CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She says she's not going to do that, well... Paula Canny is going to have to do it when this goes to trial so she might as well try to give a reasonable answer now. What she is saying is just not believable.
PC claims self-defense and an accident. Yet, her client doesn't seek help for BL for supposed "accident" and BL was stabbed 3 times. Not buying what she is trying to sell. moo

She's reframing and manipulating the facts from the get go. Is this the woman's strategy? To confuse a future jury, sow seeds of doubt?
What is this woman's reputation? Does she usually gaslight like this?

"..walked away completely fine..." Is she for real?

I think it's part of the job description of criminal defense attorney. This one doesn't have a lot to work with.

(I also think she's off her rocker, but that's a second point).

IMO.

Nima Momeni was in court today and disagreed with his attorney Paula Canny about the date for his preliminary hearing. He wants the earliest possible date. The next hearing is May 30th.

Nima Momeni was in court today and disagreed with his attorney Paula Canny about the date for his preliminary hearing. He wants the earliest possible date. The next hearing is May 30th.

I guess Canny has her work cut out for her this Memorial Day Weekend.

Concerning link provided by @Sundog - I try not to comment and (fail miserably) at trying not to comment about a persons' mannerism/walk, etc. However, curious if this is typical (as seen in linked video) for NM to behave in this manner? Appeared happy go lucky, but am probably wrong about that. Will his attorney notice and speak with him about it to tone it down for trial, doubtful.

Moo

If you read this, thank you.

Concerning link provided by @Sundog - I try not to comment and (fail miserably) at trying not to comment about a persons' mannerism/walk, etc. However, curious if this is typical (as seen in linked video) for NM to behave in this manner? Appeared happy go lucky, but am probably wrong about that. Will his attorney notice and speak with him about it to tone it down for trial, doubtful.

Moo

I noticed it, too, and it surprised me. I wonder if his attorney has given him the impression that he has nothing to worry about, and that he will be going home soon, and to play the part. On the other hand, he must have known that she was going to try to postpone the PH again, and in Court he disagreed with her, so don't know what was going on in his mind. Or maybe she just told him to look confident for the cameras, and he overplayed it. In any event, it did look odd. I suppose it could have been just nerves.

Moo

I've seen it in the courtroom by people whom I believe are trying to look more ganster-ish (by the standards of today's young people). Act gay and innocent = indomitable. I don't think this attorney is going to try and get him to tone down anything.

I predict a plea bargain in this case, though. I'd love to be wrong.

IMO.

On May 17, Lee’s brother, Timothy “Oliver” Lee, created a page asking the public for contributions to pay the family’s legal fees and care for the tech mogul’s two children.

“Unfortunately, due to Bob’s sudden passing, his assets will flow through the probate system in Florida, as well as in evidence,” Oliver claimed.

Nima Momeni’s attorney has said that these additional images of Lee once he got out of Momeni’s car suggest that he did not appear to be “mortally wounded” when he separated from Momeni.

New images of Bob Lee and Nima Momeni together the night of Lee’s murder. The first shows Lee arriving at Khazar Momeni’s apt. The 2nd, both in the bldg’s elevator together. The next one, them leaving together & last, getting into Nima’s car together.

Edited: Include link

Last edited:
Nima Momeni’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for next week in the Bob Lee murder case. Going through all the court documents that have been filed including letters of support for Momeni. This one from his sister Khazar, whose text message to Lee was shared by prosecutors.

Letters in support of Nima Momeni to the court detail a life of abuse and violence for him, his mother and sister, at the hands of his father. Momeni’s mother fled Iran for San Francisco with her children.

Nima Momeni’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for next week in the Bob Lee murder case. Going through all the court documents that have been filed including letters of support for Momeni. This one from his sister Khazar, whose text message to Lee was shared by prosecutors.

Letters in support of Nima Momeni to the court detail a life of abuse and violence for him, his mother and sister, at the hands of his father. Momeni’s mother fled Iran for San Francisco with her children.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the charges against NM of murdering Bob Lee. The only thing that interested me in the letter from his sister is the fact that she says that she and her husband are willing to give their residence as bond if necessary for NM's release on bail. But I didn't see a letter from the sister's husband, just from NM's mother and sister, and presumably friends.

I should have typed "gangster-ish" obviously.

Interesting that the sister is willing to give her husband's house for bond, but apparently the husband is silent on the matter. This all reads like intra-family drama and dynamics, to me.

It's San Francisco, so of course they are going to try and make Momeni look sympathetic/abused etc/downtrodden. Seems really early for character letters to matter much, though, even in SF.

IMO.

If I were the defense attorney, the story that I would spin would be that of a loving brother who was desperate to keep his sister from being introduced to hard drugs- then present Manslaughter as an alternative (if permitted by CA law). His desperation increased after BL ignored polite requests that he "cease and desist".

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
All eyes are on the preliminary hearing Tuesday in the case against Nima Momeni, accused of fatally stabbing tech executive Bob Lee.

UPDATED ON: MAY 29, 2023 / 9:42 PM

SAN FRANCISCO - All eyes are on the preliminary hearing Tuesday in the case against Nima Momeni, the man accused of fatally stabbing tech executive Bob Lee.

Legal experts say the prosecution has the upper hand after Momeni encouraged his lawyer to fast track his case, adding pressure to his defense team to form their arguments.

Paula Canny, Momeni's attorney, says the timing isn't ideal.

d
If I were the defense attorney, the story that I would spin would be that of a loving brother who was desperate to keep his sister from being introduced to hard drugs- then present Manslaughter as an alternative (if permitted by CA law). His desperation increased after BL ignored polite requests that he "cease and desist".

<modsnip>

Well, we know that the judge isn't buying it, he denied bail in spite of all the letters he received from family and friends making that argument, stating that NM could be a danger to the community. Doesn't sound like he believed this to be a family protection issue only.

As for jury selection,
Well, we know that the judge isn't buying it, he denied bail in spite of all the letters he received from family and friends making that argument, stating that NM could be a danger to the community. Doesn't sound like he believed this to be a family protection issue only.
It does appear that way, but judge is not the ultimate decider. In the end, I think a "desperate big bro protects little sis from drugs- yes, the victim had been asked politely" argument could find traction amongst the right jury.

There are plenty of cultures in the Bay area where brothers are expected to be naturally protective of sisters- even if the brother is, well..."imperfect" himself.

The trick would be to seat individuals sympathetic to the argument on the jury. "Racehorse Haynes", an ubber skilled defensive attorney from a generation or two ago emphasized his success was bringing the right argument to a very carefully selected jury.

Today, I would have 16 year olds on my staff with instructions to social media data mine the following 300 people appearing for jury duty that day. The mined date would then be screened for direct and indirect indications of "A", "B" and "C".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dingltah
Back