CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NBC Bay Area ‏@nbcbayarea 3h

RT @christies_nbc: #Developing: Search dogs back at Oak. apartment. 21 month old Daphne Viola Webb still missing. pic.twitter.com/NPXLOr0YJs

Katie Marzullo ‏@KatieABC7 3h

#new: Police K-9 units came & went quickly from the home of missing 21 month old Daphne Viola Webb, in Oakland. pic.twitter.com/etQ7Iav8Ja

KGO Radio ‏@kgoradio 3h

RT @jennalane: Two cameras are mounted outside the Int'l Blvd market where Daphne Webb was reported missing. pic.twitter.com/o4TZQMidWW

Katie Marzullo ‏@KatieABC7 1h

Father of missing #Oakland toddler, Daphne Webb, is being questioned by police inside OPD.
@abc7newsBayArea pic.twitter.com/SSEOLBGQVL

well....this certainly doesn't loook good....

Is that really the only photo they have of her? in a bath tub??? Imean almost every cellphone has a camera. surely there is a better one.

It's sad that we all suspected JW first thing.

Even more sad that we were most likely right in our assumptions.

I don't think they arrested him for leaving a child correctly restrained in a car for under 5 minutes.
We have seen cases where a child was actually abducted with a stolen car, parents were not charged.

I had 2 kids 10 months apart with special needs and it was NOT safe to get them out at a gas station.
They stayed in their rear facing seats in the locked vehicle while I ran into a gas station.
I could see the always locked, never running vehicle in mild temperatures.
The "cop gas station." Sometimes the cops would make faces at my kids through the windows. :facepalm:

If she wasn't in a car seat, the car was unlocked and he was gone longer than that, I could see charges.
I think this is something to arrest him on until they find Daphne and charge him with more. :twocents:

.@oaklandpoliceca says suspect info woman with long black hair, Latina or African American still valid. Daphne Webb missing toddler @KTVU

They've gotta just be covering all their bases with this one? Because who saw her? Carrying a child wearing clothing similar to Daphne's? (I remember the article was very vague re: whether the clothing was an exact match). Going to look for link.

Is it possible dad enlisted an accomplice, either in the form of the woman with the long black hair or in the form of a witness to the woman with the long black hair.

Okay guys, here's the deal. Yes, Websleuths is Victim Friendly. So what does that mean for this case?

In this particular case, LE has asked for independent sightings of the little girl in the last 30 days. They have put up crime scene tape around the father's home and last I heard, were awaiting a search warrant, but it sounds like they may have now gone in and processed. The father was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment in specific relation to this case.

So...we allow discussion of Daphne's father and his actions. You can discuss his behavior and what happened, as it relates to the case. You may not attack or bash him. We do not accuse him of anything. We do not even call him a suspect. And sleuthing him and his past is NOT open, because he has NOT been named a suspect, just charged with ENDANGERMENT. But yes, of course we can discuss him. He was the last one to see Daphne and his story doesn't quite add up. Even to LE and MSM. In case you're interested in the specifics, here's our Victim Friendly policy...

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

They released the father's photo but so far no sketch or surveillance photo of the long haired woman.

Okay guys, here's the deal. Yes, Websleuths is Victim Friendly. So what does that mean for this case?

In this particular case, LE has asked for independent sightings of the little girl in the last 30 days. They have put up crime scene tape around the father's home and last I heard, were awaiting a search warrant, but it sounds like they may have now gone in and processed. The father was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment in specific relation to this case.

So...we allow discussion of Daphne's father and his actions. You can discuss his behavior and what happened, as it relates to the case. You may not attack or bash him. We do not accuse him of anything. We do not even call him a suspect. And sleuthing him and his past is NOT open, because he has NOT been named a suspect, just charged with NEGLIGENCE. But yes, of course we can discuss him. He was the last one to see Daphne and his story doesn't quite add up. Even to LE and MSM. In case you're interested in the specifics, here's our Victim Friendly policy...

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I am always so confused by this...
Are we or are we not allowed to say we think his story is a load of carp (if that is in fact what we think) if we say so very nicely?

Fwiw, the date on the bathtub photo is 6-17-13

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 84
Fwiw, the date on the bathtub photo is 6-17-13

Too bad that means nothing.
You can set the date on the camera to say whatever you want it to. :facepalm:
I don't know if it's the same way with a phone though. So if it's a cell phone picture that might be accurate?
I'm sure there is an app on the Iphone that allows you to add the date.

Too bad that means nothing.
You can set the date on the camera to say whatever you want it to. :facepalm:
I don't know if it's the same way with a phone though. So if it's a cell phone picture that might be accurate?
I'm sure there is an app on the Iphone that allows you to add the date.

Fwiw whenever my cellphone runs out of power and I have to open it with the pin code I have to reprogram the date again, otherwise it's always in 2010.

I am always so confused by this...
Are we or are we not allowed to say we think his story is a load of carp (if that is in fact what we think) if we say so very nicely?

You are allowed to say that you don't think his story adds up, and why.
You are not allowed to call him a lying...anything.

Hope that helps.

This appears to be the place. Rough looking area. Honestly, not sure if they'd have surveillance cameras.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=7838...Blvd,+Oakland,+Alameda,+California+94621&z=20

Also, very interesting updated video at this link.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Oakland-Police-Search-for-Missing-Child-214978071.html

The search now also involves the FBI.
They are searching the area of her father's home as well as the shoreline.
They have gone into the water at some point looking for her.
Crime scene tape is up around her father's house. They've been asking around his neighborhood.
Cops are gathered outside waiting on a search warrant to enter the home and thoroughly search.
The "suspect" is not verified. A child was seen with a woman wearing "something *similar*" to what Daphne was last seen wearing.

This is a strange statement, imo

NBC Bay Area ‏@nbcbayarea 3m

JUST IN: Neighbor of missing Oakland toddler Daphne Webb tells NBC Bay Area she hasn't seen girl for several weeks. http://bit.ly/189D5FM

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...15065591.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Police said they took Webb into custody Wednesday night. He remained in custody Thursday morning as they continued to search for the girl.

----------------------

Dozens of police officers were outside the home Wednesday night.
They returned at 6 a.m. Thursday morning with a search dog. Three patrol cars stayed outside the apartment complex overnight.

-----------------------

But somewhere along the line police began to consider the possibility that the little girl never was with her father outside that market.

They want to know all they can about John Webb and questioned him,
although police say he is not a suspect as of Wednesday night.

What would be the reasons LE wouldn't name the mother?

OH NO :(
I went out for groceries and am just now back. Where are you little Daphne?
Be ok , be ok, be ok , be ok PLEASE !

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3