CA CA - Cajairah Jae Fraise, 22, walked away from family vehicle, 35 weeks pregnant, Beaumont, 23 Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the face of it, initally I suspected her family was covering something up. But doesn't seem likely all these months later.

So do you think she is alive and hiding somewhere?
Maybe she is, along with her baby, in hiding (with help from outside her family), but odds are against it after all this time, sadly.

I have two thoughts about this: one is that CF was trying to make a run for it. She knew she needed to escape her situation before her baby was born. She bolted, but then eventually, they caught up with her (did they finish their meal before they looked for her? I can’t imagine a 35 weeks pregnant woman can outrun many people without a good headstart). And she was ‘punished’ for trying to get away and hence not seen again and not reported by the family for 2 weeks. JMO. But the family seems so insular and feels very much like they are experiencing some sort of collective delusion that the world is out to get them. Is this due to fringe religious beliefs? Simply mental illness?

Or CF is missing voluntarily. She saw a chance to escape and she ran. But why then? Why not just leave on a random morning when it would be less conspicuous? And easier to get away without anyone noticing? Did she not have that freedom outside the house usually? Did she feel she had to leave now because it would be harder or impossible once her baby was born? Did she fear for her baby? MOO but I do hope she has run off into the sunset and she keeps on running til she’s safe.

Could the face coverings and the concerns around sharing her photos be religious in origin?
No. The family has stated on social media that they have been harassed by outsiders and also that pictures of CF were shared in fake or untrue posts by trolls. I see their point preserving their identities
Dont believe theyre insular, just afraid of doxxing and the social media posts getting uncontrollable

This case is so strange. I can't imagine she could successfully disappear to a new life after stepping out of the car in a drive thru, and while pregnant. It doesn't seem likely that someone would randomly kidnap a pregnant woman. This is a rare time where I don't have a feeling, or an opinion, about what happened. I'm baffled.

I have two thoughts about this: one is that CF was trying to make a run for it. She knew she needed to escape her situation before her baby was born. She bolted, but then eventually, they caught up with her (did they finish their meal before they looked for her? I can’t imagine a 35 weeks pregnant woman can outrun many people without a good headstart). And she was ‘punished’ for trying to get away and hence not seen again and not reported by the family for 2 weeks. JMO. But the family seems so insular and feels very much like they are experiencing some sort of collective delusion that the world is out to get them. Is this due to fringe religious beliefs? Simply mental illness?

Or CF is missing voluntarily. She saw a chance to escape and she ran. But why then? Why not just leave on a random morning when it would be less conspicuous? And easier to get away without anyone noticing? Did she not have that freedom outside the house usually? Did she feel she had to leave now because it would be harder or impossible once her baby was born? Did she fear for her baby? MOO but I do hope she has run off into the sunset and she keeps on running til she’s safe.

Could she have gone to a women's shelter? She should be able to stay safely hidden there. However, she likely would have registered the birth of her baby and started receiving child benefits, assuming the US issues child support payments.

I reread the thread and articles. At least one says she walked out of Jack-in-the-Box. At least one says she walked away from the vehicle. One version has the family thinking the missing person report was filed the night she was last seen when the family called BPD. Another version says they delayed filing the report, hoping they'd find her. The only thing that seems consistent is that Cajairah needs to be located.

Here's what the family states -

I don't want to post directly due to all the copyright warnings & admonishments.

Do we know what Cajairah's disability is?

She was 'disabled' and had medical problems, aside from being pregnant, is that what the family are saying?

Here's what the family states -

I don't want to post directly due to all the copyright warnings & admonishments.

Do we know what Cajairah's disability is?
Does her family consider her pregnancy to be a disability?

I also don't know what to believe, but I just don't think she would be voluntarily missing for this long. Maybe a few days... maybe until she delivered... but definitely not this long. I go back and forth between her parents not being completely truthful about the circumstances surrounding her "vanishing" and possibly being involved in her disappearance, and she could also have been approached by a really nice stranger lady who appeared to be trying to help her but maybe with ill intentions to steal her baby? IDK, just moo but I really had hoped she would be found safely by now!

My hope is that the Dock Ellis Foundation, which the family views positively and which I know very little about myself - except that I think that their mission is excellent - is able to intermediate between this family and the police department, productively. This in MOO is such a case that illustrates the tension and friction that sometimes arises (look at France this week!!!). Whomever in the family is posting these things is getting publicity (excellent) but exacerbating an existing divide that is not productive for the case. No one is going to search the surrounding fields harder because they were egged on by Facebook. I can understand a calibrated response from a PD that heard an adult pregnant woman walked away from her immediate family at a fast food restaurant and is on camera, walking off, clearly not under duress. I get that. I can also empathize with the frustration of a family that is saying they divulged disability information, which I take to mean (MOO) mental health challenges and not purely pregnancy (pregnancy was obvious in the video, it went without saying). In New Jersey we have Patricia’s Law, with which this woman would be defined as high risk and the investigation would’ve gone full throttle from initial report: State of New Jersey.

I think more states could use that and I hope they adopt it.

The sad part about the facial concealment in the interview is that MOO, it sends certain communities the message that these people are wanted or have warrants against them, or that this woman was involved in an investigation with enough associated danger that she would’ve warranted court protection. I feel deeply for the family in this case and back to the start - I hope this foundation can help intermediate what is clearly a deep divide.

OCT 24, 2023
1704656527101.png
[...]

At the time of her disappearance, Cajairah was living in Marino Valley with her parents.

Karah told Dateline that she spent the day with her daughter. “We were at the gym earlier, having a spa day,” Karah recalled. “We went to, like, two or three appointments or things that she would need for the baby, so we were just running errands.”

Then, Cajairah requested to go to her maternal grandmother’s house. “I had called my husband to come and drive us,” Karah recalled. “I wasn’t feeling well. So he came, met us, and then he started driving us.”

Karah said that Cajairah was hungry, so they decided to stop at a Jack in the Box in Beaumont on the way. “She got out of the car. She wasn’t saying much,” Karah said, adding that she didn’t know why her daughter got out of the car.

Karah told Dateline that Cajairah was standing in front of the drive-through while she and her husband went through the drive-through to order. “He pulled forward. He looked at her. She was still standing there,” she said, “He backed the car up, paid for the food, pulled back forward, and she was gone. So the last time we seen her was when she was standing at the end of the drive-through. She literally disappeared in minutes.”

[...]

OCT 24, 2023
View attachment 472875
[...]

At the time of her disappearance, Cajairah was living in Marino Valley with her parents.

[...]
Snipped by me for space

Just in case anyone searches for info, the article incorrectly says Marino Valley. It should say Moreno Valley.

The immediate area Cajairah went missing from has a SMALL charter school, Subway, Jack-in-the-Box, and a gas station. Diagonally across the intersection is another gas station. I am very familiar with this area and I cannot believe she just disappeared. There is nowhere to go and in that short time frame...I'm baffled. If not for the video from the school, I would seriously question if she had even been there. I'm trying to decide if she was able to hide in the shadows with her dark clothing and her family just didn't see her, then she somehow slipped away.

It’s just hard to fathom that a woman in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy can walk off into the night and never be seen or heard from again. I can only hope that she and the baby are somewhere safe—cared for and happy. And that 2024 brings answers for her family.
That’s definitely the scenario to be hoped for.
But to be honest, I fear for her and her child, because why would she not want any contact with her family once the baby was born? It makes me think she met with foul play and never had the child. I hope I’m wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222
Back