Recovered/Located CA - Cecil Knutson (dec'd), Dianna Bedwell (inj'd), Valley Ctr, 10 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted that I thought this is what happened. Posted maps showing that bend in 79 with San Ignacio to the right. No one responded except to criticize. I still think this is what very well may have happened.

I made of point checking that the route you suggested was included on the map, as I did find it very well reasoned. Sorry to have not responded, but check the map for your route, it should be there. Thank you for pitching in, just the same. Hope you continue to do so too.

Knutson & Bedwell Map (Forager, et al, click on icon for more info)

Wait, didn't he indicate that there were additional phone pings that weren't disclosed? I could swear I just read that but now I can't find it.

Did you check the Valley Road Runner articles?

I made of point checking that the route you suggested was included on the map, as I did find it very well reasoned. Sorry to have not responded, but check the map for your route, it should be there. Thank you for pitching in, just the same. Hope you continue to do so too.

Knutson & Bedwell Map (Forager, et al, click on icon for more info)

Forager, I'm sorry I couldn't interpret your map. I'm sure it's a great map but I am old and when it comes to maps, I'm even older. Thanks for your response. I'm going back to your map and look again, have had lots of caffeine so that should help. ;)

ETA: Finally figured it all out. Thank you for posting such a thorough map!

Couple missing for 2 weeks found in California wilderness

Cecil Knutson, 79, Dianna Bedwell, 68, were found near a Boy Scouts camp on the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation near Warner Springs, sheriff's Lt. Ken Nelson said.

Knutson's body was near a white car and Bedwell was inside the vehicle, he said.

Bedwell, who was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition, told investigators they were looking for a shortcut when they got lost and stuck on a rugged road, Nelson said.

Nelson said investigators had a "very limited" conversation with Bedwell, and weren't able to ask how or when Knutson died.

New MSM, I don't think it has any new details but I'm not positive.

I posted that I thought this is what happened. Posted maps showing that bend in 79 with San Ignacio to the right. No one responded except to criticize. I still think this is what very well may have happened.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are referring to the post you made shortly after the couple was found.

They do appear to have gone down 79 (or maybe up 79) and turned east off of it. But it was onto Chihuahua Rd that they appeared to have vered, not on to San Ignacio road. There was a news report of their having been found off of San Ignacio road, and I have a marker there to reflect the report, but I believe that the report was incorrect.

I also saw a more recent post of yours asking about how to use the map. I'll appreciate your asking, and will try to respond in a little bit.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are referring to the post you made shortly after the couple was found.

They do appear to have gone down 79 (or maybe up 79) and turned east off of it. But it was onto Chihuahua Rd that they appeared to have vered, not on to San Ignacio road. There was a news report of their having been found off of San Ignacio road, and I have a marker there to reflect the report, but I believe that the report was incorrect.

I also saw a more recent post of yours asking about how to use the map. I'll appreciate your asking, and will try to respond in a little bit.

Thanks, I opened and looked more thoroughly at your map and links to places on the map. I did see where you mentioned the San Ignacio turn off. My thoughts still are that they could have turned onto San Ignacio and gone all the way up, through the Schoepe res. and wound up near Chihuahua Rd, coming from the East, instead of West. It's just one option, not written in stone ;)

Not saying you didn't read it, but wouldn't that be something that we would have discussed on the thread once it was found out there were additional pings that weren't disclosed?

This is confusing!
IMOO.

No. I read the article myself yesterday, about the same time this story started to break. I was running searches on google and a MSM article came up describing the area that the car had been found in. It talked about pings having detected in this area. This was just prior to them confirming that it was Paul and Dianna.

I remember it very distinctly, because when I went to bed last night I was actually thinking about these pings that nobody had heard about or knew about. This morning I got up to review the details in the article again, but it was gone. It was posted about the same time as information about the car being found was starting to flood in, so there was a whole lot going on at once.

Was it a mistake ? Possibly. It was said though that LE was aware of other pings picked up in this area.

Forager, I'm sorry I couldn't interpret your map. I'm sure it's a great map but I am old and when it comes to maps, I'm even older. Thanks for your response. I'm going back to your map and look again, have had lots of caffeine so that should help. ;)

Thanks for asking. I'm still groping my way along in using Google maps on the thread and need feedback on what is working, what isn't, and what's confusing.

The intent of the map is reflect "case information" laid out against the context of geography. That "case information" needn't be established fact or even clearly linked to the case. We sometimes map information that might be wrong or irrelevant just because we're talking about it on the thread. In the Knutson & Bedwell map, we even mapped member's suggestions about which areas should be searched, at least to the extent that the stretches of road involved could be identified. The map is supposed to serve as the white board that we scribble on to communicate with the rest of the room.

From a "how to" standpoint, a case map can be opened by anyone with a link to it. The link won't change, even as the maps themselves grow and evolve. The Knutson & Bedwell map's sharing choices have been set so that anyone with the link can also 'edit' the map. It's my hope that thread participants will use the access to share information more clearly, quickly and directly than I can manage on my own.

It takes a bit of fumbling around, at first, to edit a Google map, but not much. This screen shot gives the first steps in adding a map marker:

nimbus-image (2).png

I'll look around for a good set of instructions on how to work a Google map, but plunging in is probably a decent alternative. Here is a link to a Google map with a couple of features already on it that has been set up as a practice map. Use it to teach yourself how to add or alter map markers and lines without fear of damage.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.k2BQkWT167Fc

Please let me know if this gets at the questions you had or if you have others.

Thanks for asking. I'm still groping my way along in using Google maps on the thread and need feedback on what is working, what isn't, and what's confusing.

The intent of the map is reflect "case information" laid out against the context of geography. That "case information" needn't be established fact or even clearly linked to the case. We sometimes map information that might be wrong or irrelevant just because we're talking about it on the thread. In the Knutson & Bedwell map, we even mapped member's suggestions about which areas should be searched, at least to the extent that the stretches of road involved could be identified. The map is supposed to serve as the white board that we scribble on to communicate with the rest of the room.

From a "how to" standpoint, a case map can be opened by anyone with a link to it. The link won't change, even as the maps themselves grow and evolve. The Knutson & Bedwell map's sharing choices have been set so that anyone with the link can also 'edit' the map. It's my hope that thread participants will use the access to share information more clearly, quickly and directly than I can manage on my own.

It takes a bit of fumbling around, at first, to edit a Google map, but not much. This screen shot gives the first steps in adding a map marker:

View attachment 75239

I'll look around for a good set of instructions on how to work a Google map, but plunging in is probably a decent alternative. Here is a link to a Google map with a couple of features already on it that has been set up as a practice map. Use it to teach yourself how to add or alter map markers and lines without fear of damage.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.k2BQkWT167Fc

Please let me know if this gets at the questions you had or if you have others.

Thank you for this. I did edit my post to let you know I had figured it out and saw where you had included the San Ignacio turnoff. But, again, thanks for this, I'm sure I'll learn much more from this post than I figured out on my own ;)

Awww....I'm so sorry to hear about Paul. Thankful Diana is recovering. My condolences to the family.

Great team work gang! :)

Praying for Dianna, such a strong l lady.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

imho, I read the link on your post but can't find anything about the couple trying to walk out. Could it be on another link instead?

It is on the cached version. This was updated and this info taken out.

imho, I read the link on your post but can't find anything about the couple trying to walk out. Could it be on another link instead?

I read that yesterday and it did say they tried to walk out, but it's been updated apparently.

This is ending up being a happy and sad case at the same time. It's amazing how long Dianna stayed alive ( we still don't know when Cecil died right? ) giving her diabetes problem. I wish I could just hug her and tell her how brave she was. Hoping she recovers and joins her family soon.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

It is on the cached version. This was updated and this info taken out.

Thanks. I did find it on another link. I haven't followed this story closely. I saw the initial posts and read a few periodically but didn't come back until I saw the update that they had been found. I wasn't questioning your info at all, I was just trying to see anything I missed. Thank you for responding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back