CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though in the beginning, I didn't believe that Bryce was in the lake, I also felt if he was he would have surfaced by now. But two factors have change my opinion on whether there should be another lake search. 1. He's been missing a year now, and 2. the water is so low it would make a water search so much easier now then it would have say 6 or 9 months ago.

I'm still not willing to put all my eggs in the lake basket, but I do believe one more shot should be given of the lake since it's depth has decreased. With him being gone a year now, I'm more open to the idea that he's indeed in the lake. IMO

Really??? I've followed this case very closely and I don't remember anything about a sibling. I'm losing it. :gaah:

Actually I never did either. Me a close follower as well. I just went along with it lol.

Actually I never did either. Me a close follower as well. I just went along with it lol.

Thank you. I see now that I am not alone. Others haven't heard anything about a sibling either so maybe I'm not losing it, yet. LOL

why would they take something like that off of the page, and why are there no results of what was found? Or was there and it was found not to be him?

In this article, it states the "floating body" was pulled from the river. Why wouldn't BL's body be doing the same thing - floating, if he indeed was in the lake?

In this article, it states the "floating body" was pulled from the river. Why wouldn't BL's body be doing the same thing - floating, if he indeed was in the lake?

Apparently not all bodies float to the top. Some get caught on weeds and a bunch of other muck that is at the bottom of these water ways that can hold a body down for an undetermined amount of time. fwiw

Even though in the beginning, I didn't believe that Bryce was in the lake, I also felt if he was he would have surfaced by now. But two factors have change my opinion on whether there should be another lake search. 1. He's been missing a year now, and 2. the water is so low it would make a water search so much easier now then it would have say 6 or 9 months ago.

I'm still not willing to put all my eggs in the lake basket, but I do believe one more shot should be given of the lake since it's depth has decreased. With him being gone a year now, I'm more open to the idea that he's indeed in the lake. IMO

Okay...well, I think the general consensus is that THE LAKE NEEDS TO BE CHECKED AGAIN, AND NOW! (While it is so very, very low).
That said, and my apologies for the emphatic "cap shout", but this is indeed baffling. Here are the only explanations I can come up with that explains why another lake search isn't underway, during this opportune time: (when the lake is so low!)
1. They know for certain that Bryce isn't in the lake?
2. LE has refused to do another search (out of resources)
3. Family does not have any resources to check the lake themselves, their own search
4. Family is paralyzed with grief, in denial, can't act
5. Family has other urgent issues they have to deal with and can't put focus on a search right now
6. Family has another hot lead they are pursuing

What else?

I'm wondering if they aren't all convinced he isn't in there. But I'd like to know why they aren't convinced he's in there or they are convinced he's not. kwim? Otherwise, they would have search equipment down there to take this terrific opportunity to search it again. One last time.

Okay...well, I think the general consensus is that THE LAKE NEEDS TO BE CHECKED AGAIN, AND NOW! (While it is so very, very low).
That said, and my apologies for the emphatic "cap shout", but this is indeed baffling. Here are the only explanations I can come up with that explains why another lake search isn't underway, during this opportune time: (when the lake is so low!)
1. They know for certain that Bryce isn't in the lake?
2. LE has refused to do another search (out of resources)
3. Family does not have any resources to check the lake themselves, their own search
4. Family is paralyzed with grief, in denial, can't act
5. Family has other urgent issues they have to deal with and can't put focus on a search right now
6. Family has another hot lead they are pursuing

What else?

My vote is 4 but don't know if paralyzed but more like in denial as KL signed up recently for a charity walk for cancer and they do a lot with their wine society group according to her FB. Maybe just hard to be at the lake but they wouldn't have to be there. Many links we have sent in the past were for volunteers (no charge) but family didn't act on it. How can LE stop foot or water search on a public lake? I think that would be foolish as media would be all over this in no time. Months ago a group was organizing another search for Bryce but the family called if off. They also recently pulled out as guests on Tricia's True Crime Radio show.

To tell the truth I don't know what to make of any of this.

The lake is very low due to the drought crisis here in CA

Since the lake is public, it should not be an issue for a group of "recreational" divers to have an impromptu "training dive". If they "just happen" to stumble across evidence...well, it was just some crazy dumb luck...right? Have I seen this happen before? Ummmm, "possibly".... :innocent:

Since the lake is public, it should not be an issue for a group of "recreational" divers to have an impromptu "training dive". If they "just happen" to stumble across evidence...well, it was just some crazy dumb luck...right? Have I seen this happen before? Ummmm, "possibly".... :innocent:

I like the way you think, Trackergd!

:thumb:

Really??? I've followed this case very closely and I don't remember anything about a sibling. I'm losing it. :gaah:

I do remember it, but the discussion didn't get very far at all before it was stopped. There was speculation at the time that she was a half-sister and discussion of how that would have played into the family dynamics.

It's possible things were even removed (I don't recall), so maybe y'all didn't see those posts.

I have felt from the beginning that Bryce made it out alive after crashing his vehicle. I thought there could be a chance that he perished in or around the lake, but I really thought there were enough indicators to believe there was a possibility that he had fled after the crash and was laying low somewhere.

But after all this time, I do believe he would have surfaced and somehow contacted his loved ones some way or another. He was a guy with lots of family and friends, and he was used to the comforts of his daily life. I don't think he'd been prepared to give that all up for whatever reason.

Whereas before I would say 90% chance alive, 10% chance deceased, I'd now have to flip that and say 90% chance deceased, 10% chance alive.

I have felt from the beginning that Bryce made it out alive after crashing his vehicle. I thought there could be a chance that he perished in or around the lake, but I really thought there were enough indicators to believe there was a possibility that he had fled after the crash and was laying low somewhere.

But after all this time, I do believe he would have surfaced and somehow contacted his loved ones some way or another. He was a guy with lots of family and friends, and he was used to the comforts of his daily life. I don't think he'd been prepared to give that all up for whatever reason.

Whereas before I would say 90% chance alive, 10% chance deceased, I'd now have to flip that and say 90% chance deceased, 10% chance alive.

These are my thoughts exactly, Redux. Sadly, I think the family is in denial and can't/won't believe there is a possibility of him being deceased. Having the lake searched might be too much of a reality for them as they've mentioned that they can't even handle another vigil. Understandably, they need to hold on to a little glimmer of hope.

These are my thoughts exactly, Redux. Sadly, I think the family is in denial and can't/won't believe there is a possibility of him being deceased. Having the lake searched might be too much of a reality for them as they've mentioned that they can't even handle another vigil. Understandably, they need to hold on to a little glimmer of hope.

Agreed.

Of course it's hard but hey your the parents and Bryce needs to be found!! Funerals are very difficult especially a family member but you do it anyway. I believe it is the job of the parents of a missing child to continue searching all avenues to bring them home alive or deceased for a proper burial and not just sit back and wait till something happens to show up especially when right now there is an opportunity to locate him if he's in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran