CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9179821

" Both the mom and dad of missing 21-month old Daphne Webb handed out fliers of the little girl in Oakland Saturday. "

<snip>

"And I'm hopeful that maybe somebody that, you know, wouldn't feel comfortable talking to the police, may want to talk to one of us, you know, have anything, just a clue, a hint, anything that would help just to, you know, point us in whatever direction," Davis said. "

more at link, no new news

How many babies' blood is on Casey Anthony's hands now ? Food for thought !

No new information. I wish LE would give some updates. All info is from MSM. And each story is the same info as the next one. Nothing really new since the day she disappeared. Prayers they find her soon.

How many babies' blood is on Casey Anthony's hands now ? Food for thought !

Nothing personal, but this is so unfair. Babies and children died at the hands of parents long before Caylee died, and will no doubt be dying long after Casey is dead of old age. Why do people have to blame that case for every missing child's case?
I'm not a fan of Casey's by any means, but it's time to let it go. She had nothing to do with this. This is a result of girls being more promiscuous, having babies too young, not being responsible, sometimes drugs, sometimes just sheer stupidity, and many other things. The world has gone crazy, and I believe it's nearing the end. THAT, my friend cannot be blamed on Casey!!!
No offense, and I know how you feel, but let's be reasonable, ok??

Some cases make me flat out angry. This is one of them. I can't believe it will end well. Every baby deserves respect and love. We are human beings from day one. Not objects. Not bothersome interruptions. Perhaps my interpretation of little Daphne's life so far is completely incorrect. I hope so.

Ok... no offense intended to the family. Not placing blame or anything, but the photos from the press conference the family held really bother me.

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/...ss-conference-at-oakland-police-department/#6

1) Mama looks well put together and seems concerned enough with her appearance to have her hair done nicely and accessories on. I can't see how that is possible...I would be frantic in the same situation.

2) They aren't using useful photos of the baby... one is one of her as an infant and the mom holding her. The other shows her with a playful expression, still younger than she currently is, and isn't in color so it's hard to get an accurate idea of how she looks. The photos they used are the pretty ones, but not helpful. They could have had several people holding large, recent photos, which would have been a better choice, but someone decided on the pretty pictures? Odd. In the one w/ the mom, it's mostly background, and on that big huge photo, the baby is just a very small part. Even the mom is more prominent in that one. I am not trying to be mean, but if my daughter were missing, I would want every single thing to show and describe her in as much detail as possible!

3) the fancy signs with the web address that someone took the time to make or have made. The same impact could be made with a sharpie and a piece of poster board. Why take the time to make pretty signs with a website on it? It just seems so weird to me that someone would do that when there is a baby missing! Put the crafts down and start looking for the baby!!!

moo

Well, I guess if mom looked a mess and had a sign made with a sharpie and a piece of paper people would have complained that they clearly did not care enough to do a good job. Cant please everyone.
Maybe there are not a lot of pics of the baby? Maybe these were favorites?

I think the mom made a wise choice to present herself the way she did. The media and the public are going to scrutinize every aspect and detail of her appearance.

It's been widely reported that she was in rehab, so I think most of us formed a preset notion of what an addict or a junkie would look like. Instead, we find a polished, respectable, attractive woman. It immediately gives the impression that Daphne was loved and well cared for.

I don't think the mom was involved in any way- she was in rehab at the time.

Well, I guess if mom looked a mess and had a sign made with a sharpie and a piece of paper people would have complained that they clearly did not care enough to do a good job. Cant please everyone.
Maybe there are not a lot of pics of the baby? Maybe these were favorites?

I agree and I don't think as much time went into presenting herself as one would think. I'm pretty sure that is a wig, so no big deal there, and then put on a nice dress and off you go. She has sunglasses on, so I doubt she has tons of makeup on.

Ok... no offense intended to the family. Not placing blame or anything, but the photos from the press conference the family held really bother me.

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/...ss-conference-at-oakland-police-department/#6

1) Mama looks well put together and seems concerned enough with her appearance to have her hair done nicely and accessories on. I can't see how that is possible...I would be frantic in the same situation.

2) They aren't using useful photos of the baby... one is one of her as an infant and the mom holding her. The other shows her with a playful expression, still younger than she currently is, and isn't in color so it's hard to get an accurate idea of how she looks. The photos they used are the pretty ones, but not helpful. They could have had several people holding large, recent photos, which would have been a better choice, but someone decided on the pretty pictures? Odd. In the one w/ the mom, it's mostly background, and on that big huge photo, the baby is just a very small part. Even the mom is more prominent in that one. I am not trying to be mean, but if my daughter were missing, I would want every single thing to show and describe her in as much detail as possible!

3) the fancy signs with the web address that someone took the time to make or have made. The same impact could be made with a sharpie and a piece of poster board. Why take the time to make pretty signs with a website on it? It just seems so weird to me that someone would do that when there is a baby missing! Put the crafts down and start looking for the baby!!!

moo

Friends or family could have come together to help her prepare, get ready, presentable etc.. And I'd be willing to bet those signs were donated by a local sign/printing company. (I do agree they need more photos that show different angles)

I think the mom made a wise choice to present herself the way she did. The media and the public are going to scrutinize every aspect and detail of her appearance.

It's been widely reported that she was in rehab, so I think most of us formed a preset notion of what an addict or a junkie would look like. Instead, we find a polished, respectable, attractive woman. It immediately gives the impression that Daphne was loved and well cared for.

I don't think the mom was involved in any way- she was in rehab at the time.

Good point about the rehab thing. She does need to present a tidier front (for lack of a better phrase) compared to some. I just know that I would never be able to pull myself together no matter what it meant. And she could be dressed in diamonds head to toe, but it doesn't erase the media report that the baby was missing part of her ear and living on the streets.

I don't think the mom is involved, but based on the images they picked for the press conference, I think that she doesn't understand the magnitude of this situation.

And to address that maybe they were favorite photos, or they didn't have many pictures... that is possible. But favorite does not mean they shouldn't also have on display at the same presser something more recent. I can't imagine those are the only two photos they have of the child. I'd want the world to know what my daughter looks like today. I have amazingly adorable favorite photos of my little one, but she changed SO much between 6-9 months and then 18-24 months. In the baby stage she had red hair, and by almost 2 she had blonde.

Honestly, if my daughter were missing and I was completely innocent, I would not care one bit what anyone thought of me or how well presented my family looked at the presser. Everyone was well dressed, nobody looked upset or distraught. IMO.

I agree and I don't think as much time went into presenting herself as one would think. I'm pretty sure that is a wig, so no big deal there, and then put on a nice dress and off you go. She has sunglasses on, so I doubt she has tons of makeup on.

Wigs were the only good part of chemo. What a time saver!

15 minutes ago Mark Klaas posted this on twitter:

"Marc Klaas &#8207;@PollyDad 13m

I will be discussing #findbabydaphne on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell on HLN @ 7 pm EDT this evening"

JVM is covering this case right now and she doesn't buy the dad's story one bit.

prior to all of his happening, dad changed his phone number.
dad is on disability.. gets paid to take care of his mom (disabled woman that was in the car).
the mom has been in the daughters life and cared for her a lot.. she just happened to be away when all of this happened.

(not sure if that's been covered, but they just talked about it on JVM)

GOOD ! Get the word out and maybe someone who knows something will come forward. This baby has to be somewhere and someone put her there ! I can't stand the idea of another adult hiding a baby and it just goes on forever , as if they never were. Daphne was here !

JVM is covering this case right now and she doesn't buy the dad's story one bit.

prior to all of his happening, dad changed his phone number.
dad is on disability.. gets paid to take care of his mom (disabled woman that was in the car).
the mom has been in the daughters life and cared for her a lot.. she just happened to be away when all of this happened.

(not sure if that's been covered, but they just talked about it on JVM)

The mom just "happened" to be away? HA! In rehab. And, yeah, she has been in the child's life a lot - leaving her in the car while she is passed out, living on the streets. I'm starting to wonder if the dad actually found a couple of adoptive parents for his daughter.

The mom just "happened" to be away? HA! In rehab. And, yeah, she has been in the child's life a lot - leaving her in the car while she is passed out, living on the streets. I'm starting to wonder if the dad actually found a couple of adoptive parents for his daughter.

Would love for that to be true, but find it extremely unlikely. Imo, he didn't seem to care that she was living on the streets with her mom. AFAIK, he wasn't trying to get full custody of Daphne. I doubt he was the one who called CPS.

Awwww, look at that baby's face!
Bring home DAPHNE !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT