CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@ Seajay ,that doesn't make any sense.just more bunk.

I know it doesn't make sense, that's what I've been trying to tell you. You are saying that LE saying there was a gunshot inside the cabin proves nothing. I'm saying then it was a set up perpetuated by LE so everyone listening will think it meant something when it didn't. I'm just following your logic. If that doesn't make sense then how do you think I feel. :waitasec:

Ok, back on topic.

I do think it would be useful for an independent 3rd party to investigate the Dorner firing, as well as the allegations wrt racism within the department. I, of course, assume they will investigate the two civilian shooting incidents that occurred during the Dorner manhunt. Regardless, even though Dorner's gone, I think an investigation would be prudent. Esp in light of another ex-LAPD officer who made this ineresting comment. ( link )

“When the Department terminated you, they intentionally tried to ruin your life,” Bentley explains. “That’s how they discredited you. Dorner isn’t the first ex-police officer to have a manifesto or some sort of hit list.”

And he should know.

[...]

He says that when he left the Department he had a manifesto of his own. Not one that involved killing anyone, but a list of people who had wronged him during his time at the Department.
I've raised this before, and I will raise it again. While most people of color face racism on a daily basis, and will have bad days, even months, sometimes, where the racism figures large in their world view, they do not go off on shooting rampages. Still, I can see how chronic racism can build up over the years.

Now, add that to what Bentley claims "they intentionally tried to ruin your life"? If true, it certainly makes Dorner's world view less narcissistic and more worthy of considering. Not to excuse his behavior, of course. Bc there is no excuse for murder.

Rather to better understand the progression, identify warning signs, consider potential triggers, find a means for "draining off" the toxicity for victims of chronic racism (think of it as the boil on the butt of mankind), and, address offending behavior where ever possible.

To do this however would require a "real dialogue" between caucasians and people of color.

To do this however would require a "real dialogue" between caucasians and people of color.

So what exactly are "people of color". Japanese? Chinese? Saudi's? Iranian's? Israelis?

Please specify. Also are you implying "Caucasians" aren't people?

Actually I honestly do not care and do not want to be having any conversations on the topic. It was a rhetorical question.

So what exactly are "people of color". Japanese? Chinese? Saudi's? Iranian's? Israelis?

Please specify. Also are you implying "Caucasians" aren't people?

Actually I honestly do not care and do not want to be having any conversations on the topic. It was a rhetorical question.

Ummmm....that wasn't my post. That statement you quoted above was from shadowraiths' post (????)

From the Search Warrant ( link ):

On 02/08/2013, Detectives from the Irvine Police Department executed the search warrant on the Dorner residence located at [redacted], La Palma. During the search Natasha provided consent to Detective A. Guo to look through her iPhone. During this review of Natasha's cell phone Detective A. Guo was able to identify Dorner's cell phone numbers as 714-299-2537 and 714-905-4087. Additionally, Detective A. Guo identified one of Dorner's email addresses as onyx pilot@hotmail.com. A second email address for Dorner was identified through social websites as pocketnuke32@gmail.com.

Quite a few off topic posts have been removed, as well as links to non-msm rumor-type blogs. Let's remember who we are and where we are please.

:tyou:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Dorner-Boat-Ride-to-Mexico-191674981.html

Dorner Tried to Hitch Boat Ride to Mexico: Sources
The ex-LAPD officer tried to charm fishermen at San Diego's Driscoll Wharf in an attempt to hitch a ride via boat to Mexico

By Chris Chan and Wendy Fry | Monday, Feb 18, 2013 | Updated 7:50 AM PST

"Ex-LAPD officer-turned-fugitive Christopher Dorner, who went on a deadly shooting rampage and then died after a shootout and fire last week, first tried to charm fishermen in San Diego’s Driscoll Wharf into giving him a ride to Mexico, sources told NBC 7."

"Fishermen at Driscoll Wharf told NBC 7 exclusively that Dorner was on the pier near Nimitz and Harbor Island Drive on Feb. 5 trying to charm his way into a boat ride to Mexico.

“He kept saying he wanted to go fishing off Mexico. I said ‘Mexico? That’s kinda weird. You could go fishing on the bay,’” said Jeremy Smith, a commercial fisherman.

Smith spoke exclusively with NBC 7 on Saturday night.

Smith and others at the dock said Dorner was willing to pay $200 to $400 for someone to take him out to sea. He told the fishermen he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan and just wanted to go fishing in Mexico first."

More with video...

Experts weigh in on use of tear gas in Dorner case

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22614883/experts-weigh-use-tear-gas-dorner-case

The issue is whether the SWAT deputies deployed pyrotechnic tear gas grenades with the specific intention of setting the cabin ablaze with the potential to burn Dorner alive inside, as opposed to using the tear gas for its traditional purpose of incapacitating a violent suspect.

Sheriff's officials have confirmed the cabin fire ignited after deputies deployed the hot tear gas canisters, but have emphatically denied SWAT members purposefully used the grenades as incendiary devices.

To some, however, the official story does not match what they heard on television. Audio broadcast live by news stations including CBS 2 and KCAL 9 have segments that have convinced some that deputies planned to light the cabin on fire.

"Burn it down," one voice can be heard shouting on a KCAL 9 video posted to YouTube.

"Get going right now," replies what sounds like another man on the ground.

On the CBS 2 audio feed, a voice or voices can be heard exclaiming "Shoot the gas ... get the gas ... burn the gas. Burn the gas."

A third item on YouTube, represented as being a recording of scanner traffic from the Tuesday battle, includes audio of a voice saying "We're going to go forward with the plan, with the burn like we talked about."

"Seven burners deployed and we have a fire," a male voice says.

"Copy. Seven burners deployed and we have a fire," a female voice replies.

Dorner reward decision will take some time, LAPD says

Citing a high volume of inquiries about the $1-million-plus reward offered in the Christopher Dorner case, Los Angeles police said Monday that officials are still trying to determine what will happen to the money.

In a statement, the Los Angeles Police Department said the money "cannot be distributed until the investigation is complete, which takes time."

“Someone owes me $1 million,” Rick Heltebrake, the ranger, said last week, adding he wouldn't mind "parting it three ways" with the others.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-reward-million-decision-lapd.html

“Someone owes me $1 million,” Rick Heltebrake, the ranger, said last week, adding he wouldn't mind "parting it three ways" with the others.

----------------------------------

More than 20 jurisdictions and entities are involved in this reward, so all of them will be coming together to collectively determine whether any individual(s) qualify for it,"
the statement said. "Our personal hope is that the reward will be distributed, but we must follow the rules and respect the procedures of each entity."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-reward-million-decision-lapd.html

That quote just rubs me the wrong way... it gives the impression that he did this for the money.
I don't know... I guess I just can't imagine saying that to the media right after.
But I'm weird... and likely wouldn't accept the reward to begin with unless I was in a dire financial situation. :twocents:

If you do something expecting a reward or thanks... maybe you are doing it for the wrong reason? :waitasec:

I would give that 1 million split two ways to the two families who just lost fathers/husbands to the suspect. :please:

More than 20 jurisdictions and entities are involved in this reward, so all of them will be coming together to collectively determine whether any individual(s) qualify for it,"
the statement said. "Our personal hope is that the reward will be distributed, but we must follow the rules and respect the procedures of each entity."

That quote just rubs me the wrong way... it gives the impression that he did this for the money.
I don't know... I guess I just can't imagine saying that to the media right after.
But I'm weird... and likely wouldn't accept the reward to begin with unless I was in a dire financial situation. :twocents:

If you do something expecting a reward or thanks... maybe you are doing it for the wrong reason? :waitasec:

I would give that 1 million split two ways to the two families who just lost fathers/husbands to the suspect. :please:

A few days ago my husband wondered which LE officer would get the reward money and I told him I didn't think they would be eligible because catching a fugitive was their job. (I was very sure of myself LOL) Even the ranger, he is LE, I thought?? Crass comment IMO from Heltebrake, the ranger.

No, that ranger is not LE. But I am not sure from his story whether he actually managed to call the police before they spotted Dorner on their own. The couple also called police prior to him being carjacked.

I also heard the scanner comments wrt the burn. And it certainly sounded to me like they were talking about burning the place down. I also recall something about them not waiting for night fall. Since the shooting had stopped, I had wondered why they didn't just try to wait him out (since he did not have hostages). Otoh, I'm not LE, and do not know what their tactical procedures are.

Additionally, I didn't hear the claimed single shot. Just the scanner chatter saying there was a single shot and the discussion about the burn. I know initial reports stated he started the fire, and I had wondered how he could do that if he supposedly shot himself. That is, since the claim about the single shot comments came before the cabin began to burn. Then again, reports were all over t he place, and I had turned off the news shortly after the cabin went up in flames.

That said, I can see this, among other things, being a continued bone of contention btwn those who think the cabin was purposefully set on fire and those who don't. I admittedly lean in the direction that the fire was purposefully started.

Whatever the case may be, I admittedly do not see this reaching a resolution.

No, that ranger is not LE. But I am not sure from his story whether he actually managed to call the police before they spotted Dorner on their own. The couple also called police prior to him being carjacked.
If he's a park ranger, then he would be LE ( link )

ETA ~ nm, I guess he's some sort of boy scout camp ranger ( link )

I absolutely agree. I didn't like that statement either. :(

Yeah, me too. I recall listening to him being interviewed, and I was admittedly appalled they way he started going on about the money.

When his car was stolen by Dorner didn't he also call his friend (a LEO) instead of 911?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back