CA - Child *advertiser censored* charges against John Mark Karr dismissed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really to bad they could not get Foley to come on tonight too so we could have Pedophile nite and get it over with in one hour...This idiot Karr is living in lala land...:crazy: He gave up his private life when he confessed to the murder...I am turning this s**t off...

How strange... I just last month discovered Dr. Keith Ablow.... and am on my second book of his- Murder, Suicide. I *love* his writing and am pretty annoyed with my local Library because they only have 2 of his books!

What is this show that he has?

shopper said:
:confused: What is the point of this interview, other than to denounce the Ablow interview? He is a very smart man and well-spoken but he can't/won't answer questions that have anything to do with any of his arrests. Does he still want to be the killer of JonBenet? Is he mentally ill? (Duh, but has he been diagnosed with anything?)

good questions...i think i'll skip the Greta interview...

OneLostGrl said:
How strange... I just last month discovered Dr. Keith Ablow.... and am on my second book of his- Murder, Suicide. I *love* his writing and am pretty annoyed with my local Library because they only have 2 of his books!

What is this show that he has?

aaahh, is this Dr the one that he's trying to 'nip in the bud'????

close_enough said:
Yes, it is. That's why I set up my DVR to tape the show which is airing tomorrow. I hope that it is worth it. ;) I watched a few of Dr. Ablow's shows and I don't really like him. I think that he is the one that wrote a book about Scott Peterson when he didn't know anything about him and had never met him.

<Deep sigh> Thank God that's over. I can't even comment on that ridiculous interview. LK didn't go to any lengths to disguise his frustration, lol. It was so pointless and JMK contradicted himself at every turn, when he wasn't hiding behind his lawyer's advice to not talk about anything of interest. :banghead:

close_enough said:

yep... He says Dr. Ablow got him drunk! Who knows though.

shopper said:
<Deep sigh> Thank God that's over. I can't even comment on that ridiculous interview. LK didn't go to any lengths to disguise his frustration, lol. It was so pointless and JMK contradicted himself at every turn, when he wasn't hiding behind his lawyer's advice to not talk about anything of interest. :banghead:

*advertiser censored*, John Mark Karr.....that's the impression i'm getting....(hey, delete this, please)

nanandjim said:
Yes, it is. That's why I set up my DVR to tape the show which is airing tomorrow. I hope that it is worth it. ;) I watched a few of Dr. Ablow's shows and I don't really like him. I think that he is the one that wrote a book about Scott Peterson when he didn't know anything about him and had never met him.

LOL I didn't know he attempted to write Non-Fiction.

Well, Well, Well! He might be :crazy: in some ways and I think I have figured it out.

He seems normal when he's sober, but I think when he takes meds/relaxants or whatever or drinks he turns into a whole different person.

Plain ole John is quite articulate and surprisingly has a more male feeling about him than I thought he would. He is soft spoken but to the point, knows what his attorney has said he can and can't talk about and is making Larry stick to it.

He is interested in a book, no one has approached him about a movie but he would be interested in it to maintain control over how he is portrayed. Said he has protected children and never harmed one and denies he ever said he killed JB.

Interesting , as they showed a clip of Mary who said they would do it again the same way. She said John had a little girl there in Thailand who he felt the same way as he did about the dead girl - exact words, and that is why they thought he was a definite threat .

Well, now Anderson Cooper is discussing this in full, analyzing it backwards and forwards. Who he really is and what he wants.

But I learned one thing, that even though he says the idea of a sex change operation in the future is his own private thing if it were indeed true, he knows all the jingle jangle of proper words and terminology to have an intelligent conversation with any doctor! :rolleyes:

And I think Larry did good. He pressed and pressed in a gentlemanly but cagy way, and John was sharp as a tack and caught everything. I came in late in the interview, but did not hear anything about Ablow.

Scandi

panthera said:
I saw a little bit of this while getting ready for work this morning. I thought I heard Ablow say that he spoke with Karr for four hours ~ but the full interview will be on his show next Tuesday, which is only one hour?
:confused:

Geez, from what I heard on Greta, Ablow and Co. were wining and dining Karr with some alcohol :waitasec: >>>>>>>loose lips? Karr's attorney is :furious:

ETA-Ablow denies any of his staff entertained Karr with alcohol!

hmm

OneLostGrl said:
yep... He says Dr. Ablow got him drunk! Who knows though.
I hardly think that Dr. Ablow would do that. They are probably saying that he was drunk to nullify the contract that he signed. I'm not buying it; and I hope that the show is aired tomorrow!!

One interesting thing I learned is that double jeopardy does not appy to Karr as they dropped the case and he never went to trial. However, he is vulnerable, and if there was cause, could be rearrested again in the JB case.

He is also vulnerable, because from now on every LE that sees him will be taking him all in, watching his every move. Karr said this.

Haa Haa I am sure glad he realizes that. He's going back to Atlanta to spend some time with his dad who is 85. I thought there were some bad feelings in that family towards him.

Scandi

nanandjim said:
I hardly think that Dr. Ablow would do that. They are probably saying that he was drunk to nullify the contract that he signed. I'm not buying it; and I hope that the show is aired tomorrow!!

I hope it is also. After hearing what Dr. Ablow had to say about what JMK told him I'm very interested in watching tomorrow!

Just watched the Greta interview.what a strange customer mr Karr is .Very odd.Did not seem to want to talk and kept looking at his watch.I guess he is lucky his attorney was next to him as I felt Greta was getting a bit angry. All this drunk stuff is probably true. Would not be surprised if he was drunk.Mr.Karr seems very fond of free drinks and food so it is possible he was given alcohol to loosen him up.This guy is a freeloader. Let him just dissappear.He is a nutbar that should be ignored but watched by police .IMO.

Oh, gee, wish Karr would just go home to Dad and get some "help'.Saw Greta interview .What a mess. .Please Mr.Karr just dissappear. This guy has all kindsf issues but he seems very keen on free food and drink!

scandi said:
Well, Well, Well! He might be :crazy: in some ways and I think I have figured it out.

He seems normal when he's sober, but I think when he takes meds/relaxants or whatever or drinks he turns into a whole different person.

Plain ole John is quite articulate and surprisingly has a more male feeling about him than I thought he would. He is soft spoken but to the point, knows what his attorney has said he can and can't talk about and is making Larry stick to it.

He is interested in a book, no one has approached him about a movie but he would be interested in it to maintain control over how he is portrayed. Said he has protected children and never harmed one and denies he ever said he killed JB.

Interesting , as they showed a clip of Mary who said they would do it again the same way. She said John had a little girl there in Thailand who he felt the same way as he did about the dead girl - exact words, and that is why they thought he was a definite threat .

Well, now Anderson Cooper is discussing this in full, analyzing it backwards and forwards. Who he really is and what he wants.

But I learned one thing, that even though he says the idea of a sex change operation in the future is his own private thing if it were indeed true, he knows all the jingle jangle of proper words and terminology to have an intelligent conversation with any doctor! :rolleyes:

And I think Larry did good. He pressed and pressed in a gentlemanly but cagy way, and John was sharp as a tack and caught everything. I came in late in the interview, but did not hear anything about Ablow.

Scandi

Great assessment Scandi! I too picked up on the discussion about a sex change. He wasn't quite clever enough imo to evade the question. The way he answered with all his knowledge about it in Thailand answered Larry's question as far as I'm concerned.

I thought Larry was quite good tonite but I think we have to give his producers credit for that too. Didn't Larry say at one point that they were talking to him in both ears? LOL They must have been going crazy!!

kazzbar said:
Just watched the Greta interview.what a strange customer mr Karr is .Very odd.Did not seem to want to talk and kept looking at his watch.I guess he is lucky his attorney was next to him as I felt Greta was getting a bit angry. All this drunk stuff is probably true. Would not be surprised if he was drunk.Mr.Karr seems very fond of free drinks and food so it is possible he was given alcohol to loosen him up.This guy is a freeloader. Let him just dissappear.He is a nutbar that should be ignored but watched by police .IMO.

I watched it too. I actually enjoyed watching Greta tonight. I think a few minutes into the interview she realized she'd been mislead and she let the lawyer have it. John Karr was a "prop" imo so that they could do damage control for the Ablow show.

For anyone that doesn't know, apparently the producers for the Ablow show flew JMK into NY, put him up in a hotel, took him out to dinner and then to "The Phantom of the Opera". About 11pm they went to where they were to shoot the interview and they gave JMK wine and cheese. The female producer apparently had a refrigerator in her office and kept filling JMK's glass. They told JMK that they wanted to do a screen test or something to show and get the approval of the higher ups. It wasn't a test, it was the real thing and this all happened between 11pm and 2am.

Well, I watched Larry King, and given that Karr was very restricted in what he would and wouldn't say, I do think he came off fairly well. He looked rested and sober. He obviously smart and articulate.

The interview that Amparen and Karr did with Greta, was, in my opinion, a huge mistake! They both looked tired, and Greta was right about Amparen using Karr as a puppet. I was disappointed because I do like Amparen.
On the other hand, inspite of Ablow's statement that Karr was not given alcohol, I don't believe it. After what happened with the ABC producers and the girls school (which everyone heard about) I don't for a second think that Ablow's producers would cop to anything untoward having to do with Karr.
Ablow wasn't even there until he arrived at either ten or eleven at night for the interview, which lasted by both accounts for four hours. That means, by the end of hour three it was either 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m. I am not sure how on top of it I would be in a four hour interview at any time, much less in the middle of the night. Ablow claimed he didn't know if the producers took Karr to the theater or not, and if they did, he didn't know what show they saw.
Ablow hates Karr, and he hated him long before going into the interview. To me, that is not very professional of Ablow. I may change my opinion after I see the show, if it airs.

The other thought I have had about all of this is that I think Karr has a problem with alcohol. When you listen to the phone calls with Tracey, the ones they have been playing, the whole tone of Karr's voice, and his whole demeaner is so different, so exaggerated. I really think that Karr's alcohol combined with Tracey's alcohol made for some very weird stuff. Two lonely guys with their bottles.

jilly said:
I watched it too. I actually enjoyed watching Greta tonight. I think a few minutes into the interview she realized she'd been mislead and she let the lawyer have it. John Karr was a "prop" imo so that they could do damage control for the Ablow show.

For anyone that doesn't know, apparently the producers for the Ablow show flew JMK into NY, put him up in a hotel, took him out to dinner and then to "The Phantom of the Opera". About 11pm they went to where they were to shoot the interview and they gave JMK wine and cheese. The female producer apparently had a refrigerator in her office and kept filling JMK's glass. They told JMK that they wanted to do a screen test or something to show and get the approval of the higher ups. It wasn't a test, it was the real thing and this all happened between 11pm and 2am.

Did he spill his guts in the Ablow interview, more than LKL and Greta? If so, no wonder he's pizzed. He was in control of the LKL interview IMO, but I agree with those that said that Larry did a pretty good job (as well as he could), no softballs tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back