GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
Can you tell us about your dream? That is interesting that you had a dream about that.
Well it was a pretty simple dream really, probably not very interesting except that you ended up posting about the same thing I was dreaming about (and looking at the time you posted, the dream and post may have been close in real time).

The dream was about several women sitting around discussing the pros and cons of having a memorial service for Debbie. Some felt it would mean they'd given up on finding her, others felt there was no doubt she was dead so it was time to honor her life. At times the discussion was a heated one, and Dave's name was mentioned with disgust; overall it was agreed that Debbie would be found and I woke up with the feeling that a memorial service wouldn't be held until around the one year anniversary of her disappearance.

I should make it clear that I don't know Debbie, or any of her family or friends. But her story has touched my heart and I think of her often.

Marie said:
I don't believe there's been a memorial service. It's funny, because I dreamed about Debbie last night, an argument about whether to have a memorial service or not.
There will be one, I believe, November 10th.

cbus said:
There will be one, I believe, November 10th.
That's good news, and sad at the same time. Thanks for letting us know. Btw, I've contributed Debbie's name to the Yahoo! Time Capsule as a way to honor her.

Can't say much, but the son is doing much better since he was emancipated, but the two girls are still with Dave and they are not doing well at all.

cbus said:
Can't say much, but the son is doing much better since he was emancipated, but the two girls are still with Dave and they are not doing well at all.

This makes me so sad. I will pray for the girls as they need extra support right now and a mother's love.

cbus said:

Well darn it. If LE could just get enough evidence to arrest him then the girls could be placed with someone that they trust and who they could feel safe with. This guy is so guilty and he doesn't deserve to be out there living his life and raising the daughters whose mother he murdered.

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Police name ex-husband as suspect in Hawk case

Investigators on Monday named the ex-husband of a missing Hanford woman as the primary suspect in her disappearance and possible murder...

Mestas said Dave Hawk, Debbie Hawk's ex-husband, is now the primary suspect in the case but is still not in custody.

Hawk's status changed from person of interest to a suspect on Friday. Police plan to file paperwork to the DA's office for them to evaluate whether enough evidence exists to arrest Hawk.

Mestas declined to say what evidence or information led them to tie Dave Hawk to his ex-wife's disappearance. He said Debbie Hawk's body remains missing...

It's strange to me that it's taken LE so long to name the husband as the suspect. Seems many on the forums felt that from the beginning.

What strikes me as strange is that they have publicly named him the primary suspect and publicized their intention to go to the D.A. Why not just go the the D.A. first and arrest him without advance notice? Are they hoping that this information will cause something to happen that will facilitate an arrest?

Yes, I agree. Are the investigators doing things this way for a reason?
I thought they'd go after him asap so he wouldn't have time to run.

philamena said:
Yes, I agree. Are the investigators doing things this way for a reason?
I thought they'd go after him asap so he wouldn't have time to run.

Why announce that they are taking the case to the Pros to see if they have enough evidence? Why not just say that he is now the prime suspect?

Heck, just slap those cuffs on that creep for the final time and lock him up.

KGPE - CBS TV47 - New developments in Debbie Hawk case

... Police officials say they believe Dave Hawk had something to do with her disappearance.

In response, Dave Hawk made a statement to CBS 47.

He says, "From the very first moment i met them, they've lied to me. If they want to ask me a question, they can ask..."

Hanford police say they're waiting to hear from the F.B.I. before they turn the case over to the District Attorney's office...

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Hawk's ex now a prime suspect

Police Chief Carlos Mestas said he wants to make an "airtight" case against Dave Hawk...

Mestas did say they have physical evidence, computer information and financial records.

Mestas said Hawk no longer is talking to police, adding: "We hope he will talk to us..."

Hawk said police hadn't alerted him that he would be named a suspect — but he added he "wasn't surprised" by the action...

Hawk also said he has an alibi for the time when his ex-wife was thought to have been forcibly taken from her home. He claims to have been with his children.

"They've been talking to friends and family, people who go to our church, saying, 'Tell us something we can use to hurt this guy,'" Hawk said. "They're trying to get someone to turn against me because they have nothing."

Investigators ... are awaiting the results of more forensic tests being conducted on evidence recovered from Debbie Hawk's van and home, Mestas said.

Until then, Hawk remains free with no restrictions on his travel.

Hawk declined to say whether he had hired an attorney, but he did question why police named him a suspect and didn't arrest him. Hawk's children still are living with him, he said... (???)

(Lt. Darrell Smith) said police were following an established plan on handling Debbie Hawk's case, but he wouldn't comment on why police are going to the district attorney with the information before arresting Dave Hawk.

Mestas said police don't consider Dave Hawk a flight risk and if he leaves the area, he said police were confident they could track him down.

... investigators believe other people have information about Debbie Hawk's disappearance, but he declined to say who those people were, what their possible relationship was to the case, or whether they were persons of interest or suspects.

He didn't rule out others being named as suspects...

philamena said:
It's strange to me that it's taken LE so long to name the husband as the suspect. Seems many on the forums felt that from the beginning.
okay, could you educate me, but i thought he was with the kids when she was murdered. did he have an alibi?
thanks
ellen

ellen13 said:
okay, could you educate me, but i thought he was with the kids when she was murdered. did he have an alibi?
thanks
ellen
Debbie went missing during the late evening to early morning hours. Dave states he was home with his sleeping children, which isn't much of an alibi (he could have left & returned home without them noticing, or he could have hired someone to kill Debbie).

Marie said:
Debbie went missing during the late evening to early morning hours. Dave states he was home with his sleeping children, which isn't much of an alibi (he could have left & returned home without them noticing, or he could have hired someone to kill Debbie).
The one article did indeed state that LE believes that other people "have information". Perhaps there is involvement of other people that goes even deeper than that.

ellen13 said:
... The police chief said city, county, state and federal authorities are involved in the investigation.

Does anyone know why federal authorities would be involved in this investigation? Could it have something to do with the attack on her attorney? The fact that she sells pharmaceuticals? Or is this just standard procedure in some cases?

JerseyGirl said:
... The police chief said city, county, state and federal authorities are involved in the investigation.

Does anyone know why federal authorities would be involved in this investigation? Could it have something to do with the attack on her attorney? The fact that she sells pharmaceuticals? Or is this just standard procedure in some cases?
Because he stold money from his kids trust fund.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this case!

I've been reading over all your posts and it's obvious, IMHO, who did it or who had it done. Guess Dave hasn't heard the term, 'there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.'

Just like someone else many of us are familiar with, ole Dave thought they couldn't change it to a 'murder investigation' without a body. Guess some people just don't get it. :doh:

Soooo, has Dave managed to talk LE into giving him a lie detector test yet? :loser:

JMHO
fran

PS.......guess one or more of those computers was useful afterall. No wonder he protested about the computers..........fran

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4711030

Dave Hawk Named as Primary Suspect

10/30/2006 - Hanford police say physical evidence, interviews and information obtained from a computer lead them to change Dave Hawk from a person of interest, to a suspect in his ex-wife's disappearance.

.........................snip........................

Chief Mestas said, "We have interviews, evidence, a lot of different types of evidence. Both physical evidence and evidence having to do with computers and a lot of different things."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt
Back