Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the pic of the garage door:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Chelsea King/?action=view&current=3-3-1.jpg

This pic is the only thing I can find about the knife.
Anyone else see anything about it?

Yesterday at the presser, a reporter asked but sheriff said 'no comment' of course.
zknifeandclothing.jpg

Pic source: http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=363208&image=257597&prev=neg#

Chelsea's archive album is updated.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea King/

Thank You so much for finding the pic of the garage door graffiti. You're the best.

Does anyone know what local TV news station will be covering the arraignment today. I looked ahead in the guide and I didn't see any news scheduled at the 2:00pm time slot.

Mick, I would use the facebook pages as well to try and get a hold of someone connected to the family. The tip line is getting slammed and it is very likely you're call will get lost in the shuffle. I don't know if San Diego has used psychics before I've never heard of them saying anything about (versus some areas where they are very open to it).

Here's the pic of the garage door:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Chelsea King/?action=view&current=3-3-1.jpg

This pic is the only thing I can find about the knife.
Anyone else see anything about it?

Yesterday at the presser, a reporter asked but sheriff said 'no comment' of course.
zknifeandclothing.jpg

Pic source: http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=363208&image=257597&prev=neg#

Chelsea's archive album is updated.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea King/

Wow, tempers are running high in that neighborhood. People are transferring their anger onto the parents it is so sad. We cant blame JAG's parents it was not them that abducted and killed Chelsea. As a parent one knows that once your child is an Adult there is really very little that can be done to influence them. If the groundwork is not laid with a child...it cannot be laid in Adulthood. Keep in mind this parent may also be devastated!

The system let the community down. It is unfair to blame someone for the actions of another. There is nothing in our system that requires relatives to be babysitters of these offenders or to monitor them and inform authorities of their actions or behaviors. We are simply asking to much if we believe that this is the responsiblity of the parent or family member of an adult offender. We need to have better assesments done of these types ...a WS poster indicated the problem in its entirety in a past thread. We are wasting time categorizing all these offenders into the Megan Law and ignoring the threat level whereby the ones that need to be monitored are buried by many cases of those requiring less supervison with a lower risk of offending.

Going back to my earlier thread where I mentioned that another poster stated that there should be a run in honor of Chelsea made me think that maybe they should also name one of the trails of the park in her honor. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

Going back to my earlier thread where I mentioned that another poster stated that there should be a run in honor of Chelsea made me think that maybe they should also name one of the trails of the park in her honor. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

Those are both great ideas!!

Mentalist,

While I somewhat agree with you about "blaming" his parents, its not a black or white situation - HUGE gray area here.

His parents (including the grandmother) knew his crimes, knew his propensity for possible recidivism, knew the psychologist's report. With that - they should have monitored him better, especially since he was living with them and listed their address as his.

It would be interesting to hear their account of JAG's December events - ya know, did he have a broken nose? Did they ask him how that happened? etc.

As a parent, I would be horrified if my child had done anything even remotely close to this. I would be on him like "white on rice" everyday, especially if he was living under my roof. I would know where he works, his hours, his friends, EVERYTHING, or he'd be out in the cold and not welcomed back in my house. Plus I would report it all to the local LE so they could be kept in the loop.

With that, its obvious that is not what these people did. And maybe if they had Chelsea might still be with us today. People that harbor these rabid humans and just "turn the other cheek" when it comes to their comings and goings and such need a wake up call. What if he would have killed a relative that had come to visit? What then?

Then there is the question - were they (parents) afraid of him as well? Did he threaten them? And if that is the case - then why didn't they contact LE with their concerns? Why didn't they take some type of legal action to have him removed from their home, or have him charged with the threats?

We simply don't know the answers to these questions as they have not come forward at all. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right about now. But its still a "do the right thing" type of situation and as of now - I don't believe they have and obviously the community doesn't either.

as for the graffetti at JG home, I am wondering if the neighbors know more................
does the apple fall far from the tree?
maybe this is a random act or a message???
did this family KNOW what the son was doing and hid it???
what evidence was taken from the house?
JG must not of worked much if he hung out there.........
Did these parents always cover up for him?

ok I agree that adults cannot babysit other adults, but if my child was a SO with those types of charges I would have to cut them off. I have crackhead relatives who steal, I dont invite them to my home or associate with them. We are talking about brothers and sisters here.

Parents notice things and some act and some choose to look away. However, despite all things I do not agree with spray painting anyones home or terrorizing people. The mob mentality may make people feel good, but it does nothing for our society as a whole and speaks volumes about the citizens of this country. There has to be order, laws to protect the guilty and the innocent, IMO.

I do not want the US to be some third world country or the middle east where we stone and hang people for serious crimes AND also cheating on your spouse. It looks good on paper, but in reality I do not trust any government having that much control over the population nor do I favor returning to the medievil times where people were quartered and tortured. Once you make laws for SO like that then you cant control the tide, IMO. Next thing you know some truly innocent person is tortured to death or you get branded for J walking!! It becomes a witch hunt very quickly. Neighbors suspecting neighbors, a bit too Owellian for me!

I just want us to do better, but I its very alarming about young people and their access to adult material online. I dont think that helps. Also bad parents that shouldnt have kids in the first place. I just don't know how and when we can actually catch a SO. 5ys? 15? 30? It seems they are starting younger and younger.

This is OT to Chelsea, but being new here I don't know where to post, or if I even can/should.
I've just been informed by a cousin that a friend of her brother has been missing since Monday at 7 am. She is a young adult and therefore the police required the wait time, but the family does not believe she left on her own and it is now being treated as a missing persons case. I have her name and her car make and plate. What if anything should I do with this here?

This is OT to Chelsea, but being new here I don't know where to post, or if I even can/should.
I've just been informed by a cousin that a friend of her brother has been missing since Monday at 7 am. She is a young adult and therefore the police required the wait time, but the family does not believe she left on her own and it is now being treated as a missing persons case. I have her name and her car make and plate. What if anything should I do with this here?

What's the location of the disappearance? Age, etc?

You can start a thread with her name, state and any other details that you might have. Look in this forum and either list it under the state she is missing from or start one here in the discussion part.

That should get things going and start our WS's researching and will get the word out.

Good luck and I hope this has a happy ending.

justsomeinfo

Bless your heart and thank you for posting.

WELCOME to Websleuths!

I imagine this would be very difficult for anyone that knew him in RL to comprehend that they actually know someone that is capable of such evil. It just shows how we really don't know many people we're acquainted with.

Sincerely,
fran

Yes, it's extremely hard. I cried when I heard her body had been found. I mean, knowing I was in contact with this guy... it's almost like you feel some sort of responsibility because you were there before it happened even though there's nothing you could do, or no way you could have known.

I work with several college age women and I shared the story with them. I told them to be very careful about who you trust and to never, ever, walk alone at night, especially on a college campus or run in secluded areas. It's not worth the risk.

Mentalist,

While I somewhat agree with you about "blaming" his parents, its not a black or white situation - HUGE gray area here.

His parents (including the grandmother) knew his crimes, knew his propensity for possible recidivism, knew the psychologist's report. With that - they should have monitored him better, especially since he was living with them and listed their address as his.

It would be interesting to hear their account of JAG's December events - ya know, did he have a broken nose? Did they ask him how that happened? etc.

As a parent, I would be horrified if my child had done anything even remotely close to this. I would be on him like "white on rice" everyday, especially if he was living under my roof. I would know where he works, his hours, his friends, EVERYTHING, or he'd be out in the cold and not welcomed back in my house. Plus I would report it all to the local LE so they could be kept in the loop.

With that, its obvious that is not what these people did. And maybe if they had Chelsea might still be with us today. People that harbor these rabid humans and just "turn the other cheek" when it comes to their comings and goings and such need a wake up call. What if he would have killed a relative that had come to visit? What then?

Then there is the question - were they (parents) afraid of him as well? Did he threaten them? And if that is the case - then why didn't they contact LE with their concerns? Why didn't they take some type of legal action to have him removed from their home, or have him charged with the threats?

We simply don't know the answers to these questions as they have not come forward at all. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right about now. But its still a "do the right thing" type of situation and as of now - I don't believe they have and obviously the community doesn't either.

Think about what you are saying "The same parents that were unable to keep him from getting into trouble in the past are now suddenly capable of preventing it after he got out of jail? "

There are major problems with rehabilitation and reform. Some people are candidates are some are not capable of reform and rehabilitation. Alot of people are not aware that most people who are arrested regardless of what prison or institute they served their time are required to be returned to the same state or area where they were originally arrested. Sending them to areas where there is no support system also leads to early recidivism or reincarceration. So if you have a disfunctional person and you are returning them to a disfunctional family there is a good chance there is not going to be much progress made with that decision.

Alot of people think that a person has received the help they needed while incarcerated and families often fall into that falsetto of all is well and the offender has paid for his crime. We do not know what the circumstances are regarding the SO using his parents address nor do we know anything about this persons family history.

In regards to your comment regarding the family should come forward and provide details have you thought what you asking? This family has the right to their privacy and just because some people have a big curiousity in the details of this case doesnt give them the right to violate the privacy of others or demand to have it disclosed. Public records are just that...but we need to understand that although our hearts ache for what happened to Chelsea we have to be respectful to her family and JAGs family.

new poster on this forum my heart and condolences go out to the KING family so sad.another innocent human being killed by a ruthless animal.i think its time people demand a tracking system for these animals.if our legal system is going to continue to turn them loose to prey upon our children.we have the technology to track criminals 24-7.i think we need a national access system that anyone can call at anytime to show the wherabouts of these people.the lives it would save would more than outweigh the cost.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899