CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. There is so much misinformation thrown around and bullets flying into random truck from every which way...I'm just not sure what to think.

If he sat in a vehicle right near a McDonalds or a Starbucks he could use their free wifi.

Phones with cellular service 4G, etc. can get on the internet and he won't even need to be near any free wifi.

Phones with cellular service 4G, etc. can get on the internet and he won't even need to be near any free wifi.

If he has a cell phone with him, police could track it.

I believe his main challenge will be keeping anything charged. It's hard to be on the run and twiddling your thumbs while your phone is plugged in.

Maybe he has extra batteries, but I am thinking most of his big plan was disrupted when his axle broke.

I believe his main challenge will be keeping anything charged. It's hard to be on the run and twiddling your thumbs while your phone is plugged in.

Maybe he has extra batteries, but I am thinking most of his big plan was disrupted when his axle broke.

Extra batteries or alternate source for charging. There are manual chargers and solar chargers too.

It wouldn't be wise to still be carrying a cell phone or iPad at all, but he probably is.

Somebody could be helping him hide. He does have friends. But I am having a hard time believing they would be helping him. Also, I am sure police are looking at people he knew to see if they know anything about his whereabouts.

I am trying to think of fixed and non fixed technology which could keep him online without being tracked. If you hack into someone's Wii that has online capability, for example, or Xbox. Whatever.

I am late to this story as well-have they sent non LAPD members of LE after him? Perhaps he will feel he is getting a fairer shake if he isnt being hunted by the department he is so upset with.

The Truck "Burning" was a Perfect way for ALL LE to be "tied-up" and centralized in one location. the Storm was timed with perfection. It helped him ,get the the next place . Yep !!! He had another "ride" down the mountain. Are u guys still saying he's ONLY working ALONE? He's got to have some Collaborators.If so, then these "Collaborators" are other people with similar "angst" toward the LAPD, Other Wrong-firings types, snitches that got burned, undercover agents that got identity leaked,etc.

I don't think he has any collaborators. He's too egotistical. He wants to be known as the lone ranger -- the one-man "hero" (and I use the term hero very loosely to describe what he thinks of himself).

There may be some peeps who feel so bad for him they'd help shelter him in an extra shed or basement though. But I don't consider them collaborators which I define as people who intentionally plotted alongside him to get revenge on the LAPD.

Regardless, he is going to have to make a move soon to keep himself relevant. Public attention and media attention are very fickle.

I think there are non lethal ways to do this-right now he has our full attention. Why not call into a radio show or TV show?

Somebody could be helping him hide. He does have friends. But I am having a hard time believing they would be helping him. Also, I am sure police are looking at people he knew to see if they know anything about his whereabouts.

JMO...Big maybe. I see him as ex LE ex mil, and I don't imagine any LE or military guys offering him "help".
He's different than the usual criminal in that he doesn't have a history of criminal activity..and friends that are in that line of business. (AFIK.)

We do know police have been to his mother's home a couple of times, at least once with a search warrent. They also went to his storage locker.

I know that so far, everything he has done seems to be done for a purpose. The broken axle was unscheduled. If his destination was his mothers undeveloped land, that would have been not so bright because he'd know that it's a matter of public record and his former buddies at LAPD could have that info in seconds and go after him. So I don't feel that's where he was headed, with or without the broken axle.

I know he torched the truck for a purpose. Was it just another calling card, an in-your-face type of thing to taunt them? If so then he had to have had a plan B, an exit. Otherwise that would have been a dumb move. JMO.

I don't think the property was his destination. I'm just saying that he was probably familiar with the area because his mom owned property there. Whether the axle broke on its own or while being towed, which they can't say for sure, he was headed there for a reason. So I'm sure he had other plans close by. He may have had to go on foot unexpectedly due to the axle, but he was in the area for some reason.

His mom must be very worried. Maybe I missed the part of the manifesto where he addressed her specifically.

With a million dollar reward out, if anyone is helping him, that could get tempting or even be the purpose. Seen that happen lots of times. Family knows where a perp is hiding, a cash reward is out, family sneaks in a call to LE to cash in.

I feel the truck was a decoy, He has had many months to plan, have back up plans and plans to to back them up.. I would bet he moves at night.. Lays low during daylight. He has had the warfare training and he knows what he is doing. he could have weapons stashed, supplies and more under ground. With the time he has had to plan he could be anywhere.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/190333881.html

The search for accused cop killer Christopher Dorner has led federal agents to the Las Vegas Valley, where Dorner owns a home.

A gun store he stopped at and often made purchases each time he came into town.

Melendez said the last time Dorner came into the store he bought lunch for the entire staff

I'm near positive this perp has a vehicle (likely a car/van registered under a fake name rather than a motorbike to carry his ammo) with a charger for his phone. He sounds like someone who is well-planned and organized. He likely purchased another cellphone and registered it months in advance under a fake alias as well.

Right now he's probably hiding out and working on his next grand operatic move. I think he's considering holding hostage a tv station because he's enjoying the media attention too much. He probably sees himself as Rambo on a mission.

I don't think the property was his destination. I'm just saying that he was probably familiar with the area because his mom owned property there. Whether the axle broke on its own or while being towed, which they can't say for sure, he was headed there for a reason. So I'm sure he had other plans close by. He may have had to go on foot unexpectedly due to the axle, but he was in the area for some reason.

Gosh, I'd be so surprised if the truck was towed in the old fashioned way. I would think it was carefully placed on a flatbed truck, and taken that way. Anyone know?
They probably photographed it in, out, under and over. I would think before transport they would have know if the axle was broken. (Looking it over carefully for bombs, evidence, etc.) JMO

I have a solar charger for my cell phone. He's had two years to plan this, so I would think that he's figured something out. I would guess that he is hunkered down somewhere with a tv watching it all and reveling in all of the attention that he is getting, while planning his next move.

Just a random thought, but if LA is anything like the rest of the country I'm sure there are vacant/for sale houses all over, probably within a block or so of all of his targets. He could stay in one for a while before anyone noticed.

I have a solar charger for my cell phone. He's had two years to plan this, so I would think that he's figured something out. I would guess that he is hunkered down somewhere with a tv watching it all and reveling in all of the attention that he is getting, while planning his next move.

Just a random thought, but if LA is anything like the rest of the country I'm sure there are vacant/for sale houses all over, probably within a block or so of all of his targets. He could stay in one for a while before anyone noticed.

That happened in a case here. The man was in the attic of a vacant house watching t.v. news. His family turned him in for the reward for Christmas money. He was only a couple of houses away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela