Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points.
JMO-- more musings on his behavior, self preservation, garnering empathy, apparent motivation...

Any chance this could be some habitual splitting behaviors? Maybe he had some symptoms of borderline personality disorder?

Might what we have observed be a little window into what it was like to know him, work with him, have a relationship with him?

I think his whining essay, along with his (alleged) murder pattern add up to someone who's looking for sympathy and knows how to obtain it, even as he (allegedly) is killing in cold blood.

He seems skilled at leaving lots of turmoil in his wake, alive or dead.

I agree. The manifesto was just a ploy for sympathy after having already killed and knowing he could continue to kill and get rid of life long anger, resentment, frustration, inadequacy while on his way to suicide. That rambling mess made it clear to me that this was lifelong. While his issues may not have been the in your face kind upon first meeting, I'm sure they were after getting to know him and listening for a while.

I did not understand speaking to people he never knew, like Hillary Clinton, but hey, he'd just murdered, was going to murder some more, and he was about to kill himself so....

He was rather obvious he was not going to be convicted. So offering a large reward for conviction was pretty much risk free.

Well, that goes to their credit, they're economical, no matter what else.

I think this is a completely unfair characterization - I haven't, nor have I seen anyone else post "in favor" of what Dorner did. I have, and have seen concern about what LE did, and what LEs mindset was. Not the same thing at all.

I concur. No one here has posted anything in favour of Dorner.
It's just a shame some cannot seem to grasp the points you are making.

I agree. The manifesto was just a ploy for sympathy after having already killed and knowing he could continue to kill and get rid of life long anger, resentment, frustration, inadequacy while on his way to suicide. That rambling mess made it clear to me that this was lifelong. While his issues may not have been the in your face kind upon first meeting, I'm sure they were after getting to know him and listening for a while.

I did not understand speaking to people he never knew, like Hillary Clinton, but hey, he'd just murdered, was going to murder some more, and he was about to kill himself so....
Well-expressed (as always!) but can't agree. There is much in the manifesto - rambling, true, the words of an alleged murderer justifying killing the children of those who he perceived had done him wrong (loathsome in the extreme) but....something there. If it had been only a ploy for sympathy he would, I think, have mentioned his and his buddy's return of the $8,000 in cash in a bank bag they found in Enid OK and returned to the church that had lost it.

Manifesto, for all its faults and silliness and evil, gobsmacked me.

Well-expressed (as always!) but can't agree. There is much in the manifesto - rambling, true, the words of an alleged murderer justifying killing the children of those who he perceived had done him wrong (loathsome in the extreme) but....something there. If it had been only a ploy for sympathy he would, I think, have mentioned his and his buddy's return of the $8,000 in cash in a bank bag they found in Enid OK and returned to the church that had lost it.

Manifesto, for all its faults and silliness and evil, gobsmacked me.

Plus, if it was a 'fresh' manifesto uploaded for the first time a few days after the couple were murdered, why didn't he mention those murders in the manifesto? Maybe he did, I dunno due to there now being that many versions out there. I don't think he did mention them though.

Plus, if it was a 'fresh' manifesto uploaded for the first time a few days after the couple were murdered, why didn't he mention those murders in the manifesto? Maybe he did, I dunno due to there now being that many versions out there. I don't think he did mention them though.

I am pretty sure he was writing that manifesto for while. It's very long. He probably waited to upload it but it could have been completed a while back.

I took it that he did when he was saying you may not understand what I have done to his friends.

The man clearly had a melt down, but, it was one that had been building all his life. IIRC he started with an incident from the third grade.

He didn't mention them. I think the manifesto predated the Quan/Lawrence murders and was saved as a document then uploaded whole afterwards, without additions (as he perhaps had run out of space - the thing ended in mid-sentence).

I took it that he did when he was saying you may not understand what I have done to his friends.

The man clearly had a melt down, but, it was one that had been building all his life. IIRC he started with an incident from the third grade.
Age 6 actually - first grade I think? That inclusion didn't affect me one way or another. I distinctly recall an instance of prejudice from second grade which made me so mad at the time that I can still recall to this day everything that was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfgodot
Another from DM.

NO ONE will get $1.2m reward for leading cops to Dorner because he wasn't 'arrested or convicted'

Quote: jjenny
Nice picture also of Jim Heltebrake and his Dalmatian, Suni.
It was rather obvious that Dorner wasn't going to be arrested/convicted at the time offer of a reward was made. So I guess it was a risk free reward.

RE: Reward
Yep, check is in the mail, huh? May dilute the effectiveness of future reward offers, imo.

'Interesting video' - Click Fox News to view
[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/2162939811001/did-media-exaggerate-christopher-dorners-reputation/?playlist_id=921261890001[/ame]

You're watching...
Did media exaggerate Christopher Dorner's reputation?

I have not posted on this topic but have read all of the posts and have tried to get some kind of explanation in my mind how this person could go to such extremes. Obviously he had anger problems that took so much of his being - whether they were justified or not. Looking at pictures, those arms of his were large! I have been wondering if he had been taking steroids and with previous problems, the steroids made that anger even more pronounced... Still does not excuse the murders - I hope they are able to determine just what was in his system. I have a need to try to answer how he could get this screwed up.

Since the body would be badly burned, I doubt they can do any testing for substances.

EXACTLY, and thank you. My uncle was a detective, after going through the ranks. Some of his stories made me sick to my stomach, and not always at the perp.

Just because there is police corruption you have heard of doesn't mean there is in this case. Dorner may be the corrupt cop that lied about his superior to get his way, the cop you should be suspicious of. He murdered four people and threatened to kill many others even children. So yeah I'm going to believe this psycho... No. LE actions in his capture at the cabin were 100% justifiable iMO.

It was rather obvious that Dorner wasn't going to be arrested/convicted at the time offer of a reward was made. So I guess it was a risk free reward.

Likely why no one reported Dorner except the couple who were held hostage. They figured it was likely a sham reward.

Don't shoot the messenger.. What Christopher Dorner did was wrong.. I am simply trying understand why he did what he did.. It has been my experience that history has a way of repeating itself.

Why did he let the civilians live?

The fact is that he did not let civilians live. He already killed Quan, an innocent young female civilian with her whole life ahead of her.

The only reason he "let" others live is that they did not say or do anything that he perceived as disrespectful yet. Mark my words. Had they cussed or said anything to put him in his place, he would have shot them, point-blank.

Yep, check is in the mail, huh? May dilute the effectiveness of future reward offers, imo.

Yeah but it probably won't dilute their effectiveness. Thing is, the type of people that would ONLY turn him in for a reward have to be pretty sleazy and probably none too bright ya know?

So they would get so excited about that million bucks they wouldn't over analyze the situation. On the other hand it probably also brings in hundreds of worthless tips.

Since the body would be badly burned, I doubt they can do any testing for substances.

charred
something that is charred has been burned until it is black:
the charred remains of a body

There is always a chance. After all, he was in the basement with things collapsing on him.

Age 6 actually - first grade I think? That inclusion didn't affect me one way or another. I distinctly recall an instance of prejudice from second grade which made me so mad at the time that I can still recall to this day everything that was said.

I'm certain we can all relate to being disrespected or discriminated against in subtle or blatant ways throughout our lives -- whether you're rich, poor, tall, short, fat, skinny, attractive or not, etc., there's always someone who will not like you for whatever reason and will say/do ignorant things to you. It's wrong but it's human nature and happens all the time. That doesn't give Dorner or anyone the right to seek vengeance.

Another interesting aspect of the case is the way certain issues here seem to build bridges between the concerns at the edges of the political Right and Left: the (possible) use of drones to track and attack - civil liberties of American citizens both here and abroad. Unchecked power and the death by fire - Waco, 1993 (and MOVE, 1985, Philadelphia, and S.L.A., 1974, Los Angeles, - and the Tulsa race riots of 1921). Dorner's possible hoarding of a cache of weapons and Second Amendment rights.

IMO, this notion that Dorner was showing empathy because he did not murder anyone except those he *promised to murder* is assanine. This is not empathy, folks. This is control.

Yup, he was playing GOD. He decided who was to live and who was to die. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member