GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alice253 said:
Thought this should be posted here as well (from Up-to-the-Minute forum)

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?s...ocal&id=4794502

Here's a link. I wonder what made LE think it was Debbie?
I just got that news link in my email. Doesn't sound like they know for sure it's Debbie - but probably hoping it is since the body's been buried for a while. If it is her, I hope Dave's dna is found. Hugs to her friends and family as they await the autopsy results.

Alice253 said:
Here's a link. I wonder what made LE think it was Debbie?
Thanks so much for the update.

The video link states that Visalia police contacted Hanford police about the discovery. I'm very curious as well about what made LE think it's Debbie - especially LE that haven't even been investigating her case. It does say that Visalia police spent much of the afternoon recovering the body from the grave as well as searching for clues. I wonder if they contacted Hanford before or after that work was completed.

Another curious question is how this passerby "found" Debbie's body in a shallow grave. The wording in the video report doesn't really make it clear what condition the area was in - perhaps there was one area with no grass? (ETA: The report states that the passerby found the grave in the dirt in the brush, (only about 100 feet from some homes)). I'm sure that LE checks into the person that finds the body?

Prayers for her and her children. Hopefully this will give LE the final evidence they need to make an arrest!!

It's a very old man that was interviewed who found her. There are houses within 100ft. of the lot so maybe he was just on a walk or looking for cans, whatever. Not a viable suspect imo. Probably clothing or jewelry, something of that nature to indicate it's Debbie.

Is it the old man that found her? I just thought that they were interviewing him, asking him how he felt about the discovery of a body in his neighborhood. :waitasec:

I really hope it is Debbie. Her kids need this to end and to have a place to go and put flowers on their mother's grave. I hope there is evidence there too. I'll bet ole Dave is wetting his pants about now. He said that she would never be found. I also wonder how she was found. If she was in a grave how was she seen? 100 yards from houses??? Someone sure had gutts to bury her that close to homes. I guess they weren't afraid of being seen. Sounds like Dave in all of his arrogance. Hope an arrest is forthcoming.

Well, have they slapped the cuffs on Dave Hawk yet?
confused.gif

I feel for her family. Hopefully now though they can get some sort of closure.

Police seek connection between body found at Mill Creek and Debbie Hawk, a Hanford woman missing since June

Police in Visalia and Hanford are investigating if a body found over the weekend in Visalia might be linked to a high-profile case of a Hanford woman, Debbie Hawk, who has been missing since June 13.

The body was discovered Saturday around noon by an area resident "in a shallow grave" on the bank of Mill Creek east of Akers Street near Crenshaw Street, police said. The Tulare County coroner's office has scheduled an autopsy today to determine the woman's identity and cause of death, police said.

more at link
http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/NEWS01/611270329/1002

I'm guessing that the grave was dug quickly and wasn't very deep, then eventually became partially uncovered. Debbie's friend Eliza Carlson says she thinks this could be Debbie. I really hope they get some answers.

Friends say they have new hope missing mother Debbie Hawk has been found. Their hopes were revived Saturday, when a passerby discovered a woman's body in an open grave in Visalia.

Friends Have Hope in Case of Missing Hanford Mother

The body was discovered Saturday afternoon by a passerby in this shallow grave near the Mill Creek Canal in Visalia. Investigators say the body was in an advanced stage of decomposition and that it had been in the grave for a long time.

Sergeant Sever says as of right now, Hanford police aren't sure if the body's discovery is related to the Hawk case. But they'll be standing by if it turns out that it is.

chicoliving said:
Police seek connection between body found at Mill Creek and Debbie Hawk, a Hanford woman missing since June

Police in Visalia and Hanford are investigating if a body found over the weekend in Visalia might be linked to a high-profile case of a Hanford woman, Debbie Hawk, who has been missing since June 13.

The body was discovered Saturday around noon by an area resident "in a shallow grave" on the bank of Mill Creek east of Akers Street near Crenshaw Street, police said. The Tulare County coroner's office has scheduled an autopsy today to determine the woman's identity and cause of death, police said.

more at link
http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/NEWS
01/611270329/1002
Thanks Chico!

I heard on the radio that the body discovered isn't Debbie Hawk, but the dead woman found is about 5'2" and wearing a wedding ring with a round center stone and 5 smaller stones on each side.

They are asking for leads on who the woman might be.

I'm thinking that they will never find Debbie's body and the SOB ex of hers will never face the music.

There is another unsolved case in Fresno involving a teacher (Sandra Kerby) who went missing about 8 yrs. ago. Everyone knows her husband did it, but so far no charges and no body.

ETA: http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=13958ECE-FCB5-4F30-81AB-D3A82D1910D0

Disgusting. :banghead:

Really? It's not Debbie Hawk. I was hoping for some closure for her family, even though this was not the way anyone wanted to see this end. What's really sad and scary is that there is another woman in a shallow grave and no one knows who she is. I hope they find out who she is soon. Very sad.

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Body ID'd as missing Visalia mother, 31

Police identified a body found last weekend in a shallow grave as a 31-year-old Visalia mother missing since mid-October, and investigators are now treating the case as a homicide.

Police said they used dental records to identify Sonia Hughes, who went missing Oct.11...

Anyone with information is asked to contact detective Curtis Brown at (559) 713-4725 or Wightman at (559) 713-4234.

Sonia Hughes was married with 3 children. I wonder what the story is with her marriage and if her husband thought she had just walked away or what?
Another family having to grow up without their mom. It sure is happening a lot.

Now it is time to find Debbie. Her three children needed to know what happened to their mom too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back