CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the videos and pictures we've seen so far, the hallways are typically empty and the chances of you bumping into someone is not too high. it is a little like a ghost town there.

dig around, i remember seeing a picture of the 4th floor with some indication to room numbers.
Yes, I guess it is not easy to get in touch with somebody who has been living there for a long time. And they are maybe not so talkative. And to investigate you need some kind of "to bee seen and not heard"
But is it possible to investigate about those rounded mirrors outside these elevators, where they there at February 1? On old pictures from these floors you see arts hanging there instead.

But you'd think there must be some more footage....possibly showing her with someone...showing anything...anything of interest.

Surely they don't just have that moment in time of her acting strange in the elevator.

There must be more.

LE is not posting them. I'm sure there are more but nothing will be released to us.

Is there any other footage of her at the hotel? Surely there's many videos of her in the elevator and in the lobby during her stay there.

LAPD is really putting a muzzle on any more intel on Elisa's death

It seems they're waiting for the toxicology report to come in from what I heard by mid April? I think that's correct

I would also imagine the Cecil hotel mgmt has had a staff meeting going over not to speak to anyone or the media about her death and defer all inquiries to LAPD

This is just me, but if I'm on LAPD this case is great training and hopefully some detectives have the chops to really get down to the issues like we're all discussing, because there are some very good theories, know how on this thread and this case should not be dismissed as accidental or suicide

Yes, I guess it is not easy to get in touch with somebody who has been living there for a long time. And they are maybe not so talkative. And to investigate you need some kind of "to bee seen and not heard"
But is it possible to investigate about those rounded mirrors outside these elevators, where they there at February 1? On old pictures from these floors you see arts hanging there instead.

pretty sure they are. the old ones are from june/july last year. and people went in at around Feb 26th this year and they are there. the colours all match so i would assume the mirror is also there. the mirror was there on the 15th floor before Feb 1 i think.

If she was kept alive in one of the empty rooms, LAPD search dogs should have found her on Feb 6th. But they needed probable cause to inspect "occupied" rooms. This means that if he wanted her kept alive, the killer had control over the registry - with fake guests placed around her.

I don't believe she was alive Feb 6th. I doubt she was still alive by Feb 2nd.

Video: I read that one of the rooms on the 14th floor is the Night Stalker's room, Richard Ramirez. I wonder if the killer was giving her a late-night scare-tour of the Hotel. Maybe that's where she came from.

Could be.

Could be.

i'd imagine folks around LA will tell you about the legendary notoriety of the Cecil's freaky past, maybe it's haunted...so it becomes a tourist attraction and IMO Elisa probably heard the Cecil's past stories as soon as she set foot in LA

Off topic, we have a legendary Inn, the Golden Lamb Inn, here in Cincinnati,OH and it's really haunted by the civil war era dignitaries, rich, famous, generals, etc and their ghosts haunt it...I've seen it while eating there and everyone in Cincinnati,OH knows about the Inn

Childhood friends of my family own the Golden Lamb Inn and the employees will go at length to tell you in detail the sightings, oddities that happen every day

Go to youtube.com and check out some of the videos

I will.

We have some places like that around here. We went to see a couple. It was pretty unimpressive. I guess finding spirits is like finding love--you never find it when you are looking for it. :banghead:

But you'd think there must be some more footage....possibly showing her with someone...showing anything...anything of interest.

Surely they don't just have that moment in time of her acting strange in the elevator.

There must be more.

I'm sure they have additional video, as well as other information, that they are not releasing. The elevator video was taken not long before Elisa was thought to be missing so they released that to see if anyone saw her around that time.

Good rule: Never assume that just because we, the public, don't know the answers, aren't made aware of what police know, or what police have investigated doesn't mean all that isn't known or being done.

They sure are...

They may have their suspect, but s/he works at the hotel. So they probably don't want to share details out of concerns that the other staff members identifies who it is through the details and sets the killer off on a Shining rampage. I'm content to let LE quietly build their case.

Hi MesaVerde, how did you arrive at this conclusion? I believe there's no evidence shared by the LE to rule anything out. We have no MOD, COD, or TOD. All we know is that there was a period she was accosted, a period she was alive but under control of the killer, and a period she was dead. The crime did not have to occur on the roof, it could have happened anywhere in the hotel. Most of us assume she did not die by suicide or accidental drowning. But that's also a possibility at this time.

They may have their suspect, but s/he works at the hotel. So they probably don't want to share details out of concerns that the other staff members identifies who it is through the details and sets the killer off on a Shining rampage. I'm content to let LE quietly build their case.

Hi MesaVerde, how did you arrive at this conclusion? I believe there's no evidence shared by the LE to rule anything out. We have no MOD, COD, or TOD. All we know is that there was a period she was accosted, a period she was alive but under control of the killer, and a period she was dead. The crime did not have to occur on the roof, it could have happened anywhere in the hotel. Most of us assume she did not die by suicide or accidental drowning. But that's also a possibility at this time.

The thing is we don't know if she was accosted, we don't know if there is a killer or that a crime occurred at all. We know she was alive, she's dead, she never checked out and her body was found in the water tank on the roof. That's it.. it could very well be she committed suicide or it was an accident as you stated.. we know nothing and everything else is all speculation.. period!

I believe that is one reason so many have an issue with it being either suicide or accidental death. It is so much easier to assume someone else is responsible.. but we really have no clue. Anything is possible

Here is a Dec. 2012 case of misadventure that ended in tragedy for a bright, creative young man.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...13_1_michigan-avenue-hotel-smokestack-chimney
"Wieme, who lived on the North Side, had been dining with a friend at Michael Jordan's restaurant in the Michigan Avenue hotel when, police said, they decided to "explore" the building. Wieme and the woman took an elevator to the top floor and walked onto the rooftop deck, a restricted area, through an unsecured door, officials said.

Firefighters later learned that Wieme had fallen down the smokestack, according to Fire Department spokeswoman Meg Ahlheim.

Firefighters wrapped ropes around a structure in the roof dome and lowered a single man, a firefighter/paramedic, to Wierme's aid, and determined he was unconscious.

Crews used an electric handsaw to drill through the quarter-inch steel duct on the 39th floor, stirring up dust from insulation and soot from years of chimney buildup. They secured two wooden planks that would stop Wieme if he fell further, officials said"

I'm sure they have additional video, as well as other information, that they are not releasing. The elevator video was taken not long before Elisa was thought to be missing so they released that to see if anyone saw her around that time.

Good rule: Never assume that just because we, the public, don't know the answers, aren't made aware of what police know, or what police have investigated doesn't mean all that isn't known or being done.
Well said.

Once this case turned from a missing person into a possible homicide all the rules changed

Hi MesaVerde, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

I think she wasn't alive long for several reasons. One, that is the normal pattern in abduction cases. But more importantly, it would have been dangerous and inconvenient to keep a living person trapped for long in a situation where you do not have total privacy of your surroundings. I think most people in such a situation (living in a hotel with a kidnapped person) would wish to dispose of the person as quickly as possible.

i'd imagine folks around LA will tell you about the legendary notoriety of the Cecil's freaky past, maybe it's haunted...so it becomes a tourist attraction and IMO Elisa probably heard the Cecil's past stories as soon as she set foot in LA

Off topic, we have a legendary Inn, the Golden Lamb Inn, here in Cincinnati,OH and it's really haunted by the civil war era dignitaries, rich, famous, generals, etc and their ghosts haunt it...I've seen it while eating there and everyone in Cincinnati,OH knows about the Inn

Childhood friends of my family own the Golden Lamb Inn and the employees will go at length to tell you in detail the sightings, oddities that happen every day

This is a case of late night ' ghost-hunting" gone terribly wrong..
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009/09/10/ghosthunting_woman_falls_to_her_death_at_uoft.html

Just before 2 a.m. yesterday, a drunken ghost-hunting trip across the building's roof went from an eerie adrenaline rush to a painfully real-life tragedy.

A 29-year-old woman, following her 34-year-old male partner from one rooftop to another, fell three storeys.

She died later at St. Michael's Hospital, police said.

Friends identified the woman as Leah Kubik, who was originally from Indiana but moved to Toronto several years ago. Neither she nor her companion was a U of T student"

"

How do you know she was accosted?
Under control of a killer?
or even killed for that matter?

Remember we have no MOD COD or TOD

Lets not question one persons thoughts and conclusions then leap to our own

Well the video of Elisa is from around the first of the month, is the mirror visible there? can't remember

Oh and you know what, go to youtube and search cecil hotel, there's a couple vids from a year or two ago with folks walking around the floors with cameras you may find what you're looking for there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman