GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JerseyGirl said:
Okay, here it is in print:

... In 2004, she said the accounts had over $51,000 in them. A year later, the funds dropped to $23,000. And in 2006, she claimed there's now just over $11,000 in them.

To this day, Dave Hawk has refused to provide those financial records to the court.

Police are now trying to access them to see if Debbie Hawk's allegations are true...

Investigators say allegations of him stealing money from his children's trust funds is concerning. They say if Hawk took the money, they do not know what he did with it.

Bank accounts show he had little or no income over the last four years...

ABC30.com: Police Looking at Missing Woman's Bank Records

Good grief, he almost drained that trust fund. That is probably what he has been living on plus whatever his dad pays him under the table. The IRS will get the records for that trust fund and then I wonder what Dave will have to say. Parents should never be on the trust fund for children. It should be under the court or someone where it can't be touched until the kids turn a certain age. That is really a shame. If the full $51,000 had been left untouched the interest would have built really fast and those kids would have had a nice little nest egg when they were of age. I remember reading that Dave told Debbie that he paid some medical or dental bills for the kids with the money he took out of the trust fund. I doubt that the bills were that high though. He was stealing from his children.

A few quotes from the above article -

Fresno police are looking for the man that pulled the trigger in the attempted murder of a Fresno police officer.

Figueroa is not only wanted in the shooting of Officer Nieto, but Hanford police say he is a person of interest in the disappearance of South Valley mother Debbie Hawk.

Until now, Hawk's ex-husband, Dave Hawk, was the only person of interest Hanford police would identify by name.

When asked about Joaquin Figueroa, Hawk said, "I've never heard of that person's name. I don't know what direction the investigation is going."

Some of Debbie Hawk's friends call the latest twist bizarre.

(I wonder if Fiqueroa is the ex-boyfriend of Debbie's mentioned early on in the investigation - he wasn't supposed to be a nice guy though I can't remember exactly what was said about him)

I hope that LE have checked the dates and amounts that have disappeared from the trust fund. I wonder if a few thousand were taken out not long before Debbie disappeared.

I have my doubts that Debbie was dating some little 5' 4" tubby criminal. He doesn't really seem like a match for her. Besides, he is only 25 yrs old. I might be wrong but I'll be in shock if she was mixed up with this bad azz.
I think he would make a better hit man myself. You don't have to know a person's name to hire them to make at hit for you Dave :razz: In fact the two people are better off not knowing each other's names. There is also the thought that maybe this guy was after drugs and somehow knew what Debbie's line of work was. Maybe that was to be part of his payment. Time will tell.

Very interesting news. I can't imagine how LE tied this guy to Debbie Hawk. I'm anxious to hear more. Here's some of the current information, in the meantime:

... One thing police are not saying, is just how Figueroa came to be a person of interest in the Hawk case. A Hanford police lieutenant said they don't want to jeopardize their investigation or the on going one in Fresno.

Since the shooting Monday night, Fresno police have caught up with many of Figueroa's friends, who are now in jail on various charges.

"These individuals that have been arrested are either gang members, individuals on parole, people of possession of guns, drugs, as well as stolen property," said Chief Dyer...

ABC30.com: Suspect in Officer Shooting Tied to Debbie Hawk Case

ABC30.com: Officer Shooting Suspect's Mother Defends Her Son

... she is defending her son, and said there is no way he shot a police officer.

However, she admits her son is a gang member...

Joaquin Figueroa, has a criminal history. In 1999, he was sent to Wasco State Prison for two years for auto theft, vehicle burglary, and dealing with stolen property. He also has a history of resisting arrest.

In May, his ex-girlfriend, with whom he has a child, got a restraining order against him because she says he physically abused and threatened to shoot her...

When told that police now say her son is also a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Debbie Hawk, she said, "Now they're trying to pin that on him too?"

"I don't believe he responsible," she said. "My son has really bad luck. Why can't police investigate properly?"

KGPE - CBS TV47 - Officer shooting & missing woman cases connected?

...Hanford police confirmed that 26 year old Joaquin Figueroa is a 'person of interest' in the Debbie Hawk case.

At this time, they also say Hawk's ex-husband also remains a 'person of interest' in her disappearance. They would not speculate any further on the connection between the two cases, (the officer shooting and Debbie's disappearance).

Apparently, LE has been looking at this Figueroa guy for about ten days but they're not saying what brought their attention to him. I can't help but think about the shooting of Debbie Hawk's attorney though. Geez, if Dave Hawk isn't involved in all of this somehow, he's got some pretty bad luck. I hope & pray that the true perpetrator is caught and punished, and most of all, that Debbie's children can know where their mother is.

I can't stop thinking about this! Ten days from yesterday would bring us back to July 24th. What happened with this case around July 24?

July 7 - an anonymous tip led police to the Kings River between Highway 41 and Highway 43, but they found nothing.

July 14 - Searchers scoured large sections of the Kings River ... police moved north of last week's search, focusing on a 50 mile stretch of the Kings river between Highway 43 and Highway 99. Later in the day, LE goes to Debbie's home and takes some items.

July 14-ish to present - Dave Hawk has been publicly expressing his anger over the Hanford Police Department. From calling them "the gestapo" to what he calls their "terrorist tactics," Hawk says police are ready to frame him for this crime.

July 20 - Dave Hawk's home searched for the third time. Took computer, hairbrushes, and several pairs of shoes.

Friday, July 21 - Hanford police say they are in the process of organizing an extensive search of a slough north of Lemoore. They say they've received several tips that Debbie Hawk may be found in that very dense terrain. Police say they are right now focusing on several new developments. In fact, they say an anonymous donor raised the reward money to find Debbie Hawk from $25,000 to $30,000.

July 25 - Law enforcement officials searched a slough just north of the Lemoore Naval Air Station in Kings County on Tuesday. Hanford police say a tip leads them to believe Hawk may be found in the area.

July 26 - LE spent the day tracking down several new leads.

August 2 - LE confirms that Figueroa is a POI in the case and that Dave Hawk is also still a POI.

This is weird. The only thing I can think of is Figueroa is a paid hit man. I still have to believe the ex is involved.

From what happened between July 21 and July 26, it seems entirely possible to me that the focus of this investigation may have turned from Dave Hawk to someone completely unrelated. I wonder where Figueroa might have worked or if he may have lived or hung out near a medical facility where Debbie might have delivered samples. Perhaps he saw her loading or unloading her bag out of her trunk, became familiar with her routine, and followed her for the drugs. The gang activity makes me think that almost anything is possible with this guy.

AP Wire | 08/03/2006 | News from the San Joaquin Valley

A fugitive wanted in the shooting of a police officer is also wanted for questioning in the case of a missing Hanford mother, Police Chief Jerry Dyer said.

An arrest warrant was issued Wednesday for Joaquin Maltos Figueroa, 25, who is suspected of shooting officer Brian Nieto, 32, during a traffic stop Monday...

ABC30.com: Suspect in Shooting of Fresno Officer Shot by Police

FresnoBee.com: Metro: Suspect shot

A fugitive suspected of shooting Fresno police officer Brian Nieto earlier this week was shot and killed this afternoon in southeast Fresno.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer did not name the suspect this afternoon, but police said earlier the suspect is Joaquin Maltos Figueroa, 25.

The suspect was shot about 3 p.m. near Huntington and Recreation avenue. It wasn't immediately clear who shot him.

Dyer said several other people are in custody. Additional details are expected soon.

Area residents said they heard what sounded like a man and a woman arguing in a parking lot of an apartment at Huntington and Recreation. Then they heard two shots. Police immediately responded and have blocked off streets in the area while the investigation continues.

Darn! Sounds like that creep went over to his ex-girlfriends place and someone had a gun. No big loss except we need to know if this creep was involved in Debbie's murder and if so, how and why. He probably didn't have a place of his own so there would be nowhere for police to search for evidence.
I hope he did though and maybe LE can find out something. Maybe now that he is dead his buds in jail will spill the beans.

Think how easy it would be to make contact with a gang member and offer them so much money to murder your ex-wife. Add in the fact that she always has drugs at home so they could make a haul there and bingo...you've got a hit man...no problem.

I think Hawk is involved because:

1. Debbie's attorney gets shot the day before they are supposed to go to court.
2. Hawk almost depleated the trust fund belonging to his children and Debbie was going to expose him.
3. Debbie was going to ask for more time with the kids and more support money. Hawk says he only makes $15,000 a year and Debbie must have had proof otherwise as she was going to expose that too.

4. Debbie goes missing right before they are due to go into court again.

5. Debbie had him by the short hairs and the only way to keep her from going to court was to get rid of her. He could hardly arrange to have the attorney shot again. That would have really been telling.

ABC30.com: Death of Figueroa Impacts Debbie Hawk Investigation

Hanford police say now that Figueroa is dead, it could be a setback for their investigation.

Hanford police said they would have liked to talk to Figeuroa, but they are still researching other persons of interest.

"Does it hurt it? We're not really sure yet, at this point it does a little bit, but he most certainly was not the main person of interest but he was a person of interest," said Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas...

"Every person of interest that we have, may or may not be connected but they may have, when we say a person of interest, that can be someone that may just have a bit of information that can help us find Debbie Hawk," Chief Mestas Said...

... police say that nothing has changed and that Dave Hawk remains a person of interest.

KGPE - CBS TV47 - New details on Figueroa's death

Officers surrounded the car with guns drawn ... Figueroa’s hands were not visible to officers.

He says officers then called for Figueroa to hold up his hands. When he did not comply, the officer nearest the car fired twice hitting Figueroa at least once in the chest.

Dyer stresses that no other officers opened fire and that the passengers in the car (Figueroa’s girlfriend, aunt and sister) were not injured. All three women were arrested and will be charged with harboring a fugitive.

Also, police later determined that Figueroa was not armed. Dyer says no weapons were found inside the car where Figueroa was shot.

Dyer went on to say that Figueroa is also responsible for several crimes in the Valley including the March 20th carjacking near Manchester Center where three women were shot and the June 6th shooting on Highway 41 at McKinley that left one man injured...

KGPE - CBS TV47 - Figueroa linked to other crimes

Good grief, there's quite a long list of crimes in which Figueroa's involvement is suspected, including a home invasion during which the house was ransacked, pistol whipping, and murder.

In another article, an official referred to him as the most dangerous individual in our community. You wouldn't guess it to look at his picture.

Today's newspaper article gives me some hope that all is not lost with the death of Figueroa. I guess there are lots of his friends that were too fearful to talk because they were so afraid of him. Maybe now they will. I certainly hope so.

Police search Dave Hawk's church: Link

Last Tuesday, the Kings County District Attorney’s Office and the Hanford Police Department served a search warrant at Lemoore Presbyterian Church.

Church officials tell CBS 47 that investigators took copies of three computer hard drives.

It sounds like LE are after something and are bound and determined to find it.
I think that they know Hawk murdered Debbie. I also believe that the wanted to talk to the gang member about being involved with Dave Hawk. I hope that they can get something out of others now that the gang member is dead. Won't surprise me at all to find out that the gang member acted as a hit man for Hawk.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back