CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The officers were stopped at a red light at Magnolia and Arlington avenues [in Riverside] when a man identified as Christopher Dorner pulled up alongside and fired multiple rounds from a rifle into their car, killing a 34-year-old officer and wounding a 27-year-old officer.

Diaz said civilians helped the officers, who were unable to use their radio to call for help, in the aftermath of the shooting. One of the Good Samaritans trailed the gunman and attempted to identify him, he said.

The 34-year-old officer was an 11-year veteran of the department and has "a young family," said Diaz, during a Thursday morning press conference.

The second officer was shot about a dozen times and underwent surgery Thursday, Diaz said, adding that he expects a full recovery.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...LAPD-Officer-Sought-in-Rampage-190268221.html

Stay safe websleuthers in So. California. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Exactly. And when a person does such horrible things as this man does, ALL their credibility goes out the window for me. I am very well aware of the pervasiveness of racism in our country. But I think this guy is delusional and sees persecution where none has occurred.

I hope tomorrow is a safer day for LE and the public.

I am rather in tune with racism in this country, my husband and I are both minorities in a mixed marriage. I suspect that our kids have a similar ancestry to him, but I could be wrong, and if he is multicultural that can be hard because you don't just get it from the world in general- you also get prejudice from within your own family and community. I get it.

However, this man is obviously delusional. He killed the innocent adult child of the person who attempted to defend and represent him, not one of the people who fired him and could in ANY WAY be considered guilty of some wrong. That's the epitome of delusional.

The minute he did that, he lost all ability to appeal to me with his cause or feelings. He is just another killer filled with grandeur and rationalizations.

Just heard on FOX News that officials have changed their minds and decided to keep schools in Big Bear Lake closed today.

So scary.....a rogue cop. And not just a rogue cop...a rogue cop who has snapped from reality. Beyond scary.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Because it was a completely different brand of car?

If it was Dorner, and his car was rigged with explosives, they would've gone off no matter when/if LAPD started shooting.

It may have been a different brand of car but at night when lights are off, it would be hard to see. Who's to say he wouldn't change cars? I'm not trying to "justify" what the police did but come on, they didn't see these 2 ladies and decide to shoot them. It was a mistake, which they will pay for. I also wasn't there, maybe the officers told them to stop and the women didn't? I'll withhold judgement until I know all the facts!

I think people forget that cops are humans too and they do make mistakes. I'm sure they are upset that they harmed innocent people.

He killed an Asian woman and her African American boyfriend, because he was angry with her father. I am not going to accept him as a Civil Rights Activist. :furious:

This is just a random hunch, but from the time I first saw him I thought he might be Black and Asian. Then there was that picture from facebook that was posted here with him as a child with an Asian couple that may have been correct age to be grandparents. MAY.

I'm wondering if they were his first target because of that connection IF I'm even right. Not their ethnicity independently, but their combined ethnicity.

Fwiw: My husband and I are Black and Asian, so I was kind of tuned into that possibility- but I'm NOT claiming it or dedicated to it. It's just a hunch. Based on looks and pictures, and NOT well developed. I probably shouldn't even say it. But I think it's a relevant possibility. A generation ago, it would have been even harder than it is for my kids.

Just a thought for the back of the head, nothing to run with.

Well, today's my granddaughter's birthday and she gets a day off from school. Too bad it's under such sad and scary circumstances. :(

I saw that the Christian School he attended in first grade and mentioned in his blog is also closed. I understand they closed yesterday after the manifesto was publicized and LE contacted them.

Unbelievable ONE person can cause such terror to sooo many people.

JMHO
fran

UPDATE: Bear Valley And Rim Schools CLOSED Today

http://rotwnews.com/2013/02/08/no-school-bus-service-for-bear-valley-schools/

I could be wrong but my feeling is today he will lay low and wait until things cool off a little. He will surface again because food will be an issue.

I think the public will identify him eventually or he will strike again at some point.

***All JMO***

San Diego authorities are looking at possible charges after determining that a reported sighting of fugitive ex-police officer Christopher Dorner -- an incident that prompted a six-hour search -- was a hoax.

A cellphone call about 10:20 p.m. Thursday led deputies to respond to a home near the Barona Indian Reservation, said San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Jason Rothlein. Authorities were able to enter the home early Friday morning and confirmed that Dorner was not inside, he said.
---
Officials questioned the legitimacy of the report because the caller often changed and embellished the story, Rothlein said.
---
Deputies had "no indication Dorner was, is or has even been at that residence," Rothlein said.
---
more here: Dorner manhunt: San Diego sighting is hoax; officials look at charges (latimeblogs.latimes.com)

I could be wrong but my feeling is today he will lay low and wait until things cool off a little. He will surface again because food will be an issue.

I think the public will identify him eventually or he will strike again at some point.

***All JMO***

I agree. But I think he has had lots of time in planning, probably even has done some test runs and knows where all his targets live. I think he might of bought some MRE's

BBM - IMO - this is what is wrong with our society today. Sue happy people. Opportunists. Get in a little fender bender and people sue, twist their ankle at work and they never work again...it's crazy. "Accidents" turn into money makers for the "victims". Money won't fix what happened to them. Officers screwed up, so these women should get millions, from us taxpayers?? I'm not saying they shouldn't be compensated in the future, but can't we get the suspect in custody before we jump to suing people? :twocents:

These innocent people were shot by cops who are supposed to be there to protect them. If anyone deserves to sue - it is innocent people shot by "professional" law enforcement. I get the cops are stressed out but to shoot the way they did? Come on! I can't imagine the mental trauma much less the physical trauma these people will suffer from being shot the way they were. I too hope they sue LAPD and get millions.

***All JMO***

I think he might be laying low right now, but if they don't find him soon, he will kill again. What makes it even more scary is that now they don't even know what kind of car (if any) he is driving.

He killed an Asian woman and her African American boyfriend, because he was angry with her father. I am not going to accept him as a Civil Rights Activist. :furious:

No one else will either.

Do cops need to know the difference between a Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Chevy/Dodge/Ford?

I know we are a car family... my 9 year old could spot a Toyota Tacoma vs a Dodge Ram.

However, I would think this would be part of the cops training. Is it not?

I still cannot grasp how they thought a Toyota Tacoma was a Nissan Titan. I just can't grasp it.

It was dark and the car had its lights off.

I was wondering. As a southern Californian who is eager for news and to stay safe, can we take the debate about the accidental shootings to another thread? I think it is derailing this one. It's the first time I have not been able to come first to websleuths and get the latest news.

There is a guy on the loose who is purposefully killing people. I worry that any one of my relatives or friends could be caught up in a major chase or gunfight. There are police on all the freeways, everywhere, just sitting there, waiting. Every Amber Alert sign was lit up yesterday. It's a tense situation.

Can we please focus on that?

I agree. But I think he has had lots of time in planning, probably even has done some test runs and knows where all his targets live. I think he might of bought some MRE's

It's not difficult to keep survival food so it's possible for MRE's and high protein supplements. I read his manifesto last night and it does seem like he's taken the time to plan.

He'll surface again, it's a matter of when.

The news this morning made mention of all the weapons he ' could ' have on him but if he's on foot or moving from car to car, how many can he really have on his person ?

Closing paragraph of a metrofrance.com article about Dorner, Google-translated, conveys an eerie sense of fear:
---
At the time of this writing, nearly an hour in the morning local time, Dorner is still at large. His truck was found on fire on a mountain road near the Big Bear station. A serious snow storm, accompanied by strong winds, is expected in the coming hours. The perfect trap. But for whom?
Incroyable chasse à l’homme en direct en Californie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member