CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ERRONEOUS SIGHTING/REPORTING (ETA)

CHP Alert: Dorner Possibly Spotted in Barstow Area

The California Highway Patrol broadcast an alert Friday morning to its officers that Dorner might be driving a white Lexus last seen near Barstow, about 55 miles north of San Bernardino.

Police are already taking extra security measures in the Las Vegas area, where SWAT teams searched a home owner by Dorner on Thursday afternoon.

http://ktla.com/2013/02/08/massive-manhunt-for-ex-cop-moves-to-big-bear/#ixzz2KK3vpCOi

ETA: Updated by LA Times reporter:

Kimi Yoshino ‏@kyoshino
San Bernardino Sheriff and Inland CHP telling us no #Dorner sighting in Lexus in Barstow.

h/t wfgodot

I do hope that they do not underestimate his ability to do lots of harm. I wonder if at some point there will be an apology. jmo

I do hope that they do not underestimate his ability to do lots of harm. I wonder if at some point there will be an apology. jmo

I really don't think anybody is underestimating his ability to do lots of harm. Considering he already allegedly killed 3 people.

What if he's pointed everyone in this direction or that with burning trucks, etc . and he's gone back into town and planning his next move ? So scary.

I read his manifesto, and even though it's clear something is seriously wrong with him, he seems intelligent. He sounds like he has been stewing about perceived slights for literally years and years. What if he has basically pulled off a stunt that makes everyone look over HERE which gives him the opportunity to go any number of places unrelated to his manifesto. I think that's very possible. It could be that he wants to look superior to the cops and make them look like the idiots he clearly thinks they are.

The manifesto actually could use a separate discussion thread. Interesting text, said the English major.

He does seem smart but he should have written a book ! Then he'd get his story out, and not be in prison or dead. Now , whether or not his points are valid or true, is irrelevant. He's a crazed killer and no one will even pay attention to the content of his ' manifesto' .
OT but does anyone remember hearing the term ' manifesto' prior to the Unabomber?
I think he brought the manifesto into the new world !

I read his manifesto, and even though it's clear something is seriously wrong with him, he seems intelligent. He sounds like he has been stewing about perceived slights for literally years and years. What if he has basically pulled off a stunt that makes everyone look over HERE which gives him the opportunity to go any number of places unrelated to his manifesto. I think that's very possible. It could be that he wants to look superior to the cops and make them look like the idiots he clearly thinks they are.
He certainly holds a grudge for a long time.
The first incident he mentions was at six.

He does seem smart but he should have written a book ! Then he'd get his story out, and not be in prison or dead. Now , whether or not his points are valid or true, is irrelevant. He's a crazed killer and no one will even pay attention to the content of his ' manifesto' .
OT but does anyone remember hearing the term ' manifesto' prior to the Unabomber?
I think he brought the manifesto into the new world !
Karl Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" predated Unabomber's.

One wishes Dorner indeed would have written a book instead of taken the course he took; but who would have published it?

He certainly holds a grudge for a long time.
The first incident he mentions was at six.

I think the scarest part in all of this is that the United States military, and the police in California trained him, so we know he has THE best training.

PSA

Lets keep the main focus of this thread on the manhunt. While the accidental shootings are worthy of discussion lets hold off on the intense analysis until the current urgent situation has passed.

Please do not start any additional threads at this time.

Thanks.

Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto" predated Unabomber's.

One wishes Dorner indeed would have written a book instead of taken the course he took; but who would have published it?

A lot of people want to write and publish books. Most of them don't succeed.

TWO people. And it disturbs me how people are excusing this.

No one is excusing this. It's inexcusable. It's terrifying that our local trained police are calling it "mistaken identity". All the buzz around here (other forums, friends, my FB page, my office) is about this. It may not be front page of national MSM at the moment but that's because there is a deranged killer on the loose.

Wonder if he listens to a police scanner ???
He has this planned to the T.......
imagine all the guns and ammo he has...
you just don't carry them.
What did he do with all that while trying to steal a boat?
So happy he didn't hurt that older man

No one is excusing this. It's inexcusable. It's terrifying that our local trained police are calling it "mistaken identity". All the buzz around here (other forums, friends, my FB page, my office) is about this. It may not be front page of national MSM at the moment but that's because there is a deranged killer on the loose.

He has nothing to lose, he knows he killed 3 people already,
so in his eyes what if he kills more?
Casualties of "war" to him?
Very scarey!

PSA

Lets keep the main focus of this thread on the manhunt. While the accidental shootings are worthy of discussion lets hold off on the intense analysis until the current urgent situation has passed.

Please do not start any additional threads at this time.

Thanks.

Whoops, just saw this! :x I was catching up on the overnight replies.

Agree, I also read it. He's an injustice collector. He sounds articulate and at times even logical, except he has a lot of pent-up anger over perceived wrongs. He apparently has been brewing over these wrongs for a very, very long time.

Tragic that he couldn't re-direct his rage towards doing something constructive and positive about it.

I didn't catch this little tidbit until this morning --

Navy Cmdr. Brad Fagan said officials believe Dorner had checked into a base hotel on Tuesday and left the next day without checking out. Numerous agencies guarded the base on Thursday. Fagan said Dorner was honorably discharged and that his last day in the Navy was last Friday.

So why was he discharged from the Navy last Friday? Then begins killing on Sunday (Quan and fiance)?

Does anyone know the backstory to his discharge?

Thanks,

Mel

Source: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013...x-cop-wanted-in-killings/?page=2#article-copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth