CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fei’s question is worthy of consideration. I’m not sure we should so quickly discount the elevator as a means of transporting the body to the rooftop until we’ve explored it further.
Yeah I'm going to keep looking into this.

That's a two story shack on top of the hotel, certainly enough room for the elevator shaft to extend up into the roof, plus there has to be a way to move at least a small amount of equipment to the roof, Hotel was built in the 1920's, long before helicopters so I can imagine there being a need for at least one of the elevators to go that high.

Plus there's servicing the elevators, They have to have access to the tops of them to inspect cables and the like.

Any OTIS elevator employees here? lol

Thanks very much for the link but when I attempted to open the page it shows a 404 error. It may have been removed or just having problems loading.

Got the link to work and it says" reportedly,Lam was staying on the 4th floor, one floor above BD's room"

I can understand why people would think this is correct but I've done some searching and every address that shows BD at the Cecil shows him being on the 14th floor. I know what's been reported in the news is that he is on 3 but that isn't what any records I have found have shown. I would post a few links to prove this point but I don't think they are allowed. A quick search is easy to do though. Also, in a news interview, BD is not shown saying he is on any floor specifically. I posted the link to the interview in a previous thread and so have others. Can't seem to find it, could a moderator have removed this link? Not sure why unless it's because he is identified in the interview. This of course does not prove she wasn't on the 4th floor either.

BBM. Not doubting you, just hoping you might provide the website or info specifically stating BD lives on the 14th floor.

How can you be "fairly positive" that she's having a mental breakdown, without audio, or without knowing if she's talking to someone, or what she's saying? Sometimes people in a certain profession see what they want to see, and put up blinders on other explanations. I doubt you can make a reliable diagnosis based solely on that video, and without knowledge of her behavior prior to the incident.

The elevator door didn't close, and she expected it to. Even though it was her own fault, she was standing perfectly still until she realized the elevator door wasn't closing. What suddenly made her change her mind of going down the elevator, and instead, upwards to the 15th floor, down the hallway, through a fire escape window, up a long ladder, to the water tanks, up another ladder, opening a lid, stripping naked, hiding her clothes, jumping in, and closing the lid after herself? Did she ever exhibit these symptoms before? Yeah anything is possible, but possible doesn't necessarily mean likely.

I think the real stigma is assuming that anybody with a mental illness is able to suddenly break down and do the unthinkable - regardless of their past history. Imagine if you're a mental patient, but with nothing severe - what would you think if people assumed you can snap at any time, and didn't want to be around you? Or if the first thing you did anything "abnormal", people assumed it was a mental breakdown? Even normal people act strangely sometimes. If Elisa had a pattern of climbing to strange, unfamiliar places, and hiding, I would put more weight into this theory. But the only symptoms we know of are staying in bed all day, and being overly talkative.

There have been a number of individuals on this forum who have stated the mental break as a probable situation. The individuals who you are questioning are only adding their weight to what the professionals have stated in the first thread. My own conversations with my colleagues (posted on this forum) have also noted they believe it is likely mental health related.

I'm not sure I see the controversy or the issue in professionals stating what they see from the video.

Yeah I'm going to keep looking into this.

That's a two story shack on top of the hotel, certainly enough room for the elevator shaft to extend up into the roof, plus there has to be a way to move at least a small amount of equipment to the roof, Hotel was built in the 1920's, long before helicopters so I can imagine there being a need for at least one of the elevators to go that high.

Plus there's servicing the elevators, They have to have access to the tops of them to inspect cables and the like.

Any OTIS elevator employees here? lol

I have an elevator ... it does not go all the way to the top though ;)

I made my opinion on the video way back in thread one. This was prior to any social media postings that people found and any other information being available other than the elevator video.

For now I'm giving this thread a rest.

I made my opinion on the video way back in thread one. This was prior to any social media postings that people found and any other information being available other than the elevator video.

For now I'm giving this thread a rest.

Don't go too far cath999! You are one of the few verified professionals I rely upon to strengthen my own theories (in the process of being verified as well).

:)

Thanks very much for the link but when I attempted to open the page it shows a 404 error. It may have been removed or just having problems loading.

Got the link to work and it says" reportedly,Lam was staying on the 4th floor, one floor above BD's room"

I can understand why people would think this is correct but I've done some searching and every address that shows BD at the Cecil shows him being on the 14th floor. I know what's been reported in the news is that he is on 3 but that isn't what any records I have found have shown. I would post a few links to prove this point but I don't think they are allowed. A quick search is easy to do though. Also, in a news interview, BD is not shown saying he is on any floor specifically. I posted the link to the interview in a previous thread and so have others. Can't seem to find it, could a moderator have removed this link? Not sure why unless it's because he is identified in the interview. This of course does not prove she wasn't on the 4th floor either.

I agree. I also found an address for BD showing he is on the 14th floor, so it's quite possible MSM is mistaken. I think that it is also an assumption that the noise he heard had anything to do with Elisa. The noise and "flooding" could have had nothing to do with Elisa. If the events are unrelated, the fact that the noise was above him and what floor he is on could give no indication as to what floor Elisa was staying on. MOO.

I've been following this story from the beginning, and participating in this forum and others.

I have not seen one credible statement that Elisa Lam left her glasses in Vancouver or at home.

I agree, plus Elisa and her Mother talked daily on the phone, I'd imagine her Mother would've air shipped her glasses if Elisa forgot them...All IMO, but I get the impression the family was pretty tight knit

I think it would be easier than 115 pounds of wriggling weight.

One thing I'm not sure has been appropriately taken into account with regard to lifting her body to the tank would be adrenaline. A task that may be generally difficult under normal circumstances would be far easier if one's life depended on it. Think of people who can lift a car to save a person trapped underneath. The only difference here is the perp would be trying to save their own skin.

I am Elisa Lam's size almost exactly. Pretty much any guy not elderly, grossly obese, or in a wheel chair can easily carry me around. So obviously her weight would not be an issue. As to carrying her up a ladder, it is nearly impossible for me to conceive that somebody would believe that a human being could not easily think of a solution to carry a weight like that up a ladder.

Snipped for space/context.

MesaVerde, I must respectfully state that you are wrong in this assessment. Carrying a live person has a much different dynamic than carrying someone who is unconscious or dead. An incapacitated person (or dead) does not cooperate with the carrier, it requires much more control, thus much more strength. Even if you put a 115 pound person in a bag/etc you will have troubles with it in distances, especially if that includes ladders, stairs and so forth.

I know some of you will state that carrying an inert body will be easier than carrying a live/conscious one. However, it would be in my opinion that this is rarely done. Often when you have control/compliance, you can have someone walk to where you wish to go.

And yes, this is based upon professional experience both in terms of theory and practice (dummy bag carry, etc).

They didn't remove the lid of the whole tank to get the body out, so it seems unlikely that someone needed to remove it to get the body in.

The LAFD had to cut out a hole on the cistern's side to get EL out...I'd imagine to drain some water out too...firemen wear alot of equipment clothes, doubt they could squeeze those big guys through that lid opening

RSBM

The elevator on the left, the one that the video was taken in, was already indicating the "L" for lobby. As I walked up I heard the second elevator land and the second "L" lit up above that elevator (L.L. for those looking for coincidences). I stood there for a moment wondering what to do and then I reached out and hit the up button and the elevator to the right opened up.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience. I think I would have started freaking when I saw a coiincidence like the above too.

Funnily enough, I watched a film called '1408' over the weekend and your experience took me right back to that film. If you haven't already seen it, I think you would enjoy it.

One thing I'm not sure has been appropriately taken into account with regard to lifting her body to the tank would be adrenaline. A task that may be generally difficult under normal circumstances would be far easier if one's life depended on it. Think of people who can lift a car to save a person trapped underneath. The only difference here is the perp would be trying to save their own skin.

Exactly Morphee, even combat soldiers or the fire fighters on 911 running long distances to save others is adrenaline kicking in

I didn't say I find either one of those options unbelievable. It seems you are taking peoples comments out of context and making of them what you will.

I would expect that police might be able to find someone who SAW something if her body was indeed carried up to the roof, especially if it was not through an elevator. I happen to feel strongly that foul play was involved if you must know. But I am still wondering how this could have been done on top of an open roof in a big city with no witnesses. However, the police may have some witnesses that saw something. Who knows.

I agree, this is LA, this crime did'nt happen in an Iowa wheat field far away from civilization, someone has to speak up, someone had to see or hear something

I wonder if LAPD has checked the other elevator video cam, I believe I read there are two elevators side by side @ the Cecil

Also, I'd check the hotel lobby videos at the front desk, see if EL came in with anyone, especially off of the Amtrak on her arrival/check in

As spooky as the elevator video was, maybe the irony will be something caught on video that captures the perp punk

Not if nothing was tied directly to her. If she were wrapped in something or placed in something, there would be no need to have anything tied to her in a ligature type of way. In fact, I would find that to be a very stupid way to try to pull a dead body.

Hmmmm ......What about the hotel housekeeping, room service and luggage carts?

Room service carts have a linen drapped over it and would be a very good way to easily move a body

Those carts are usually all over the hotel floor hallways

Room service carts have a linen drapped over it and would be a very good way to easily move a body

Is there room service at the Cecil? From everything I've heard about it, I'd be surprised to hear that they offer that kind of thing (and even more surprised if people actually make use of it, ick).

I doubt cecil will have those luggage carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member