Recovered/Located CA - Cecil Knutson (dec'd), Dianna Bedwell (inj'd), Valley Ctr, 10 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's imperative to know what cell phone service they had.

We then need to map the area - radius and length - the pinged cell tower covers.

I started a satellite (Google Earth) map to show the terrain, roads and where cell pings are blocked this morning, but I had to leave for work. Will finish tonight.

If they got pinged 15 minutes into their drive, we need to see which roads would absorb the ping at that 15 minute mark. A search could radiate from there.

Check out downstairs in scanner thread.

Rules here we are not allowed to discuss anything on the scanner thread here.

The majority of older persons with diabetes do NOT take insulin. Many are controlled by diet, exercise and oral agents.

Praying for a miracle. Please find them dear searchers.

Check out downstairs in scanner thread.

Rules here we are not allowed to discuss anything on the scanner thread here.
Thank you. I know the service provider. Isn't their main logo color hot pink? I will make references about pings that color on my map. :)

The majority of older persons with diabetes do NOT take insulin. Many are controlled by diet, exercise and oral agents.

That may be the case, and pardon my ignorance, but when the son mentioned that his parents don't have their insulin,
wouldn't that mean injectable?
IMOO.

"Both are diabetic and dependent on insulin. Acosta has their medicine with him, in hopes that he can give it to them in person."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Missing-Couple-303486431.html?partner=nbcnews

ETA:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/couple-with-links-to-1965-indiana-murder-victim-missing/

"The couple's son, Robert Acosta, told CBS San Diego that both his parents suffer from diabetes.

"If there is a traffic accident, and they're at the bottom of some canyon and no one can find them, they don't have insulin," he said. "

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/knutson-661498-bedwell-smith.html

"Knutson and Bedwell, both retired school bus drivers who have been married for more than 25 years, are diabetic and without their medications, Smith said.

“It was just a day trip, but I’m hoping they kept surplus medicine in a little case in the car,” Smith said. "

Kristen Smith is Knutson's daughter.

I am still confused about the diabetes thing, and with the daughter mentioning that she hopes they kept surplus med
in a little case in the car, I guess that's a case for injectable insulin? Or maybe she meant a pill bottle case??

Regardless, they either have meds or not, or ran out after this amount of time, and it's imperative that they be found. It's been too long already!!
IMOO.

There are so many different routes they could have taken. You have the "normal" route, you have the "short cut", you have the "scenic route", you have the "back way", and you have the "for the hell of it" route.

Those searchers must be pulling their hair out trying to figure which direction to head off in. This is one of those cases where I HOPE that law enforcement does have some additional information that can help pinpoint their direction a little bit more. I've only seen the one video of their car turning right onto Valley Center road, and no other videos. It helps, but it leaves a gaping hole in which direction they headed off in at Pauma Valley, or if they made it there at all.

The I-15 ping still has me shaking my head, makes no sense.

Holy cow! I read the book about that a few years ago! That was a terrible, terrible crime. I thought the circumstances sounded awfully familiar so I looked her up. I couldn't remember the name of the book but I remembered what the cover looked like. This is crazy. Not that I think there are any ties to this particular case but wow, what a small world.

I hope this couple are found soon!

Holy cow! I read the book about that a few years ago! That was a terrible, terrible crime. I thought the circumstances sounded awfully familiar so I looked her up. I couldn't remember the name of the book but I remembered what the cover looked like. This is crazy. Not that I think there are any ties to this particular case but wow, what a small world.

I hope this couple are found soon!

I was a very young girl when that case happened, and I remember my parents talking about it in hushed tones. Gave me nightmares for a long time. Yes, small world indeed.

Steelman, you are so correct. They had many options as far as travel path. I'm sticking with heading to Escondido for medical help, and being found very near the last ping/off road.

Attachments

• T Mobile deadzone review.jpg
    T Mobile deadzone review.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 223
Forager as usual, your map is brilliant. Thank you. Here is my theory. I'm an amateur at this, so take it for what it's worth.

This couple started heading to their destination when one of them starting feeling very ill. They detoured to head in to Escondido to go to the hospital. That is a windy, dangerous road. I've been down it many times as I have friends in Valley Center. They did not call the son as not to worry him.
Whomever was driving had a medical emergency, or they attempted to aide the passenger. In doing so, they went over the road and will be found within range of the last ping.

There is a chance one could still be alive. I pray foiks are scouring the last ping area. My prayers for this couple.

Looking at map again. To be clear, I'm talking about them coming down Hwy 15. In this scenario, they would have cut over from Valley Center on Lilac, or some such road. I'm not sure if the cell tower would be picking them up if they were coming down S6 heading to Escondido. I'm not seeing that as being the case in my "heading to Escondido" scenario.
So I think they are off of Hwy 15, near the cell tower ping.

Looking at map again. To be clear, I'm talking about them coming down Hwy 15. In this scenario, they would have cut over from Valley Center on Lilac, or some such road. I'm not sure if the cell tower would be picking them up if they were coming down S6 heading to Escondido. I'm not seeing that as being the case in my "heading to Escondido" scenario.
So I think they are off of Hwy 15, near the cell tower ping.

Ah... I see. I'd been highlighting a different route to Escondido, but am now showing it as you describe, on the map. Let me know if I'm still misunderstanding.

Here's the link again:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.khuzU1KdCXHY

Cell phone reception for that stretch of 15 is pretty saturated and good, I think. We're working on mapping cell phone deadzones. There are some long stretches on the 371 portion of the route toward their son's home in La Quinta, but not on 15.

Forager - YES, that is exactly the path I am suggesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back