehicle itself.

Hope that helps :)

:wave: re the bold - I truly can NOT see ANY hairline fractures on the windshield. I have attached the picture from the quote, and if you could circle or somehow point out "where" this hairline fracture is?? :waitasec:
TIA!

Attachments

• BrycesCar.jpg
    BrycesCar.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 36
If Bryce is deceased which I believe he is because of all the bizarre events and behavior that led up to his missing and that he is not home by now. What 19 year old young man wouldn't want to be home for Xmas with the possibility of getting the new PS4 or Xbox just released especially if you are a gamer? Hottest thing right now. Bryce being an only child Im sure he is treated quite well with lots of gifts under that tree and oodles of love.

He is only 19 a teen with two very loving parents and family that don't seem in anyway dysfunctional, abusive, etc...There is no valid reason for him to go missing and start some new hidden life. I don't believe that theory at all, even if he met another girl which happens all the time at that age you don't go take off and start a new life without a word, thats ridiculous. I'm sure he could have easily confided in his parents about anything. I don't believe he intentionally committed suicide as he just bought the new Madden game. If your going to kill yourself would you be buying the newest game? Take a laptop and pack a bag of clothes? Highly doubt it.

Sadly, I feel foul play was involved here just not sure if it started before or after his journey to Button Willow, maybe meeting up with someone he owed money to or something else that went awry. Possibly, an evil bad person who saw Bryce walking, looking, disoriented and distressed could have offered him a ride, maybe even hung out, partied a little together. Bryce could have been buying a little time till his folks cooled down believing they would be mad at him for crashing the truck especially after the keys being taken away and given back earlier. The perp could be a major drug addict, ex-con, wanted felon, parolee, evil and very crazy, fed Bryce drugs and he OD and died or was murdered intentionally by this stranger who got pissed at something and had a temper.

You probably think well LE said no signs of foul play but they also said that in the McStay and thousands of other cases. If someone randomly picked him up what signs of foul play would there possibly be without a video camera or eyewitness? Dogs tracked him to the road so if a random stranger gave him a lift down the road and murdered him later somewhere else there would be no sign of foul play near the scene. LE is not always correct.

I pray that whoever hurt Bryce this innocent young man put him in a place that he will eventually be found and recovered so his poor family can be at peace and be able to give their son a proper burial and know where he is and can visit him.

As most of you know this has been my gut feelings all along. I hope to God I am wrong and wish I was but I feel someone has killed him. If someone has I hope they rot in hell and get caught brought to justice and have to face our maker in the end.

It's been almost 4 months enough time has passed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe in the power of prayer and hope/trust the L family is actively doing
whatever it takes to bring their boy home (eg PI; search; following up on
any/all leads; have results of all aspects of LE investigation - phone/computer/?; etc.)

While we wait, wishing the L family and all you kind souls very happy holidays
filled with love, family and friends! :heart:

Praying for Bryce and his family.
I am still holding out hope that Bryce is alive, confused and wandering somewhere. Pray that he is found and home in time for Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Over the holidays I have been thinking a lot about Bryce, his family and his girlfriend. For whatever reason I had concluded that Bryce was voluntarily missing and would resurface eventually. For today I no longer feel this way. I just think he would have come home for the holidays if he were able to. I've often wondered why the family is so absolutely convinced he isn't in or around the lake area therefore not conducting any more searches of same. A person doesn't just vanish in to thin air. Poof! They're gone?

I sincerely hope the P.I. has been able to come up with some leads or information that's helpful to bringing closure for the family and friends that love Bryce so desperately.

One final thought. If I could have just one question answered by the family it would be: In your heart of hearts, what do you think happened to Bryce? Does anybody else have just ONE question they would like answered?

Over the holidays I have been thinking a lot about Bryce, his family and his girlfriend. For whatever reason I had concluded that Bryce was voluntarily missing and would resurface eventually. For today I no longer feel this way. I just think he would have come home for the holidays if he were able to. I've often wondered why the family is so absolutely convinced he isn't in or around the lake area therefore not conducting any more searches of same. A person doesn't just vanish in to thin air. Poof! They're gone?

I sincerely hope the P.I. has been able to come up with some leads or information that's helpful to bringing closure for the family and friends that love Bryce so desperately.

One final thought. If I could have just one question answered by the family it would be: In your heart of hearts, what do you think happened to Bryce? Does anybody else have just ONE question they would like answered?

I think his family doesn't want to think the worst and give up hope but I'm sure they know there is a strong probability he is no longer with us but refuse to believe it. If it was my Son I would never give up hope NEVER.

Thanks for your input. Sadly people do vanish and poof into thin air if they are killed and or deceased.

Here in LA's surrounding areas three different sets of skeletal remains at different locations were found in the last couple of weeks and have been sent to the busy LA coroner. I'm very frustrated because there is no information if they have been identified or the outcome. It seems they find a dead body every week here. It makes me so sad that some are never identified. Last week a man murdered his girlfriend and admitted burying her in his backyard. Made me think that probably happens quite a bit because how would anyone know since it's your own private backyard unless someone sees you with a shovel and digging out a two story window next door.

Poor Bryce it just sickens me that this young man who had so much going for him and so many people that love him to disappear in this way is such a horrible tragedy. Bryce is probably deceased somewhere and I hope and pray the good lord lets him be found so he can go home to his family and catch his killer.

IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, while I do not believe Bryce is likely to be alive, I also do not see any reason to think someone murdered him. I think if his body is in the area, he may well have been trying to hide as much as anything, maybe due to paranoia, confusion or of getting arrested. His parents have repeatedly said (to him) that he is not in trouble, which makes me think they believe he would have thought he was. Searching for someone who may have been purposely hiding would be more challenging, IMO, than for a possible accident victim. But I think it needs to be done.

At this point, while I do not believe Bryce is likely to be alive, I also do not see any reason to think someone murdered him. I think if his body is in the area, he may well have been trying to hide as much as anything, maybe due to paranoia, confusion or of getting arrested. His parents have repeatedly said (to him) that he is not in trouble, which makes me think they believe he would have thought he was. Searching for someone who may have been purposely hiding would be more challenging, IMO, than for a possible accident victim. But I think it needs to be done.

Dogs scent led them to the road. They did helicopter searches and LE believes he's not in that area. May or may not be. I think a not so nice person or persons gave him a ride that day out of the area and that was the end. Kslyfoxy said Bryce was in great shape and could have walked miles without tiring. It was in the triple digits that week. My husband and I do some very rough steep 4 wheelin and that drop off doesn't seem too terribly steep as Kslyfoxy said it looked steeper than it actually was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tend to agree with you. For some reason I find it hard to believe Bryce was murdered by a stranger. The chances of a 19 year old man being murdered by a random stranger are pretty unlikely, in my opinion. I live in So Cali and we do have a very high murder rate, however, most murders are either gang related or the deceased has ties to the murderer.

Bryce may or may not be around the lake area. I do believe he is deceased, however, I tend to think he took his own life. I think this scenario too would be a hard pill to swallow for his loved ones. I am a mom and I agree with Whiteorchids, I would NEVER give up hope. Unless/until I was given physical evidence to prove otherwise, I would look for my son until I'm dead, as most, if not all, parents would do the same.

I know there was the dog scent, copter searches, foot searches, etc. I just think more searches need to be done. If law enforcement and the family are absolutely convinced 100% that he's not in or around the lake then spread out! Personally I'm not convinced that he's not in or around the lake and if it were my son I wouldn't take what LE says as gospel. Sadly as lay people we have to rely on LE to give us direction in a scenario like this and I just don't know how much work/effort a very busy LASD put in to a 19 year old young man, especially if they thought he may have been in to drugs and/or missing on his own.

The burning body that was found near Castaic Lake near when Bryce went missing has always bothered me. The body was NOT Bryce, but something about the odds of that incident and Bryce's accident/disappearance happening so close together near the same lake in a town that has less than 20,000 residents (according to the 2010 census) has always kinda rubbed me weird since hearing about it.

-Article stating that body wasn't Bryce: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/local/la-me-ln-castaic-lake-body-coronor-20130912

- "But authorities said the victim was Lamondre Deon Miles, 35, who lived in the unincorporated Florence-Firestone neighborhood that borders South Los Angeles. Miles was shot multiple times in the torso in Hawthorne and was dead before his body was dumped in the Castaic area and set on fire, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/11/local/la-me-ln-3-arrested-burning-body-20130911

- Bryce went missing three days before Miles was killed.
"About 2 p.m. on Sept. 3, Miles was riding with the suspects in a black, 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo on Crenshaw Boulevard near the 105 Freeway in Hawthorne. The suspects allegedly shot Miles several times in the torso.Miles' burning body was found the following morning."
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Burned-Body-IDd-3-Arrested-223392601.html

I'm not wondering so much if the same people who dumped Miles's body were responsible somehow for Bryce's disappearance but if the area where Bryce disappeared is one where people go to do illegal things and Bryce saw something he shouldn't have, caught a ride with the wrong person, was carjacked and then wrecked, etc, and that led to his disappearance. (I hope that makes sense.)

Also, does anyone know if Lake Piru and Pyramid Lake (& their surrounding areas) have been searched? Just in case....

The burning body that was found near Castaic Lake near when Bryce went missing has always bothered me. The body was NOT Bryce, but something about the odds of that incident and Bryce's accident/disappearance happening so close together near the same lake in a town that has less than 20,000 residents (according to the 2010 census) has always kinda rubbed me weird since hearing about it.

-Article stating that body wasn't Bryce: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/local/la-me-ln-castaic-lake-body-coronor-20130912

- "But authorities said the victim was Lamondre Deon Miles, 35, who lived in the unincorporated Florence-Firestone neighborhood that borders South Los Angeles. Miles was shot multiple times in the torso in Hawthorne and was dead before his body was dumped in the Castaic area and set on fire, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/11/local/la-me-ln-3-arrested-burning-body-20130911

- Bryce went missing three days before Miles was killed.
"About 2 p.m. on Sept. 3, Miles was riding with the suspects in a black, 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo on Crenshaw Boulevard near the 105 Freeway in Hawthorne. The suspects allegedly shot Miles several times in the torso.Miles' burning body was found the following morning."
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Burned-Body-IDd-3-Arrested-223392601.html

I'm not wondering so much if the same people who dumped Miles's body were responsible somehow for Bryce's disappearance but if the area where Bryce disappeared is one where people go to do illegal things and Bryce saw something he shouldn't have, caught a ride with the wrong person, was carjacked and then wrecked, etc, and that led to his disappearance. (I hope that makes sense.)

Great post!! You and me both. Too coincendental!!! I suspect foul play. I don't believe he committed suicide.

Great post!! You and me both. Too coincendental!!! I suspect foul play. I don't believe he committed suicide.

yeah, i don't think he met with foul play. all of the signs of a mentally unstable person were there in the days up to his disappearanc
e. logically suicide or starting a new life seem to be the most probable.

So sorry we are entering a new year without Bryce being found. Fireworks are already being released here, as they start long before midnight. This day will be so difficult for Bryce's loved ones, with so many other people celebrating. I hope 2014 brings some news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member