CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the timing of it, sounds like being discharged was what pushed him over the edge, so to speak.
He got fired from LAPD, all his appeals failed, and then he is discharged from the Navy as well.
Certainly not a successful career at that point.

something happened in his relationship to estrange his mom, sister and ex wife,

True, and it doesn't necessarily mean there was anything wrong with his performance. These days (because everyone has stayed in due to the economy), if your current rank and rate (the job you do) has 3000 people in it and there are only 100 promotions to the rank you want available, the majority of people trying to promote are passed over.

My SO had over 20 years in and due to the above was discharged a year ago. It's a sad situation, and I think it produces a lot of anger in these people. It's just a numbers thing but when it involves your livelihood it can be a huge blow to some.

It is horrible when someone like your SO had dedicated so much time and effort into his job and to be summarily dismissed through no fault of his own. I can see how that would cause a lot of internal turmoil, especially because his identity was likely wrapped up in the job. It was how he saw himself, and how he felt needed and validated...

I have to admit I feel some sympathy for this perp because it does sound like he might have actually experienced some injustices throughout his life. However, I also think that is true for most everyone. No one except by the grace of fortune is immune to life's hardships. And life is often hit-and-miss, random -- at times great, at times not-so-great and even tragically bad. I'm reminded of the phrase, "I never promised you a rose garden." That describes life in general.

The thing is is that we have to learn to adapt and roll with the punches. Wild cards are thrown in our direction, and we have to make the best of what we have and what we are given. It's much easier said than done though. Unfortunately, this perp was unable to cope in a healthy manner.

By the timing of it, sounds like being discharged was what pushed him over the edge, so to speak.
He got fired from LAPD, all his appeals failed, and then he is discharged from the Navy as well.
Certainly not a successful career at that point.

very humiliating to a proud man...........
I wish someone would of seen the red flags and got him some help before all this happened.
At his age, starting over with so many personal problems....
tradgity ready to happen IMO

It is horrible when someone like your SO had dedicated so much time and effort into his job and to be summarily dismissed through no fault of his own. I can see how that would cause a lot of internal turmoil, especially because his identity was likely wrapped up in the job. It was how he saw himself, and how he felt needed and validated...

I have to admit I feel some sympathy for this perp because it does sound like he might have actually experienced some injustices throughout his life. However, I also think that is true for most everyone. No one except by the grace of fortune is immune to life's hardships. And life is often hit-and-miss, random -- at times great, at times not-so-great and even tragically bad. I'm reminded of the phrase, "I never promised you a rose garden." That describes life in general.

The thing is is that we have to learn to adapt and roll with the punches. Wild cards are thrown in our direction, and we have to make the best of what we have and what we are given. It's much easier said than done though. Unfortunately, this perp was unable to cope in a healthy manner.

I agree. Most people experience what we consider injustices over the years. Especially in a bad economy.

After a year in the police academy, Dorner was assigned as a patrol officer in Los Angeles' Harbor Division in 2006.

That year, he clashed with a former girlfriend. Dorner, in a June 2006 request for a restraining order, accused her of cyberstalking and harassing him by making intimidating phone calls and posting his name and badge number on the Internet.

Court papers filed by Dorner include an anonymous post on the website dontdatehimgirl.com, labeling him as severely emotionally and mentally disturbed.

"This guy is twisted. ... He is super paranoid, always thinking that everyone is out to get him," said the posting.

The post continues: "Anyway be careful because this guy is a police officer. ... He will probably think he can get away with anything."

She denied the allegations in a response to the court, which rejected the restraining order.

Jamie Koyama, 34, said she was deployed in Kuwait with Dorner between 2006 and 2007. On base, Dorner took part in football games and watched out for stray cats.

"He was a really, really nice guy," she said. "He always had a smile on his face."

More at the link:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/dorner-495119-police-officer.html

The father of a man allegedly beaten by an LAPD officer, prompting a string of events that led to a massive manhunt for another former officer, urged the suspect on Thursday to turn himself in.

The man who was the victim of the alleged brutality that Dorner described, Christopher Gettler, is a schizophrenic San Pedro resident who does not remember Dorner. But Gettler's father, Richard, does.

Richard Gettler urged Dorner to turn himself in, saying the manhunt and shootings of an Irvine couple and several police officers were "horrible."

Gettler said Dorner should "just remember his heart."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ners-Manifesto-Urges-Surrender-190301371.html

The news this morning made mention of all the weapons he ' could ' have on him but if he's on foot or moving from car to car, how many can he really have on his person ?
He's had enough time to plan that he could have stashes of weapons scattered across the areas where he wants to attack people. If I were a crazy wanting to murder a number of different people in different locations, that's what I would do. That way once one incident is over, he could drop whatever weapon he used, attempt to leave that area, and then pick up the weapon(s) he wanted to use for the next incident. He wouldn't need to carry his arsenal from place to place, just pick up a part of it as he wants to attack.

JMO

The Press Conference from Big Bear wasn't very informative.

When asked how far they had followed the 'tracks' from the burned truck, the speaker responded, "Until they ended."

The Press Conference from Big Bear wasn't very informative.

When asked how far they had followed the 'tracks' from the burned truck, the speaker responded, "Until they ended."

I wonder what that means??? Where did they end? could he have back tracked in his own prints and led them on a wild goose chase????

I wonder what that means??? Where did they end? could he have back tracked in his own prints and led them on a wild goose chase????

I think that is entirely possible, or something similar. He seems to be making some sort of sick "game" of this.

he is an intelligent man. And that is especially worrisome.

he is an intelligent man. And that is especially worrisome.

True.

I wonder if it won't be the undoing at the end. He may overestimate his ability to assess situations and err in a manner that reveals his position/exposes his vulnerabilities.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member