CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow interesting if that isn't bio dad...that may have sent him over the edge.

Dragracerz (another of BL's uncles who posted here) addressed that. He explained that his brother did say that, but that it was taken out of context in the media (dragracerz' posts, thread #1, posts 437 & 714).

I believe that whatever lead up to Bryce's disappearance is meaningless now. He was clearly upset that's why he told his Mom he needed to let off steam, along with his erratic, bizarre behavior told by KS who was a verified poster on WS. He was obviously going through a bunch of crap causing unstable behavior plus he was only 19 years old. Things can seem so much worse than they really are at that age.

My intuition tells me he is in the lake. I used to waterski on Castaic lake before Bryce went missing. I will not go skiing or boating on the lake again until that lake is searched thoroughly again with sonar. That's how strongly I feel he could be in there.

I agree with you Voice. I listened to the Audio from KFI. Thank you for that. Me as a Mother of two grown adult boys it is surprising how KL keeps her composure amazingly well after just finding out that the burned body at the lake was a male. I would be a complete wreck knowing it could very well be my son. There have been situations with my son that was much less shocking I was crying, hysterical, a complete mess, you name it. Couldn't have kept my composure that well like KL. Much less do a radio show 5 min after seeing that info on the TV.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from Amandafast. She was a very involved poster here on WS in searches and investigating Buttonwillow. She put in a lot of time and effort at her own expense.

I pray for Bryce.

Yeah Amandafast really did a lot I wonder where she has been.

Yeah Amandafast really did a lot I wonder where she has been.

I am in contact with Amandafast and she is doing wonderful. She has other things going on at the moment that are keeping her busy but I'll text her and let her know people are asking about her.

I am in contact with Amandafast and she is doing wonderful. She has other things going on at the moment that are keeping her busy but I'll text her and let her know people are asking about her.
Hey guys! Thanks Cabo! I'm doing well just very pregnant (36 weeks) so been very occupied! I sadly am not optimistic about this case at all anymore. For me its either lake or intentionally ran off and I don't think the current efforts will bring him home. New searches with sonar at the totality of the bottom lake at the very least need to be done, but since the family has not returned to Castaic since the last search many months ago, I doubt that will happen.

:wave: Hi Amanda, congrats and thx for your thoughts on this case!

IIRC, you went to Buttonwillow in search of BL/info - is there anything more you can share with us now? TIA

Why do you think the Ls have ceased looking at the lake and surrounding areas, effective about one month post BL having gone missing? TIA

:wave: Hi Amanda, congrats and thx for your thoughts on this case!

IIRC, you went to Buttonwillow in search of BL/info - is there anything more you can share with us now? TIA

Why do you think the Ls have ceased looking at the lake and surrounding areas, effective about one month post BL having gone missing? TIA
I unfortunately went to BW way too late_ wish I went right away not weeks later. From what I gathered there, he had supposedly met someone (confirmed by a few looking at his photo). The person he was seen with was identified as a local.

I've always been very skeptical about the information given from the Laspisas and the way they reacted to the situation. This all leads me to believe they either knew or suspected he might do something like this or the fact they come from a affluent area and such that they were embarrassed too much would come out that they didn't want shared. Recently on FB, KL mentioned it was too painful for her return to the area.

Over the past year I have flip flopped back and forth so many times on on what I believe happened to Bryce. Right now this is where I stand.....I think he was suicidal leading up to his disappearance which is the "erratic behavior" that KS and his roommate, etc. spoke about leading up to his disappearance (as evidenced by the text messages between Bryce and his roommate that were on the news.) I don't think his family wants that information released. I think it is important to determining his whereabouts. I think there is good reason to believe he took his own life somewhere in the general vicinity of where his car was found. I think he got something out of the bag at the back of his car to facilitate this.

I wanted for so long to believe that he was out there somewhere living a happy life wherever he happened to be. I will continue to pray that is the case and will continue to look for his face in every homeless person and young male "ginger" I encounter.

Hey guys! Thanks Cabo! I'm doing well just very pregnant (36 weeks) so been very occupied! I sadly am not optimistic about this case at all anymore. For me its either lake or intentionally ran off and I don't think the current efforts will bring him home. New searches with sonar at the totality of the bottom lake at the very least need to be done, but since the family has not returned to Castaic since the last search many months ago, I doubt that will happen.

Hey there I mentioned you this morning in my post and low and behold here you are. Wow congrats on your pregnancy. Good to hear your doing well.

Over the past year I have flip flopped back and forth so many times on on what I believe happened to Bryce. Right now this is where I stand.....I think he was suicidal leading up to his disappearance which is the "erratic behavior" that KS and his roommate, etc. spoke about leading up to his disappearance (as evidenced by the text messages between Bryce and his roommate that were on the news.) I don't think his family wants that information released. I think it is important to determining his whereabouts. I think there is good reason to believe he took his own life somewhere in the general vicinity of where his car was found. I think he got something out of the bag at the back of his car to facilitate this.

I wanted for so long to believe that he was out there somewhere living a happy life wherever he happened to be. I will continue to pray that is the case and will continue to look for his face in every homeless person and young male "ginger" I encounter.

This makes a lot of sense. Could it have been the weights taken out of the bag? I can't remember if they were missing from the apt. Does anyone remember?

I unfortunately went to BW way too late_ wish I went right away not weeks later. From what I gathered there, he had supposedly met someone (confirmed by a few looking at his photo). The person he was seen with was identified as a local.

I've always been very skeptical about the information given from the Laspisas and the way they reacted to the situation. This all leads me to believe they either knew or suspected he might do something like this or the fact they come from a affluent area and such that they were embarrassed too much would come out that they didn't want shared. Recently on FB, KL mentioned it was too painful for her return to the area.

So happy you are here, AmandaFast and congrats on your pregnancy! I want to personally THANK YOU for all you did way back when to assist in the search for Bryce and to get us accurate information.

I could not agree more with the BBM portion of your post.

In reference to the person he met, did you get the impression meeting this individual is why he was in Buttonwillow? Or do you think he just kinda started hanging out with someone that he happened to have met when he was there on his own?

TIA!

This makes a lot of sense. Could it have been the weights taken out of the bag? I can't remember if they were missing from the apt. Does anyone remember?

I don't have the quote handy but I believe his weights were NOT missing from his apartment.

It could have been anything, really. Rope, a bottle of pills, a knife, a gun, etc.

BL's Instagram account is still active. It includes his last selfie on 8/27/13 with the video game.

http://instagram.com/thaginggg

Sad, looks like a nice kid. He reminds me of my of our son at that age. We would never stop searching alive or dead we would want to bring him home.

We would never stop or turn down an opportunity of volunteers wanting to help us that's for darn sure. I couldn't live with myself if I thought he could be out there at the bottom of that filthy dirty lake with trash eating fish or laid out somewhere with hungry wild animals.

We would put on our strong be brave parent boots and look for our baby. it's only a little over an hour drive. That's nothing some families children are missing out of the state. What's wrong with these people??

This is why I'm so frustrated. I've seen this posted over and over on the find BL FB page. Please search the lake. The family just doesn't want to period. I don't get it. I'm baffled. No vigils, searches, nothing. I myself would be willing to help search and I'm sure many others as well.

Have just the articles, without added commentary to pls re-search the lake, about the low lake level and/or the one about the recent recovery of the ~20 yr, IIRC, gun/items been posted on the FB page? TIA

If so, deleted as well? TIA

Is there a religious component [:dunno:] that is somehow factoring in to this level of denial and one-year plus avoidance of the lake area? TIA

I'm wondering the same about supporters who continue just offering prayers. JMHO

Is there a religious component [:dunno:] that is somehow factoring in to this level of denial and one-year plus avoidance of the lake area? TIA

I'm wondering the same about supporters who continue just offering prayers. JMHO

Don't know what that could possibly be. Maybe they only want to find a live body and if dead just leave him there. Can't face how his remains would look. That would be hard for any parent but they could leave it up to others to find him and have a proper burial.

No vigil on his year of missing. (Sad)

If he's deceased I'm sure his body would be skeletized by now. Sorry to be gross. Hope not to offend anyone.

Prayers have proven to be very powerful in my personal experience. There is a big difference in prayer and wishful thinking though. The two are often confused.

Prayers have proven to be very powerful in my personal experience.

Agreed!

There is a big difference in prayer and wishful thinking though. The two are often confused.

Please, could you describe how that applies in this particular case? TIA

As I see it, and I could be very wrong, the Ls have been/are exhibiting signs of wishful thinking at this point one year on. And, well-wishers continue kindly offering prayers, one year on, but I question whether or not that action is in part perpetuating the wishful thinking part. JMVHO

From the one month missing mark to current, the focus appears to be only on finding a live BL.

I'm beginning to see signs of two completely different cases having more in common than I ever imagined possible. The JahiM case where her parents are of the belief their brain-dead and coroner certified dead child will "rise" again and this case where no apparent effort is being made, since one month missing, to locate what are sadly, and most likely, missing remains. Both families, in my very humble opinion, are equally misguided. :( I hope I'm wrong on the Ls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298