CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is interesting. I didn't expect to see something like this. Maybe I have to rethink things.--- from the article:

"He's just an all-around great guy," Owens said of Webb, noting that for years, Webb had drawn lines of people to his front door as he gave away food, clothing, bicycles and more. "He knew everybody. He was just always trying to do good.
"John took real good care of his mom. I sure hope this is (just) a family dispute of some sort."

neighbor in cleveland said the same about the guy who had the 3 women in his house..

Was seen ... by whom? I'd really like to confirm that there were other, unrelated witnesses and not just an account from the dad that he only caught a glimpse as she went around a corner and then was gone. Just to ease the pressure of my ever-worrying mind.

Very nice ;)

Ok, this is so scary. A ) leaving a baby in a car with a grandparent seems reasonable enough to me. You would expect no one would walk up and take the child with any adult in the vehicle. If you looked inside and saw an older person, you would not automatically assume they are mentally disabled , dementia, alzheimer's etc, and think you could get away with it, so I find that's a safe enough idea for only being in a store a minute or two.
B ) Seven months ago is the last independent sighting by a neighbor? C ) why does LE want to see anyone who's seen dad with baby in the last 30 days? D ) has something different been going on in dad's life the last month ? ( out of town, new job, new gf, etc) F ) Was baby ever in daycare or with a sitter? Dad just stayed home with her all day , every day ? G ) W T H ??????

JMO - Just exploring possible scenarios, NOT accusing - I wonder if he might be protecting his elderly mother from some sort of neglect accident that occurred on her watch sometime in the past?

I suggest this because he seems by all accounts to be an overly caring person who wouldn't harm someone himself, but who would go out of his way to help someone and who accepts full responsibility for taking care of his mother as well. I imagine if one were caught in a situation where their elderly mother was watching a small child and something happened to the child, one might find themselves caught up wondering whether they'd be soon losing their child AND their mother in some way, if the accident weren't covered up.

It's a stretch, I know. Just my first thought. Standard lack-of-caffeine disclaimer applies (still working on my coffee).

This is so weird. This is the same exact pic of her in a bathtub but someone photoshopped a black tshirt onto her and darkened her face and hair. But the rubber ducky is still right behind her. Same EXACT pic as the OP.

daphne_webb_missing_child_1373505623473_444442_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

source - http://www.10news.com/news/u-s-world/authorities-search-for-missing-oakland-child-071013

OP pic:

Daphne-Viola-Webb-jpg.jpg

Ok, this is so scary. A ) leaving a baby in a car with a grandparent seems reasonable enough to me. You would expect no one would walk up and take the child with any adult in the vehicle. If you looked inside and saw an older person, you would not automatically assume they are mentally disabled , dementia, alzheimer's etc, and think you could get away with it, so I find that's a safe enough idea for only being in a store a minute or two.
B ) Seven months ago is the last independent sighting by a neighbor? C ) why does LE want to see anyone who's seen dad with baby in the last 30 days? D ) has something different been going on in dad's life the last month ? ( out of town, new job, new gf, etc) F ) Was baby ever in daycare or with a sitter? Dad just stayed home with her all day , every day ? G ) W T H ??????

Regarding question B, I don't think it's necessarily anything scary. He had moved around Christmas so a former neighbor not seeing him for months wouldn't be strange.

We went back to Webb's neighborhood on 75th Avenue, where he grew up.

"He has never come across to me as somebody who would abduct a child or harm a child," said Jenny Whooton, the father's neighbor.

We asked the father's neighbor, Olga Lopez, when the last time was she saw John Anthony with the baby. She told us, "I would say seven months ago."
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9168504

A neighbor at Webb's most recent listed address, about half a mile from the site of the kidnapping, said Webb is Daphne's father and had lived there for years with the child's mother as well as his own mother.

The neighbor, Bill Owens, 70, said the family had moved out of the home around Christmas, around the time that Daphne had started walking. Webb had already raised two daughters now in their 20s at the same home, said Owens, who had trained the girls in martial arts when they were younger.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_23635013/oakland-police-search-missing-girl

The current address:
Police and the FBI also spent several hours at a home on Greenridge Drive, where the family has been living, searching the home and talking to neighbors in an attempt to verify the father's story, police said.

The shop is closer to where he used to live than where he lives now.

The girl's father, John Anthony Webb, told police that just after 11 a.m. he left an elderly relative -- possibly his 87-year-old mother -- and the toddler, Daphne Viola Webb, in his black Ford SUV and went into Gazzali's Supermarket at 78th and International Boulevard.
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so....014806&vpsrc=0&gl=fi&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=13

D is a search site.
They then turned their attention to the Martin Luther King Regional Shoreline Park at Doolittle Drive and Swan Way, beginning a search of the park around sunset. Police have not said why they searched the park, which is not far from the Oakland airport.

If the demented mother is sick enough not to notice a kidnapping she may require constant care so maybe dad was home with both of them? If she was in daycare you'd think they'd have some definite sightings at some point.

Thank you Donjeta. I've not clicked every link in the thread yet, so hearing he moved at that time does make me feel MUCH better :)

The shop is neatly halfway between the park and his home although it may be irrelevant if she's been gone longer than from yesterday.

Paraphrasing here. jMO On the evening news, ABC7, the elderly relative was confirmed to be Webb's mother with dementia. The neighbors haven't seen the baby and father together in at least several weeks. The dogs have been searching the area. At least a dozen police are also searching an area along MLK jr. Shoreline, wih dogs searching along a trail there. They have cordoned off a trail as a crime scene

If true.... Neighbors haven't seen baby and father together in at least several weeks...

and LE asking people to come forward if they have seen the child or dad in the last 30 days....

I am certainly getting some ideas!

JMO

This is strange and not much information. I hope Daphne comes home today. All I can think about is, if he does help people and is very caring, and helped someone who is crazy, which we have seen before. The person might want the girl for herself.

So did dad work? If so, who watched the baby? Why don't we know anything about the mom?

Can't tell if dad went into a supermarket or a liqueur store. But either way, shouldn't there be video from surveillance cameras?

Good question...

Store is :

Jazzali's Liquor Store
7838 International Blvd.
East Oakland, CA

Clerk, Daniel Chavez, reports dad came in for just a few minutes...

and dad is a regulator at that store...

I wonder when the last time(s) dad was in that store... And if he was with the child at that time?

JMO

I wonder if the child had her 18 month check up and who took her to the doctor.

This appears to be the place. Rough looking area. Honestly, not sure if they'd have surveillance cameras.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=7838...Blvd,+Oakland,+Alameda,+California+94621&z=20

Also, very interesting updated video at this link.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Oakland-Police-Search-for-Missing-Child-214978071.html

The search now also involves the FBI.
They are searching the area of her father's home as well as the shoreline.
They have gone into the water at some point looking for her.
Crime scene tape is up around her father's house. They've been asking around his neighborhood.
Cops are gathered outside waiting on a search warrant to enter the home and thoroughly search.
The "suspect" is not verified. A child was seen with a woman wearing "something *similar*" to what Daphne was last seen wearing.

I am encouraged that LE has quickly started thoroughly searching the supposed home of the child... Dad's home...

And... That FBI has been called in...

JMO

JMO - Just exploring possible scenarios, NOT accusing - I wonder if he might be protecting his elderly mother from some sort of neglect accident that occurred on her watch sometime in the past?

I suggest this because he seems by all accounts to be an overly caring person who wouldn't harm someone himself, but who would go out of his way to help someone and who accepts full responsibility for taking care of his mother as well. I imagine if one were caught in a situation where their elderly mother was watching a small child and something happened to the child, one might find themselves caught up wondering whether they'd be soon losing their child AND their mother in some way, if the accident weren't covered up.

It's a stretch, I know. Just my first thought. Standard lack-of-caffeine disclaimer applies (still working on my coffee).

I don't think its a stretch at all. I think this is a very likely scenario. The problem is the witness who claims to have seen the woman with the baby. Could he have cruised around waiting until he saw a woman/baby that resembled his daughter and then chose that moment to invent the kidnapping story?

Okay so the "abductor" was seen by witnesses, not the father.
(This explains why the father didn't chase her down.)

This could be some innocent person who happened to walk by at the time with a black toddler.
This doesn't seem like an area that is predominately white. So a black toddler wouldn't be rare.
I say that because I live in an area that is about 90% white. We see black people like once a week here.

Paul Chambers ‏@PaulChambersTV 2h

#AmberAlert #OaklandPd increased its search for Daphne viola Webb. Police are searching the shoreline near Oakland airport @KTVU

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...from-SUV-in-Oakland-4657904.php#photo-4901265

The father said he had not seen the kidnapper, but people in the area soon reported seeing a woman carrying Daphne in her arms down the sidewalk, Watson said.

Police said the woman was described as a Latina or light-skinned black woman in her 30s, with very long black hair. She was wearing a light-colored top and blue jeans, police said.

Daphne is black, with short, curly black hair and brown eyes. She was wearing clothing similar to orange pajamas with pink hearts, and pink socks.

Just a thought...

I wonder if dad saw this "suspect" who was innocently waking with a child... Noticed what the child was wearing...

And reported that Daphne was wearing that...

Therefore.. Witnesses were able to"see" the "suspect"...

though it was not the dad's child they saw in actuality...

Just a thought...

"The neighbor, Bill Owens, 70, said the family had moved out of the home around Christmas, around the time that Daphne had started walking. Webb had already raised two hdaughters now in their 20s at the same home, said Owens, who had trained the girls in martial arts when they were younger."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_23635013/oakland-police-search-missing-girl

MHO

Not accusing anyone, but this article has a picture of the dad who is 49 years old and has 2 adult daughters. It also has more up to date info & pics of where they are searching.

Prayers for this family and the baby girl.

This article provides a great deal of information...

but... I wonder why Daphne's mother's name was not released...

and I am curious about the status of her relationship withJohn Webb?

JMO

This is interesting. I didn't expect to see something like this. Maybe I have to rethink things.--- from the article:

"He's just an all-around great guy," Owens said of Webb, noting that for years, Webb had drawn lines of people to his front door as he gave away food, clothing, bicycles and more. "He knew everybody. He was just always trying to do good.
"John took real good care of his mom. I sure hope this is (just) a family dispute of some sort."

I wonder what line of work the father is in.... Considering he is able to give away food, clothing, bikes...

where did this food, clothing, bikes come from?

Was there a steady stream of these items?....

Or were they just items that he and his daughters did not need anymore?

:waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme