GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lymom3 said:
The poor kids...that's all I have to say. They are certainly old enough to connect the dots too and they are pretty well stuck living with him unless I've missed something along the way. What a life that must be for them.

I wonder what they think? I think two of the kids are in their teens. It would be hard to stay there if they have any suspisions of their dad. You never know though. They may believe 100% that he is innocent.

I just wish that LE would gather enough evidence so they could make the arrest. I wish her body would be found. I wonder if her kids believe she could still be alive? I suppose that hope is what would keep these kids going at this point. Heartbreaking.

As a next door neighbor to Debbie as I grew up, I just want to advise a few things.

Her oldest, the only son, has emancipted himself from his father and is living with a teacher of his.

The other two children, both daughters, are also trying to emancipate themselves.

They are all wonderful, bright kids who know deep down what happened.

Debbie's family are unaware I am posting here, and if they read this and are upset that I am doing so, I apologize.

But understand that nobody thinks anything other than Debbie ex is responsible for this.

cbus, thank you for your post. My heartfelt prayers go out to those children. I cannot think of a worse situation than losing one parent and having the other be the responsible party. What a sad situation for all. I hope there will be some closure to this crime soon. Debbie deserves to rest in peace.

cbus said:
As a next door neighbor to Debbie as I grew up, I just want to advise a few things.

Her oldest, the only son, has emancipted himself from his father and is living with a teacher of his.

The other two children, both daughters, are also trying to emancipate themselves.

They are all wonderful, bright kids who know deep down what happened.

Debbie's family are unaware I am posting here, and if they read this and are upset that I am doing so, I apologize.

But understand that nobody thinks anything other than Debbie ex is responsible for this.

Thank you for the information. I've been worried about her children, specifically worried that they would be under their father's care. I'm relieved to learn what you've posted.

And I'm worried that there hasn't been any news lately. I hope Debbie receives justice soon.

Debbie is from a great family. She and her sister were raised by wonderful parents. We moved next door to them when I started 5th grade. My mother is still close, close friends with her parents. I haven't talked or seen Debbie in a very long time.

It's ironic. There was a missing girl in the area where I used to live in Missouri and when I typed her name in Google it brought me here. I then saw "Debbie Hawk: Hanford", and my heart dropped.

I read the post and then called my mother and sister who were unaware. It was a surreal day when I discovered what had happened.

While I feel that we pay far too much attention to individual missing person cases (ie Jon Benet), when it's someone you know and have known for over 20 years, it's very shocking.

Debbie was a great mom and really, really fun person. I've met Dave often. Debbie and her family deserve justice. I just feel awful for her kids. They are all bright and had great futures ahead of them. I just hope this doesn't affect them as much as it may.

cbus said:
Debbie is from a great family. She and her sister were raised by wonderful parents. We moved next door to them when I started 5th grade. My mother is still close, close friends with her parents. I haven't talked or seen Debbie in a very long time.

It's ironic. There was a missing girl in the area where I used to live in Missouri and when I typed her name in Google it brought me here. I then saw "Debbie Hawk: Hanford", and my heart dropped.

I read the post and then called my mother and sister who were unaware. It was a surreal day when I discovered what had happened.

While I feel that we pay far too much attention to individual missing person cases (ie Jon Benet), when it's someone you know and have known for over 20 years, it's very shocking.

Debbie was a great mom and really, really fun person. I've met Dave often. Debbie and her family deserve justice. I just feel awful for her kids. They are all bright and had great futures ahead of them. I just hope this doesn't affect them as much as it may.

cbus, how old are the children? I don't know if I've read that in any of the articles.

SewingDeb said:
cbus, how old are the children? I don't know if I've read that in any of the articles.
I'm not cbus, but I believe they are teenagers - the youngest about 14,

Pepper said:
I'm not cbus, but I believe they are teenagers - the youngest about 14,

Isn't there two teenagers and one about 10 years old? I've got to go back and see if I can find that info.

I'm so glad to hear that the oldest is out of the home and that a teacher was so willing to take him.

I wonder who the other two children want to live with? I hope that it is some of Debbie's family. They probably need their family now.

cbus...thank you so much for sharing that information with us. I had never met Debbie or her family but you know sometimes a case just reaches out and grabs your heart and this is one that has really touched mine. Everything points to her ex-husband. I worried that the kids might think that their dad is responsible but still have to live with him. That would just be to hard to do.
You never know about kids and what they think though. Some kids have remained faithful to the killer even though they suspect him and then there are those that won't believe the truth even though they know the facts. I just didn't want the kids to have to live with him if they suspect that he is guilty and didn't want to be there. Bless their little hearts.

I hope that Debbie is found soon. I wish we knew how long he was gone when he left his house to go to hers. He had to have left the kids alone so you wouldn't think he was gone for hours and hours. Hard to get that info when he isn't admitting that he even left though. I don't think that he took her to far away but I believe LE know that it was out somewhere because of the stuff underneath the car and there must have been fresh scratches and gouges under the car. Now to just find the place.

The son is 16 and the girls are 14 and 11. Really great kids. It's too bad that Debbie's parents are up in age and her dad's health isn't good otherwise they would be the people who could take care of them. Just good people.

cbus said:
The son is 16 and the girls are 14 and 11. Really great kids. It's too bad that Debbie's parents are up in age and her dad's health isn't good otherwise they would be the people who could take care of them. Just good people.

Thank you for your answer. I thought there was one child that was a little younger. Oh I'm sure that her folks would take the kids if it was at all possible. Are there other family members that could take them or maybe some good friends of Debbies? Those poor kids. They really need to know what happened to their mom and where she is. It is hard enough to lose your mom but not to know anything about her disappearance except what they must suspect. I just hope and pray that LE can get the evidence together to arrest Hawk. Prayers for the children.

I just wish the children would be together. I'm very sad and concerned that the oldest is with a teacher and the other two are not. They've lost their mom, they're trying to separate legally from their dad, and now they've lost each other. That's too much for children to bear. I pray that they will somehow get through all of this.

Debbie Hawk Home Page

We will be updating this site daily. We will post upcoming searches and places where volunteers can help pass out fliers.
Events:

There will be a booth set up at the Hanford Chili Cook-Off on September 23rd. The Cook-Off is from 9:30-3:00 pm at the Civic Lawn in downtown Hanford.We will have fliers, ribbons and bows available.

Link

"We don't want to wait for the case to go cold."

Hawk's friends have gathered hundreds of signatures and plan to give them to the governor soon. They also want the case profiled on America's Most Wanted.

(Debbie has some very wonderful friends. Bless them all.)

Dang, I would have gone to that cook-off if I'd read about it earlier and not this morning. :(

I wish they would find her remains so that they can try the bas**advertiser censored*rd that killed her.

Marie said:
Link

"We don't want to wait for the case to go cold."

Hawk's friends have gathered hundreds of signatures and plan to give them to the governor soon. They also want the case profiled on America's Most Wanted.

(Debbie has some very wonderful friends. Bless them all.)

I wish they would get a copy of the petition online. I'm sure that a lot of people would be willing to sign it. Anyone know the friends who are doing the petition? A lot of us want this case to stay on the front burner, Debbie to be found and the killer arrested.

Bobbisangel said:
I wish they would get a copy of the petition online. I'm sure that a lot of people would be willing to sign it. Anyone know the friends who are doing the petition? A lot of us want this case to stay on the front burner, Debbie to be found and the killer arrested.
I was hoping for the same thing - that the petition would be on-line. When I read the article I expected a link to an on-line petition and when I didn't see one I then checked out her website. No luck. My guess is that since the petition is requesting more funds from CA for the reward that signatures outside of CA don't count (only a guess, I don't know for sure).

Still, even if only CA residents are eligible to sign, having the petition online would be helpful to gathering more signatures.

Debbie's Friends - if you're reading this please know that many members here could help you set up an on-line petition, if help is needed. Maybe you don't need more signatures, but if you do we are more than happy to participate in any way that will help.

I wish they would make an arrest in this case. Maybe Hawk was right and Debbie's body will never be found. He is probably the only one who knows where it is. Hope the kids are doing OK. This has to be hard for them not knowing anything at all. Was there ever even a memorial service for Debbie?

I don't believe there's been a memorial service. It's funny, because I dreamed about Debbie last night, an argument about whether to have a memorial service or not.

Marie said:
I don't believe there's been a memorial service. It's funny, because I dreamed about Debbie last night, an argument about whether to have a memorial service or not.

Can you tell us about your dream? That is interesting that you had a dream about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back