GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently, Sonia Hughes was originally treated as a "voluntary disappearance" so there isn't much out there about her. Here's the only article that I found from today:

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Visalia police dig into slaying

Police say a Visalia woman whose body was found last weekend in a shallow grave last was seen alive Sept. 26 — two weeks before she was reported missing and possibly the same day her husband was released from Tulare County Jail.

Joseph Hughes, 29, is not a suspect in the death of his wife, 31-year-old Sonia Hughes, according to Visalia police.

Investigators have not determined a possible motive for the slaying, saying only it is being treated as a homicide. Authorities know how Hughes was killed, but are not releasing the information, Sgt. Allyn Wightman said Friday...

KGPE - CBS TV47 - Debbie Hawk's former home is for sale

The house where Debbie Hawk lived for nearly five years is now on the market ... listed for $269,000. But Hawk's highly publicized missing person case that turned into an unsolved murder case may make the home a difficult sell.

According to the realtor, information about a crime, or possible crime, must be disclosed to any potential buyer.

JerseyGirl said:
KGPE - CBS TV47 - Debbie Hawk's former home is for sale

The house where Debbie Hawk lived for nearly five years is now on the market ... listed for $269,000. But Hawk's highly publicized missing person case that turned into an unsolved murder case may make the home a difficult sell.

According to the realtor, information about a crime, or possible crime, must be disclosed to any potential buyer.

I wonder who is selling Debbie's house? It can't be the ex cause they are divorced. Would it be her parents or one of her sibs? How would that work?
Has someone gone to court and had her declared legally dead so that the house can be sold and the money given to the kids? I hope if that house sells that the money goes into a trust for the kids...a trust that is handled by the courts so no one can touch it...like the ex.

I wonder when LE is going to arrest him? Has he been in court for spending most of the kids trust fund money yet? They could at least deal with that because he robbed those kids blind. Here he is an able bodied man and he steals from his kids. Has no job except with his dad so that he can be paid under the table. What a worthless loser.

I am praying that the new year brings some closure for this family. I feel so sorry for the kids - having to live with the person that robbed them blind is bad enough, but to live with the probable murderer of your mother is unthinkable.

Pepper said:
I am praying that the new year brings some closure for this family. I feel so sorry for the kids - having to live with the person that robbed them blind is bad enough, but to live with the probable murderer of your mother is unthinkable.

I hope that the new year brings closure for these kids too. I wonder what the hold up is on the arrest? It seems that if they have enough evidence they would arrest him now. Maybe they are still hoping that they will find Debbie's body but if they do I just wonder if they will be able to get anymore evidence after all of this time.

I wonder what the kids think. I would also like to know why that monster hasn't been to court yet for robbing the kids trust fund. I know it is illegal to spend your kids money when it is in a trust fund for them when they turn a certain age. I wonder how he even got money out of the fund? I would like to see him prove that he used all of that money on medical bills for the kids like he said he did. That would still be illegal. Him and Debbie were probably supposed to split the kids medical bills if he didn't have medical that would cover them. He really is a piece of work and I hope that he pays dearly for what he has done to his children.

Marie said:
Police Closer to Making Arrest in Debbie Hawk Murder Case

Hanford’s police chief believes he will be able to arrest Dave Hawk, Debbie’s ex husband who is currently the prime suspect in the case.

So what is the holdup? I think about Debbie and her kids often and about her arrogant ex-husband. I just wish that the husband would be arrested and sent away. Right now he is probably struting around thinking he has gotten away with the murder of his children's mother.

Bobbisangel said:
So what is the holdup? I think about Debbie and her kids often and about her arrogant ex-husband. I just wish that the husband would be arrested and sent away. Right now he is probably struting around thinking he has gotten away with the murder of his children's mother.
I don't know, things have been really silent, no more news at all. Maybe the statement by the Chief was an attempt to rattle Dave?? I just don't know, but it was the 1st time that LE spoke so boldly about suspecting and arresting Dave specifically. I still have a lot of hope that Debbie will be found and that she and her family will recieve justice. It's a difficult case.

I hope that Debbie will be found too. He children need a place to go to put flowers and talk to their mom. Dave needs to go to prison.

I'm hoping April will be the month that Debbie is found and put to rest by her family and friends.

I thought LE was so close to making an arrest. What are they waiting for? Either they have evidence or they don't. I bet that creep is just gloating because he hasn't been arrested. His poor kids are probably still living with him too. I wish they would find Debbie. There probably wouldn't be any evidence by this time but she still needs to be found. When he said "she'll never be found" maybe he was right. Hope not. This guy makes me sick.

Area near Hawk home investigated

10:31 a.m.: -- Investigators this morning are searching an area near the home of the prime suspect in the disappearance of Debbie Hawk for possible physical evidence in the case.

11:10 a.m.: Kings County District Attorney Ron Calhoun said Thursday morning that investigators had found bones in a drain pipe at a dairy near Dave Hawk's home - on 15th Avenue and is within sight of Hawk’s residence on 16th Avenue..

Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas said Dave Hawk remains the primary suspect in the disappearance and improbable murder of his ex-wife who was reported missing from her Hanford residence nearly a year ago. Mestas said there could be other people involved in the case but he couldn’t provide further details.

It turns out that the bones were animal bones.

I really hope that this case sees some resolution soon. Those poor, poor children.

Darn it! I wonder if they have any evidence at all against that arrogant creep? I wonder how they happened to decide to search in the most recent place? Darn I hope something happens on this case soon. I still think of Debbie and her kids. Hope and pray for a resolution in this case.

Darn it! I wonder if they have any evidence at all against that arrogant creep? I wonder how they happened to decide to search in the most recent place? Darn I hope something happens on this case soon. I still think of Debbie and her kids. Hope and pray for a resolution in this case.

Dairy owner Frank Fagundes said he alerted police because he thought it was strange to find the bones inside the pipe. The dairy is within sight of the 16th Avenue home of Hawk's ex-husband, Dave Hawk, who is the primary suspect in his ex-wife's disappearance.

http://www.fresnobee.com/406/story/45507.html

It's great that a community member found something suspicious and stepped up to the plate and made that call. Further in the article it mentions the chief saying there could be other people involved but would't say more and that D Hawk is still primary suspect.

Praying for an end in this case. Debbie's family deserve closure.

South Valley Police Begin New Search For Missing Mother Debbie Hawk

A new search Thursday re-focused attention on the case of missing South Valley mother Debbie Hawk. But early Thursday afternoon Hanford investigators confirmed the bones are not related to the Debbie Hawk murder investigation. It was another let-down for police who say they have been actively investigating the case for almost a year now.

Police believe the Hanford mother of three was murdered last June. In October Debbie's ex-husband, Dave, was named the main suspect in the case, but he has never been arrested.
Calls to Dave Hawk were not returned. He has denied having anything to do with Debbie's disappearance.

Daren Matteson, says "we take it day by day and the team is 100% behind this case fortunately the family is 100% behind this team and I can't tell you how that keeps us going."
Hanford police say they will pick up their investigation on Debbie Hawk's case Friday morning.
They say there is no new information on her case and they're still waiting to get evidence back from FBI crime labs in Virginia.

Praying for an end in this case. Debbie's family deserve closure.

My heart just breaks for her family and friends. They do deserve to know that her murderer/s are punished, and Debbie deserves to be properly buried by those who loved her.

I cannot express how impressed I am with the strength and tenacity of Debbie's family and LE. I have no doubt that they will continue to fight until justice is done.

I'm re-posting Debbie's page, so everyone can be reminded of how beautiful she was, and how loved.

Debbie Hawk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back