CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all!

The evidence shows up that second stop looks different than the rest. Why is that? Because its the 7th floor. Which is decorated completely differently bcos its part of the stay hotel.

Floors 8-15 will all look the same depending on who took the picture. White balance plays a part and could make a wall look anything from bright orange to dark brown depending on the settings of the camera.

Reference the pictures we now have of floors 15 14 and 10. They all look the exact same. EXACT. Even to the mirror.

There is no reason for the second stop to look any different than the first stop or original floor if the second stop is floor 10. You would see the exact same poorly lit hallway portraying dark wallpaper ( or a poorly lit brown)

Provide picture sources of the floors showing the different colored wallpapers please.

Please, google "Woman’s Body Found in Cecil Hotel Water Tank — Stefan Chase Reports". Listen to Mr. Diaz starting about 1:30.

Just watched it and no where does he say that hes on the third floor. I believe reports that he lives on the 14th floor.

The only question I have now is where was the attackers room? was it on the 14th floor close to B DIAZ or was it right above diaz on the 15th? I guess it doesnt much matter either but it would be nice to know.

I tend to think 15 because of the way she is looking left and right. To me shes looking towards the stairwells. Its probable that she wouldnt want to try the elevator on 15 and ran herself down to 14 to gain a little distance

This is FANTASTIC! We could've used you 2 threads ago! Welcome and thank you!

you are welcome.

Sorry, forgot to mention in the last post.
Notice that this reporter saying the 15th floor button in the elevators is removed. (there is a video in the link i posted just now)
screenshot of the video with the button of 15th floor button removed.
elevatorbuttonremoved.jpg

he seems to suggest that the 15th floor is the roof? (note: he never mentions the roof, not even in the floor plan, in Chinese sometime we refer top floor as the roof, not always)

And the button was removed while Elisa in the elevator? or after due to investigation or by hotel?

In the other elevator(#2)... and that's the only one said to be in use now. The reporter who checked in on 2/24 says the elevator EL walked in(#1) has been "frozen".

20130226111719262007.jpg

20130226111722332011.jpg

The Taiwan reporter took a picture of the panel of #1 on 23/2.
and they frozen #1 on 24/2? just after the taiwan reporter leaves.

from your photo of #2
it seems weird that:
23/2 #1 panel have 15th floor button removed.
24/2 #1 frozen and #2 still have 15th floor button (still pressable?)

puzzling~

Provide picture sources of the floors showing the different colored wallpapers please.

You want pictures of floors 15 14 and 10 looking the same?? Or 7 looking different?

You are aware already that floors 4-7 are modelled for The Stay hotel right? Which would explain a different style of decor

Good point.

Do you recall what time of day (as well as the date) you remember that Basement button lighting up smeinzer?

Also, was it the left elevator or right elevator (Elisa's elevator in the CCTV recording) that you saw the basement button lit up when it was activated?

Unless I'm mixing up the elevators; Elisa's elevator has the button panel on the right side, while the opposite elevator has the button panel on the left side.

Regardless, I'm sure both buttons on both elevators would of lit up anyway.

we6I2JX.jpg

Elisa's Elevator

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

The other elevator

Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube

(fast forward to 2:13 in the video)

Yes. I believe that we were in the elevator on the 8th in the morning around 9-9:30ish. I am also pretty sure it was the elevator with the panel of buttons on the left. So the opposite elevator that elisa was in.

The interesting thing about this is the person who posted the picture of the missing #15 button claims to have taken those pictures on the 23rd.

So the elevator stayed in use up until the 23rd than on the 24th was out of service?

Maybe too many people were trying to get into elevator #1 to take a look so Cecil decided to shut it down? ;)

Canadian Chinese aged 21, Elisa Lam Bizarre Death Case in Cecil Hotel, Los Angeles USA. Taiwan Apple Daily reporter accommodated in this rumored haunted hotel last night (US Time Saturday Night), evaluating the video from surveillance camera and the actual environment, and try solve the puzzle.
Stairway at the end leads to top floor
Reporter booked hotel online beforehand, and on arrival coincidentally was given the room located in 14th floor, where Elisa Lam was last seen. Reporter thought with a shock “This is quite a coincident”
(TRANSLATED)

Ok.. so this reporter was staying on the 14th floor.

And the number on his room key is: 1047.

20130226111722647010.jpg

So.. on the sex offenders website.. Alvin Taylor is listed in room 1004.

http://www.sorarchives.com/offender/view/1072663

So.. he lives on the 14th floor? The exact floor this girl disappeared on.

Can we all agree that the floor she is most likely to be on is this one?

HjEFuNP.jpg

Same wooden horizontal bar, same wall color, same floor, same vertical columns, same light fixture seen in the top right corner in the elevator video.

And the mirror? Elisa is definitely looking into it directly numerous times in the video to see further than she can from where she stands.

So now, can anyone confirm WHICH floor that picture is from?

Second, I think we can agree that Diaz is on the 14th floor (you can't trust a single report, same with the naked body aspect), and that therefore means the sound her heard was above, and the drain blocked and flooding between the 14th and 15th floor.

This makes everything far more logical to me.

If this is all true, then I believe the body language makes even more sense, and once again leads me to believe that all talks of drugs and psychosis are way off:

1- Elisa was invited to fool around on the rooftop by someone, probably a youth she has been talking to earlier.
2- She agreed, hence why she ends up on the 15th floor. She may or may have not actually gone on the roof when the video has started, and if she did she may or may not have made the white graffiti that has similarities to her handwriting.
3- She decides to go back to her floor. She may or may not expect the person to follow her. If she was on the roof before, it is possible that she took a head start when deciding to leave, and hence might be waiting or not caring if the other follows, she has decided she is not staying there (thinking they might get caught by hotel staff).
4- When the video starts, she is not in a fearful mood, she is in fact even slightly cheerful (as seen by the way she makes an exaggerated motion when pushing the first button, floor 14th). She was having fun or a laugh with the person(s), but is merely done for the night, heading back to her floor.
5- The reason she hits multiple floors is because Elisa read up on tips about staying safe since she is a woman traveling solo:

Travel Crime Prevention Tips

It's just a safety precaution, she is either expecting the person she was with to follow or not to follow.

6- The doors don't close, because she hit the door hold button. She thinks the person is the one who kept it open. But after waiting a short moment, the person doesn't show up.

7- She thinks the person is fooling with her (normal to expect this, the person is certainly more of a prankster than she could be). This fits with the playful prior attitude. The way she looks out quickly indicates play, not someone truly afraid. But not seeing anyone, she's a bit worried, because the doors could not have remained opened on their own in her mind, she thinks the person moved back hiding behind the corner, which is creepy to her.

8- She hides a bit and waits.

9- Decides to peek out, and as she peeks out the person shows up.

10- The person walks towards her, and she steps backward instinctively to prevent the door from shutting and to make room for the person to come in too.

11- Then she steps forward as the person stops as well, realizing the person is not going in, so she isn't going to stand inside the elevator, as the person is probably talking to her.

12- The person is trying to convince her of something, her hands let go, and all she is thinking is "ugh, I really don't feel like it", putting her hands on her head, trying to indicate she isn't really in the mood, a bit fed up.

13- When she goes back in, her hands on the wall, smile on her face, she is thinking trying to show that she is tired (more emphasis than hands on head), and not angry, but tired and not interested.

14- She pushes numerous buttons again. Nothing works.

15- She steps out again, resuming talk with the person. Explains the elevator doesn't work, laughs at 2:10, then cracks her fingers to undo stress or she is listing something (have to get up tomorrow early, etc.).

16- Puts back her hands on her head as she leaves with the person, giving up.

A loud noise is also heard at some point: possibly someone stepping or jumping down onto the tank from the top of the maintenance building, rather than climbing up the ladder? It's possible the person climbed up the maintenance building ladder before even seeing the water tanks, and then jumped on the tanks himself from the top of that building, causing a loud bang. After being on it, he realized there is a ladder and asks her to go around and up the ladder if she doesn't want to jump.

Not sure how Elisa ends up in the tank though.

It's also possible that the person killed her on the top of the maintenance building, and dropped her body on the water tank (which just happens to be one of the two that is the closest to the maintenance building), causing a loud reverberation. Then puts her body and potentially some or all of clothes in as well.

I am certain she was dead when inside, otherwise she could have banged on the tank and screamed a lot, which would have probably reverberated loudly.

Then her clothes possibly go through the drain inside the water tank, causing a flood between floor 14th and 15th.

Regarding Resident Bernard Diaz's Floor vs Elisa's Floor
I am not sure if this info is even fact?
But I have read this several different places...including this excerpt. (link below)
"
The L.A. Times reports that a tenant at the Cecil Hotel said he heard a "tremendous" noise on the floor above him the night before Lam went missing. Reportedly, Lam was staying on the fourth floor, one floor above Bernard Diaz's room.
Diaz also mentioned that there was flooding on the fourth floor the day after Lam went missing, stating that there was "some obstruction to the drain between the third and fourth floor."

http://www.examiner.com/article/body-found-water-tank-may-be-elisa-lam-missing-canadian-student

Yeah.. that's my theory.

And I was under the impression that he lived on the 10th floor as his room number was listed as 1004.

And the other guy.. I mentioned by name here and it was deleted apparently he has not been named by media or LE so it isn't cool to name him here.

The bottom line is there are multiple sex offenders living in the building.

It says Apt #1008 on the offender registry... and I read somewhere else he lives on the 14th floor in one of the interviews but they could move him around a lot...

saw this on another site as well...
"Few days ago someone on YouTube who had stayed at the hotel commented that he was approached by one onf the sex offenders 2 adopted sons who seemed delinquent. No idea if the 2 sons live at the hotel or just visiting."

It's so odd to me that a Hotel would allow sex offenders and other people with records to live there. Are guests informed of any of this? Do they even do background checks on their hotel staff?

I assume that osmosis from the water making skin wrinkly -- as well as decomposition for over 19 days in the water tank would make a concise examination of her body very difficult and inconclusive of any apparent strangulation marks, blunt damage marks, etc.

Do you think a drug OD is a possible COD?

How about death due to a mixture of pills and booze?

To me those are the two ways she could have died that could explain the idea the she was relatively unscathed in the tank. At least unscathed to the point that LE isnt willing to call it a homicide. I think they know it was a homicide due to the extreme unlikely chance that she went into the tank on her own accord.

She definitely didnt OD then put herself in the tank thats for sure. Maybe OD in the tank but thats also implausible. If she was going to do that I would see her doing it in the bath tub of her room

I assume that osmosis from the water making skin wrinkly -- as well as decomposition for over 19 days in the water tank would make a concise examination of her body very difficult and inconclusive of any apparent strangulation marks, blunt damage marks, etc.

That and her body being in submerged in water would remove traces of semen, DNA evidence, blood from 3rd parties inconclusive to test as well.

Who ever dumped Elisa Lam's body in the water tank definitely knew what they were doing, besides possibly knowing that there weren't any CCTV camera tanks on the roof tops, let alone having knowledge of the water tanks in general.

Then again, they failed to realize that the water tank cisterns would of backed up the water distribution all around the Cecil Hotel, leading to the low water pressure complaint from a guest at the hotel which led to the maintenance worker finding Elisa Lam's body inside the water tank. Was this an opportunist homicide then?

I'm not doubting that the body could be difficult to examine and there could be the potential for some external trauma that could be missed. However being in water for 3 weeks would not cause the medical examiner to miss a major internal traumatic detail such as all of her limbs being broken.

There is currently no indication that any of the floors are identical, nor any indication that any other floor has the same elements as found in that picture that we also see in the elevator video.

Edit: I zoomed. 15! Definitely! I had never even noticed there was a number above the mirror till you mentioned it.
H0tds09.jpg
<rsbm>

IF there is more than one floor the same colour as this pic of the 15th floor, then she may not have been on the 15th floor in the elevator video. Nowhere in the video do we see a mirror. What we see is the bottom of a white "thing".

From the pics that LittleWing enlarged, it is pretty clear that the bottom of that white thing is over the 2 white upward slats ... the mirror in the pic we are viewing is not over those 2 slats, but further to the left between the two elevators. I believe therefore that the white "thing" we are seeing is the light fixture (as LittleWing had already concluded)

Not saying the elevator vid isn't the 15th floor. Just that it could be another floor of the same colour as the 15th and therefore there might not be a mirror. Until we hear that 15 is the only floor of that colour, we have to consider it could be another floor with something other than a mirror in front of the elevators.

JMO

20130226111722647010.jpg

Your photo is from different news reporter uschinapress.com which is from mainland china.
the news i translated is from taiwan apple daily.

Mr. Diaz is on the 15th floor, and his room happens to be the room the waterpipes hit first.

The sound carried through the pipes and exploded into the room of Mr. Diaz, literally knocking Mr. Diaz from his bed. Look at that man. When was the last time anything knocked him from anything?

This was an explosion, my friend. It was a gunshot. The reason why Mr. Diaz was knocked out of bed, was because it came from his pipes.

20130226111722647010.jpg

So.. on the sex offenders website.. he is listed in room 1004.

Jesus their room system seems so messed up. I don't even know what's up or down at this hotel. Everything is so damn confusing.

It says Apt #1008 on the offender registry... and I read somewhere else he lives on the 14th floor in one of the interviews but they could move him around a lot...

Edit: Just my bad memory.. it was room 1008.

I saw you linked my thread on the other forum a few times as well.. thanks.

Your photo is from different news reporter uschinapress.com which is from mainland china.
the news i translated is from taiwan apple daily.

Ok.. thank you.. so it is possible that 1004 and 1047 are on the 10th floor then?

Whoever stayed in the hotel.. did the floor number correspond to the room number in this way?

I think you might have mixed up the two different sources.;)

The reporter with Apple daily &#34315;&#26524;&#26085;&#22577; (checked in on 2/23) is on the 14th floor
The reporter with uschinapress &#20689;&#22577;&#32178; (checked in on 2/24) seems to be staying on the 10th

http://pic.uschinapress.com/u/cms/www/201302/20130226111722647010.jpg

Hi this is the first time i post on this forum. I have translated the news from Taiwan Apple daily together with that floor plan.
Note: this case is kind have branded as a haunted case by the media in eastern countries.
therefore the journalist use that tone as a haunted story.

The Chinese reporters that visited the 10th floor said the paint color looks like "blood", which it does in the pictures.
Why would Cecil renovate those floors with that red color and have creepy dog photos on the wall?

20130226091335215001.jpg

20130226091336885002.jpg

<modsnip>

I am as well but no one even touched my theory on the timing of the elevator..

Both trips were roughly 11-12 seconds.. so it would stand to reason..

We start on 14

We go 14->12->11->10 Stop.. 11-12 seconds.

And then 10->09->08->07 Stop.. 11-12 seconds.

Time it in the video and it makes perfect sense.. at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME