CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had a zillion pix of my 2 yr old pouting, angry or crying. My 6 yr old son had a camera and took pictures of her crying whenever possible. I am not sure we should read too much into it.

Haven't seen anything since that post about the marine unit coming in.

It's sad that this is the "much better" picture of Daphne. :facepalm:

5g74.jpg

(I think this might be edited badly... I'm going to look for the original.)
I'm not sure what they did to that picture... this is the original.
They enlarged and distorted it. I do not know why.

omyg.jpg

Hello pretty girl :)

I wonder if elderly grandmother is competent at all with details, names, memory etc. or just clueless as to what goes on . I hate to sound harsh, but some old folks don't know what year it is or their own children's names and would have very little good information in an interview about a missing child.

True...

I am hoping this woman has a safe place to go to...

Or someone to stay with her...

It doesn't sound like she is capable of taking care of herself...

:(

True...

I am hoping this woman has a safe place to go to...

Or someone to stay with her...

It doesn't sound like she is capable of taking care of herself...

:(

This case is confusing to me in that the father was reported to be such a good caretaker for his mother. That is a difficult job to take on. And he has two grown daughters that turned out very well. So why would he do something horrendous to this adorable little baby now? Maybe there was a horrible accident and he tried to cover it?

Caregivers of older adults suffering from dementia operate under a great deal of stress and it is common for caregivers to suffer from depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, agitation, etc.

Daphne's father was not only providing care for his mother who reportedly suffers from dementia, but also for a toddler. It is unclear if Daphne's mother is involved or how much help this man receives in caring for his mother and Daphne. I imagine he carried a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, and I hope that he did not snap under the pressure.

It's sad that this is the "much better" picture of Daphne. :facepalm:

(I think this might be edited badly... I'm going to look for the original.)
I'm not sure what they did to that picture... this is the original.
They enlarged and distorted it. I do not know why.

omyg.jpg

FINALLY a better picture of the poor child.

I'm re-enacting the whole scenerio in my mind.

Dad parks car and walks into store.

Woman appears from nowhere ... from down the street, around the block, in another building, ... walks to the car, opens the door, climbs in, unfastens the toddler, carries her out, and walks way down the street where no one can see her anymore.

Dad comes out of store and discovers his daughter is gone. He doesn't see anyone carrying her away. Does he call out to her? Is she already out of voice range?

I'm tempted to try this, (not leaving the child, obviously) just to see how long it would take. The shop keeper would know how long the man was in the store.

Hi. Have been away since last night, and finally caught up.

Here is a theory, for what it's worth...
We have a black, high off the ground (compared to a normal car), Ford SUV, with tinted windows.
We have a middle aged father, who already raised 2 daughters to adulthood.
Dad is primary caregiver to a toddler, and his mother with dementia. (Not so easy to be primary caregiver to one, but two... very hard.)
Dad is considered to be a very kind person by several neighbors.

I suspect that Dad left both in a hot car, and the little one died. Grandma got a little less lucid. I suspect this happened last week, as it wasn't that hot yesterday.

My reasoning.... Dad already uses the leaving in the car excuse as how daughter disappeared. I think he has done this before. The weather last week went from coldish and raining to blazing heat without warning. It took many people by surprise. In fact, my niece is a vet tech, and on last Monday, by 10 am, the first of many dogs were brought in dead from leaving them in the car. The weather changed that quickly. In fact, the headline in the paper last week was "From Drizzle to Sizzle"

This is pretty sad all the way around, and I pray they find Daphne, but I can see this happening. JMHO

I'm re-enacting the whole scenerio in my mind.

Dad parks car and walks into store.

Woman appears from nowhere ... from down the street, around the block, in another building, ... walks to the car, opens the door, climbs in, unfastens the toddler, carries her out, and walks way down the street where no one can see her anymore.

Dad comes out of store and discovers his daughter is gone. He doesn't see anyone carrying her away. Does he call out to her? Is she already out of voice range?

I'm tempted to try this, (not leaving the child, obviously) just to see how long it would take. The shop keeper would know how long the man was in the store.

I have custody of a 2 year old granddaughter. Getting her out of her carseat is a production.

I can guarantee that any stranger trying to take her out of my SUV would be noticed. She would scream and cry. Stranger Danger is real at that age.

Also if this "kidnapper" wasn't wearing gloves, there would be fingerprints on the car door, or the carseat.

I hope they talk to ALL of the apartment building's residents, and question them about the last time they saw or heard this baby. I've lived in buildings with small children before, and you can DEFINITELY hear them through the walls, in the hallways, etc.

This case is confusing to me in that the father was reported to be such a good caretaker for his mother. That is a difficult job to take on. And he has two grown daughters that turned out very well. So why would he do something horrendous to this adorable little baby now? Maybe there was a horrible accident and he tried to cover it?

Those are my questions, too.. I wonder... After raising two children to adulthood, and then having a baby again at 48/49 years old (mature)...

Having to take care of a infirm mother...

and the mother of the baby seems to be "distant"...

could he have just snapped?

Just some ideas...

Police searching park and shore for the second time in two days.
This quote gave me chills...
"Police were also seeking witnesses who could verify seeing the girl with her father in the last 30 days."
Ugh...
Long article with lots of info.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...resume-missing-toddler-oakland-shoreline-park

ETA: ugh... this quote too ""We are concerned about the relationship with the child and the father," Watson said."

I have custody of a 2 year old granddaughter. Getting her out of her carseat is a production.

I can guarantee that any stranger trying to take her out of my SUV would be noticed. She would scream and cry. Stranger Danger is real at that age.

Also if this "kidnapper" wasn't wearing gloves, there would be fingerprints on the car door, or the carseat.

BBM~ I agree, I have a one-year-old granddaughter. I've taken her in/out of her car seat many, many times. That's an easy 1-2 minute process, depending on how cooperative the baby/toddler is being. How long did Dad say he was in the store?

Police searching park and shore for the second time in two days.
This quote gave me chills...
"Police were also seeking witnesses who could verify seeing the girl with her father in the last 30 days."
Ugh...
Long article with lots of info.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...resume-missing-toddler-oakland-shoreline-park

ETA: ugh... this quote too ""We are concerned about the relationship with the child and the father," Watson said."

THIRTY DAYS???? Oh, no........

Some see "pouting", some see sadness....we're all entitled to our own opinion or interpretation. :twocents:

It might be that she just doesn't like taking a bath. I pray they find this little sweetheart soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika
Back