CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why go through the trouble to crash the truck over an embankment to get yourself injured, break out the back window and leave your cell phone, wallet, cash, ID, laptop, duffle bag? Why not just park the car in a parking lot somewhere and take flight? Going on two years missing no contact whatsoever. Maybe he ended up overdosing somewhere with some druggies he met in Buttonwillow or around Castaic and they dumped him somewhere. I doubt they would drive him to the hospital. Buttonwillow is bad news.

It was 100+ degrees that week. First SAR dogs on the scene with freshest scent probably the blood left in vehicle led LE into the water. I remember watching that video footage on my local news. So I believe at some point he was in that lake to cool off and wash off the blood from the injuries he sustained which could have been a very bad head injury for all we know with internal bleeding to his brain. I just don't think he got very far in that God awful heat. I live near LA it was hitting close to 115°. Going on 2 years. I don't see a good end to this case.
While I tend to agree with your second post here, I have to address the BBM in the first one. It's possible he didn't intend to crash the vehicle. IF he was considering something like what I posted above, and was feeling guilty and crappy about having to address it with his parents, crashing the vehicle might have just been the final straw. I can see how someone might have felt totally trapped and just decided to chuck it all. Normally, people rethink this shortly after such a decision, but especially if he had a head injury, and so close to a major stopping point for all kinds of vehicles, who knows where he might have ended up? There are many places where people will help you out, or you could disappear. As an example, I was just in Yermo (outside of Barstow, CA) a few weeks ago. There are many places a person could hide, camp out, hang out, find help, get free food (if you know how to do it) and this was in December. You could also die there and it might take a while for someone to find you. Point being, Bryce could have gone somewhere else, and still be deceased. Or still be alive, especially if he DID have a plan, as Jo in Calif implied. IMO, the unknown is worse than actually knowing a loved one died because you can never compartmentalize what happened and move on.

This case in particular, is baffling in that the information/suggestions coming from various sources has been so mysterious and seemingly conflicting. While this may seem like a binary conclusion, I suggest that if the family wants full interest and focused volunteerism that could result in a finding....they should either clearly state that they have concrete evidence to suggest Bryce is still alive (regardless of WHY he chose to go missing), *OR* energies should be spent reinvestigating the lake and surrounding area.
Opinion only, or course.

While I tend to agree with your second post here, I have to address the BBM in the first one. It's possible he didn't intend to crash the vehicle. IF he was considering something like what I posted above, and was feeling guilty and crappy about having to address it with his parents, crashing the vehicle might have just been the final straw. I can see how someone might have felt totally trapped and just decided to chuck it all. Normally, people rethink this shortly after such a decision, but especially if he had a head injury, and so close to a major stopping point for all kinds of vehicles, who knows where he might have ended up? There are many places where people will help you out, or you could disappear. As an example, I was just in Yermo (outside of Barstow, CA) a few weeks ago. There are many places a person could hide, camp out, hang out, find help, get free food (if you know how to do it) and this was in December. You could also die there and it might take a while for someone to find you. Point being, Bryce could have gone somewhere else, and still be deceased. Or still be alive, especially if he DID have a plan, as Jo in Calif implied. IMO, the unknown is worse than actually knowing a loved one died because you can never compartmentalize what happened and move on.

This makes a lot of sense. My only other theory was that he decided to "chuck it" and was attempting to drive the SUV into the lake via the boat ramp and could not get around the fences and attempted to go over the embankment not knowing about the drop to the road. No way to know if it was attempted suicide or trying to hide the SUV in the lake.

Every year they check the old roads into the lake near me and find a bunch of cars that they end up towing out. Same think on a boat ramps on rivers close to me.

This case in particular, is baffling in that the information/suggestions coming from various sources has been so mysterious and seemingly conflicting. While this may seem like a binary conclusion, I suggest that if the family wants full interest and focused volunteerism that could result in a finding....they should either clearly state that they have concrete evidence to suggest Bryce is still alive (regardless of WHY he chose to go missing), *OR* energies should be spent reinvestigating the lake and surrounding area.
Opinion only, or course.
This ^^

This makes a lot of sense. My only other theory was that he decided to "chuck it" and was attempting to drive the SUV into the lake via the boat ramp and could not get around the fences and attempted to go over the embankment not knowing about the drop to the road. No way to know if it was attempted suicide or trying to hide the SUV in the lake.

Every year they check the old roads into the lake near me and find a bunch of cars that they end up towing out. Same think on a boat ramps on rivers close to me.

But if you were just trying to get rid of the truck in the lake wouldn't you jump out first instead of staying inside to get injured and have to break out even taking your cash and clothes with you? PI says she knows what he did and to stop the drama. Cold statement IMO. To him they were real problems enough for him to go missing almost 2 years. He must have been dealing with lots of crap and was a real confused kid. This is why so many teens and young adults commit suicide they feel they have no way out. Either way if he did take flight I feel in my heart something very bad happened to this young man.

His GF was closest to him. Friends gossip and gossip can turn to rumor. Why would ex GF KS like that lake be searched again if she believed he was still alive? They talked marriage wouldn't she have heard from Bryce by now if he was still alive?

I was just wondering where you got the information that I would like the lake to be searched again? I haven't said anything like that as far as I remember.

I was just wondering where you got the information that I would like the lake to be searched again? I haven't said anything like that as far as I remember.

:wave: - It was a guess based on your having "liked" the following post on the FB page.

Was my interpretation wrong? TIA

Looks like girlfriend KS thought it was a good idea to research the lake and surrounding area while the lake level was at an all-time low:

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA/posts/847151125329292

Statistically women most often disappear (voluntarily) to escape domestic violence, and men most often run voluntarily due to escape money issues. I remember the family emphasizing Bryce wasn't in trouble. Of course that could have meant due to the crashed car....but was it money too?
I still think the strongest probability is that he is in the lake or nearby, I am sad to say.

:wave: - It was a guess based on your having "liked" the following post on the FB page.

Was my interpretation wrong? TIA

Thanks Questar. That is exactly how I interpreted it. Sorry if I was wrong.

Another way Bryce's file could be closed is if there's another search of Castaic Lake, he is found and it's determined that it's not a homicide.

JMO.

Let's please move on from the discussion of the former PI, ST or we may have to shut the thread for review.

Let's concentrate our efforts on Bryce.

BTW, Merry Holidays to all~

Let's please move on from the discussion of the former PI, ST or we may have to shut the thread for review.

Let's concentrate our efforts on Bryce.

BTW, Merry Holidays to all~

I was wondering if you were going to pop in to shush us :). Happy holidays to you too!

I was wondering if you were going to pop in to shush us :). Happy holidays to you too!

We knew that was coming anytime we bring up ST down it goes. That's too bad. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sending prayers to Bryce's family and friends on what must be a difficult day. May they find comfort in knowing that so many people care and are praying for Bryce, and for them. I hope answers come soon.

But if you were just trying to get rid of the truck in the lake wouldn't you jump out first instead of staying inside to get injured and have to break out even taking your cash and clothes with you? PI says she knows what he did and to stop the drama. Cold statement IMO. To him they were real problems enough for him to go missing almost 2 years. He must have been dealing with lots of crap and was a real confused kid. This is why so many teens and young adults commit suicide they feel they have no way out. Either way if he did take flight I feel in my heart something very bad happened to this young man.

I guess I would have to go look at the spot in person to prove or disprove the scenario in my mind.

What I think happened is that he tried to get to the boat ramp from the access roads. They were locked down for the night. Failing that, he attempted to get to the ramp by driving down the embankment not knowing about the drop off. Had he been able to access the ramp, he would have removed his personal effects and done the rock on the accelerator trick and walked away. No one would have known what happened to him or where he had disappeared. His plan did not work out as expected, and he had to leave the SUV where it was. He still had the presence of mind to get his personal effects from the rear of the vehicle and walk away. Of course the other less likely scenario was to drive into the lake and commit suicide.

He still had the presence of mind to get his personal effects from the rear of the vehicle and walk away.
snipped- what personal effects? it is not known what, if anything, he took out of the bag from the rear of the vehicle....just that the bag appeared to have been open....
per the Find Bryce Laspisa FB " His Toyota Highlander was found crashed in Castaic, CA with all his personal belongings but no Bryce." bbm

sadly, I still believe his remains are some where out in the area surrounding the lake

The telltale for me will be the upcoming holiday. I cannot fathom that he would let the holiday pass and not contact his mom.

It doesn't appear that he's resurfaced this year either. :( Oh how I wish we knew where he was and/or what happened to this young man. Life just is not fair...

It doesn't appear that he's resurfaced this year either. :( Oh how I wish we knew where he was and/or what happened to this young man. Life just is not fair...

Speaking of which, how would it be possible if he is (G*d forbid), in the lake....that his body has not resurfaced? Unless caught on something? Apologies for the gruesome thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green