CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the people of California decided to set a lion free from the San Diego zoo, resulting in a 17 year old girl being killed, would we blame ONLY the lion?

We know what the lion is. We knew what JAG is. Fortunately, the lion is still in his cage. Unfortunately, JAG was set loose.

What about mountain lions?

So what do you believe? Are you a jogger? Do you run alone? Trying to understand your pov.
No I'm not a jogger. I'm a California female who believes that JAG received a far too light sentence- 30 years was far more appropriate- but I also know to take precautions when I have to be out alone, especially at night, and I'm training my daughter to be wary of strangers. In high school, I was approached walking home by whom I now believe to be serial killer William Bradford. I had the good sense to not get into his car, nor to have a photo shoot with him alone. He left me alone when I insisted I would bring my boyfriend along...
(I'm also a molestation victim)

This guy gets around, unfortunately. It sounds like he's had several unsuccessful attempts... I'd be looking at attempts all over CA now. What a piece of work!

Just before Amber went missing, there was an attempted abduction of a girl, 12 or 13, about 3 or 4 blocks from our house. I contacted LE to tell them to call the Chula Vista PD and ask them about it, when they were looking for Amber.

JMHO
fran

PS...the girl goes to school with my grandson and lives a block or so from them. She talked to my grandson about the incident, but I don't recall what she said.....fran

No I'm not a jogger. I'm a California female who believes that JAG received a far too light sentence- 30 years was far more appropriate- but I also know to take precautions when I have to be out alone, especially at night, and I'm training my daughter to be wary of strangers. In high school, I was approached walking home by whom I now believe to be serial killer William Bradford. I had the good sense to not get into his car, nor to have a photo shoot with him alone. He left me alone when I insisted I would bring my boyfriend along...
(I'm also a molestation victim)

I also believe I was approached by Bradford--in a convenience store during a time I was traveling through California with my boyfriend. BTW, I am also a rape victim.

For those of you in San Diego that want to be part of the court system and perhaps support the King family, you can follow the animal accused of her death. As long as he's being held in jail you can check on where he's being held, his court dates and other information, such as charges, bail etc. http://apps.sdsheriff....net/wij/wij.aspx
Just type in his last name and it'll come up. He's a huge man. 6'2", 230 pounds. No one had a chance against him. His 1st court date is today at 13:30:00. If I could I'd be there just as moral support for the family. I also just got an update from the SD Sheriff's department that shows the charges. He is not eligible for bail. Thank God. ere's the latest news from the Sheriff.

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: N... See More
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:MURDER:FIRST DEGREE
Code:pC
Statute:187(A) PC

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 2
Bail Flag: I
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:RAPE BY FORCE/FEAR/ETC
Code:pC
Statute:261(A)(2) PC

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.

Thank you for the info, unfortunately that link is damaged. Appreciate your looking to keep us updated.

:Welcome-12-june:

And yes I think we all agree no one is blaming his family, we are all just trying to understand the incomprehensible.

Thank you! :)

It is incomprehensible .. I feel horrible for the family, even though I'm sure they did enable in some way, It was in all probability not done with ill intentions.

But, I also always feel bad for the losing goalie even if I'm cheering for the winner in a hockey game. :blushing:

I know this is somewhat OT, but last year at my child's preschool, an 18 yo male teacher was accused of raping a four year old at least two different times. In his affidavit he admitted to doing this, saying it was an "accident". I have seen, firsthand, what something like that does to a community of people, the far-reaching effects of his actions through the last year. I have also seen his mother bash the school, defend her son to the end, and live in complete denial that he did anything wrong. He is under her supervision awaiting trial, and it scares the daylights out of me, because she probably isn't watching his every move, making sure he's not around kids, etc. because she believes he didn't do it. I can see where JAG's family could be living in the same denial, even after a conviction, and not keeping tabs.

SD slaying suspect - LE abduction attempt linked?
11:14 AM PST on Wednesday, March 3, 2010
By SARAH BURGE

Lake Elsinore police are investigating whether the sex offender arrested in the killing of a 17-year-old San Diego County girl might have tried to kidnap a girl in Lake Elsinore in October.

John Albert Gardner III, a resident of the unincorporated Lakeland Village neighborhood near Lake Elsinore, was arrested Sunday in Escondido on suspicion of rape and murder in the disappearance of Chelsea King. San Diego County Sheriff's Department officials said Tuesday that they found a body in a shallow grave near the shoreline of Lake Hodges that they believe is Chelsea.

More at link...
http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_websuspect.1da2f17.html

ETA: I think the sketch within is strikingly similar! The hair color looks slightly off, but I'm placing my bets.

Everybody, you got to see the sketch in this article! Wow. Do you have any doubts it is most likely the same guy? What a shame. Reading the comments is a good idea on this article.

Thanks for posting this.

We can argue the reason behind JAG's parents actions, but the fact of the matter is, it's against the law to circumvent and evade the system to help an SO out. And that could include grandma depending on what grandma knew and how she handled the situation. IMO, the neighbors have a right to be angry....very very angry.

I have a real pet peeve for family members and friends of these creeps who line up and testify how good these guys are and claim they will provide a home for them and promise keep an eye on them. Nice for these people but very bad for the rest of us. Well alot of these guys run from their new home and restrictions placed, meander about wherever and do what they please, and that's usually much worse than what they did before.

Yep, Suzi said it so much better. It's frustrating beyond belief that these people walk free time and time again, and it's not until they get caught for "the big one" that they are finally out of the community for good. I am super-biased, admittedly, and think that there should be a one-strike rule on violent sex offenders.

My heart is breaking! I am so saddened that this happened, what is wrong with everyone nowadays! I'm a criminal justice major and in the legal career world, but seriously Caylee Anthony, Brittanee Drexel, Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, and now Chelsea King. WHY? It makes me so worried as a mom and you can NOT go anywhere alone anymore. I don't know how the victims family and Chelsea's parents are dealing with this. I CAN'T imagine!
How dare this guy! I am so outraged and upset! something needs to be done!!
RIP Chelsea

I am also afraid that he is connected to Amber and with many others that we don't know about.....

May the parents, family, and friends have the stength to get through this. Prayers sent

Does JAG not have a job that he is out in the middle of the day stalking women to rape and murder in a park? URGH!

Someone a few pages back was talking about naming one of the trails after Chelsea. It made me think of the story of Cara Knott. Anyone remember that? I was about 5 at the time but I still remember it. A highway patrol officer pulled her over, off the freeway onto Mercy Road and killed her. As I understand it, in exchange for not suing the city and the state, both allowed her family to dedicate a park in her honor. Only the city, county, state, etc pretty much washed their hands clean of the park and did nothing to help in its upkeep. My dad remembers driving by and seeing Cara's dad out picking weeds in the park because it was so overrun. So sad. Her dad died of a heart attack that occurred while he was cleaning up the park.

I really hope the city and community rallies around the King family.

I'm curious if you can give me some idea of his former girlfriends age's?

They both were '99 grads, so just a couple years younger. But they both had the "young girl" look because they were both so small.

Someone a few pages back was talking about naming one of the trails after Chelsea. It made me think of the story of Cara Knott. Anyone remember that? I was about 5 at the time but I still remember it. A highway patrol officer pulled her over, off the freeway onto Mercy Road and killed her. As I understand it, in exchange for not suing the city and the state, both allowed her family to dedicate a park in her honor. Only the city, county, state, etc pretty much washed their hands clean of the park and did nothing to help in its upkeep. My dad remembers driving by and seeing Cara's dad out picking weeds in the park because it was so overrun. So sad. Her dad died of a heart attack that occurred while he was cleaning up the park.

I really hope the city and community rallies around the King family.

That is heartbreaking! :(

If the people of California decided to set a lion free from the San Diego zoo, resulting in a 17 year old girl being killed, would we blame ONLY the lion?

We know what the lion is. We knew what JAG is. Fortunately, the lion is still in his cage. Unfortunately, JAG was set loose.

Great analogy really. I get your point.

But what if you knew the lion was let out of the zoo, and then you took it and hid it in your garage and let people walk into it to be attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member