CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ski slopes at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit are open today. I don't believe Dorner is still in Big Bear.

This guy planned so much he knew where the cops family lived... and possibly detonated his truck with a timer.
There is no way he left himself without a vehicle up there. A motorcycle, or a cheap car he bought with a fake ID.
He has a plan and I don't think it includes being stuck up in the mountains with a vehicle.
If it included ambushing the cops up there I think he would have done it already. :twocents:

He was on the news here tonight. He said he was pulled out of the car and handcuffed until the police got his wallet out of his pocket and checked his ID. I think he was on his way to work. He wasn't hurt but he was not liking what happened to him. He was a heavy set black man. At least he fit the general description of the perp.

Just to clarify:
That was a DIFFERENT guy. He was just in a parking lot, having just flown in. They did do all of that but did NOT shoot at him.

I'm sure there have been many people questioned because they looked like the suspect. :seeya:

This brings up a question for me...

When LE gets a warrant to search a place... But the person is not there... Do they still go ahead and search.. Even though they could not locate the person who owns/resides/etc. there?

TIA! :seeya:

That depends on what the warrant is for.
If it is ONLY for the person, they can't search anything smaller than the person could hide.
If they have a warrant for the house AND the person they can search the house anyway. (I'm sure they did in this case.)

I grew up in BB, lived there for 30 years, BBHS grad, etc

my ex still lives there, have talked to him numerous times since this began

the road where the truck was burned is a forestry road which loops around town. access is open on one end of the loop but the other end is gated/chained by the US Forest Service. local chatter is that he was using the back road to bypass the main roads and turned back because of the gate

house to house searches cannot be done in a timely manner IMO because, for example, if there are 14 houses on a block most often just 2-3 houses are occupied by full-time residents

many vacation homes have rental signs but most do not. there are more private-use vacation homes than rentals

also, BB is overwhelmingly white and it is not possible for a person of color to go unnoticed, even under "normal" circumstances

there are 3 highways off the mountain, yes, but numerous back roads lead to Lucerne/Apple Valley areas or toward Yucca Valley/Palm Springs. good thing here is that those back roads have very little traffic/the conditions of the roads are iffy at this time of year

I grew up in BB, lived there for 30 years, BBHS grad, etc

my ex still lives there, have talked to him numerous times since this began

the road where the truck was burned is a forestry road which loops around town. access is open on one end of the loop but the other end is gated/chained by the US Forest Service. local chatter is that he was using the back road to bypass the main roads and turned back because of the gate

house to house searches cannot be done in a timely manner IMO because, for example, if there are 14 houses on a block most often just 2-3 houses are occupied by full-time residents

many vacation homes have rental signs but most do not. there are more private-use vacation homes than rentals

also, BB is overwhelmingly white and it is not possible for a person of color to go unnoticed, even under "normal" circumstances

there are 3 highways off the mountain, yes, but numerous back roads lead to Lucerne/Apple Valley areas or toward Yucca Valley/Palm Springs. good thing here is that those back roads have very little traffic/the conditions of the roads are iffy at this time of year

Thank you for this information! I only knew of two roads out of there.

IMO he is long gone from BB. I think that he is layin low -and waiting. I really don't think he will be found-until HE wants to be found. (if that makes sense)

Actually I think he got snowed in in Big Bear, listen to the scanner threads, they seem to think so too!

From the South- Highway 330, Highway 38, and Highway 18, from the North- Highway 18 and Forest Service Roads- looking at a map right now.

YW

don't have the hwy #s straight in my memory but we called them the "front way" (Berdoo/San Bernardino), the "back way" (Lucerne/Apple Valley), and the "Redlands way" (Redlands/Palm Springs)

Actually I think he got snowed in in Big Bear, listen to the scanner threads, they seem to think so too!
I think it's a possibility. Part of me thinks he wants to draw them into an ambush at a place and time of his choosing and go out with a bang. Part of me thinks he is far, far away (perhaps even back in LA) laughing at the cops are they go stumbling around this mountain on a wild goose chase as he plans his next move.

That being said Dorner had a few hours head start after he set his truck on fire and it's discovery. I doubt he is on that mountain, it's too obvious.

He could be anywhere right now ... and that is what bothers me. Dorner scares me. The fact that this guy has seemingly vanished into thin air, has cops shooting at anything that moves, and has civilians panicking has me terrified. This is not going to end well.

He has been ruminating over perceived hurts and unfair treatment for his entire life. Eventually everything started looking like one. You say "hello" to him and you are being snarky or demeaning to him. I was reading the manifesto out loud to my sister and jokingly said "he's gonna go all the way back to 5 years old and someone took his cotton candy" and just then he started talking about high school. He is very ill. The question is how he made it onto the LAPD with the apparent personality disorder he has. He thinks that he will be a hero and that the people he singles out will listen to his grandiose advice. Gov. Christie will start losing weight. Michelle Obama will keep her bangs because he likes them. He advises movie makers, sports stars, a whole list of people who I am sure cringe at his endorsement.

Something going on at Central Jail (downtown Los angeles). "Twin Towers" is locked down. Lots of helicopters.

Am waiting for further info.

Best-
Herding Cats

Apparently the huge LASD "Twin Towers" county jail complex is on lockdown due to an 'unconfirmed report' that someone resembling Dorner was spotted in the area.
losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/08/twin-towers-jail-facility-on-lockdown/

This is becoming absurd. It reminds me of he hysteria following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 and the Beltway Snipers in 2002.

Excuse me for a minute guys ... I think I have to go make sure Dorner is not hiding under my bed :what:

Live on ABC7. Twin Towers on lockdown. "Possible" sighting of murder suspect.

just spoke w/ the ex: 6 inches of fresh snow this morning, snowing so hard he can't see across the street, chains required, main highway cleared so-so, side streets buried. so he's walking to the grocery store

we were talking about routes out of town. he verified that the road where the truck was found leads down the back side of the mountain to Redlands

Dorner manhunt: Twin Towers locked down after new 'sighting' (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
The Twin Towers county jail in downtown L.A. was locked down Friday morning after an employee reported seeing someone entering the building who resembled fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner.
---
"Out of a preponderance of caution, we have locked down the jails and closed the street," said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Sheriff's Department.

He said the person who resembled Dornan could be a contractor or someone else who works in the jail. It was unclear how long it would take for authorities to check the facility.
---
a bit more at the links

Possible Dorner Sighting in DTLA, Twin Towers on Lockdown, LAPD Back on Tactical Alert (laist.com)
---
The Los Angeles Police Department has gone back on a citywide tactical alert within the last hour; they had been on tactical alert Thursday and overnight, but the order was lifted at 7:30, when LAPD officials said they had sufficient personnel to cover regular duties and the additional protective patrols assigned to those singled out in Dorner's manifesto.
---

I think it's a possibility. Part of me thinks he wants to draw them into an ambush at a place and time of his choosing and go out with a bang. Part of me thinks he is far, far away (perhaps even back in LA) laughing at the cops are they go stumbling around this mountain on a wild goose chase as he plans his next move.

That being said Dorner had a few hours head start after he set his truck on fire and it's discovery. I doubt he is on that mountain, it's too obvious.

He could be anywhere right now ... and that is what bothers me. Dorner scares me. The fact that this guy has seemingly vanished into thin air, has cops shooting at anything that moves, and has civilians panicking has me terrified. This is not going to end well.

Try not to be scared, just follow your normal safety steps. There are lots of criminals out there who just haven't announced their superiority and intentions, so do lock your doors and always be cautious. He is just another criminal who thinks, like Ted Bundy did, that he is too brilliant to be caught. He's hiding now. Sweating and scared, but relishing hearing his name on the news. He has gotten the attention he craves. I hope they can take him alive; I think he wants suicide by cop and I hate to give him that. I want to see him take the perp walk in the orange jumpsuit with the other killers.

Sorry, I am unnaturally angry at this guy. His using the misdeeds of others as an excuse to murder people and threaten children makes me sick. Getting fired sucks and unfairly even more so. It's not an excuse to kill innocent people.

Aren't the Grammy's on Sunday in Los Angeles? This could be awful...especially since he wants media attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper