CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still never seen anything on his vehicle...have they released this info?

Yes, I can see where GPS would help after the fact, at least...only thing that can be done to prevent offenders is to have them locked away or no longer of this earth

I think the WalMart suspect looks more like one of the Wanted guys on the San Diego County Sheriff's website:

Arturo Gonzalez Gomez

attachment.php

Attachments

• gomeza.jpg
    gomeza.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 237
This is the only vehicle I've seen referenced with regards to this case:

At Gardner's parents' residence in Rancho Bernardo, a woman entering the property Tuesday afternoon said, "We're not making any comments." She would not identify herself.

The home, on Matinal Road, was searched by authorities Sunday night.

A black sedan parked across from it was towed Tuesday. An official at the scene with the federal Department of Justice declined to say who the car belonged to. A longtime resident on Matinal Road said Monday the car belonged to Gardner's girlfriend.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_8bb7b53c-2650-11df-a7f6-001cc4c002e0.html

Thanks for the update Darlin Gal. The way the AP had been spinning it more sounded like "it wasn't his" (implying it belonged to another attacker almost). Why didn't they just come out and say it was hers? Oh wait, that wouldn't make for as exciting and dramatic reporting. Ugh.

I agree. But how do we know they didn't register him and the paper work is sitting on someone's desk? I don't care how angry a community is, someone shouldn't have spray painted his parents garage door.

I never agreed that was ok, because it's not ok. However, when someone goes out of their way to support an SO and things go south, public backlash is expected. I think it's called Karma. I wonder how many letters and testimonies his parents gave to the prison system begging their son to be set free?

Seems like the December jogger that got away was very lucky. Just wish they caught him back then.
Extremely lucky.

From an article I read last night (sorry, no link) somewhere on this thread, it was stated that the jogger's father was a martial arts instructor, and gave her self-defense instruction through the years.

Fortunately, she was able to employ that knowledge- and took the opportunity to elbow her attacker in the nose when given the chance (possibly breaking his nose), and then escape.

Maybe, after that attack (and, I am speculating here), Gardner decided that just the use of brute force was not enough. Just over-powering, was not enough.

I wonder if after that attack, he decided to use a weapon, such as a knife, to help him gain control of his next victim- Chelsea.

He must have been in a vehicle. We have seen photos of him being arrested in front of a restaurant. I assume he got to the restaurant in a vehicle? His vehicle must have been towed from the scene for evidence, I suppose. Have there been any reports about it? If so, it would be interesting to compare with the other two:

When the young girl was attacked but got away, her attacker was driving a gold, 1990s four-door sedan.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/...t.1da2f17.html

The guy who fondled the kids at Wal-Mart was driving a late-model, dark-colored truck with a silver- or chrome-colored storage box in the bed.
http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=10402587

we should remember what the poster who knew him said...that his friends were completely and totally shocked, refusing to believe earlier charges against him...so mabe his parents never believed the charges, especially since he ended up with a plea, they could have convinced themselves that he only took the plea to avoid a worse charger/longer sentence or he could have convinced them. If he is a sociopath, he is likely able to be very charming and convincing, i.e. Scott Peterson...Lacey's friends loved Scott and envied Lacy for his treatment of her...and we all know how Scott's parents refused to believe anything bad about their son since he did not confess...
I don't even have kids, but I had parents unitl recently, and I know for a fact that unless I or a sibling admitted to my folks that we were guilty as charged of a crime, they would never believe we did it. As illogical as it is, they would tend to believe we were being persecuted...I just know it, and they were very smart, logical people.

KGTV (10) local news just said (prior to arraignment) that JAG's mom and step dad left down yesterday.

They are stepping up patrols in the neighborhood from fears of other neighbors.
(That area where his mom and step dad live have many townhomes all in a row - on several streets actually - that basically look alike, so I can see how that adds to their fears if someone were angry about what happened that things could be targeted against the wrong home.

Things are being very tightfly controlled in the courthouse.

There is a separate courtroom for the media - with 18 different news outlets there!

They are one courtroom upstairs and then the relevant people (DA, etc.) will be brought down to speak to the media.

Thanks for the update Darlin Gal. The way the AP had been spinning it more sounded like "it wasn't his" (implying it belonged to another attacker almost). Why didn't they just come out and say it was hers? Oh wait, that wouldn't make for as exciting and dramatic reporting. Ugh.

HLN repeating that the DNA was NOT his, so there is another guy out there. UGH! I sent a text message response, maybe someone will read it???!!!

HLN repeating that the DNA was NOT his, so there is another guy out there. UGH! I sent a text message response, maybe someone will read it???!!!

Yes I guess there is. I posted last night of all rapes reported from 7/09 until now, there were so many.

Trying to phone, but it just rings and rings.

Media is also out of control and needs to be reigned in. They're not helping anything with the constant wrong info they put out.

I've been searching for info on JAG's vehicle for a couple of days, no one seems to know anything. I am not from the area, but it would seem just by looking at TravelBug's maps that he must have had a vehicle to get from place to place.
This info must be being suppressed by LE for their reasons. But I was hoping a local would know if he did or did not drive. This is important, because he may have transported Chelsea by car, dead or alive, therefore leaving evidence in it.
At least from what I have been following, we are not sure of JAG's movements from the time Chelsea went missing until Sunday when he was arrested.
I know that as a parent, even with adult children, you do not want to believe consciously or unconsciously that your offspring is evil. I can see that JAG's family either chose to protect him or refused to think he could have possibly committed those atrocious acts. I can hear it now, "It's the girl's fault! She lied!" etc.
I do wonder, though, what they thought when he appeared with an injured nose in December. He could have explained it away as a fight.
I always try to look for the positive in a terrible situation - and Maybe her death will be the impetus in forging ahead with new and more stringent laws regarding sex offenders.:eek:

What gps tracking would do is give proof of where they were when the crime occurred. It would lead us to victims much faster. It would stop some, not all from committing the crimes. None of this is the ideal situation, but the fact is we will never stop them completely so we must find ways to help in not only prevention but prosecuting these scum and recovering their victims.

I don't know the law for all states, but for many, registering your address is only required as part of your probation or parole, once that time is up (which his was), they can move as they please. The theory is that they've paid their debt to society (yeah, no, not even close, but that is the arguement).

California DOES have a law passed in 2006 stating all dangerous sex offenders paroled are to be electronically monitored for LIFE (and such monitoring is supposed to be paid for by the sex offender!) HOWEVER our wonderful (can you read my sarcasm?) Governor decided we (California) didn't have enough funds for that and so it is not done. Of course, we do have enough money for all the other junk he thinks is more important! Sounds like CA needs a Governor who is much more aggressive on crime and these dirt bags who are walking (thousands strong!) amongst us!

Also, in Califoria sex offenders are required to remain registered for LIFE, not just for the duration of their parole.

I LOVE that the community is out with signs protesting! AMAZING!

Lots of signs outside the courthouse:
- Castrate Rapists
- Chelsea's Law: One Strike
- No Parole for Molesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics