CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't just mess up a car. They shot innocent people. It wasn't even the same type of car, so no, it didn't match the killer's car description. Like I mentioned before...What if those women had been killed? They do not have the right to put other people's lives in danger because they are scared.

They shot innocent people, MISTAKENLY. No malice, no intent to harm them.

And the truck had no headlights on, so it was hard to see, but it looked very close to the description of the killer's truck. They only have a split second to make that decision.

If those women had been killed it would have been a tragedy of epic proportions. I am so damned relieved they were not killed.

And cops do have the responsibility to PROTECT and TO SERVE. Sometimes, in the line of duty, things go sideways. They thought they were protecting an innocent family from a cold blooded killer. THEY WERE WRONG.

Do you think these cops should be fired and arrested?

Of course it was wrong. But innocents get accidentally shot sometimes. Kids with realistic toy guns, store owners mistaken for robbers, mentally ill people who startle cops and act aggressively. It is WRONG and it is SAD, but it happens.

That is exactly what this monster was aiming for too. Domestic Terrorism.

Sometimes circumstances come together to create a perfect storm. Even if you are innocent, if you are driving around with no headlights at 4 am, and you happen to be driving a pick up truck resembling that of a cold blooded killer. and you happen to throw something at the house that is under protection at that time, THEN YES, innocents might accidentally get shot. IT WAS A MISTAKE. A split second decision that was WRONG.

It could have gone the other way. It might have been the killer, throwing an explosive device at the house as a diversion. And when they saw the truck pulling up, with no lights on, and throwing something at the house, they might have thought WAIT---MAYBE thats a newspaper delivery truck. but WHAM, it was the killer and he just shot the cops in the head while they hesitated.

No innocent person deserves to be shot at more than 20x! Stop with excuses for this. And the "If you happen to be..." is making excuses. I guess if these women were killed, it would just be collateral damage.

And unless LE was not paying any attention, I'm sure they would've noticed the second Dorner got out of his pickup. But none of that matters because it wasn't Dorner.

I'm sure they will go on paid leave, but they should be fired, and charge with whatever the offense is for accidentally shooting someone, but with the victim living.

If they do, they can give up their paper routes.

IMHO, LE/State will settle this amicably and not go through the court system. They know what they did was wrong, and should compensate them accordingly. After seeing the bullets in the windshield, there's no excuse for mistaking 2 women for a 270 pound 6 foot man.

But right now, I'm glad they are recovering, and that LE is on the case of finding him. I pray no other innocents get hurt.

Bless -

Mel

They shot innocent people, MISTAKENLY. No malice, no intent to harm them.

And the truck had no headlights on, so it was hard to see, but it looked very close to the description of the killer's truck. They only have a split second to make that decision.

If those women had been killed it would have been a tragedy of epic proportions. I am so damned relieved they were not killed.

And cops do have the responsibility to PROTECT and TO SERVE. Sometimes, in the line of duty, things go sideways. They thought they were protecting an innocent family from a cold blooded killer. THEY WERE WRONG.

Do you think these cops should be fired and arrested?

Um, Yes I think they should be fired and arrested. They shot someone. You can't shoot someone, and face no consequences for your actions. And they did intend to harm them; There are 20+ bullet holes in that truck. They intended to kill the person in there. There was definitely malice involved. If a hit man shoots the wrong person, do they not get charged with it because mistaken identity?

No innocent person deserves to be shot at more than 20x! Stop with excuses for this. And the "If you happen to be..." is making excuses. I guess if these women were killed, it would just be collateral damage.

And unless LE was not paying any attention, I'm sure they would've noticed the second Dorner got out of his pickup. But none of that matters because it wasn't Dorner.

I'm sure they will go on paid leave, but they should be fired, and charge with whatever the offense is for accidentally shooting someone, but with the victim living.

COPS ARE PEOPLE. They make mistakes. I am not 'excusing' it as if it doesn't matter. But I am sympathetic because I know it was not from a malicious place.

" If you happen to be' IS relevant here. It is not an excuse. They were undercover protecting a family and they MISTAKENLY believed the family was about to be attacked. A truck cruising up at 4 am with no headlights on. Why wouldn't they think it was suspicious and possibly the killer?

The rumors here are that this guy has heavy artillery and explosives. So they weren't waiting for Dorner to exit his truck. That would have been too late.

Apparently, he rigged his truck with explosives and a timer, and set it off after he left the area. So some of those rumors are true.

Dorner is the enemy here, not the police force. They are just PEOPLE trying to deal with his maniacal wrath.

During his crime spree, he's been in 4 counties. Orange County were he killed the couple, San Diego County where he went on to the Naval Base, Riverside County where he killed the cop in Corona, and San Bernadino County where he left his burned out truck up at Bear Mountain by Big Bear. I think he's gonna make his final stand in Los Angeles County.

They were saying on the news tonight that the police been on tactical alert all day, and that they think he'll lay low for a few days until the police relax a little bit, then strike again when they aren't so alert.

I think he's long gone from the Big Bear area. We have a cold front coming in so he's going to have to find shelter someplace. IMO

IMHO, LE/State will settle this amicably and not go through the court system. They know what they did was wrong, and should compensate them accordingly. After seeing the bullets in the windshield, there's no excuse for mistaking 2 women for a 270 pound 6 foot man.

But right now, I'm glad they are recovering, and that LE is on the case of finding him. I pray no other innocents get hurt.

Bless -

Mel

Me, too. I'm grateful they weren't killed. I swear half our taxes for our police department go to lawsuits. We'd had a kickass police department if we weren't losing so much to lawsuits.

COPS ARE PEOPLE. They make mistakes. I am not 'excusing' it as if it doesn't matter. But I am sympathetic because I know it was not from a malicious place.

" If you happen to be' IS relevant here. It is not an excuse. They were undercover protecting a family and they MISTAKENLY believed the family was about to be attacked. A truck cruising up at 4 am with no headlights on. Why wouldn't they think it was suspicious and possibly the killer?

The rumors here are that this guy has heavy artillery and explosives. So they weren't waiting for Dorner to exit his truck. That would have been too late.

Apparently, he rigged his truck with explosives and a timer, and set it off after he left the area. So some of those rumors are true.

Dorner is the enemy here, not the police force. They are just PEOPLE trying to deal with his maniacal wrath.

Because it was a completely different brand of car?

If it was Dorner, and his car was rigged with explosives, they would've gone off no matter when/if LAPD started shooting.

It hasn't even been one day since the poor women were shot. May the hype and dust settle on the truth of it all.

Um, Yes I think they should be fired and arrested. They shot someone. You can't shoot someone, and face no consequences for your actions. And they did intend to harm them; There are 20+ bullet holes in that truck. They intended to kill the person in there. There was definitely malice involved. If a hit man shoots the wrong person, do they not get charged with it because mistaken identity?

They didn't just 'shoot someone.' They MISTAKENLY shot someone in THE LINE OF DUTY.

There was no malice involved against the delivery persons. The malice was against Dorner, whom they believed they were shooting at.

And, no, if a person shoots someone mistakenly, under certain circumstances, they would not be charged. If you woke up to noises in your livingroom in the middle of the night, and no one was supposed to be there, and you had a legal right to your weapon, then you would not be charged for shooting the intruder. Even if it turned out to be a tragic mistake, and your friend came by because they thought they were supposed to feed your cat.

MISTAKES HAPPEN. Especially under high stress terroristic conditions.

It hasn't even been one day since the poor women were shot. May the hype and dust settle on the truth of it all.

Let's not forget the guy who was rammed and also shot at through the windshield.
How he wasn't hit I have NO idea... :waitasec:

And no I am NOT forgetting the officers shot. Or those killed by the suspect himself.

During his crime spree, he's been in 4 counties. Orange County were he killed the couple, San Diego County where he went on to the Naval Base, Riverside County where he killed the cop in Corona, and San Bernadino County where he left his burned out truck up at Bear Mountain by Big Bear. I think he's gonna make his final stand in Los Angeles County.

They were saying on the news tonight that the police been on tactical alert all day, and that they think he'll lay low for a few days until the police relax a little bit, then strike again when they aren't so alert.

I think he's long gone from the Big Bear area. We have a cold front coming in so he's going to have to find shelter someplace. IMO

BBM: I think you're 100% correct. After the attempted hijacking of the boat in San Diego, I assumed he was going to Mexico. When in fact, I now think he was heading to a harbor close to LA. LE wouldn't necessarily be looking for him on a boat would they?

Just my opinion of course.

Mel

Let's not forget the guy who was rammed and also shot at through the windshield.
How he wasn't hit I have NO idea... :waitasec:

And no I am NOT forgetting the officers shot. Or those killed by the suspect himself.

He was on the news here tonight. He said he was pulled out of the car and handcuffed until the police got his wallet out of his pocket and checked his ID. I think he was on his way to work. He wasn't hurt but he was not liking what happened to him. He was a heavy set black man. At least he fit the general description of the perp.

They didn't just 'shoot someone.' They MISTAKENLY shot someone in THE LINE OF DUTY.

There was no malice involved against the delivery persons. The malice was against Dorner, whom they believed they were shooting at.

And, no, if a person shoots someone mistakenly, under certain circumstances, they would not be charged. If you woke up to noises in your livingroom in the middle of the night, and no one was supposed to be there, and you had a legal right to your weapon, then you would not be charged for shooting the intruder. Even if it turned out to be a tragic mistake, and your friend came by because they thought they were supposed to feed your cat.

MISTAKES HAPPEN. Especially under high stress terroristic conditions.

You would definitely be charged if you shot your friend who you thought was an intruder. There's a controversial case in Louisiana of Yoshihiro Hattori, who was mistaken for an intruder and killed. His killer was charged with manslaughter, but acquitted, but he was still charged. And that was in red-state conservative Louisiana. So yes I definitely believe that if you shot someone you thought was an intruder but they were completely innocent, you would be charged. I'm sure the family members of the innocent person shot would do everything possible to see justice for their loved one.

High stress terroristic conditions? Um, how is a quiet neighborhood at 4 AM...a terroristic condition?

If someone intends to kill someone, but mistakes someone else for the victim, do they not get charged with the false alarm shooting?

This is EXACTLY why I don't want my son to enter the academy. This is a NO WIN for him.

He says that they are taught that in every single interaction with the public, they have to assume that the other person wants to kill them. Every single traffic stop, every single call they respond to---they must assume the civilian wants them dead. That is the only way they can make it home at the end of their shift in LA.

So they go through each day feeling that stress, and then they have an actual maniac coming after them and their families, and nobody wants to cut them a break. They put their lives on the line every freakin day, but under huge stress, in a split second
decision, they make a bad call, and they should be arrested and go to prison for an innocent mistake.

Those cops that shot those women---they would DIE for those women in their every day routine line of duty. They would lay their lives down for any of us. But they make an honest mistake, and the public wants them to fry.

My son wants to be accepted into the academy more than anything. And I really wonder if it will turn out to be a bad decision. :cry:

You would definitely be charged if you shot your friend who you thought was an intruder. There's a controversial case in Louisiana of Yoshihiro Hattori, who was mistaken for an intruder and killed. His killer was charged with manslaughter, but acquitted, but he was still charged. And that was in red-state conservative Louisiana. So yes I definitely believe that if you shot someone you thought was an intruder but they were completely innocent, you would be charged. I'm sure the family members of the innocent person shot would do everything possible to see justice for their loved one.

High stress terroristic conditions? Um, how is a quiet neighborhood at 4 AM...a terroristic condition?

If someone intends to kill someone, but mistakes someone else for the victim, do they not get charged with the false alarm shooting?

The quiet neighborhood was under heavy protection because a coldblooded maniac was threatening to kill the occupants of that house. Those cops already knew that he had made good on several other shootings already.

Cops don't fall under the same category as you or I in the case of mistaken shootings. They are carrying a weapon in the line of duty to protect and
serve. They would lay their life down in protection of yours if need be.

I've had very little contact with LE in my life. tg A person who has been arrested probably feels harassed by LAPD if they served time. Seems a lot of people in LA have served time. It's been uncontrollable at times over the years.

This is a man with an agenda. He said so in his own words and documeted writings. Why aren't some getting this? Your own child might be shot or family member. Lay low. There is a man who has an agenda. Scarey to say at the least.

This is EXACTLY why I don't want my son to enter the academy. This is a NO WIN for him.

He says that they are taught that in every single interaction with the public, they have to assume that the other person wants to kill them. Every single traffic stop, every single call they respond to---they must assume the civilian wants them dead. That is the only way they can make it home at the end of their shift in LA.

So they go through each day feeling that stress, and then they have an actual maniac coming after them and their families, and nobody wants to cut them a break. They put their lives on the line every freakin day, but under huge stress, in a split second
decision, they make a bad call, and they should be arrested and go to prison for an innocent mistake.

Those cops that shot those women---they would DIE for those women in their every day routine line of duty. They would lay their lives down for any of us. But they make an honest mistake, and the public wants them to fry.

My son wants to be accepted into the academy more than anything. And I really wonder if it will turn out to be a bad decision. :cry:

LE should not and will not be charged and go to prison for this unfortunate accident/incident/mistake/screw up etc...

Only a few think that LE should go to prison for what happened today, and when I say a few, a very few. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell LE how they should react/not react, but to go out and do their job, is very tough. For the most part, I think it's a thankless job, which is very sad.

The current circumstances have made most of So Cal on edge, especially LE. They are under attack by one of their own, a trained officer with a military background. Someone, who has decided that everyone who ever ticked him off in his life, should die. It's absolutely crazy. This maniac has already killed innocent people and has zero plans of stopping, until he is dead.

LE are the good guys here. They serve and protect US! Not all are perfect, but I would rather have them on my side, instead of this homicidal maniac. They are out on the streets tonight, while this maniac has threatened their children/families.

Your son is correct! LE, especially in bad areas out here, must assume regular civilians are coming after them, to do harm to them. They lay their lives down for us, each and every day. You should be proud of your son! We need more men like him. I hope your son gets his dream job!

just came in to catch up on the case. Getting kinda warm in here......
Praying that this perp is caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member